4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Liberty City Racing League [360]

cutcho

i like coffee enemas

It wasn't for sh*ts and giggles it was for 1st place !! just cos you wanted to slow down for that corner you expected me to stop and wait for you to get around it !!? screw that if your gonna drive like a grandad i'm gonna drive straight through you smile.gif

Like I said... cheap tactics. I slowed down to avoid such an incident as there were 5-6 other cars infront of me. As you clearly know Nitty, I don't like people f*cking up my run so I try to play as clean as I can myself. Cheap, cheap tactics. Nothing more, nothing less.

gamesguru

I got taken out on the first corner, I was flipped over, and I had to wriggle my Comet back over. I was pit maneuvered on the corners 3 times just before the bridge on the first lap. I even knocked into Nitty and almost took him out (I was going too fast) in Chinatown.

You're not the only one.......

Nitty Don

Cheap tactics my arse if you like pretty races your playing the wrong game son, if you read the 1st post such driving is allowed I was going fast and sure as hell wasn't going to slow down for your sorry arse, and guru I believe that was me who span you out at the same time I span LeeLee If moving from 4th place to 1st place with such driving techniche is cheap then call me cheap I'd rather be cheap than a LOSER wink.gif

gamesguru

I'm just trying to point out that leelee is not the only one who puts up with such 'cheap' tactics. As if it's only happening to him. It's a race, it's GTA, what do you expect to happen? Even more so, it's a street race. Have you never watched films about them? Even in Toca I'm taking motherf*ckers out on the starting grid, why? Because I can, and it's not against the rules.

Even if you don't like it. Just majestically leave, and not have a complete b*tch fit and end up looking like the bad guy and coming worse off. Telling people to 'f*ck off' is not the way to go about things. If you don't like it, leave and say no more. Don't start having pop shots at others who completely enjoy this event.

You can 'f*ck off' to, if that's all you've got to add.

And if you read the topic properly, you may see that cutcho pointed out the rules wink.gif .

i like coffee enemas

Ahh, Nitty. Always got an answer for everything, yeah. You think coming back with sarcastic comments somehow justifies your actions? Sure, it's in the rules, but does that mean that you have to do it? If I remember correctly, you were the one throwing a hissy fit after LeRay annihilated you in the TDM yesterday after using sh*tty tactics, so you can pretty much just piss off you patronising c*nt. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is what I say.

Yes, I know I'm not the only one that it happens to and I'm in no way implying that that is the case. However, it's all good and well the two of you, who're driving the fastest cars in the race, to tell me I'm just whining and to f*ck up during the race as you can redeem yourself in a matter of seconds. I, however, am not driving the fastest vehicle.

You lot come in first every week. You're driving the fastest cars and it doesn't take much effort to just try and avoid a f*cking collision as you're going to to win anyway. It's just completely unnecessary. It takes 2 seconds for anybody else to get completely knocked out of the race, so until you're in that sort of position you have no idea how f*cking frustrating it is.

Edited by leelee862
gamesguru

Well I lost out to a higher position in Star Junction due to lag, and so did cutcho, we got over it. In the first race I was 1st for 5 laps and then got hit by Alex in an oncoming collision and that put me around 4th, I managed to finish second. And you do realise the Infernus is the fastest car, not the Comet.

There is also a thing called skill involved. Maybe the best drivers signed up first, maybe the best drives snapped up the Comets; I'm not going to judge. Everybody here is a good racer, and fun to play with. I admit the Comets have a slight advantage, but people can still lose in them. Besides, this track had the Super GTs and Comets as the weakest (odds on). The Infernus had the advantage this race. Huge stretches to use the better acceleration and wide roads. You could've caught up easy.

What ever happened to having fun, good sportsmanship?

See it like a football (soccer) match. You may have been running circles around the opposition just for a dodgey goal put you 1-0 down and lose the game. You could say it's unfair, but at the end of the day it's still a lose.

i like coffee enemas

Well I lost out to a higher position in Star Junction due to lag, and so did cutcho, we got over it. In the first race I was 1st for 5 laps and then got hit by Alex in an oncoming collision and that put me around 4th, I managed to finish second. And you do realise the Infernus is the fastest car, not the Comet.

There is also a thing called skill involved. Maybe the best drivers signed up first, maybe the best drives snapped up the Comets; I'm not going to judge. Everybody here is a good racer, and fun to play with. I admit the Comets have a slight advantage, but people can still lose in them. Besides, this track had the Super GTs and Comets as the weakest (odds on). The Infernus had the advantage this race. Huge stretches to use the better acceleration and wide roads. You could've caught up easy.

