3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

Lt.Caine, i really like the ford crown victoria 2.5M with the MX-7000 lightbar, but my problem is the front window lights, they function fine, but somehow dont look right. Could you make them grill lights instead please, also i dont have any good ideas for an enforcer lorry, i miss the original but it hasnt got editable liverys??? Any Help??

@ PoliceMad: Some of those have already been made, either by me or other authors, but I don't think I'll be working on a Habanero partly for reasons JJJ8 enumerated; sorry to disappoint.

@ byankeesjeter: Not a problem at all smile.gif

@ francismori7: You might be please to know that BxBugs is working on a version of the CVPI with an Arjent light bar. I believe there is a topic in the GTAPoliceMods forum about it.

@ cjere2k7: The links will only work if you're registered on the GPM forum, as they link to sections of the site that are only meant to be visible to registered users, I'm afraid. As for the CVPI-V2.5M, what do you mean by the "front window lights"? If you mean the spot lights near the side mirrors, then those have been removed in the latest update.

Also, IMP1-V3.7M has been released:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Nice one, Lt.caine icon14.gif

Now we have much more variety on choosing Impala equipment.

Edited by JJJ8
francismori7
@ francismori7: You might be please to know that BxBugs is working on a version of the CVPI with an Arjent light bar. I believe there is a topic in the GTAPoliceMods forum about it.

Yeah I know that but he doesn't seem to want to release it. He's like working on 6 different cars at the moment... I wanted to make my own lightbar and make it ELS so I could use it, but no luck... -_-

PoliceMad

Can someone make the Cruiser and Patrol in the Metropolitan Police (London/UK) Livery please?

This livery here:

user posted image

I know someone on the Forum has already made 2 vehicles in the Metropolitan Police livery, but I can't seem to see the pictures as I only download stuff when I see a preview of it first Picture/Videos

Edited by PoliceMad
Rob.Zombie

I love the new Impala. Will you update the vertex lightbared (not sure if vertex is the name, but the NYPD standard lightbar) impala as well? And to get the real NYPD feeling this color pattern would be awesome:

user posted image

(or just make the sirens paintable too smile.gif)

PoliceMad
I love the new Impala. Will you update the vertex lightbared (not sure if vertex is the name, but the NYPD standard lightbar) impala as well? And to get the real NYPD feeling this color pattern would be awesome:

user posted image

You can't paint a siren lol...a siren is a sound wink.gif

You mean the lightbar, just wanted to put you right hehe!

francismori7

user posted image

He already said it was not possible. Because of the coronas. You can only have 4 red coronas on a vehicle, meaning this is not possible to have.

Rob.Zombie

That shouldn't be a problem. I'd rather have proper LIGHTBARs (tounge.gif, anyway thx smile.gif) than proper coronas. It looks good on Chasez's crown vic. And the paintable lightbar would solve this problem too. Cuz if you want to have proper coronas, you can use the default paint, but if you don't, then you just repaint it yourself. Unfortunately I can only paint stuff with MS Paint lol, since my photoshop skillz R teh suck.

EDIT: Anyway schaefft made the lights on the side orange, but then fixed it. So can you make the side orange lights white, as they should look. Here are some piccies (I hope you know what I'm talking about smile.gif)

http://www.virginiausedcardealers.com/pemb...E439104234A.jpg

http://www.policeny.com/bui/6Impala%20JR%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Edited by Rob.Zombie

right Lt.Ciane, thanks for new impala, at least they spawn seperately now, by that i mean the lights on the CVPI 2.5M they always both spawned, just need it so that the CVPI spawns With either Deck Lights or The Lightbar, Not both. Cheers.

Yeah I know that but he doesn't seem to want to release it. He's like working on 6 different cars at the moment... I wanted to make my own lightbar and make it ELS so I could use it, but no luck... -_-

more like 15 its that im having somewhat small problems with them

post some pics of your Arjent lets see how it looks

Anyone else here have problems with getting the multiple liveries to work? I try adding +livery to the end of the line in vehicle.ide, but it still only has the first skin. Can anyone help me with this?

I don't get that 4 skin thing sad.gif It says that they will appear randomly but I have never seen all of them appear, only one. I want to know what's the point of adding more skins in WTD file if they don't work and Lt.Caine, have they ever worked for you?

francismori7

more like 15 its that im having somewhat small problems with them

post some pics of your Arjent lets see how it looks

Will do tomorrow, gotta go now.

dj jazzy death
I don't get that 4 skin thing sad.gif It says that they will appear randomly but I have never seen all of them appear, only one. I want to know what's the point of adding more skins in WTD file if they don't work and Lt.Caine, have they ever worked for you?

by any chance did u try and go to vehicles.ide and add +livery(or how ever the hell it goes it's in the instructions)? if u did then oh well i tried. Many people forgot to add that and thats why people only saw one.

