4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Customized GTA IV Cars

johncs154

Drunk Russian 9
@ Drunk Russian 9: A simple change can make any car look different. The rims you chose look a lot better IMO. You want to scale down the rim so you see more tire or the whole wheel?

The whole wheel. I've been trying everything from scaling the actual wheel to changing values in vehicles.ide. I just can't figure it out.

okay the vehicles.ide (wheel radius) wont change anything noticeable on the car unless the wheel is flat. only then is where the front and rear radius come into play. Those number are important because its to high and the wheel is flat the cars rim will be floating and if the number is too low the rim will disappear. Its best to change the line after your done scaling the wheel down..

To change the wheels size open your car in zmod just click modify>scale. Using right or left view click & hold what you want to scale then move the mouse up or down. The size should change. Once that's done you MUST change all the wheel collision files ( [COL]'s) or else the cars wheels will float off the ground flat or not. Make them about the same size as wheelmesh_lf.

Drunk Russian 9

okay the vehicles.ide (wheel radius)  wont change anything noticeable on the car unless the wheel is flat. only then is where the front and rear radius come into play. Those number are important because its to high and the wheel is flat the cars rim will be floating and if the number is too low the rim will disappear. Its best to change the line after your done scaling the wheel down..

To change the wheels size open your car in zmod just click modify>scale. Using right or left view click & hold what you want to scale then move the mouse up or down. The size should change. Once that's done you MUST change all the wheel collision files ( [COL]'s) or else the cars wheels will float off the ground flat or not. Make them about the same size as wheelmesh_lf.

I know how to scale, and I tried your method before. The size of the wheel in Zmod does not affect how it looks ingame.

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it. Seems to be the issue was that I didn't reset the axis to world.

Anyone know how to generate negative wheel camber?

Edited by Drunk Russian 9

Oh Yea I forgot to mention to reset the axis of the wheel sorry. That gave me a lot of problems in the past because I didn't know what was happening. But Now I must ask you something.. What do yo mean by generate negative wheel chamber?

Drunk Russian 9
Oh Yea I forgot to mention to reset the axis of the wheel sorry. That gave me a lot of problems in the past because I didn't know what was happening. But Now I must ask you something.. What do yo mean by generate negative wheel chamber?

user posted image

user posted image

oh okay have you tried rotating the whees dummies. Ive never tried to do that bust I'm sure rotating the dummy will achieve what you want.

Drunk Russian 9
oh okay have you tried rotating the whees dummies. Ive never tried to do that bust I'm sure rotating the dummy will achieve what you want.

Rotating them doesn't work. The wheels on the car become wobbly if you try it.

Trying to achieve negative camber through Zmodeler got me nothing but wobbly wheels too. The simplest way is to download GTAIV SIMPLE NATIVE TRAINER Version 5.2 (or above). It has a feature that always you to lower your car, giving it negative camber. It's what I used in that picture of my Stalion above.

Trying to achieve negative camber through Zmodeler got me nothing but wobbly wheels too. The simplest way is to download GTAIV  SIMPLE NATIVE TRAINER Version 5.2 (or above). It has a feature that always you to lower your car, giving it negative camber. It's what I used in that picture of my Stalion above.

Would it be possible to achieve that thorough the handling file? I can't try it since i ATM have problems with changes i do in it doesn't have any effect ingame. Probably since of the latest patch whatsthat.gif

Drunk Russian 9

Trying to achieve negative camber through Zmodeler got me nothing but wobbly wheels too. The simplest way is to download GTAIV  SIMPLE NATIVE TRAINER Version 5.2 (or above). It has a feature that always you to lower your car, giving it negative camber. It's what I used in that picture of my Stalion above.

What's the option called?

user posted image

That's as far as I got modifying both the model & handling line.

It's in car options its called lower car you just enable or disable it then right under it you can set the force. By the way when my car is lowered it makes this weird noise.

..GhosT
It's in car options its called lower car you just enable or disable it then right under it you can set the force. By the way when my car is lowered it makes this weird noise.

Yup, cuz the wheels are making the bumping sounds if u hit the ground, just as the axles.

The noise is really to bad. I wont use the option, cause the sound is just retarded.

Really? Odd. I don't get any noises notify.gif

EDIT: Scratch that, I just noticed it. I guess I just thought it was the city's ambience. I can deal with it.

Edited by McLeod63
Drunk Russian 9

Any ways to permanently produce inner camber? The trainer option is great for shots and all, but it distorts the handling . . .

What's the option called?

user posted image

That's as far as I got modifying both the model & handling line.

What lines did you edit to get this? Please tell me, the trainers thing is kinda bugging me. The sound i mean.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've only managed to get wobbly wheels, right? Because the rear wheel in that picture has positive camber, and that's the same thing that happened to me when I tried editing a vehicle in Zmodeler.

Drunk Russian 9

What lines did you edit to get this? Please tell me, the trainers thing is kinda bugging me. The sound i mean.

What I did was a trick from the SA days, which involved moving the wheel dummies + collision in the rear higher up, and putting .25 as the suspension bias in the handling file. The downside is the rear has positive camber..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've only managed to get wobbly wheels, right? Because the rear wheel in that picture has positive camber, and that's the same thing that happened to me when I tried editing a vehicle in Zmodeler.

The pic I showed was using this trick, not the wobbly wheels one.

How About making a Patriot Limo!!  (just an idea biggrin.gif )

That's already done.

Yea I know but... It is not a clean & bugless version .

hope the creator make it better or someone else make a better version. I myself dont know how to.

Hey xsisT, any info on that modified rancher in your sig?

Looks lurvly, I want.  smile.gif

Hey Blades thanks, ill post it in this thread tomorrow turn.gif

Damn, it still has the bug the original rancher has.

The front right corner seems to have way less ground clearance than the front left, some sort of collision file bug. It means it crashes into kerbs as if they were a brick wall sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey johncs154 !

I found a little bug in your dub edition buffalo. the front window is not semi transparent & i cant see the driver... apart from what i said this car is just great!! biggrin.gif

BTW i would be greatful If you put both versions of DUB buffalos (side exhaust & rear exhaust) in one car like the stock huntley sport.