4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Customized GTA IV Cars

johncs154

hey, slayerrmagott

I have idea biggrin.gif, can make a dam on the carriage and maybe lightbar in the roof with els mod ?

what do you think? ;]

SLAYERMAGGOT

What you mean with "dam"?

Well the lightbar would be a cool idea, so i could make a tow truck version too. biggrin.gif

BTW i will makes various extras for the truck like a rusty car, body bags and other stuff on the truck bed. icon14.gif

At all i will make 3 versions: Normal Truck, Towtruck and old rusty scrapped one. smile.gif

I got great help by xSiSt, so the truck have good progress. icon14.gif

What you mean with "dam"?

Well the lightbar would be a cool idea, so i could make a tow truck version too. biggrin.gif

BTW i will makes various extras for the truck like a rusty car, body bags and other stuff on the truck bed. icon14.gif

At all i will make 3 versions: Normal Truck, Towtruck and old rusty scrapped one. smile.gif

I got great help by xSiSt, so the truck have good progress. icon14.gif

sorry my english is very bad ;p

SLAYERMAGGOT

After hours of work, i finally got the Yankee "Flatbed" ingame.

For now it features just one extra, a scrapped car, the handling is also tweaked.

Like you can see on the screens, the Yankee features some cool colour palettes.

Many thanks to MasterW for his Custom Carcols Reference Topic and xsisT for help.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Download:

Download @gtaivcars.com

Download available on GTA Garage soon! wink.gif

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT
SLAYERMAGGOT

I'll release the Yankee "Flatbed" as pack including normal version, Tow Truck & rusty version. It's coming, just be patience. wink.gif

The rusty car is a scrapped Peyote, it can be found in "data-maps-props-roadside-rubbish.img-cj_wreck_2.wdr

Cool work, WpeRek & pecet93, the paintjob gives the car the extra candy. smile.gif

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

I'll release the Yankee "Flatbed" as pack including normal version, Tow Truck & rusty version. It's coming, just be patience. wink.gif

Cool work, WpeRek & pecet93, the paintjob gives the car the extra candy. smile.gif

I have Idea for your tow truck.

see this image:

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/569517

I mean you did this extra part of what is in the image.

that car does not fall

you understand me ?? biggrin.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT

That's a pretty good idea, a functional ramp would be pretty ace, i think it would be possible with an script and a custom anim.

However i don't have any experience in scripting, but may i can ask one of the scripters on gtaforums. smile.gif

That's a pretty good idea, a functional ramp would be pretty ace, i think it would be possible with an script and a custom anim.

However i don't have any experience in scripting, but may i can ask one of the scripters on gtaforums. smile.gif

then would the real tow truck.

try to do something with this script ;]

SLAYERMAGGOT

That's no reason to get mad. whatsthat.gif

Well it looks like a cool dirtbike, but not really much have been changed or am i wrong?

EduardKoeleJuck

Don't flame, dude.

The quality is okay, but personally, I don't find a Sanchez without light special. Do some cool custom cars!

@SLAYERMAGGOT: OMG! I'm in love with it. But it need some more cool extras. Ideas, anybody? Maybe some ammunition crates, or explosive barrels?

SLAYERMAGGOT

Here's a little video. biggrin.gif

@Ed: Thanks so much, my ideas for extras would be body bags (i don't know if it's ok), a crane & ramp for cars (tow truck version), knifes on the rims, mg's on the roof (shold be functional), a huge saw, trees, barrels (beer barrels for example tounge.gif).

I guess that would be enough, i don't think so much extras are possible.

I'll realize the best ones, everyone can make a suggestion icon14.gif

SlayerMaggot, maybe add some chains to that peyote, so it doesn't looks unrealistic when it doesn't falls off on collision?

Wperek, that's goddamn awesome.

johncs154

@ Nima_1i: Yes the Dub Editions driver side window is pretty opaque sorry about that i fixed that and all windows will be tinted and transparent on newer cars. Also the reason for the 2 seperate cars is because there wasnt enough extras to accommodate for have both side exhaust and rear exhaust in one .wft

@ WpeRek: For some reason some of the screens you post on pokazywarka.pl/ their pages don't load at all.

@ Kowaah: I think he meant that seeing Slayermaggots truck it inspired him to do a Flatbed of his own.

The Flatbeds are a good idea, the packer in IV sucks and it doesn't really tow or carry anything with it maybe the trucks could use an animation for the bed and really transport vehicles.

@ Nima_1i: Yes the Dub Editions driver side window is pretty opaque sorry about that i fixed that and all windows will be tinted and transparent on newer cars. Also the reason for the 2 seperate cars is because there wasnt enough extras to accommodate for have both side exhaust and rear exhaust in one .wft

@ WpeRek: For some reason some of the screens you post on pokazywarka.pl/ their pages don't load at all.

@ Kowaah: I think he meant that seeing Slayermaggots truck it inspired him to do a Flatbed of his own.

