[IV|BETA|.net] Pedestrian mod

_hax

Pedestrian mod [iV|BETA|.net] © 2009 by _hax

--------------------------------------

Description:

-----------

This GTA IV mod allows you to perform actions, such like:

*Open/Close trunk/hood

(trunk opening is implemetned but it's useless - in future releases there will be ability to store weapons/money/items in trunk; however in case of engine breakdown you have to open hood before proceeding to repair your vehicle)

*Equip an umbrella

*Smoke a fag

*Alarm your vehicle

*Repair engine

*Turn on\off car (hazard) lights

*Sit down

Every action is animated.

Licence:

-------

This software is freeware. Feel free to spread it, but remember to include this file (readme.txt).

PedestrianMod is written in .net programming language, so there is possibility to decompile it and modify. You are NOT allowed to modify this mod and release it.

Installation

-----------

You need to have .net ScriptHook installed, ASI loader and .net framework 3.5.

All theese things can be found at

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325

Put both PedestrianMod.net.dll and PedestrianMod.net.dll.config files to \scripts\ folder in your game install directory (default C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts\)

Run game and enjoy!

Uninstallation

-------------

Just remove both PedestrianMod.net.dll and PedestrianMod.net.dll.config from \scripts\ folder

Default controls

-------

You can change controls by editing file PedestrianModSettings.setting

Home - Open/close trunk/hood

When facing car from front after pressing Home it's hood'll open, whereas when facing from behind trunk'll open

If you open someone's car he will attack you

Known issues:

Sometimes Niko misunderstands user's intentions - he opens trunk instead of hood and vice versa. Also long vehicles like stretch need to pe opened from side (you'll get used to it)

F12 - Equip an umbrella

When it's raining hit F12 and Niko will draw his umbrella. Hit F12 again to hide it. When you jump, or punch someone Niko won't hold the umbrella properly; hitting F12 will do the trick

Known issues:

none

F11 - Smoke a fag

Hit F11 to smoke a fag. Hit again to drop it. Fag is dropped automatically after Niko finishes it.

Known issues:

Sometimes fag don't appear: hitting F11 again will do the trick

End - Lock doors of your vehicle

Self explanatory.

Known issues:

none

Delete - Repair vehicle

Sometimes vehicle's engine just break down (when you wreck it too much or when script decides so ;] ). When that happens pull over and exit your vehicle. Approach from front and hit Home (Open car's hood). Then hit Delete: Niko will lay on the floor and start repairing his vehicle. Car will put its hazard lights on. After some time Niko will finish his work and vehicle will be good to go. But remember to visit pay'n'spray: Niko isn't a mechanic so repaired car won't be as efficient as it was before breakdown.

Known issues:

none

Numpad 5 - Turn on\off vehicle's hazard lights

Self explanatory.

Numpad 0 - Turn on\off vehicle lights

Self explanatory.

Page down - Sit down\stand up

Self explanatory.

Download

(works with all GTA VI versions)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah0a272/n/PedMod_rar

Edited by _hax

Bullet_Chris

This software is freeware.

It aint software, it is a mod for a software.

2pacproducer2
This software is freeware.

It aint software, it is a mod for a software.

OWNED

lol

MeeL

Dude its not bad but the smoking part just take it off caus everytime i activate it it only shows the animation and the ciggarette is floating

but apart from that its not bad

KorbiM

doesnt work... Error

MeeL
doesnt work... Error

version 1.0.2.0?

RaifalM3n

it dosnt work with 1.2?

_hax

it's working with 1.2, you just need to have all needed components installed (ASI loader, net scripthook, net framework)

btw mod is software

Computer software, or just software is a general term used to describe the role that computer programs, procedures and documentation play in a computer system.

mod is some kind of procedure used to change game's behaviour

moreover

"Software" is sometimes used in a broader context to mean anything which is not hardware but which is used with hardware, such as film, tapes and records.

mod is not hardware for sure

source: wikipedia

KorbiM
doesnt work... Error

version 1.0.2.0?

jes... confused.gif

_hax

Dude its not bad but the smoking part just take it off caus everytime i activate it it only shows the animation and the ciggarette is floating

but apart from that its not bad

Sorry, my bad - it's really floating away every time you smoke. It's fixed now. (new download link in main thread)

I added also sitting ability, and smoking while sitting.

I hope you like that ;]

@KorbiM

Tell me what that error says. Also check if you have all required software installed (look at "Requirements" in this thread)

Edited by _hax

mockingcrow

Sorry dude, mods are not STAND ALONE software, which is why in the gaming world, its not considered software(Reason the pseudo-name for it is in fact "modification"). What you have here is a minor-modification of software already in place. You have no choice but to make it freeware as you CANNOT charge for it, else ROCKSTAR would sue you. You are not allowed to make any proceeds off of another person(s) work without their permission. This is why the bot programs for WoW were under so many lawsuits. I THINK the only loop hole is you can charge member access to the actual SITE, to dl the program, but again I stopped paying attention after some Ui mods and bots started doing that.