What ever happened to having fun, good sportsmanship?

See it like a football (soccer) match. You may have been running circles around the opposition just for a dodgey goal put you 1-0 down and lose the game. You could say it's unfair, but at the end of the day it's still a lose.

Well, if you'd refer to my previous post. I can race and I didn't once crash and I took most corners well after being knocked into 8th place. I managed to overtake vForssell, but apart from that I didn't manage to gain any time whatsoever. Infact, I was losing time. Put that down to a lack of skill if you will. I honestly don't care.

As for sportsmanship... The first few times, I took defeat gracefully. After the 3rd & 4th time it began to get extremely tedious and boring, hense, why I switched team. I managed to get a brand new start and yet, I stil managed to end up in the bottom 3. It's almost as if I was racing for nothing, you know? Just to participate. It just isn't worth my time. If I wanted to do that then I'd just join a ranked race.

Who is dropping out of the competition because of school & bedtime?

bedtime? now don't get smart cutcho, not my fault, okay?

Well I lost out to a higher position in Star Junction due to lag...

That's strange, everytime you lose a position it's always because of lag sarcasm.giflol.gif

I agree with leelee, taking people out is just a sh*tty tactic and although you guys keep saying "It's not against the rules" you guys know how annoying and frustrating it is, and guys, you all pretty angry when you get taken out by PIT and other things, so don't throw too many stones. icon14.gif

Oh, I'm pulling out, man.

When I have a rubbish car, I race well but end up either in a terrible position or I just don't finish the race at all. I finally get to choose a decent car and people use sh*tty tactics to f*ck up my run and I STILL end up in last place. It's ridiculous and I can't be f*cked with it anymore. This is it this time. I apologise Cutcho, but screw this, I'm out.

leelee862 wtf?

it's a street racing competition... i can't honestly expect people not to block, PIT Manouver, cut corners, side-swipe & flip in a race?

you were driving the 2nd best car in the game, and i think 8 laps of Southern Sandwich would give you more than enough time to dust off and get back on you're feet.

Random exploded mini vans sitting in the middle of the bridge blocking my run during lap 1.

My batteries went flat halfway through the race and i still managed to peg the gap back and neally finished in 3rd if i wasn't for a gutter the size of my fingernail that decides to flip me halfway accross LC! devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

f*ck I COULD KILL ROCKSTAR! angry.gif

suck it up leelee862, complained about the Super GT complain about other drivers tactics....

dude what do you want me to do?

it's a street race were dirty driving tactics is what can win races.

Note:

Is it honestly worth continuing with this competition cause im getting a feeling that in the coming days half the field is going to drop out.

f*ck.

I'll have the details from the last race updated asap.

Well you could so easily implement at least SOME rules. Instead, you just want this to be an all out slagfest. Nitty so obviously did it for sh*ts and giggles, as he could've easily avoided knocking me out of the race. And it's all good and well you talking about me "getting back on my feet". You were driving the Comet and do well every week.

I didn't crash or anything and yet most of you were still gaining time on me. Until you've been knocked into last place by sh*tty tactics and experience this crap for yourself then you can pretty just f*ck off. You're in at least the top 5 every week. It's not like I can't race either, as I proved in the practice race, which is why this sh*t pisses me off so much.

Personally, I just like to have a clean and casual race. This sh*t is boring. Like I said, I'm out.

Phffttt... and how do you think Nason89 gets top 5 finishes every week?

driving a Turismo mind you.

hmmmm... I'm not sure your playing the same game as everyone else.

LeeLee862, great idea...

you can make a gtaforums.com racing tournament where rainbows indicated the start / finish line and cute little white rabbits hop across the road and everyone has bumpers on the side of their cars.

and when the race is finished everyone can hold hands in a circle and sing camp fire songs together.

Would that be clean / casual enough for your pussy ass?

grow a dick mate, and then maybe... just maybe you might become a half decent driver icon14.gif

how the f*ck can you police accidents mid race?

true little harsh there joe... i was still a little edgy after leelee's bullsh*t comments.

Sorry to sound like a grouch in my last post everyone.

Curious to know the availabilities for Race 6 - Terminal Velocity

"my favorite track" colgate.gif

I'm thinking it will have to be held at the same time/day as the last race,

Hope everyone can make it or do we all need a week off to sort ourselves out?

