1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

UPDATE

- CVPI V2.4V RELEASED.

- Several improvements from V1.7V, both aesthetic and performance-related.

- For those of you unsatisfied with the previous wheel placement and size, those issued have been addressed as well in the current update.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As for those of you looking for an ELS version with a Liberty light bar, well there is one being worked on by someone else. It HAS NOT been released yet, however, and I don't know when it will.

GPM Link (May require registration, not sure)

Cool CVPI v2.4. Will test out soon.

Yea about the liberty lightbar model. That dev team has been talking about releasing it since November. Since then they've "released" it twice - but both times have been shrewd and misleading releases. The first was a skin release that claimed to include the model w/ liberty lightbar. And the second was another skin release with one of your models (MX 7000 lightbar I think). Bxbugs is on that team and I think he's holding some grudges with some people who have been impatient with him. So he's releasing false mods to get everyone's hopes up. He'll show you a video for the mod with the lightbar and claim "FINALLY RELEASED" but it winds up just being something else all together.

Basically, Lt.Caine - you're our only hope.

Wow! Nice update Caine. Now the doors are well aligned. smile.gif Question, Bugs has been making an Arjent Lightbar for the CVPI, do you plan on making one too?

Wow! Nice update. Now if some1 could make an NYPD paintjob? All I want is to change the LCPD letters to NYPD, I'd do it myself but I can't use any program like Photoshop. I can only use Paint biggrin.gif

Wow! Nice update. Now if some1 could make an NYPD paintjob? All I want is to change the LCPD letters to NYPD, I'd do it myself but I can't use any program like Photoshop. I can only use Paint biggrin.gif

Didn't I say it before? You can use the NYPD paintjob from chasez, or even alle the templates you find for schaefft GTASA 2003 Crown Victoria. There all based on the same model.

Proof:

user posted image

Paintjobs from gta-worldmods

http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/phpkit...ae3d144ed9a7131

http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/phpkit...&contentid=4238

UPDATE

- IMP1 V3.6V RELEASED.

- Custom dirt visuals.

- Unique and independent front and rear license plates.

- Hazard lights integrated into the light bar.

- The vehicle has a completely customizable main skin.

- Model is original "Impala" by Schaefft, modified for and converted to GTAIV by Lt.Caine and smokey8808.

- This version of the Impala model has been modified by Lt.Caine with permission from Schaefft.

- Textures are by Lt.Caine.

- Special thank you to smokey8808 for greatly helping with the conversion process.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Oh boy. Installed it, tried to drive it, received my first-ever "GTA IV Fatal Error - Invalid Resource, Please re-install the game."

Not sure if this will happen for everyone but I'll try uninstalling the Impala model later and seeing if that does anything worthwhile. I really don't feel like re-installing anything.

It seems to be done nicely as always, Lt.Caine. I never thought we were able to see the Impala roll out such early. I was kind of expecting it like for another one or two months later tounge2.gif

Anyway, I have to test it out right now icon14.gif

Thanks JJJ8.

@ King Kapone: Several people have begun reporting the same error and I just got error too. I test the car dozens and dozens of times and it works fine. Then I release it and the second time I open up my game afterward I get the error! It's rediculous.

But anyways, when you get that error it doesn't mean you actually need to reinstall your game. Just replace the police2.wft and police2.wtd with something you know works fine. I'll suspend the download while I get this sorted out.

(Oh and the GPM site works fine for me wickidwim, so I don't know what's going on there.)

i have no problems with the impala (so far). Only want to report that rear turn signals dont work other wise beautiful car

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, but the reason the rear turn signals don't work is because I had to make a choice between putting them in the taillights or placing them in the light bar -- and I chose the light bar.

@ King Kapone: Several people have begun reporting the same error and I just got error too. I test the car dozens and dozens of times and it works fine. Then I release it and the second time I open up my game afterward I get the error! It's rediculous.

But anyways, when you get that error it doesn't mean you actually need to reinstall your game. Just replace the police2.wft and police2.wtd with something you know works fine. I'll suspend the download while I get this sorted out.

Yea, I figured so. I'll reinstall your latest CVPI in that slot until you get it sorted out. I did drive it around for a few blocks and I have some feedback if you'd like. As I said earlier, I own a 2003 Impala so maybe I could be of some help.

