4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Guanxi

"[email protected]*#! Yusuf Amir"

Guanxi

This is largely all speculation but I think it is quite possible that Playboy X, and Yusuf Amir will appear in BoGT.

There's no mistaking that Playboy lacked a certain 'business savvy'. Sure, he was a young inner city street kid who had ambitions of doing great things but largely for his own selfish reasons. He was arrogant and ignorant, at times unintelligible and he turned on both Dwayne and Niko given the chance throughout the course of event of GTA IV and I'm sure Yusuf Amir didn't take him too seriously on their chance encounter.

For anyone who doesn't remember Yusuf, that's because he never directly appeared in GTA IV. He is one of the worlds leading property magnates from Dubai (Africa, apparently) who was looking to start a new high rise development in Liberty City, who for whatever reason happened to have crossed paths with Playboy, who in turn attempted to coerce Yusuf into a business relationship by thinking it was a good idea to have Niko assassinate a mob controlled building site on his behalf in "Deconstruction for Beginners", which leaves a lot of unanswered questions at least to my mind. Apparently Yusuf Amir later built a memorial for the workers who died in "accidents" (possibly) across the city.

My immediate thoughts are that Playboy as a fellow Northwood resident who apparently has connections all over the city - it's quite possible to foresee a number of scenarios in which the two could play into Luis's story:

1) Yusuf Amir is just an ordinary straight-laced businessman who has never met nor heard of Playboy until confronted with him on the phone and is then horrified by what Playboy has done in his name using Niko and Luis as surrogates.

2) Yusuf Amir actually is a shadowy character after-all who genuinely enters into a business relationship with Playboy (either seen or head or simply referred to); but as it soon becomes apparent that Playboy is an idiot and a loose cannon he blows him off (not like that) for Luis, who is much more capable set of hands.

3) Playboy X may simply provide an entirely unrelated mission strand for Luis.

4) Playboy X doesn't make an appearance. Yusuf Amir started receiving death threats from the mob after Niko's little escapade. He created the memorial as a truce offering but to no avail and he subsequently hires Luis (a known professional bodyguard) to serve as his protection over the course of mission strand before he can go home.

Feel free to share your ideas and comments.

Lavalization

i figured luis would start off just after playboy / dwayne gets killed off so maybe this dlc tells us the one that was like supposed to get killed

if not you got a good idea there

Rucke

I hope he will appear. I always wanted to see what he looked like, and was very disappointed when he didn't appear in person in GTA IV.

destructoBoi420

Playboy X will not be in this because in Niko's story you have a choice to kill him or Dwayne and i always killed him because you get the awsome safehouse, but i think Luis' story will start after Niko kills Playboy or Dwayne so unless it starts before that and Luis does missions for him but then for some reason stops working for him before Playboy even meets Niko, I dont think we'll be seing Playboy X, but maybe that Yursf Amir guy

buffalosoulj4h20

That doesn't mean that X won't appear, he could just appear before the Holland Play as either a quick cameo or an employer like Elizabeta in TLAD.

Guanxi

Playboy X will not be in this because in Niko's story you have a choice to kill him or Dwayne and i always killed him because you get the awsome safehouse, but i think Luis' story will start after Niko kills Playboy or Dwayne so unless it starts before that and Luis does missions for him but then for some reason stops working for him before Playboy even meets Niko, I dont think we'll be seing Playboy X, but maybe that Yursf Amir guy

BoGT takes place presumably before, during and some time there-after Niko's tenure with Playboy X and Dwayne during the events of GTA IV, in fact the whole purpose of these episodes including TLAD is to add color and texture to the wild tapestry of sub-plots commonly referred to as Grand Theft Auto IV.

Edit: That's like saying that because Elizabeta went to prison midway through GTA IV that she couldn't appear in TLAD which is absolutely false. She did of course because it made sense chronologically.

Edited by Guanxi

XZGamer71

Yeah, make when PBX heard Niko was making the discision or something, he says to Luis he's gonna be disapearing for a while. However maybe Luis goes to his Apartment to see a note, i don't know. Perhaps as you said, he could work as a Bodyguard for Yusuf, a close personal friend of Tonys, recommendations maybe. Hence making sure he does not appear after The Holland Play.

ChrisMathers3501

If we DO see Playboy, I don't think he'll even last as long as Jason did in TLAD.

OG360

what if the game starts with a scene of Luis driving around and then he turns and sees niko chasing playboy x, that be cool! or sees johnny driving around with clay and terry cool.gif YEAH thats sounds awesome!

