3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

Actually for the sake of realism, that would be more accurate, taxi is everywhere in NY, tons of them.

I actually like lots of taxi drivers since they are more likely to get out n fight w/ you devil.giflol.gif

However since changing popcycle values putting a mix of gangs throughout the game, better chance of gun battles biggrin.gif

So wait, no turret mini gun on the fire truck (yet) Lt Caine ?! tounge.gif

Actually for the sake of realism, that would be more accurate, taxi is everywhere in NY, tons of them.

I actually like lots of taxi drivers since they are more likely to get out n fight w/ you devil.giflol.gif

Yea there are a whole lot of taxi's in certain areas. but not all over the place lol.gif

Caine just FYI the rear ariel on the charger 2.5V is not actually on the vehicle it kinda hovers lol, just thought i would let you know. and btw any alternative skins for the firetruck or tahoe??? tounge2.gif

EduardKoeleJuck

There's also a FDNY Charger, maybe you could make it?

This one's from TrackMania, but that doesn't matter:

user posted image

If you do it, could you also make a skin for the Buffalo? I prefer GTA cars to realistic cars wink.gif.

Thanks

There's also a FDNY Charger, maybe you could make it?

This one's from TrackMania, but that doesn't matter:

*background is not NY but nice charg snip*

If you do it, could you also make a skin for the Buffalo? I prefer GTA cars to realistic cars wink.gif.

Thanks

that BG is sooo not New York, why did they chose Tokyo for BG?

But i want the Charger! happy.gif

Caine so will you make a fixed camera and fixed wheel versions of your cars? Told you, you don't have to worry about if they roll over in corner, cuz I can fix it with a handling smile.gif

Hey guys,

I've got a problem. I've downloaded AMBULANCE_V1.6X_1 (non ELS) from GTAPolice site and its showing fine in my game. But I wanted to change the skin to FDLC (also downloaded from GTAPolice) and whenever I change the paintjob with sparkIV and go into the game, the Ambulance resets its skin to the default one (with blue letters etc.).

How can I change the skin and make it stay?

Cheers.

EduardKoeleJuck
Hey guys,

I've got a problem. I've downloaded AMBULANCE_V1.6X_1 (non ELS) from GTAPolice site and its showing fine in my game. But I wanted to change the skin to FDLC (also downloaded from GTAPolice) and whenever I change the paintjob with sparkIV and go into the game, the Ambulance resets its skin to the default one (with blue letters etc.).

Cheers.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but did you press save and close after you imported it? And then saved it again?

Yes, I did friend. Save and Close with the textures, save the whole vehicles.img thing, tried to rebuild the archive and save etc. It always reverts to the default skin.

EduardKoeleJuck

Yes, I did friend. Save and Close with the textures, save the whole vehicles.img thing, tried to rebuild the archive and save etc. It always reverts to the default skin.

That's weird confused.gif...

Did you tried to remove the Read-Only thingy?

So you imported the new texture, saved it and rebuilt the archive. Did you replace the vehicles.img in the Rockstar Games folder?

And BTW my FDLC Charger texture is not for download yet.

Yes, read-only thing from vehicles.img is unchecked. Still the same.

I don't know if this matters but I've got the latest (1.0.0.4) patch with FILE CHECK FIX and asi loader.

I remember that long time ago I had no problems with changing the skins. I'm really confused to why this is happening. smile.gif

mr_helm, I did not replace the vehicles.img.

So after you rebuild your vehicles.img you MUST replace your file in your C:\......\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages otherwise the texture wont change. Hope I helped!

Thanks for the answer mr_helm, but I don't quite understand, I'm afraid. Please, don't get mad biggrin.gif

I changed the paintjob of the ambulance in Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img, saved and rebuilt the archive. Now, how (or with what) am I supposed to replace the vehicles.img?

Cheers

This may sound confusing but this is how I change my textures. I copid the vehicles.img from \Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages into a new folder on my desktop. from there I opened Spark IV loaded the vehicles.img (from the new folder), then I replaced which ever files I desired. Then I rebuilt the archive. Next I went into the New Folder copied the vehicles.img then went to \Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages and pasted the modified vehicles.img over the old one.

EDIT: Well, I'm happy to say that I did what you wrote and it works! I have no idea why replacing the vehicles.img makes it work but it does. blush.gif

Very big thank you. colgate.gif

Cheers.

Edited by Cylon
Hey guys,

Cheers.

Did you save the texture file? Did you hit save and then rebuild in the vehicles.img in SparkIV?

So after you rebuild your vehicles.img  you MUST replace your file in your  C:\......\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages otherwise the texture wont change. Hope I helped!

You dont have to replace anything. Just open vehicles.img -> anycar.wtd with the Edit button above, then import the paintjob file, Save and Close, Rebuild, Save. That's all.

Edited by NYPD 55

Chasez has released his Crown Victoria. Perhaps we will soon get Caine's one with ELS? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To Caine: Suggestion for your release: Red-blue LED lightbar biggrin.gif Again for my SPVQ collection smile.gif

UPDATE

- CVPI TEXTURE PACK UPDATE-01 RELEASED.

- CVPI V1.7V RELEASED.

- Non-ELS version (one will be released in the future).

- Custom dirt visuals.

- Fully customizable main texture.

- Model by Schaefft, converted to and modified for GTAIV by chasez.

- CVPI version modified by Lt.Caine (Luxart) with permission.

- Push rod, rims, and antennas by BxBugs123.

- Special thank you to Schaefft, chasez, BxBugs123, and everyone for their continued support.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Lt.Caine

Thanks for that quick update Caine!

Forgot to mention- anyone looking to download my FDLC Charger Texture, it will be released in a couple of days. Just a few more things that I want to finish with it then it will be up for you to use!