3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

Hazmat is desperate for a handling line

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it better to go to bxbug's topic, or wherever the correct place on GPM and ask for it? I suppose it's way much faster to recive an ansewr.

byankeesjeter

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have been trying to use ELS V2 with patch 1.0.4.0 (The 4th patch). But when I start the game, and attempt to use ELS with an ELS compatible vehicle nothing happens, and the menu does not appear. I have changed the car I want to use, to activated in the .ini but still nothing works. Below is a link to a picture of my GTA IV directory with the required files boxed, in case I am missing any files. Any help will be very much appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4380637386/

@ byankeesjeter: g4mhook.dll seems to be missing there. You need to install Version A of the ELS V2 since you have the 1.0.4.0 patch.

@Lt.Caine, i am so bored with fbi, so i want to replace with a crown vic which has two rear deck lights and either two grill lights or front window lights, it would be amazing to see it please!!!!

byankeesjeter
@ byankeesjeter: g4mhook.dll seems to be missing there. You need to install Version A of the ELS V2 since you have the 1.0.4.0 patch.

Thanks for the reply, where exactly can I find Version A of ELS V2?

That's what's new with V2.5V: several skins, one car model.

The CVPI V2.5V revolutionizes police vehicles in GTAIV in that it has 4 different paintjobs (or "liveries"). These painjobs act like "extra" parts in that they spawn randomly (however, they are NOT extra objects, so extras are unaffected by this.)

The end result is something quite breathtaking -- especially during police chases -- as it adds a whole new level of realism to the game, a much greater deal of diversity to the police vehicles, and also makes things a lot more interesting for texture modders.

wow. That's great Caine!! Nice work!! I never new you could do that, maybe you could do that for some of the other vehicles wink.gif

That's what we call 'awsome'. Excellent job as always, Lt.Caine cool.gif

So now we don't have to swap cars and paint jobs every time when we feel like we need to see a new one. This is revolutionary icon14.gif

Gah damn Caine! That is sick. I was kind of thinking a while back that there has to be a way to add more than one texture to a car, and you sir have found it, great job.

i'll be posting this week maby a new different style skin for Noose FCV. it'll look like it was going to a race or car show rather than duty.

For those who hasn't noticed yet, Lt.Caine has released a new version of Chevrolet Impala with multiple skins just like the V2.5 FCV. It's available at GPM like always, and seems to have overcome the annoying 're-install game now' error message for some people.

Edited by JJJ8

Thank you JJJ8.

Yup, the Impala has been released once again, and so far, according to those I've asked as well as my own testing, it seems to work fine (although, there may still be some rare issues -- which are under review).

Looks like the guys down at Fleet Services are having some trouble though...

user posted image

Feel free to post images of your police vehicle fleet!

Thank you JJJ8.

Yup, the Impala has been released once again, and so far, according to those I've asked as well as my own testing, it seems to work fine (although, there may still be some rare issues -- which are under review).

Looks like the guys down at Fleet Services are having some trouble though...

user posted image

Feel free to post images of your police vehicle fleet!

I spy with my little eye a CVPI with a FDLC texture! I don't think you've released it so could you?

Damn, they're very nice. Btw, Caine, how could you isntall so many types of police cars? There isnt so many 'slots'.

Damn, they're very nice. Btw, Caine, how could you isntall so many types of police cars? There isnt so many 'slots'.

Yeah, I tried adding the Hazmat Truck to the game seperately but it only crashed my game... bored.gif

@ Rob.Zombie & NYPD 55: No non-police vehicles were replaced for that picture. All the police cars you see there are only three models: the police, police2, and noose. The new CVPI V2.5V and new Impala SUPPORT 4 CUSTOM PAINTJOBS each. So theoretically, you can replace all 4 police cars in the game and yet have 16 different paintjobs which spawn randomly (or can be toggles with a trainer).

@ Rob.Zombie & NYPD 55: No non-police vehicles were replaced for that picture. All the police cars you see there are only three models: the police, police2, and noose. The new CVPI V2.5V and new Impala SUPPORT 4 CUSTOM PAINTJOBS each. So theoretically, you can replace all 4 police cars in the game and yet have 16 different paintjobs which spawn randomly (or can be toggles with a trainer).

Wow thats some nice thing. Thank you for the awesome cars! smile.gifcookie.gif

Yeah that sounds epic. 1 police car for highway patrol, cruiser and auxillary unit. That's just awesome biggrin.gif

But I always missed the NYPD textures. Not just paintjobs, but textures. Like NYPD vehicles' light bar looks like this:

user posted image

So, from the left: red red white red white red red

And what problems do you have with the Impala? (only a suggestion: if you ran into an unknown problem, maybe try to convert it again)

Edited by Rob.Zombie
..GhosT

Impossible. GTA IV supports only 8 Siren Dummies, that are 4 Red and 4 White ones. Ur example needs to have a red one, but ..

Impossible. GTA IV supports only 8 Siren Dummies, that are 4 Red and 4 White ones. Ur example needs to have a red one, but ..

And is that possible to make more dummies maybe?

checklist please help to complete, not just for me but for many people i have spoken to:

-ALT TEXTURES IMPALA

-FBI crown vic or impala NON ELS So two rear deck lights and either grill or front window lights

-Cheverolet Caprice Police car, Alot of people miss it from gta san andreas

Added: you said 4 POLICE cars Lt.Caine? I assume you mean Police, Police2, Noose, And Polpatriot?

Heres the caprice im talking about:

user posted image

Edit found new version aswell looks kinda nice

user posted image

Edited by cjere2k7

Yeah I know, but all you have to do is make some of the red sirens light up as white. I don't care how it looks like when it's on.

francismori7
Added: you said 4 POLICE cars Lt.Caine? I assume you mean Police, Police2, Noose, And Polpatriot?

No. He means that that is only 3 modified cars. 3 cars are the same in this picture. It's just that one car can have 4 skins each.