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what the better option is.

i like coffee enemas

Oh, I'm pulling out, man.

When I have a rubbish car, I race well but end up either in a terrible position or I just don't finish the race at all. I finally get to choose a decent car and people use sh*tty tactics to f*ck up my run and I STILL end up in last place. It's ridiculous and I can't be f*cked with it anymore. This is it this time. I apologise Cutcho, but screw this, I'm out.

leelee862 wtf?

it's a street racing competition... i can't honestly expect people not to block, PIT Manouver, cut corners, side-swipe & flip in a race?

you were driving the 2nd best car in the game, and i think 8 laps of Southern Sandwich would give you more than enough time to dust off and get back on you're feet.

Random exploded mini vans sitting in the middle of the bridge blocking my run during lap 1.

My batteries went flat halfway through the race and i still managed to peg the gap back and neally finished in 3rd if i wasn't for a gutter the size of my fingernail that decides to flip me halfway accross LC! devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

f*ck I COULD KILL ROCKSTAR! angry.gif

suck it up leelee862, complained about the Super GT complain about other drivers tactics....

dude what do you want me to do?

it's a street race were dirty driving tactics is what can win races.

Note:

Is it honestly worth continuing with this competition cause im getting a feeling that in the coming days half the field is going to drop out.

f*ck.

I'll have the details from the last race updated asap.

Well you could so easily implement at least SOME rules. Instead, you just want this to be an all out slagfest. Nitty so obviously did it for sh*ts and giggles, as he could've easily avoided knocking me out of the race. And it's all good and well you talking about me "getting back on my feet". You were driving the Comet and do well every week.

I didn't crash or anything and yet most of you were still gaining time on me. Until you've been knocked into last place by sh*tty tactics and experience this crap for yourself then you can pretty just f*ck off. You're in at least the top 5 every week. It's not like I can't race either, as I proved in the practice race, which is why this sh*t pisses me off so much.

Personally, I just like to have a clean and casual race. This sh*t is boring. Like I said, I'm out.

Phffttt... and how do you think Nason89 gets top 5 finishes every week?

driving a Turismo mind you.

hmmmm... I'm not sure your playing the same game as everyone else.

LeeLee862, great idea...

you can make a gtaforums.com racing tournament where rainbows indicated the start / finish line and cute little white rabbits hop across the road and everyone has bumpers on the side of their cars.

and when the race is finished everyone can hold hands in a circle and sing camp fire songs together.

Would that be clean / casual enough for your pussy ass?

grow a dick mate, and then maybe... just maybe you might become a half decent driver icon14.gif

how the f*ck can you police accidents mid race?

true little harsh there joe... i was still a little edgy after leelee's bullsh*t comments.

Hahahahaha!!

Wow! Just, wow! You must've been thinking up that one for a good few minutes biggrin.gif

Reading your post, I honestly had no idea you were such a c*nt. All of this sh*t just because I'm sick of people crashing into me. I'm not the only one that thinks it's just sh*tty tactics. As for my racing, we'll have a one on one sometime and then we'll see who the decent racer is. I've proven on many occasions, when I'm not being PIT manuevered, that I can race with the best of 'em. Think about it, if I couldn't actually race, then why in world would this annoy me so much? I'd just take it in my stride and have a laugh.

Like Joe said... We all get annoyed by this so don't throw too many stones. It isn't happening to you week in, week out, so you couldn't possibly understand why I'm so frustrated about it. Prick smile.gif

Edited by leelee862

cutcho the event organizer has clearly mentioned that dirty tactics are allowed, so anyone still wanting to fight about it can take it to PMs. Lets get back on topic.

If you do not feel comfortable playing this way, feel free to create your own event or join others.

No more pointless insults as well. A little teasing is fine to get people excited, but sh*t's hit the fan here.

Nitty Don

Dirty Tactics for the WIN !!! wink.gif

And comparing a modified controller to nudging someone is well off the mark everyone can Nudge/spin out a car not all of us have a Turbo pad and if you think me calling leray a pu$$y then going for my dinner is a hissy fit what the hell do you call your last 3 posts !! ?

I play enough games froms this forum for people to know that I follow rules, I might bend them but I don't blatantly break them.

