4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

The Impala loox nice Lt Caine colgate.gif

I know I PM, but so others see, so it isnt possible to rename police wft/wtd to other police veh "police.wft" -> "noose.wft" ?

I tried w/ your latest C Vic and wouldnt work, spark showed the car name "noose.wft/wtd" still highlighted blue, rebuilding/saving dint change that, cuz usually when you save ofcourse the names turn black text, so anyways the game crasht right b4 loading safehouse.

I am guessing its just something in the police vehs that dont allow them to be interchanged or a provision that needs to be made so they CAN be interchanged ?!

Well, here are some pics of it in it's current form:

*pics*

The trouble is, ZModeler keeps screwing up the model, so it's really difficult to get a version good enough to release.

Wow! The second one is brilliant with that lightbar biggrin.gif please release a non-els version of it, as I can't get my els to work.

The Impala loox nice Lt Caine colgate.gif

I know I PM, but so others see, so it isnt possible to rename police wft/wtd to other police veh "police.wft" -> "noose.wft" ?

I tried w/ your latest C Vic and wouldnt work, spark showed the car name "noose.wft/wtd" still highlighted blue, rebuilding/saving dint change that, cuz usually when you save ofcourse the names turn black text, so anyways the game crasht right b4 loading safehouse.

I am guessing its just something in the police vehs that dont allow them to be interchanged or a provision that needs to be made so they CAN be interchanged ?!

i dont think its a problem with the cv's cause i got lt.Caines to replace the fbi charger and noose without any problem. what i did is copied the the police files and put them somewhere and renamed it to noose or whatever your replacing imported it and just clicked save no rebuild or nothing just clicked save with spark iv. Dont know if this will help, hope it will.

The sirens flashlight looks great, but i wouldn't buy it for PC, it laggs terrible unless you have a high-high end pc, the port is much more terrible than the GTA IV one, in performance-terms and also the graphic is slightly worse than on consoles.

i HAVE a High End PC and, ive bought the Game and, its lagging terribly, its nearly unplayable when driving, its just.. no words.

It was fun to play but after you finished the (quite senseless) story it becomes boring. The only thing you can do is play the Story again with a Friend over the Internet in the Co-op Mode.

The sirens flashlight looks great, but i wouldn't buy it for PC, it laggs terrible unless you have a high-high end pc, the port is much more terrible than the GTA IV one, in performance-terms and also the graphic is slightly worse than on consoles.

i HAVE a High End PC and, ive bought the Game and, its lagging terribly, its nearly unplayable when driving, its just.. no words.

It was fun to play but after you finished the (quite senseless) story it becomes boring. The only thing you can do is play the Story again with a Friend over the Internet in the Co-op Mode.

offtopic: The game itself is quite good and much fun, but i suggest getting it for PS3 or XBOX360. icon14.gif

ontopic: Very nice work, Lt.Caine, you did a really excellent job on this Impala.

Quick question, not trying to highjack the post but i feel bad constantly pm'ing LTCaine with all my questions. I have been playing around with paint, and have made a couple of cool looking skins. Can anyone tell me how i can angle the lettering to match with the stripes? When i type text out it only goes straight a cross, there has to be a way to get it to line up with the lines of a vehicle. See my boston police type skin below if im confusing anybody. *Original fd skin by LTCaine

Altered Boston Police skin

Altered FDLC skin

Edited by matty746

Matty- this is what I hate about Paint, it has very limited options. Im not sure if you want to get photoshop, because its a fairly expensive program, and downloading is frowned upon. Theres a program called GIMP, google it and it should be the first result that you get.

edit- forgot to mention GIMP is free.

mr_helm,

I wouldnt get photoshop, because i really wouldnt do enough with it to have it be worth the money i'd spend. I'll give gimp a shot though, thank you!

Your PC isn't 'high-end' anymore if it can't run gta iv. What are the specs, how much did it cost, and what year did you get it?