The Flatbeds are a good idea, the packer in IV sucks and it doesn't really tow or carry anything with it maybe the trucks could use an animation for the bed and really transport vehicles.

exactly.

ok, I threw on another server.

NOONE NOTICED MY MOTHERf*ckING SANCHEZ?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?! f*ck YALL!!!!! mad.gif

Sigh, you haven't been using gtaforums much have you?

Don't expect comments when you post stuff, I just post for a personal log of progress.

SLAYERMAGGOT

@Kowaah: Good idea, that would add some more realism.

@WpeRek: Wow this looks nice, do you spawned and placed your vigero on the flatbed or is it a extra from your linerunner mod?

That's pretty good, ONLY - if you made the closed ramp to be collidable, then how car will be able to drive up into bed?

SLAYERMAGGOT

Cool work, WpeRek wink.gif

BTW i've got some time to work on the tow truck version of my Yankee Flatbed. smile.gif

user posted image

It's still very WIP. The siren will be remade as well i'll add towhook and other details. icon14.gif

Kowaah, sorry I don.t understand you. ;/

SLAYERMAGGOT,siren and towhook will work ?

btw, I like the window, good idea. ;]

Mythbuster

Guys i might have a pretty awesome idea(or ideas tounge.gif)... I looked through the whole topic, and I saw some AWESOME stuff!

Now..

1st: It's a real pity the Gang Burrito never got finished properly.. Someone should (re-)do it and make it as much like the TLaD Gang Burrito as possible, except not that dirty/rusty and with no decals... That would be awesome.. MAYBE even an optional 2nd carcolor in the place of the The A-team van red stripe.. Optional, as in, it can also spawn with only 1 color...

Then i got another idea: Someone might want to make one of the 'wrecked cars' that you find all around the map, drivable.. I saw someone sticked a wrecked Peyote on the back of a Flatbad, so it's possible to import the models in Zmodeler tounge.gif...

A long while ago, i saw someone doing this for San Andreas with one of the SA car wrecks.. But now, the wrecks are a hell of a lot more realistisc.

Just add an engine(if there ain't any rusty engine in it already), put broken glass into windows and lights(like, shattered glass textures and sharp glass bits sticking out(Like the frontlight of the rusty Emperor))... Add some wobbly wheels, maybe remove one bodypart like on the broken down Blista Compact(that one has no front bumper).. Add some old seats from the rusty Vigero/Sabre/Emperor,.. And that's about all.. Just keep all the dented panels tounge.gif It would be look like you drove it straight out of a swamp or something.

These cars are found under: PC/Data/Maps/Props/roadside/rubbish.img/CJ_wreck_1 through 9. Carparts @ BM_new_bonnet and under that and BM_rub_battery and a bit under that.

Then i got another thing.. In one of the chopshops, there is a car, I think a Cadillac based car, somewhat like an Emperor/Buccaneer or something.. And it is not found drivable in the game (duh). It's probably a 2-door car, and it's badass. It is called ec_chop_car4 in Native Trainer @ objects menu. If I remember correctly, part of the car has a cover on top of it. It's a really nice car, but they didn't put it ingame! Someone should tounge.gif I might start working on this tonight, I really like that car! smile.gif

They are found at PC/Data/Maps/Props/residential/details.img/ec_chop_car1 through 4... I'm going to open them in a second tounge.gif

EDIT: Got the car.

Here's a pic.

user posted image

4th: Maybe someone should do like a Slamvan, from TLaD of course.. But that's a bit too much work biggrin.gif

Edited by Mythbuster
SLAYERMAGGOT

1. Well that's my project and i will finish it, however i don't plan to make it like the TLAD one.

2. Well the idea isn't bad, but those wrecked cars are really low poly cars which missing parts like doors, boots, bonnets etc.

But i might give can give it a try. tounge.gif

The rubbish.img contains lots of interesting stuff btw. biggrin.gif

I knew already about that covered car, it looks pretty cool smile.gif

There was another wrecked car hidden somewhere which isn't ingame as well, forgot it's filename sadly.

Mythbuster

You mean the car that looks like the GTA SA Elegant? I found it a few minutes ago tounge.gif

It's at: PC/Data/Maps/Interiors/Generics/Indust_1/ind1_brc_wreck.wdr...

And it doesn't have.. well.. anything.. It's only the bodyshell, no doors, no hood, no trunk, no nothing tounge.gif I don't think anyone can still make that a normal car, it misses too many parts I guess.. And it's as low poly as it could ever be tounge.gif

I think the Admiral one can be repaired(only rear bumper and right side doors), most of the van wrecks can I think, the Rancher wreck has most of it's parts still there. The Voodoo wreck is only missing one wing(which would only make a wreck-mod of it better) and it's front bumper. Blista misses it's whole front end and right door.. Front end only makes it cooler tounge.gif Just adding one bar at front and you got a perfect bodyshell...

Edited by Mythbuster