Can't change the resolution?

The Chad

My resolution is stuck on 800x600x32. My screen's resolution is 1280x1024. Is that the max resolution the game can play at? Or is there somehow a way to make it bigger.

I know this is off-topic but it saves me making another post in the Vice City forum. Also on Vice City, I just discovered my resolution is also 800x600, can't I change that one too?

Ok this problem is on san andreas, or vice city or both? As per of Vice city you gotta change it when you open game and it shows screen like start game ... Chosee options and change your reso as in game reso canchange but at start can be and tell me in san andreas it persiists too?? well in san andreas go to resolution and change it by arrow keys

I never tried moving it with the arrow keys, just by clicking on it. I'll go to try that now. I'll try that to in VC to see if it changes the resolution. Thanks turn.gif

liesofsilence

You can use your scroll wheel as well. This is a pretty common problem, though.

It depends on your graphics card. I wasn't able to change fugly 640*480 resolution of GTA 3 on Nvidia 7100, although it was fine on 8900.

My friend can't run Vice city on anything higher than 640*480 on his laptop, although GTA 3 and SA run on full resolution.

If you can't change it using your scroll wheel, try to get a different graphics card - maybe not as powerful, but it may allow you to play at higher resolutions. Nvidia 5200 allowes you to play at 1024*768, not suer about anything higher.

Ah yes I've managed to change the resolution! I used the arrows keys to do it. Earlier I was just clicking.

I've got it to 1280x1024 now with everything on high but it runs very slowly. When I had it on 680x640 with everyone on high it ran very well. Should I keep it at 1280x1024 and lower the settings or leave it at 680x640 with everything on high? Just by the way I have a Nvidia 7300 GS, not very powerful but it manages.

I haven't tried VC and III yet but I'm sure I'll be able to change the resolution

The resolution should be fine. If it lags, then just lower some settings. Try turning off the Frame Limiter too.

It's up to you. When I was on 7100, I used 800*600 as resolution and other setting set for medium-low.

Depends on how you like it.

WingedWarrior
On the subject on resolution, is there any way to play the game in a size-reduced window instead of having it complete full screen?

Is the game installed in Documents? You're supposed to extract the appropriate files/folders in the installed San Andreas folder.

This is all assuming that you have a v1 copy.

Navigate to GTA San Andreas\data\script\ and check the size of the script.img file.

If it's 568 KB, then you have v1.

If it's 562 KB, then you have v2.

Maybe because you moved the game to the Documents folder? Vista's hierarchy is kinda f*cked up. I suggest you try reinstalling the game to somewhere else other than Documents.

WingedWarrior
Well I moved the SA folder into the Rockstar Games folder in Program Files and still nothing.

Moving is not recommended. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall it so that the proper registry entries are created.

I have v1 with a modded main.scm and script.img it my script folder and its working still if you don't have v1 it might not work....

i can't give you the link for the v1.0 .exe of the game so only google it...