Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ldee

L.A. Noire

Algonquin Assassin

I've always hated tapping to run in GTA.

You had to do this only for very fast run. You could run without tapping in GTA and Bully.

Still I liked the way it's done in LA Noire. I hope GTA V employs it.

d0mm2k8: As much as I love LA Noire Cole has nothing on John in terms on personality IMO.

trip
for illustration purposes

https://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/Product.a...RS-TEE-LAN-FING

was at TARGET saw this for $6.98, have heard that they are cheaper at different targets

Yeah? But does it come with a bag of R* vinyl stickers like R* warehouse includes?

I don't make it to the clothing section of many stores, but I'm impressed that there is R* ware about. Neat.

I wish I had something to add to the current LA Noire talk. Sorry.

marmoo

Currently playing L.A Noire on PC

Love the game..very good and like many others, pleased it is not just a FPS (even though it has a few elements of this)

Couple of things I am disappointed with

Driving - Were RockStar having a laugh with the format of this?

Don't get me wrong - I did not want a GTA IV wannabe in that respect but it is very wooden - I know it is the 1940's etc and cars were very different then as was handling but come on...it feels like an afterthought with no atmosphere at all - I actually find the driving to be a hindrance and extremely boring at times

Gun fights (shooting) - again, a bit wooden but not as bad as the driving

Still, It is a very good game

The cases have had a lot thought put into them and I like the fact it is different from GTA IV

Lurch

Really love the cars in the game but wish they were a bit more detailed. They're supposed to be real cars afterall. No reason why I should see a V8 when I knock the hood off of my dusenburg or a straight 6 in my Cadillac. Wouldn't bother me as much if they were made-up cars like in gta.

GTA 360

I've had this game since about release date, not finished it yet because I've been playing some other games but got back to it again, there seams to always be something to come back for and for me it seams really interesting. Not as interesting as some other games but still a great game. I won't ever be trading this in yet it still won't be my favourite game, the map is brilliant and so are the faces and graphics in general, but it doesn't seam to have the same buzz as other games.

BRITLAND

Hey in LA Noire after i complete The Naked City it goes back to the main menu it doesnt go to the next mission ive tried with playing the mission before but it goes to The Naked City after i complete it then when i finish it it goes to Main Menu

Can somebody help me?

marmoo
Hey in LA Noire after i complete The Naked City it goes back to the main menu it doesnt go to the next mission ive tried with playing the mission before but it goes to The Naked City after i complete it then when i finish it it goes to Main Menu

Can somebody help me?

is this your problem?

http://www.la-noire.net/forums/thread-2301.html

try the suggestion in opening post

BRITLAND

Can somebody help me?

is this your problem?

http://www.la-noire.net/forums/thread-2301.html

try the suggestion in opening post

Thaks its sucks balls though that i need to start over again D:

Narcis_speed6
Thaks its sucks balls though that i need to start over again D:

And starting over does not guarantee that is going to work.

Sean_R_LFC

It drives just like the godfather game on ps2

Evj
It drives just like the godfather game on ps2

Thats why i dont like this game sneaky2.gif

John The Grudge

Honestly the driving is so poor in this game that I just skip it completely. The game is more enjoyable as a result. The drawback of that is that you miss some of the hard work that's went into creating the city.

Sunrise Driver

No. Godfather driving is much worse (on PC at least).

paul

what's the deal with driving?

It isn't a racing game, you should actually drive slowly and respect traffic rules since you're a cop and all...

I sure do, fits perfectly into the atmosphere of the game and gives a better sense of scale of the city since you aren't redlining through every junction..

aswell as the fact that it makes cases more lenghty

Algonquin Assassin

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the driving in LA Noire. Infact next to GTA IV and Mafia II the driving in LA Noire is better than the majority of open world games IMO.

John The Grudge

The problem is the physics. The cars handle like go-karts. There is no sense of weight.

Illousion

Despite the cars poor physics, I love this game. Playing it on PC now, just finished A Marriage Made in Heaven.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Oh, and I just have to say that Roy Earle is the best character in the entire game. Total badass, really enjoyed the Vice part, much thanks to his character.

Edited by Illousion

Indi

Roy Earle is an utter wally. f*cking hate him, but his character made the story might damn interesting.

Cheat

I started my second play-through a couple days back, and I must say, it got very fascinating as I reached The Fallen Idol.

No matter how repulsive the case was with it's peepshows and all, it was absolutely brilliant to see small bits of the plot and realize how magnificently the plot actually builds up throughout the game. Seeing Mickey C and Courtney negotiate over the surplus morphine, getting the first glimpse of Elsa and the true natures of Roy Earle and himself Dr. Harlan Fontaine... Thrilling.

Point is, if there are any players playing through the game for the first time out there - make sure to stay patient. The plot is amazing and just gets better the further you go. I'd forgotten how much I like this game.

Canoxa

My mind was blown in the second playthrough, during the Elsa interrogation scene at the Blue Room!

Efreet

My mind was blown in the second playthrough, during the Elsa interrogation scene at the Blue Room!

What's special about that?

Canoxa

Have you played through the game more than once?

Exkabewbikadid
The problem is the physics. The cars handle like go-karts. There is no sense of weight.

At first I really hated the handling and weightlessness, but I adjusted to it fairly quickly. I think they made it the way they did so that all the car chase sequences would be easier and look more cinematic.

As much as I liked this game, I need to give it a second play through at some point. I just wish they hadn't put a sh*tty 30 fps cap on the PC version especially when my PC can handle IV at a solid 60 fps.

Freezer89
As much as I liked this game, I need to give it a second play through at some point. I just wish they hadn't put a sh*tty 30 fps cap on the PC version especially when my PC can handle IV at a solid 60 fps.

Use this to remove the limit

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/l-a-noire-30...k-bars-removal/

And it's not really that annoying.. after few hours I was already used to 30 fps and enjoyed the game till end (over 40 hours).

Efreet

I have repeated each case more than two times after I finished the whole story. Have I missed something?

Canoxa

I have repeated each case more than two times after I finished the whole story. Have I missed something?

Not something huge. I was just extremely impressed by the subtlety of that scene. Once you pass through it the second time, you realize that, in between the sternness an interrogation demands, there are moments where Cole and Elsa's familiarity briefly shines through. It flies over your head the first time you're playing it, but the second time, after the player is familiar with the plot, those moments are pure gold. How did we miss that before?

danjodan

Anyone know if they will release any more DLC for this game?

They have said that the game still isn't complete yet and I would love some more case's

Los Santos Pedestrian
Anyone know if they will release any more DLC for this game?

They have said that the game still isn't complete yet and I would love some more case's

Rockstar already announced that there's no more DLC's.

I think that's their plan for all future titles with DLC's; just two of them, and not Activision and EA's way of making DLC's, which is giving the game three new weapons for $70.

Cheat

Skip to 'round 3 minutes. Loved interrogating this fella, genuine proof of how good the character design, let alone the script, is in this game. Plus, I'm getting closer and closer to the best part of the game. Watch out, Phelps, it's his game you're playing now...