XZGamer71
what if the game starts with a scene of Luis driving around and then he turns and sees niko chasing playboy x, that be cool! or sees johnny driving around with clay and terry cool.gif YEAH thats sounds awesome!

Yes that would be cool, however we need to acknowledge the fact we have a choice to kill either Dwayne or Playboy. If someone killed Dwayne, they'd be all like "What the hell? I thought i killed Dwayne, f*ck this game. I'm gonna go write a whole big fat rant to Rockstar, and put it all GTA Wiki." And, we wouldn't want that to happen.

ChrisMathers3501
what if the game starts with a scene of Luis driving around and then he turns and sees niko chasing playboy x, that be cool! or sees johnny driving around with clay and terry cool.gif  YEAH thats sounds awesome!

Yes that would be cool, however we need to acknowledge the fact we have a choice to kill either Dwayne or Playboy. If someone killed Dwayne, they'd be all like "What the hell? I thought i killed Dwayne, f*ck this game. I'm gonna go write a whole big fat rant to Rockstar, and put it all GTA Wiki." And, we wouldn't want that to happen.

They wouldn't like it but they're unfortunately free to whinge all they want. At least it would tie up a loose end.

The Gaming Nerd
If we DO see Playboy, I don't think he'll even last as long as Jason did in TLAD.

yeah but whats gonna happen when niko gets the choice to kill playboy or Dwayne.

The game wont be that advanced to connect to your other game save and see which choice you have chosen so me personally i think that playboy will be in it then maybe Luis and Playboy fall out and you never see him again. Then thats when he lives/dies

Just my idea

And if its wrong well then suicidal.gif

buffalosoulj4h20

X owned the Triangle Club with a hispanic gang, maybe thats the Northwood Dominican Gang.

OG360

i dont think playboy x would get along with gay tony, thats what i think

Sergi

This is largely all speculation but I think it is quite possible that Playboy X, and Yusuf Amir will appear in BoGT.

There's no mistaking that Playboy lacked a certain 'business savvy'. Sure, he was a young inner city street kid who had ambitions of doing great things but largely for his own selfish reasons. He was arrogant and ignorant, at times unintelligible and he turned on both Dwayne and Niko given the chance throughout the course of event of GTA IV and I'm sure Yusuf Amir didn't take him too seriously on their chance encounter.

For anyone who doesn't remember Yusuf, that's because he never directly appeared in GTA IV. He is one of the worlds leading property magnates from Dubai (Africa, apparently) who was looking to start a new high rise development in Liberty City, who for whatever reason happened to have crossed paths with Playboy, who in turn attempted to coerce Yusuf into a business relationship by thinking it was a good idea to have Niko assassinate a mob controlled building site on his behalf in "Deconstruction for Beginners", which leaves a lot of unanswered questions at least to my mind. Apparently Yusuf Amir later built a memorial for the workers who died in "accidents" (possibly) across the city.

My immediate thoughts are that Playboy as a fellow Northwood resident who apparently has connections all over the city - it's quite possible to foresee a number of scenarios in which the two could play into Luis's story:

1) Yusuf Amir is just an ordinary straight-laced businessman who has never met nor heard of Playboy until confronted with him on the phone and is then horrified by what Playboy has done in his name using Niko and Luis as surrogates.

2) Yusuf Amir actually is a shadowy character after-all who genuinely enters into a business relationship with Playboy (either seen or head or simply referred to); but as it soon becomes apparent that Playboy is an idiot and a loose cannon he blows him off (not like that) for Luis, who is much more capable set of hands.

3) Playboy X may simply provide an entirely unrelated mission strand for Luis.

4) Playboy X doesn't make an appearance. Yusuf Amir started receiving death threats from the mob after Niko's little escapade. He created the memorial as a truce offering but to no avail and he subsequently hires Luis (a known professional bodyguard) to serve as his protection over the course of mission strand before he can go home.

Feel free to share your ideas and comments.

