Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,760 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Why not Americans?

Cilogy

Why can't Rockstar just pick someone born and raised in American and one who looks like American like Brad Pitt.

Let's see...

Claude was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Tommy was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Carl was born and raised in America.

Mike was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Toni was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Victor was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Johnny was born and raised in America, for all we know.

Good enough for you?

Brad Pitt is no more American than anyone else. His family floated over on to this country on a ship just like everybody else's. Unless you want a Native American protagonist, you're going to find that every character has a trace of European/Asian/African in them.

Actually, I thought the Vance brothers were born in like Haiti or DomRep or something right? 'Cause I remember the third brother is still "at home" and there was speculation that this third brother was the one who was actually shot down at the beginning cut scenes of GTA Vice City and people were arguing over the fact that he has a "south of the border" accent.

Edited by Cilogy

scarp1996

even with these simple answers people still dont get it confused.gif (Am I the only one who couldn't help to notice how similer this conversation is with American president Obama's birth cirtificate fiasco is ? tounge.gif )

Tycek
Actually, I thought the Vance brothers were born in like Haiti or DomRep or something right? 'Cause I remember the third brother is still "at home" and there was speculation that this third brother was the one who was actually shot down at the beginning cut scenes of GTA Vice City and people were arguing over the fact that he has a "south of the border" accent.

In the beginning of Vice City Vic was shot down, not Pete ( third brother ), which was asthmatic. Rockstar just remodeled this character just like Jim Fitzgerald beetwen GTA IV and TLAD.

I think this whole converstaion is a little pointless. If protagonist isn't american like Niko, that makes him worse that others? Is he subhuman or something? Some of us should ease of a little. Important thing is that the game is fantastic and told great story about human life, not nationality of protagonist. Some of us think that the white Brad Pitt is better that Niko Bellic or Johny the Jew. (Klebitz is a jew - so what) Rockstar for some time is trying to teach us a tolerance for other races. Niko is Yugoslavian, Huang is Chinesse, Johny is an american Jew. You wouldn't play in game because of nationality of protagonist? Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

wesley545

Even a 'Native American' would be an Asian in the long run.

AnotherDave
Even a 'Native American' would be an Asian in the long run.

Everyone is African in the long run.

General Goose

This is sych a stupid, pointless, idiotic thread with so many issues...I love it. Comedy gold.

Omnia sunt Communia
Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

I hope you're being sarcastic. confused.gif

Flesh-n-Bone

So what is it? Are native Americans based on skin colors? "African-Americans" are also native Americans, just because their skin color is the same as people who were transported to America for slavery doesn't mean they aren't American in the current life. If they are called African-American, then how about calling the whites "Euro-American"? (I'm not being racist in any way because I'm white too.) We know the whites in USA originated from Europe, so isn't that right to say nobody is native American? Judging by the topic starters theory.

Omnia sunt Communia

Nobody is native to anywhere if you go far enough back in history. We all started off in Africa and spread out from there. Though Native Americans were the oldest known inhabitants of the Americas, but even they migrated over from Russia across the Bering Strait.

Tycek

Nothing personal but I think that the GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK is a bit of homofobian.

Of course. I don't mean to offend him or something. I didn't write this serious.

Omnia sunt Communia

Of course. I don't mean to offend him or something. I didn't write this serious.

I was more referring to the fact the homophobe is somebody who dislikes homosexuals (or bisexuals & transgender people), not different nationalities. That would be a xenophobe (or racist, depending on whether he was attacking their ethnicity or not). Just saying.

Tycek

I was more referring to the fact the homophobe is somebody who dislikes homosexuals (or bisexuals & transgender people), not different nationalities. That would be a xenophobe (or racist, depending on whether he was attacking their ethnicity or not). Just saying.

Damn my bad. I want to write xenophobe in the first place. I don't know what happened but I thought of one word and wtote another. Sorry.

Cursed

Sorry, but reading this thread I can't help but think of the holocaust. GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK wants a white American protagonist with no other races. It's GTA, to play the game you don't need the player to be a christian American without any disabilities and has what you would consider to be correct principles on sexuality biggrin.gif

wesley545

I think this is ready for a lock.

WhiteRex

Claude - American

Tommy - Italian-American

Toni - Italian-American

Victor - Afro-American

Carl - Afro-American

Niko - European

Johnny - American

Luis - Latin-American (I really don't know that)

Huang - Asian

there are mostly americans, except for Niko and Huang.

My question would be - why there is too much americans in GTA games.

Funktipus
Sorry, but reading this thread I can't help but think of the holocaust. GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK wants a white American protagonist with no other races. It's GTA, to play the game you don't need the player to be a christian American without any disabilities and has what you would consider to be correct principles on sexuality biggrin.gif

The OP thinks WASPs are the only "Real" Americans. What's really sad and pathetic is too many think like him.

CryptReaperDorian
Claude - American

Tommy - Italian-American

Toni - Italian-American

Victor - Afro-American

Carl - Afro-American

Niko - European

Johnny - American

Luis - Latin-American (I really don't know that)

Huang - Asian

there are mostly americans, except for Niko and Huang.

My question would be - why there is too much americans in GTA games.

Actually Claude is either Euro-American or Asian-American (he's white anyways). Victor is not African-American, he's half Dominican-American and half Euro-American. Johnny is said to be Jewish-American if Jewish is also a heritage. Is somebody from Jerusalem called Jewish? I know Jewish is a religion. Luis was not born in the U.S. and he is Dominican.

zmoonchild
I think this is ready for a lock.

Agreed… the person that started this topic just keeps egging people on with his dimwitted remarks and comebacks… he’s probably just sitting back and laughing at everyone for commenting on his chauvinistic topic.

Mainland Marauder

I'm part Irish, part German and part some other stuff. But I'm all American. Well, I was born in Texas which is sort of like Mexico.

And I'm not in a GTA game, but I do help moderate a GTA forum and I find this thread pretty much pointless. As I understand it, Niko is the first GTA protagonist who wasn't born in America, which renders the whole topic pretty much moot.