1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

Yea, he loox good smile.gif

Sad some grief already starting over chasez releasing dozingoff.gif

mr_helm, yea be sure to provide link, say which model is that one, I havent seen that charger w/ those wheels ?!

Good car. As soon as I get home tonight, I'll download it. And also, is that an 03 impala I see in the background of the first pic? How long before we see that released?

Caine so will you make a fixed camera and fixed wheel versions of your cars? Told you, you don't have to worry about if they roll over in corner, cuz I can fix it with a handling smile.gif

I still don't have an answer confused.gif

Anyway the Vic looks awesome when it's dirty, but plz ffs move the wheels out of the chassis. It looks like the car is floating in the air. And will you add the NYPD smash bars as well to the front?

EDIT: And can some1 make a HQ NYPD paintjob like the LCPD one? I tried to modify some textures with paint ( lol.gif ) but when I got back in game the glasses weren't transparent...

Edited by Rob.Zombie

Comparing with the pic which Lil'Q posted, it doesn't look that odd...well atleast for me. I'm not a professional for those things sigh.gif

http://nycpdcars.50webs.com/nypd1071.jpg

If no one is making, maybe I can work on the NYPD, but there are plenty of other good guys for making skins, so I'm sure someone will be ahead smile.gif

BTW, did you really add the new skin in the right place?

Edited by JJJ8

Yeah anyway I've found out the problem is I was using Paint which fuxorz up the transparent paints. Now it's a pain in the ass, but I'm working with GIMP to get the correct sirens. And yes in the rear part of the Vic the wheels are more into the chassis, because it's on the same position as the front ones (not sure if you know what I mean)

Just compare with this 1:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2207/153830..._af00502a44.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...k_City_NYPD.JPG

You can clearly see the wheel is almost "sticking out" of the car instead of "hideing in the chassis. Right now I'm trying to get the same color pattern for the siren lights, and remove the blueish tint from the window. But I'm quite sure it was set in Zmodeler...

I'd love to see these ram bars on the Vic to get a realistic NYPD Vic. I know it's ugly, but that's how it looks like biggrin.gif

The default paintjob on Chasez's FCV is one of the NYPD. You can use his car of use his livery on the Lt.Caine's model. Both are based on the same model and uses the same templates.

I can't get enough of them...

Here are some more screens form Chasez's and Lt.Caine's FCV

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Can you see the differences?

Both are so beautiful ^^ inlove.gif

Edited by Marsmillo

The FDLC Charger texture is my creation. How ever I used Caine's template, and the car that it is on right now is the "CHGR-V2.5V". I will be getting more pictures of it up VERY soon.

edit-

user posted image

Edited by mr_helm

I'm glad you guys like the CVPIs

Ever since chasez released his first CVPI there's been Crown Vic fever going around! And I'm enjoying it. tounge.gif

I still need to make some adjustments to my version. For instance, I've noticed that on higher end PCs the black part of the light bar reflects way too much. (On my PC, since the specs are lower, I couldn't notice this.) Also, chasez thought of making the door handles all black on his version, and I didn't, and I think they look better all black, so I'll be changing that as well.

So there should be an update to the current version coming soon. And an ELS version should follow that. Or actually, I think I'm gonna release a version with a StreetHawk light bar and another with an MX-7000 before I work on an ELS one.

Ever since chasez released his first CVPI there's been Crown Vic fever going around! And I'm enjoying it. tounge.gif

I still need to make some adjustments to my version. For instance, I've noticed that on higher end PCs the black part of the light bar reflects way too much. (On my PC, since the specs are lower, I couldn't notice this.) Also, chasez thought of making the door handles all black on his version, and I didn't, and I think they look better all black, so I'll be changing that as well.

So there should be an update to the current version coming soon. And an ELS version should follow that. Or actually, I think I'm gonna release a version with a StreetHawk light bar and another with an MX-7000 before I work on an ELS one.

very nice smile.gif

And how about an NYPD version? The car is all white, including the now black strip, the car has NYPD ram bars, NYPD paintjob.

And the wheels are not just too much into the chassis, but they are too big. It looks like they are 22"s, on the other hand the tire itself is too narrow and needs to be wider.

Now I understand if you don't want to do this, then please send me an unlocked version of the .wft and I'll try.

Sorry, but I tried following the instructions on GPM, but I can't figure it out. How do I install the alternate skuns? And also, what are the wtd and wft files for the noose cruiser?

Sorry, but I tried following the instructions on GPM, but I can't figure it out. How do I install the alternate skuns? And also, what are the wtd and wft files for the noose cruiser?

You need SparkIV or some simlar tool. Open up the .wtd file for the car and replace the skin and that's all.

NOoSE cruiser is "noose" icon14.gif

very nice smile.gif

Same. Very nice indeed. colgate.gif

Using SparkIV you will select the car's .wtd file, for example "noose.wtd", click *edit* then scroll down through till you find usually a file like "...paintjob..." say if its "car_paintjob", you can then correctly rename the skin you dlded for example from "NYPDpoliceskin" to "car_paintjob", once renamed, then in spark, w/ that file selected, press *import* button, navigate to your dlded skin, select it, then once done, be SURE to press the "SAVE" button so it saves the texture change, then press "SAVE" on spark so it saves the archive. THen when you load the game it should show new texture.

If you use Vista or Win 7 and have UAC activated then be sure to run sparkIV as administrator.

Well, here are some pics of it in it's current form:

user posted image

user posted image

The trouble is, ZModeler keeps screwing up the model, so it's really difficult to get a version good enough to release.

Great work the cars so far!

Just a small suggestion, I was impressed with Saints Rows 2 emergency lighting system from the trailers, and now with some difficulty I managed to find some In-game footage of the vehicles lighting system. I think this is probably what we should aim for.

-The lights are bright but not annoying

-The light it casts on it's surroundings is enough, with the current ELS it's kind of unbearable at the high speeds.

Ambulance Saints Row 2

Police Car

The fire truck is my favorite so far with the lighting even though the video quality was crap.

I think I might plan on buying Saints Row 2 for PC tonight, for the great lighting system.

Ofcourse the graphics is not as good as GTAIV, and the neither the car design.

So I was hoping we could accomplish something like this here.

Edited by Big64

The sirens flashlight looks great, but i wouldn't buy it for PC, it laggs terrible unless you have a high-high end pc, the port is much more terrible than the GTA IV one, in performance-terms and also the graphic is slightly worse than on consoles.

Well, here are some pics of it in it's current form:

The trouble is, ZModeler keeps screwing up the model, so it's really difficult to get a version good enough to release.

Nicely done as always, Lt.Caine icon14.gif

The in-game 'Merit' isn't that bad but the real Impala is way much beautiful than that.

Hoping that you can sort out the problems soon.