Computer games are generally better than their console counter-parts, even GTA IV. I think that its worth getting a high-end PC, as you can still do many more things with them, than you can on consoles, and they're considerably cheaper in the long-run, as you only need to upgrade it one piece at a time, but with consoles, you buy a new one every upgrade (eg. PS2 -> PS3).

Edited by Choppie

Your PC isn't 'high-end' anymore if it can't run gta iv. What are the specs, how much did it cost, and what year did you get it?

Computer games are generally better than their console counter-parts, even GTA IV. I think that its worth getting a high-end PC, as you can still do many more things with them, than you can on consoles, and they're considerably cheaper in the long-run, as you only need to upgrade it one piece at a time, but with consoles, you buy a new one every upgrade (eg. PS2 -> PS3).

What are you talking about? They are talking about Saints Row 2!

UPDATE

- CVPI V1.9M RELEASED.

- Equipped with a Code 3 MX-7000 light bar and deck lights -- both of which can be toggled in-game.

- Vehicle can appear in a slicktop configuration.

- Several general improvements made (including wheel size and spacing adjustments).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hi guys,

I've got another problem with replacing cars. I think I read somewhere that this has got to the with crappy memory management by GTA or something like that.

I've tried many cars from Lt.Caine but only two are giving me the problems. Mainly the newest FORD CROWN VICTORIA / CVPI-V1.9M and DODGE CHARGER / CHGR-V2.5V.

Whenever I replace those two cars all I get in my game are taxis and police cars. I don't remember exactly but this CHGR had previously 2.2 or 2.3 version number but it was working fine, 2.5V is not.

I can't use Traffic Flow mod because it is not compatible with 1.0.0.4. Is there anything else I can try to do to have those police cars in my game with normal traffic and not just taxis?

I've got 4GB of ram and my GPU is GTX280 if any of this matters.

Hi Cylon, well I finally realized I got that issue of all taxi when I installed chasez CVic, like this

user posted image

I thought it was something in the texture file itself, I dunno, I talkt to schaefft and chasez and he isnt sure yet why this is happening but chasez said he is experiencing this weird issue too, so it isnt related to your pc.

This is probably "car mods" / "replacing" related somehow... I had this problem even before the CVPI were released.  whatsthat.gif

I use *clean* vehimage file for testing this, no car mods. Game version 1.0.4.0 spark 6.2.2 (I used spark 6.4 w/ no diff), chasez contact me he uses 1.0.0.4 patch and spark 6.4 and said he has this same issue w/ his cars installed but thought @ one time he dint have an issue using CV HP ..

So you're saying you have his CVic and no issues like these ?

I find it abit difficult if even the author of the conversion is experiencing the same issue now that he has tested it. Its been a strange testing, sometimes I would come out of the safehouse and BAM 6+ taxi, other times I come out I have 2 taxi and like 6 feltzer, run down the street, more feltzer, go to the city area like in my pic, the C Vic shows up, all other cars become taxi .. very strange, like it sometimes takes a few mins to *normalize*

chasez said he had sh*t load taxi, then tons of landstalker, so dunno yet why this is. Anyways he said when he installt his taxi ALONE, I guess the latest one in his FCV topic, that everything seemt ok, so he thinks its somethin on that one particular car, that he plans to release a fix of it.

Nice update! Oh, I also have that taxi/police issue. So you are not alone. Anyway, is anyone else using that Traffic Flow mod? How do you guys like it? I used it and I don't really like it. It's not working the way I wanted it to. Maybe I'll download it again later and see if my opinions change.

Edited by moghost360

This is probably "car mods" / "replacing" related somehow... I had this problem even before the CVPI were released.  whatsthat.gif

I use *clean* vehimage file for testing this, no car mods. Game version 1.0.4.0 spark 6.2.2 (I used spark 6.4 w/ no diff), chasez contact me he uses 1.0.0.4 patch and spark 6.4 and said he has this same issue w/ his cars installed but thought @ one time he dint have an issue using CV HP ..