Anyways your a good mate and I don't wanna fall out over something as silly as a video game believe it or not I actually like you smile.gif

My advice would be to get back on the starting grid and spin me out on the first corner of the next race laugh your head off and then go on for the win, that would make me feel alot more stupid than anything else you could say on here.

i like coffee enemas

Okay, okay, I aplogise for my recent uh, outburst. I've calmed down now so I'm now able to construct a decent post. Maybe I've been a bit out of line, and a few bad things were said, but I just need you all to understand just how frustrated I was about the whole thing. It's just how I am... I get a little heated, go a little crazy, then calm down and realise what I've just done. It seriously is uncontrollable.

I'm not angry with anybody specifically, It's just in these kind of situations it's easier to single people out instead of being the bigger man and just walking away. I'm confrontational by nature. It's both a strength and weakness. When I have something to say I'm going to make damn sure you're going to hear it regardless of the consequences, but I just don't know when to shut my mouth. I know I don't always have the best arguement, but hell, I'd like to see you try and stop me bitching! tounge.gif

And yes, Nitty, I agree. It really isn't worth falling out over. My bad, man.

Anyway, I apologise. All the best to everyone.

Edited by leelee862
Nitty Don

WOOOOOO the real LeeLee is back !!! and i apologise for goading you into such posts perhaps now it will be possible to hold hands and have a sing song with fluffy rabbits at the next race smile.gifwink.gif

@ Cutcho - I think every race should go ahead on the scheduled day but if less than 4 players are on the starting grid then maybe we should postpone, not sure what other people think to this ?? I just feel if this drags on past the release of TBOGT people might drop out due to not wanting to play standard GTA anymore, also I have a good feeling that the racing in the new DLC will be turbo charged awesomeness so perhaps something we can incorporate into this event for season 2 smile.gif

The problem here is dirty tactics like bumping and taking out cannot be policed.

I'm all for clean racing, but implying rules that cannot be followed up is ridiculous sorry to say.

It's sad to see this argument get out of hand and force some to leave the competition but the issue is sensitive. The unpredictability of lag will create controversy especially early in the races and will start arguments bigger than this one when an incident occurs.

If anyone has a simple idea on how the competition can become cleaner and less aggressive please feel free to reply suggestions and i will look into it icon14.gif

but i feel as though this issue cannot be corrected with all drivers being satisfied with the one result.

Sorry for sarcastic & aggressive comments directed at you LeeLee862 but i felt you were bringing the LCRL into disrepute and i reacted inappropriately and i took it personally by mistake.

Maybe we can have a mini 1 Vs 1 racing tournament sometime if you're still interested? colgate.gif

let me know. / pm

on a different note:

Race 6 - Terminal Velocity (Availabilities)

r.s.v.p.'s required for Race 6 - Terminal Velocity asap.

Date / Time

9th September 2009

08:00:00am Melbourne/Australia

PiBwasser Comets

Cutcho85 - Yes

D Games Guru - Yes

Nitty Don - Yes

eCola / Sprunk Super GT

vForrsell - No

TUBBSthezombie - Yes

flyUS Infernus

RabidusUnus -

Guns N R0se - No

Joeboi94 - No

LeeLee862 - No

Terroil Turismo

Nason89 - Yes

Kinko KaPOW XXV - No

Untitled27 - Yes

Hope most of you can make it! icon14.gif

Note:

I know the recent issues will effect the turnout so if only 4 drivers or less show to the scheduled race date & time the event will be rescheduled for the following week. Thanks for the advice Nitty Don wink.gif

Edited by cutcho
gamesguru
go a little crazy

Ironic, considering your sig tounge2.gif .

It's all good, we all have disagreements from time to time, nice to see everything has worked out icon14.gif . I hope you don't hate me either, just saying what I thought on the situation lol.gif .

Anyway, I like the idea Nitty. But say 3 of those racers are on the Comet team? Maybe it should be stretched a little bit, and have at least 3 out of 4 teams have at least one racer on the grid?

And cutcho, I told you already, I'm always in; because the race is always a perfect time for me. Always put me down as in, unless I point out otherwise wink.gif .

gamesguru

I haven't got College Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Meaning even if I had to get up early for it, it wouldn't be for Wednesday. So Tuesday is that even more perfect for me, late nights, late mornings Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif .

Thanks guys, i'll update the availabilities asap.

numbers don't look great this time round sad.gif

and you're right has to be a driver from each team otherwise this isn't really a construtors championship.

but as for eCola / Sprunk Super GT & flyUS Infernus they need some new blood.

edwards1313

fill out the application on the opening page post it as a reply.

many teams are available now, so flyUS Infernus would be a good team... icon14.gif

let me know.