For example, when you activate high beams only the center lamps on either side light up. The two innermost lamps are standard headlights. The Impala emblem that's on both sides towards the back is slightly bigger in real life than on your model. If you need a picture of the emblem, I have one on my computer from when I bought my car. Again, not a huge deal but I figured I'd say something.

I also noticed that on the CVPI, when hazard lights are activated, there's a tiny rectangular shape that lights up. As far as I can tell from my experience with seeing them everyday (police, taxis, etc), the larger brakelights also work as the turn signal lights and hazards. That rectangular strip is, I think, just a reflector.

Just some small stuff I've noticed that should help you make future models more accurate. I appreciate all of your hard work - I'm VERY impressed with every one of your releases.

EDIT - I hope I made sense. Normally, I should make sense but who knows right now, I'm EXHAUSTED. I'll be back tomorrow to iron out this post if there are mistakes. Sorry in advance.

Like the look of the new CV and the impalas looking good, Are you doing a newer CVPI with Deck Lights Aswell??? And Chevvy caprice could look good, if only i knew how to convert sad.gif

UPDATE

- IMP1 V3.6V RELEASED.

- Custom dirt visuals.

- Unique and independent front and rear license plates.

- Hazard lights integrated into the light bar.

- The vehicle has a completely customizable main skin.

- Model is original "Impala" by Schaefft, modified for and converted to GTAIV by Lt.Caine and smokey8808.

- This version of the Impala model has been modified by Lt.Caine with permission from Schaefft.

- Textures are by Lt.Caine.

- Special thank you to smokey8808 for greatly helping with the conversion process.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

It's nice, but the mod seems not downloadable.

BTW, would you like to make a NYPD version?

Thank you! smile.gif

user posted image

biggrin.gif  monocle.gif

model KaLaC edit SirQue (D-ToX)

What the heck?! Are you kidding??? This is NOT your topic!

Btw, Lt.Caine, I have the same problem as BxBugs - game crashes on start of the game. I have installed only your impala. Replaced vehicle.img and everything works fine.

Edited by chasez

That's weird. I haven't ran into any problems with the Impala while playing. Even took a few photos and posted them up @ gtapolicemods.

Otherwise, very good work sir. Looks nice alongside the CVPI.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, but the reason the rear turn signals don't work is because I had to make a choice between putting them in the taillights or placing them in the light bar -- and I chose the light bar.

oh well i could live with no turn signals. As long as i have the impala.

biggrin.gifmonocle.gif

model KaLaC edit SirQue (D-ToX)

Please don't spam the topic with advertising when you already have your own topic for it.

Besides, I assume that this time you just took Alex5800's 'Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia' light bar and put Lt.Caine's 'LCPD TPS skin' for polc, judging by both pics on this topic and yours. Is it so hard to credit other peoples works?

I had an idea though I have yet to test it out. Is it possible that the Impala crash has to do with custom skins? See, I didn't run it in-game with the default LCPD skin. I used a custom made. I don't know if this is the same story for everyone else who experienced a crash but it might be a possibility.

I'll check it out with the default skin later.

I had an idea though I have yet to test it out. Is it possible that the Impala crash has to do with custom skins? See, I didn't run it in-game with the default LCPD skin. I used a custom made. I don't know if this is the same story for everyone else who experienced a crash but it might be a possibility.

I'll check it out with the default skin later.

Doubt it i made mine nypd and it still works. Oh and could i add that i use that get crashes with the impala but also it lagged alot so i switched it from 1600x900 to 1024x768 and i got no lag and it hasnt crashed since.

I'm going to keep the download open despite the problems the car may cause, as some people can still get it to work and I'm assuming that most of you would rather have a buggy car than no car at all. That said, the problem obviously needs to be corrected, although so far I've had no success.

Also, to those of you who get the "Reinstall you game" error, there is no need to actually reinstall your game. Simply replace the impala with another model that you know works fine.

I'm assuming that most of you would rather have a buggy car than no car at all.

Thank you kind sir ! I was at gtapolicemods earlier and when I seen the car i damn near pissed myself, but that stopped when I seen the download was suspended...Like King Kapone i'm an owner of a impala '05. I'm just praying someone could make a stock impala to replace the merit sleepy.gif