4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Liberty City Racing League [360]

cutcho

I'll be there if it's still on....

As for the whole dirty driving thing, I think the best thing for this competition would be for all of us to use a little discretion.... it's a contest to show our driving skills and car capabilities, not see who can spend the whole race playing catchup... I do my best to drive clean and give everyone their space, but there are always gonna be cars running into each other no matter how clean everyone tries to be. There's absolutely nothing wrong with some bumpin and rubbin, just don't purposely spin guys out to gain a spot. You wouldn't like it if it were you... It sucks spending the whole race at the back and knowing there is no chance of a decent finish. The other night on Southern Switch I got caught up in the big one at the start and got back aways, and every lap after lap 2 I was getting a new personal best time (every lap, tounge2.gif ), but still finished a long time after first did. I like racing these races each week, because it's generally good clean fun racing, and its quite often hard to get into good racing like that on XBL because there are always the homos grieving.

On a side note, I was racing last night and noticed untitled in there with me... we had a lot of good racing and the two of us were in the top 2 or 3 spots pretty well every race, with quite a few 1-2 finishes icon14.gif good fun tounge2.gif

@Cutcho - What do you reccommend?

well i take it LeeLee862 won't be competing with flyUS Infernus for the remaining season so i guess there is an opening there, plus the Infernus is a great car aswell.

so if you want to join let me know and i'll update the teams asap.

i have had one of the biggest weekends of all time so my bad the availabilities haven't been updated!

and yes the race will still be going ahead at the same time icon14.gif

hope to see most of you guys on the black-top!

Cutcho: i dont suppose some of us could get a practice in could we? cause im not the best racer and infact i havent done much when it comes to racing at all in GTAIV

Cutcho: i dont suppose some of us could get a practice in could we? cause im not the best racer and infact i havent done much when it comes to racing at all in GTAIV

jump on 30 mins early and the guys are usually getting some warm-up laps in prior to the real deal.

and traditionally we take a single practice lap of the track before the real 8 lap event just to get a better understanding of the what to expect.

as for me finding time to jump on and have some practice, im pretty tied up at work but i might be on tonite when i get home, i can't promise anything though.

well i guess i'll see everyone in a couple of hours, all the best people. icon14.gif

Sorry cutcho but lm out for tonight

already have you down as a no deal Kinko icon14.gif

all sweet, maybe next week...

try to make as many as you can though...

Top 6 at the end of the season will compete in the finals, and your in the top 6 right now.

Here's the results:

user posted image

Good race guys. Nason was amazing this race. I don't know how he was keeping up in the Turismo notify.gif . Mind you, this track is hardly great for the Comet. Same time next week I guess I'll see ya icon14.gif .

terrible turn-out today... i guess i expected it though

Nason89, finished 2nd but found some good form on this track icon14.gif

Worst race i have competed in so far this season and it's my favorite track confused.gif

don't know what happened?

unfortunate incidences that i didn't create i copped the brunt of eg:

untitled27 spinning out in mid air bouncing off a barrier smashing into me making me spin out but his car is fine and facing the right direction and im on my roof! angry.gif

lol, unlucky i guess...

and another time my car bounced off a ped car over a barrier on the main free-way neally ending up in the airport. angry.gif

full of suprises traffic & lag!

but in all a pretty boring race at the back of the field, funniest thing i saw was in the practice lap when Tubbs hit a ped car flat out and spun out like crazy, it looked f*cken' awesome from where i was...

Details will be updated a little later, im a little busy today... but i promise it'll get done icon14.gif

Thanks to all the guys that showed up, please tell me that there will be more numbers next week?

at least i hope so.

Thanks for the pic D Games Guru colgate.gif

G-day guys!

need r.s.v.p.'s for the next race asap. icon14.gif

i hope everyone can make it and restore my faith in this competition.

numbers weren't great last week, but i hope most of you can make an appearance.

Race 7 - Driving While High (Availabilities)

Date / Time

16th September 2009

08:00:00am Melbourne/Australia

PiBwasser Comets

Cutcho85 - Yes

D Games Guru - Yes

Nitty Don - Yes

eCola / Sprunk Super GT

vForrsell -

TUBBSthezombie - Yes

flyUS Infernus

RabidusUnus -

Guns N R0se -

Joeboi94 -

LeeLee862 -

Terroil Turismo

Nason89 - Yes

Kinko KaPOW XXV -

Untitled27 -

Results have just been updated to the drivers standings. Very close between the top 5 drivers

Edited by cutcho
you can probably count me in but the time is confusing 8am melbourne time i think is 6pm Pacific im not sure lol ill have to look it up sad.gif

I'm on Atlantic time and its 7pm for me... so it should be like 3pm for you

Sorry to say this guys, but if less than 7 show... we'll have to postpone the race for a later date. sad.gif

I know this sucks but there isn't much point in running an event that lacks depth.

thx for the PM nason.

that would suck. i just joined and it might go under cryani.gif and i was think about expanding it to motorcycles.