@GTA C13 @chasez

Haven't checked on the latest Impala yet, but it works on all other police vehicles for me. I have a low-end pc, but FCV, Impala, Charger, Tahoe and ambulances spawns random skins correctly ... It's one of the most sweetest function of all for my opinion cool.gif

Are you guys sure that you really added "+livery" to the right place? I made mistakes on the first try and only got one skin for a while, so just wanted to make sure (no space or quotations needed for +livery)

@GTA C13 @chasez

Haven't checked on the latest Impala yet, but it works on all other police vehicles for me. I have a low-end pc, but FCV, Impala, Charger, Tahoe and ambulances spawns random skins correctly ... It's one of the most sweetest function of all for my opinion cool.gif

Are you guys sure that you really added "+livery" to the right place? I made mistakes on the first try and only got one skin for a while, so just wanted to make sure (no space or quotations needed for +livery)

I have no space or quotations, and I have it at the end of police and police 2. Any chance you could show a screenshot of what it looks like to help me and chasez?

@GTA C13 @chasez

I have no space or quotations, and I have it at the end of police and police 2. Any chance you could show a screenshot of what it looks like to help me and chasez?

That's odd... but I feel like I heard the same kind of problem before. The problem is that I don't remeber where I saw it and what was the solution for it sad.gif

Sure, here it is.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7616/photo41p.jpg

This wasn't actually for showing multiple skins, but I suppose you can see three Impala (they are installed on Police2 slot) with two different skins (LCPD and a different one)

By the way, don't count the left corner one, that is not from the mutiple skin.

@GTA C13 @chasez

That's odd... but I feel like I heard the same kind of problem before. The problem is that I don't remeber where I saw it and what was the solution for it sad.gif

Sure, here it is.

This wasn't actually for showing multiple skins, but I suppose you can see three Impala (they are installed on Police2 slot) with two different skins (LCPD and a different one)

What I mean is a screenshot of your vehicles.ide folder so I can try to see what I'm doing wrong with it.

@GTA C13 @chasez

Sure, here it is.

What I mean is a screenshot of your vehicles.ide folder so I can try to see what I'm doing wrong with it.

Please be more specific on what you need from next time... I was almost about to leave smile.gif

user posted image

This is how it looks like at the end of my police1 and police2.

Hope this helps now. If it doesn't... wait for Lt.Caine

@GTA C13 @chasez

Sure, here it is.

Please be more specific on what you need from next time... I was almost about to leave smile.gif

user posted image

This is how it looks like at the end of my police1 and police2.

Hope this helps now. If it doesn't... wait for Lt.Caine

Dang it. Thats exactly how mine looks. I guess that I will be stuck with one skin on each cop car forever.

chasez i know how to do it real well just msg me on msn if you need help.

chasez i know how to do it real well just msg me on msn if you need help.

Thanks BxB but I think I got it smile.gif The weirdest part is I thought I saved the vehicle.dat file and basicly it should have saved the file when I edited and then closed with a message that the file must be saved to apply changes but nothing like that happened, it just closed. I tried it in game but nothing, when I checked the file again it wasn't there biggrin.gif the ''+livery'' line was gone. Now I did it again and this time I double checked now it was there and everything works fine smile.gif

btw I have heard from GPM forum that some people have this ''+livery'' problem too I just don't know if the problem is the same as mine biggrin.gif

I can assure you that the multiple liveries do work, and they're great!

I think the problem for some might be that they forget to make the vehicles.ide file "Read-only". For those of you who don't know how, it's quite simple. Simply right-click on the file, select Properties, and then in the "Attributes" section at the bottom of the dialog box, UN-check "Read-only". Then you should be able to modify and save the file correctly and without issue.

I can assure you that the multiple liveries do work, and they're great!

I think the problem for some might be that they forget to make the vehicles.ide file "Read-only". For those of you who don't know how, it's quite simple. Simply right-click on the file, select Properties, and then in the "Attributes" section at the bottom of the dialog box, UN-check "Read-only". Then you should be able to modify and save the file correctly and without issue.

Lt. Caine, read only is checked off, and my file saves correctly because +livery is always there on the police lines whenever I open the file. Any chance you could send me a file with it on?

Yea, now I remember that the 'read only' problem is sometimes a hidden trap for playing with mods smile.gif

@GTA C13

Well, the possibility must be quite low, but I came up with another solution. Do you have the correct "file check fix" inside your gtaIV directory?

right Lt.Ciane, thanks for new impala, at least they spawn seperately now, by that i mean the lights on the CVPI 2.5M they always both spawned, just need it so that the CVPI spawns With either Deck Lights or The Lightbar, Not both. Cheers.

hey i cannt register at the gtapolicemod.com

they never send me a comfirmation email and its been months, i checked spam and everything but i never recieve it dontgetit.gif

edit: ok at last i recieve the email after months

Edited by kudoboi

Yea, now I remember that the 'read only' problem is sometimes a hidden trap for playing with mods smile.gif

@GTA C13

Well, the possibility must be quite low, but I came up with another solution. Do you have the correct "file check fix" inside your gtaIV directory?

That could be it. I've never downloaded one of those before. Thanks, I'll tell you if it works.

EDIT: Tried it, but now on the start screen there are no options (like start, load game, those ones). I have tried it on Patches 1.0.2, 1.0.3, and 1.0.4

Edited by GTA C13