I find it abit difficult if even the author of the conversion is experiencing the same issue now that he has tested it. Its been a strange testing, sometimes I would come out of the safehouse and BAM 6+ taxi, other times I come out I have 2 taxi and like 6 feltzer, run down the street, more feltzer, go to the city area like in my pic, the C Vic shows up, all other cars become taxi .. very strange, like it sometimes takes a few mins to *normalize*

chasez said he had sh*t load taxi, then tons of landstalker, so dunno yet why this is. Anyways he said when he installt his taxi ALONE, I guess the latest one in his FCV topic, that everything seemt ok, so he thinks its somethin on that one particular car, that he plans to release a fix of it.

I heard the cause about this problem quite a while ago. I'm not sure if it's right or not though.

It was said that the game somehow realizes the replaced car mod as a slight file error, and that screws up the car flow system. So no matter how high end your pc is, you still have the possibility to meet this problem.

Although it sometimes normalize during game play so I suggest you to stay calm and cope with it. It isn't just you, or this mod that is having a problem. Atleast, it doesn't give you a fatal error or something like that right? sigh.gif

If you can't stand it, get a clean install and step back to 1.0.4.0. Then you can use the Traffic Flow mod. Or otherwise, don't use car mods at all. That's the most easiest way wink.gif

Edited by JJJ8

I heard the cause about this problem quite a while ago. I'm not sure if it's right or not though.

It was said that the game somehow realizes the replaced car mod as a slight file error, and that screws up the car flow system. So no matter how high end your pc is, you still have the possibility to meet this problem.

Although it sometimes normalize during game play so I suggest you to stay calm and cope with it. It isn't just you, or this mod that is having a problem. Atleast, it doesn't give you a fatal error or something like that right? sigh.gif

If you can't stand it, get a clean install and step back to 1.0.4.0. Then you can use the Traffic Flow mod. Or otherwise, don't use car mods at all. That's the most easiest way wink.gif

If you dont know if its right or not then maybe you should find out for yourself b4 commenting on it as if you have some authority, who are you telling to stay calm and cope ?! Where did someone get hysterical ?! dozingoff.gif

Mods ? you quote my post, I said I HAVE NO car mods, I dint mention using any.. I dont see where I said "I am the only person having this problem".

Are you reading what is in the posts you quote ?!

FYI, I never *complained* about it, I myself realized it is a real issue after some ppl questioned and I tested it, now chasez, the AUTHOR of the conversion has tested it and gets the same issue, I SAID he is working on a fix for it, so how about shut the fk up w/ your "I will moderate topics and posts as if I have authority to do so" attitude, I'm abit tired of seein it dude, especially in reply to some of my posts!

sorry for the *off topic* and expletive expression Lt Caine

[EDIT]

Wow...I answered it with no hostile meanings at all, but you freak out. I don't think you are patient *facepalm

It's too stupid to argue about it here. I've sent you a PM, if that's what you want dozingoff.gif

Edited by JJJ8

WHOA @ COSTAR what graphics enhances do you have???? that looks so lifelike and amazing!!!!

Yea cjere2k7 I am using that ENB series 77a . It seems to have a "brightness" issue, where things get like white paper wayyyyy too bright. If you google you can find it! smile.gif LilQ uses it he told me about it, as you notice his fantastic pix, he uses 76e tho I think.

Mr.Bollek - whoa, enormous pix - adjusts glasses for wide angle view tounge2.gif , these are your skins ? If so they look good! I like the emblem on the door!! The flag reminds me of those magnet flags you can put on your car.

Edited by Costar

Hey Lt. Caine, what ever happened to the charger skin at the top of page 2 (Blue and White)? I can't find it anywhere (even in the pack)...Thanks

Hey Lt. Caine, what ever happened to the charger skin at the top of page 2 (Blue and White)? I can't find it anywhere (even in the pack)...Thanks

I think I know why. It's because it's not the Police Charger. That would be the Police Buffalo.