TUBBSthezombie,

Already have ideas for the next LCRL that will make the competition more even and a whole lot more organised.

but hey if your keen on a LCRL Moto Series that sounds pretty kool!

Cutcho: i dont wanna step on your toes you know what i mean. the moto series would be more even seeing as every one would have the same bikes. however if it was in TLaD there would be more motorcycles to choose from. but if we do it using TLaD i wont beable to participate since i dont have TLaD, i might buy it with BoGT in the Episode pack. and if i could help you with anything concerning another LCRL event dont be afraid to ask for help, i would be more than happy to do so.

this competition is pretty cruisey to organise...

im just shattered that the eCola / Sprunk Super GT team is behind the 8 ball from the green light.

which is unfair...

not sure if this competition is worth continuing, the numbers get worse each week! confused.gif

yeah i know what you mean. i wonder what would happen if we change car classes or if we use one car like the comet and each team has different colors. if we do that no one would have a bone to pick about the cars.

The following race:

Race 7 - Driving While High

Date / Time

16th September 2009

08:00:00am Melbourne/Australia

will be postponed till a later date.

reason: insufficient numbers

Note:

The future of this competition is not looking good.

Would it be worth opening up a new competition with equal stat vehicles?

1 car for all?

different class altogether?

I want to hear everyones opinion on the issue, please try to get back to me asap.

I don't think the 1 car for all would work that great, because it would be the Comet, and not everyone can drive them as competitively as the regular comet drivers. Although here's an idea: We all go with 1 car, but we switch up the required car each race. Example: We use all comets on Driving while high, all turismos the next race, infernus the next, etc... This would certainly level the field I think...

Some other options:

We could forget about the Super GT and allow more slots on the other teams

We could scrap the manufacturers points and make it drivers choice of car

We could switch to sports cars, which are a little more equal except for the feltzer which would suffer the same fate as the SuperGT (sign me up for the vette tounge.gif )

Muscle cars would be cool too, but everyone would be fighting over the Sabre GT

These are just a few quick ideas, I'll put some thought into it and see if I can help come up with a good solution to make this more interesting for everyone icon14.gif

I don't mind it as it is now, but it would be nice to have a full grid every race, or close at least...

I don't think the 1 car for all would work that great, because it would be the Comet, and not everyone can drive them as competitively as the regular comet drivers. Although here's an idea: We all go with 1 car, but we switch up the required car each race. Example: We use all comets on Driving while high, all turismos the next race, infernus the next, etc... This would certainly level the field I think...

Some other options:

We could forget about the Super GT and allow more slots on the other teams

We could scrap the manufacturers points and make it drivers choice of car

We could switch to sports cars, which are a little more equal except for the feltzer which would suffer the same fate as the SuperGT (sign me up for the vette tounge.gif )

Muscle cars would be cool too, but everyone would be fighting over the Sabre GT

These are just a few quick ideas, I'll put some thought into it and see if I can help come up with a good solution to make this more interesting for everyone icon14.gif

I don't mind it as it is now, but it would be nice to have a full grid every race, or close at least...

Some good points there Nason icon14.gif

I just don't think there is much point running the competition with a 6 maybe 7 car field.

I'll look into it confused.gif

i can see the issues with 1 car for all but that switching idea could be golden. we very well could cut the Super GT, i love them but the cant compete with the comet, turismo, and the infernus. maybe we should add two slots on to each Manufacturer and take out the Super GT it truely doesnt belong unfortunatly or we could do a different class each race. Like one week like on Terminal Velocity we race the supercars (Comet, etc.) and on the times square race do muscle cars, just imagine drifting around a corner then speeding down the street. like nason said these are just ideas to make this more even and fun for every one.

Like I said before the event started it would probably be best to go with Comet V's Infernus, there are certain tracks where each car has the advantage, and players already in this league not used to the way a Comet handles would surely be ok in a nice balanced Infernus smile.gif

But a shame this event is looking like its gonna fold sad.gif was one of the better ones on this forum.

Also Tubbs way to go on the bike suggestion, I have been considering something like this for TLAD with the 3 sports bikes as the groups (Bati, Double T and the other one I cant spell !!) as there are less differences in these bikes as there are with the cars I actually race the best in the slowest of the 3 the Bati.