How did he lack a business savvy exactly? Playboy X was far from ignorant or unintelligible. He had large ambitions far beyond the drug game and was doing alot of big things. Playboy is the example of the modern drug pushers. Trying to put their money in all sorts of places so in turn they can make even more money and also not be just tied down to just the drug trade. Dwayne represented a dated approach to the drug game and not a modern look. Playboy was selfish but he wasn't an idiot either. Dwayne wanted to step back on the scene which was very dumb. He did 15 years in the feds not to mention he was a high level drug trafficker and when high level targets get out of prison they will have survailance on them for at least a year or more to a certain degree just to see if they'll get caught slipping. Playboy couldn't allow that because it would cause trouble for the entire organizaition that's why he distanced himself from Dwayne. What he did was business nothing more and nothing less. So he really didn't betray Niko or Dwayne. Dwayne's outdated mind was what casued them tensions. Playboy was in business with the Dominicans who operated the Triangle. Dwayne murdered partners of Playboy which was a dumb decision he made because he felt Playboy was ignoring him.

Anyways I think scenario 2 is the most logical although not to the extent you said it. It's quite evident you didn't understand Playboy and his goals as well as many others have but I think Amir just saw that what went down was bad for business 1 way or another and not strictly because of Playboy. Playboy did what he did as a "favor" and maybe Amir didn't know to the extent what he was doing but it wasn't because he was a loose cannon or an idiot but he just simply saw that as the only real way to get past the Mafia goons and in turn get Amir his contracts without having to deal with the extortion. Once Amir saw what happened as well as the Mafia trying to extort Amir on the contracts in the 1st place, he saw that it was to high profile and just decided to cave into the Mafia extortion. Playoby had large goals and enough heart, smarts, and it seems resources to back them up as well as a personal perspective on things and how to get "business" done but I think he was just possibly to young and not fully prepared. He was what 23 or 24 in IV? I think if Playboy didn't die as I really don't know which choice was canon but I think if he still lived then he probably would be getting closer to his goals in the next 5 years or so.

Edited by Sergi

blahblah1212

I don't think it would be THAT hard for TBoGT to look back at the save file (probably the one closest to the top of the list) and see who you killed. And if you didn't get that far or even play it, it could randomly choose Dwayne or Playboy X.

Guanxi

I really don't see the argument some of you are making with the Holland Play.

Yes, the first time Luis appears in GTA IV is in Three Leaf Clover which is sometime after The Holland Play; but why then make the assumption that Three Leaf Clover is at the beginning of BoGT in the first place?

It seems as likely that Luis starts out as dirt broke as Niko up in Northwood as an NDDD affiliate. They take over the triangle club over in Bohan cutting a deal with Playboy X. Luis then does a couple of missions for PBX (2/3 going on TLAD) before the Holland play ever happens and it makes no difference whether you killed Playboy or Dwayne.

Edit:

How did he lack a business savvy exactly? Playboy X was far from ignorant or unintelligible. He had large ambitions far beyond the drug game and was doing alot of big things. Playboy is the example of the modern drug pushers. Trying to put their money in all sorts of places so in turn they can make even more money and also not be just tied down to just the drug trade. Dwayne represented a dated approach to the drug game and not a modern look. Playboy was selfish but he wasn't an idiot either. Dwayne wanted to step back on the scene which was very dumb. He did 15 years in the feds not to mention he was a high level drug trafficker and when high level targets get out of prison they will have survailance on them for at least a year or more to a certain degree just to see if they'll get caught slipping. Playboy couldn't allow that because it would cause trouble for the entire organizaition that's why he distanced himself from Dwayne. What he did was business nothing more and nothing less. So he really didn't betray Niko or Dwayne. Dwayne's outdated mind was what casued them tensions. Playboy was in business with the Dominicans who operated the Triangle. Dwayne murdered partners of Playboy which was a dumb decision he made because he felt Playboy was ignoring him.

I don't doubt that Playboy had street smarts in order to sell drugs but nothing more at the end of the day. Every crack dealer since Harry-O has spewed some nonsensical ideas above their station about going legitimate. The problem is the crack game is the only game they know how to play.

I think the message R* were trying to get across with the whole Playboy/Dwayne sub-plot is that for all his jazz and high talk playboy and dwayne were basically the same and the game never really changes. Dwayne was playboy's future.

Edited by Guanxi

destructoBoi420

that was my point exactly, if we do see X in BOGT, it will have to be before Holland Play.

Sergi

I really don't see the argument some of you are making with the Holland Play.

Yes, the first time Luis appears in GTA IV is in Three Leaf Clover which is sometime after The Holland Play; but why then make the assumption that Three Leaf Clover is at the beginning of BoGT in the first place?