If you were to go tell a bunch of video game developers that you are a software developer because you made some small mods, I think they would be insulted. I dont go up and tell people im an Olympic athlete just cause i can lift some weights and run a good distance. I forget the word from my philosophy class, but it means to be generally accepted by majority or whatever. Its a tricky world we live in as i stated before, bot scripts are generally known as bot programs where as "simple" modification of a games software is modding. Then again, i do kinda feel that if you make a badass bot program, you could claim to be a software developer, cause you created that from scratch much like the original HL/CS bots.

THATS WHAT ID LIKE TO SEE IN GTA4 BTW. Anarchy and bodyguard is a good step forward. But a mod of some random ped spawning halfway across town with the mission to hunt you or flee from you would be awesome! <-- I know thats off topic and prolly not possible sad.gif

Anyway...

Didnt mean to steer sideways in the thread. I do commend you for this cool mod, its unfortunate its for 1.2. The whole .net scripthook being dead is lame, wish that guy were "alive" so i could use these scripts in 1.3+

_hax

I'm not caling my self "software developer"

And I didn't say that mod is "STAND ALONE software" but simple software (that is huge difference)

Read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software) extra carefully

for example:

Library

Main article: Software library

An executable is almost always not sufficiently complete for direct execution. Software libraries include collections of functions and functionality that may be embedded in other applications. Operating systems include many standard Software libraries, and applications are often distributed with their own libraries.

furthermore:

License

Main article: Software license

The software's license gives the user the right to use the software in the licensed environment. Some software comes with the license when purchased off the shelf, or an OEM license when bundled with hardware. Other software comes with a free software license, granting the recipient the rights to modify and redistribute the software. Software can also be in the form of freeware or shareware. See also License Management.

Freeware (from "free" and"software") is computer software that is available for use at no cost or for an optional fee.[1] Freeware is generally proprietary software available at zero price, and is not free software.[2] The author usually restricts one or more rights to copy, distribute, and make derivative works of the software.[3]

this mod is freeware but I restricted right to modify and distribute

so, "dude", next time read something about subject before posting such conclusions

Zybba

This software mod looks really nice!

I thin it brings more variation and life in the game.

I will test it later, atm I am in the office.

KorbiM
Tell me what that error says. Also check if you have all required software installed (look at "Requirements" in this thread)

If i Load my game there is a Warning at the right top of the window which says:

user posted image

Graphix14

Awesome, but my problem is, when it's raining, I press F12 but it says: It's not raining, isn't it? and Niko doesn't pull out his umbrella.

_hax
Awesome, but my problem is, when it's raining, I press F12 but it says: It's not raining, isn't it? and Niko doesn't pull out his umbrella.

I don't pull out my umbrella when it's not raining, do you? wink.gif

So does Niko. He will only equip his umbrella during rainy weather

AngelGTX

hay man. help me,it is not working with path 1.0.4.0. confused.gif

_hax
hay man. help me,it is not working with path 1.0.4.0. confused.gif

and it won't. sorry sad.gif

.net scripthook works max with 1.0.2.0 I suppose

Graphix14

... I pull out my umbrella when ITS RAINING. But Niko doesn't pull it out. At the top left corner of the screen it says It's not raining, isn't it? BUT IT IS!

AngelGTX

I want this mod worked with new path. convert to alice mod plizz confused.gif

AngelGTX

up

neshy334455

If he converts it to Alice (aka .Lua) then you will not be able to edit the keys of witch it to work and i do not think lua supports keys.

Nice mod you are a pro at scripts.

_hax

Is anybody interested in this mod working on 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.4.0? I dunno if I should convert it (since it isn't too popular)

Fishie

I haven't had the chance to try this mod (Just found out about it nervous.gif )

It sounds WAY COOL! I'd love it if you would update it to 1.0.4.0! I'd use it without a doubt.

One question though, does it work and synchronize in multiplayer? That would be insanely cool. Even if it's only singleplayer though, I'd definitely get it! biggrin.gif

Overwatch

I'd like to see this updated, especially if it syncs with multiplayer. At least there's two people who would use it. (Not to mention greatly appreciate the update!)

_hax

Ok,

-RELEASED-

I don't know wether it works in multiplayer or not, but in single works great biggrin.gif

Fishie

Sweet biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Overwatch

Hey, I want to reassign the hotkeys for this mod but I have no clue where to find a list that's compatible - or how to do it within the .settings file. Can you help?

EDIT: Just to confirm, this mod does not work in multiplayer. It works locally, but it will not show up for other players. i.e. You hold the umbrella like it were any other item, smoking does not display at all, etc.

Edited by Overwatch