1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

notspectre

[IV|WIP] LCPD First Response

.Trooper.

So hows the cuffing and cop speech going? colgate.gif

notspectre

Basically, you walk up to the guy, do ALT+C and then do a cuffing animation, which doesn't work quite like it should, the anim moves the player back for some seriously retarded reason, meaning theres a little gap, between the subject and player. I've added it so that sometimes they will resist arrest, sometimes they will comply and sometimes they will leg it. Once you arrest them, an inmate transport van will come and take em away to Alderney Pen.

Cop speech is well, sexy. Dont want to give toooo much away, but em. Press 3 to take out your gun, and your char may shout "And out comes Rosco"

manu90mala
Basically, you walk up to the guy, do ALT+C and then do a cuffing animation, which doesn't work quite like it should, the anim moves the player back for some seriously retarded reason, meaning theres a little gap, between the subject and player. I've added it so that sometimes they will resist arrest, sometimes they will comply and sometimes they will leg it. Once you arrest them, an inmate transport van will come and take em away to Alderney Pen.

Cop speech is well, sexy. Dont want to give toooo much away, but em. Press 3 to take out your gun, and your char may shout "And out comes Rosco"

amazing cool.gif

i was thinking to play the mode with the original niko model (with cop skin)..will it be possible at least by changing the model with a trainer?

notspectre

Why play as Niko, when you can play as a cop with cop speech and a sexy uniform?

.Trooper.

LOL Nice... So we are just waiting on the retarded cuffing and its ready to go?

Im here if you need any testers cool.gif Im kind of waiting on this mod since I dont play IV anymore (it gets old)

Edited by .Trooper.

HippieCommunist

Why play as Niko, when you can play as a cop with cop speech and a sexy uniform?

coz any other model makes the game crash??

*edit - nevermind... if its fixed sigh.gif

Edited by HippieCommunist

.Trooper.

I'm keeping the cop models as the on duty skin.  I just vigorously tested the model and it works fine with the speech and when you go off duty and back to the player skin.  I've had no crashes with helmets on bikes etc etc.  Everything seems fine.

If you take his word for it. It wont crash.

Symbiote

lol.gif That's hilarious.

HiddenT
Once you arrest them, an inmate transport van will come and take em away to Alderney Pen.

Will we be able to transport criminals to jail? or to police station? Also! Lets say I'm driving around patrolling the area and I see a npc crash into a car, or speed, or I just want to pull them over, and I turn my sirens on will they sometimes pull over? or is there a way you can make them pull over and not drive away? and everyonce in a while they run?

notspectre

Once you arrest them, an inmate transport van will come and take em away to Alderney Pen.

Will we be able to transport criminals to jail? or to police station? Also! Lets say I'm driving around patrolling the area and I see a npc crash into a car, or speed, or I just want to pull them over, and I turn my sirens on will they sometimes pull over? or is there a way you can make them pull over and not drive away? and everyonce in a while they run?

It probably could be done, but not in the beta.

For the beta if you arrest someone, another cop will come and cart em away.

UPDATE:

Got the lights working without sirens. Theres no native to do it, so I had to use a different method, which looks very cool and very odd at the same time tounge.gif

Edited by Mr. Mysterious

NMDanny

is there only one skin for police? i mean there is in GTA IV : cops with hats, coats, jackets, every city have different cops, and there is also swat fbi swat pilot etc..

so we can use different cop skins?

Officer Hykal

Nice man , hey do they sell books that teach u how to do all this stuff ? Im very Interested man hahah . like start from Basic then step by step ?

notspectre

is there only one skin for police? i mean there is in GTA IV : cops with hats, coats, jackets, every city have different cops, and there is also swat fbi swat pilot etc..

so we can use different cop skins?

You get the model "M_Y_COP" and with that theres a variety of "components", so its pretty random.

I.e you could have a black cop with a jacket, a white cop with a trench coat or a white cop with a shirt etc etc etc

Nice man , hey do they sell books that teach u how to do all this stuff ? Im very Interested man hahah . like start from Basic then step by step ?

Well I learned the basics of Visual Basic in school. This is my first time coding for IV so I've pretty much taught myself as I've gone along by looking at the example scripts and by trial and error.

Edited by Mr. Mysterious

own2pwn2pwnage

Do you know when the beta is going to be done? Take your time, im just anxious. biggrin.gif

HiddenT

Will we be able to pull over random ped? and will they stop?

In one of the first missions in single player they have it so you pull over vans looking for tv's. Is somthing like this going to be in mod? like will I be able to pull people over anybody and mabye search there car? I know you can pull people over but they only stay there for like 3-5 seconds then start driving away. I know in the one script there is a way to freeze closest peds and cars mabye that can help? If this in already my bad and even if isnt still amazing job!

notspectre
Do you know when the beta is going to be done? Take your time, im just anxious. biggrin.gif

I hope to have it done by next Sunday.

Might post some screens or a trailer 3 before that.

own2pwn2pwnage

I hope to have it done by next Sunday.

Might post some screens or a trailer 3 before that.

Cool! Can't wait. colgate.gif

notspectre

Just added a pretty cool first aid system (or whatever you want to call it - magic revival maybe) basically what it does it will get the nearest "injured" (dead but not quite dead - you know like doing the little pain anims on the ground and shouting "CALL ME A MEDIC IM DYING HERE") person and makes you do the medic cpr anim, and call an ambulance. Then when it arrives they magically teleport inside it! (modern technology at its finest) Then it carts them away.

Idk why, but after having to kill a suspect during testing and not being able to give first aid (like some cops in real life might) i felt guilty and because those pesky ambulances really do suck, i decided I had to do something about it.

In other news - I've completed the arresting. Yay.

PGoD

Yah, thanks for the news wink.gif

own2pwn2pwnage

Just added a pretty cool first aid system (or whatever you want to call it - magic revival maybe)  basically what it does it will get the nearest "injured" (dead but not quite dead - you know like doing the little pain anims on the ground and shouting "CALL ME A MEDIC IM DYING HERE") person and makes you do the medic cpr anim, and call an ambulance.  Then when it arrives they magically teleport inside it! (modern technology at its finest)  Then it carts them away.

Idk why, but after having to kill a suspect during testing and not being able to give first aid (like some cops in real life might) i felt guilty and because those pesky ambulances really do suck, i decided I had to do something about it.

In other news - I've completed the arresting.  Yay.

Finally! I felt so bad for them when a drunk driver Hit them(Whoops, sorry) and they just lied there yelling help me! The ambulance comes by, checks him, and drives away. He is still there moving lol. Amubulances are dumb. biggrin.gif

.Trooper.

Very nice progress mysterious icon14.gif

notspectre

Edited by Mr. Mysterious

ronxs

your last vid is awsome can u post a list with the computer options?

and the flash lights without siren is working?

Edited by ronxs

notspectre

The computer is just for show atm tounge.gif

Centrios

This is amazing biggrin.gif Good job! Can't wait smile.gif

XXLpeanuts

Immense man!!!!!!!!!!!

PGoD

Yah, that's so cool!!! Great job man!

kulikas

One of the best Gta iv Mods/scripts ever icon14.gif !!!Keep it up bro!

Cant wait for the release wink.gif

notspectre

I'm overwhelmed!

kulikas

I'm overwhelmed!

also..in the start of video i see the "hotkeys" that call backup,etc.but because i cant see them clearly could you list them for me?So i can get a taste of it and also getting used of this hotkeys because i am gonna play this mod for a very longgggg TIME