It seems as likely that Luis starts out as dirt broke as Niko up in Northwood as an NDDD affiliate. They take over the triangle club over in Bohan cutting a deal with Playboy X. Luis then does a couple of missions for PBX (2/3 going on TLAD) before the Holland play ever happens and it makes no difference whether you killed Playboy or Dwayne.

Edit:

I don't doubt that Playboy had street smarts in order to sell drugs but nothing more at the end of the day. Every crack dealer since Harry-O has spewed some nonsensical ideas above their station about going legitimate. The problem is the crack game is the only game they know how to play.

I think the message R* were trying to get across with the whole Playboy/Dwayne sub-plot is that for all his jazz and high talk playboy and dwayne were basically the same and the game never really changes. Dwayne was playboy's future.

I have no idea how you got that nonsense. There's been numerous drug dealers who have been able to put there money in various places and Harry O is not even worth mentioning and even he was able to put his money in numerous places. Once you're start off that life it's very hard to leave it but you can put up a legit front and spread your money out. Freeway Ricky Ross, Frank Lucas, Nicky Barnes, Kenneth McGriff, Larry Hoover and many more examples. A more recent example is the Black Mafia Family organization. They had a nationwide cocaine operation and were making huge amounts of money yearly. They had BMF Entertainment and that was there downfall. People were broadcasting to much and the DEA was able to infiltrate and once that happens snitches pop up out the ground. Jacob the Jeweler is a famous jeweler and he was charged with laundering over $250 million for the organization. Dwayne and Playboy were nothing alike at all. Playboy is the modern drug dealer who wants to be flashy and just all about money while Dwayne is the extinct model of drug dealer. Does it for respect and has outdated views. He was locked up in the feds for 15 years so that was a given. Point given Playboy was heading the organization in the right direction while Dwayne was doing all the wrong things. The game never changes it just adapts to the times and that's exactly what Playboy was. There's no drastic makeovers for the drug industry. It's a $400 billion a year worldwide market because it's never changed it's just been able to adapt to the times.

Dwayne was bad for business. Forget that fact he was mentally and emotionally unstable but he proved over and over through missions and taking him out to places he wasn't able to run an organization in the modern age and he wasn't fit to either. Out of prison for a few days and he orders 3 hits with 1 being optional. What kind of idiot would really be doing that much after just serving 15 years and the feds are sure to be watching you? Then he brought Playboy putting a hit on him on to himself. He murdered 3 valuable partners to the North Holland Hustlers all because Playboy wasn't paying him enough attention. That was an idiot move for 2 reasons. 1 he could have easily had a war started between to Dominicans from Northwood and the NHH because of that dumb move and he could have not only brought attention to the organization but they could have lost alot of money. He made moves off emotions which is never good for any business legitimate or illicit. If IV took place in the 1980s or early 1990s then Dwayne would fit right in but in the modern age he's just somebody who you'd probably want to distance yourself from.

I can almost bet 1 of 3 things happened to NHH after Playboy died if that was the canon choice. The organization completely fell apart either by wars or unwanted attention from the feds. The organization split between who was loyal to X and who was the Dwayne or Dwayne was either killed or arrested again and I'd pick the last choice. Playboy had connects Dwayne didn't. Not to mention most people who were running with NHH were more then likely used to X as the men who ran with Dwayne in the 90s were probably either dead, in jail or out the game so the majority of the loyalty factor would more then likely be with X.

Edited by Sergi

FearTheLiving

I forget was the mission where you see Luis on LaD before or after Holland Nights? I think it was after Holland Nights because that was when the set up for the Museum was taking place with Niko and Johnny (Johnny dropping off the diamonds in the trash, then Niko picking them up as a trash man).

Guanxi
I forget was the mission where you see Luis on LaD before or after Holland Nights? I think it was after Holland Nights because that was when the set up for the Museum was taking place with Niko and Johnny (Johnny dropping off the diamonds in the trash, then Niko picking them up as a trash man).

Is there a link between "Holland Nights" (Clarence, Francis) and "Diamonds In the Rough", "Taking in the Trash" etc? I'm not sure I follow.

It'd be pretty had to pinpoint exactly what Johnny was doing while Niko was doing holland nights for Francis, but during GTA IV's chronology (shared by TLAD & BoGT) holland nights is set set quite some time before diamonds in the rough/taking in the trash.

Clarence's outfit are located in East Holland, but NDDD and Playboy are both coincidentally based in Northwood and likely to be rivals. He might figure in BoGT you never know, but if anything he'd likely figure antagonistically.