4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Do PC version has less graphics?

hetment

Hey all, i play vice city very funnly, and even i have it on ps2, In ps2 i see better graphics? WTf? on pc not that much! i have 1024x743 something resolution and its highets my monitor can support and my ps2 is very big resolution Tv .... Anyways this matters with resolution or theres a patch or something which can make my settings high dontgetit.gif

What are you system specs? If you have a system that only meats the minimum system requirements, your not going to have as good graphics compare to if your system met the recommended system requirements. Make sure to include your graphics card.

Have you tried changing the graphic settings to high and things like that? .

What does it look like?? Post a screen shot.

That resolution on the PC should look better then any TV-- VC only looks slightly better on my PS3 displayed on my HD plasma... and only because I think the HDMI cable has better signal throughput then my old S-video cable I used before.

If there are specific issues please describe them.

ok i post screenshot of my vc- pc screenshot and my system specs are way way past then recommened.. They are -

intel core 2 [email protected],2gb ram, and 8400GS 512mb card with latest drivers installed.....and direct x 9.0c something like

screenshots - user posted image

user posted image

What are you using for a monitor? An old CRT or a LCD?

About a year ago I made the switch from my old CRT to a LCD and for me the color difference was amazing. The LCD was so much more viberent. Those pictures there look basically the same as VC did for me on the my CRT.

What are you playing your PS2 on? A normal TV or a LCD/Plasma?

You may have higher res available - go into options before entering the game (rather than exiting to menu in-game), and you may find that the screen resolution can be changed (not greyed out like it is in your screenshot).

Though to honest your display looks pretty respectable as it stands - there are limits to what you can get out of a game this old. I'd turn the brightness down a little (this will add some contrast), but that's a matter of taste.

Well my tv is lcd tounge.gif and my monitor simply old crapped 2001 monitor which can only support upto 1024x734 sad.gif . I know i can change resolution in options but it never go up than that though..........

it would likely look better with a better monitor-- your video card looks to be fine-- if you are having some display issues, you might want to look into your card settings-- not sure if you can tweak anthing in there... it probably would not hurt to look through our pinned thread "buglist"-- perhaps something in there will jump out at you to try.

that resolution is higher then a SD TV can display--

Spuds i ahev a question to ask...... Is Anti Aniliasing available in vice city? dontgetit.gif . Because my san andreas ahs it

Spuds i ahev a question to ask...... Is Anti Aniliasing available in vice city? dontgetit.gif . Because my san andreas ahs it

Anti Aliasing is not available in VC or III-only SA. But VC does have better graphics on PC than it does on the PS2, and in my opinion, VC looks more 3-D on PC than it does on PS2.

I don't know but thankfully radioman did wink.gif

Just so you know, I play VC mainly on PS2 (PS3 now-- and now rarely even fire up VC-- I play IV pretty much exclusively now)-- I still love VC thoguh....-- I did get a copy of VC for PC for free from my brother in law so have it installed on a PC with integrated video-- game runs ok although I haven't played it a huge amount (I did go through the game quite a bit with Dems code tools to test out some stuff but other then that, haven't played it a whole lot)-- my game looks ok, I can't go to a very high resolution.

I know the basics of PC issues mainly from just seeing the same questions over and over again.

I do ask that any of you that are know knowledgeable about the PC version that ever see anthing that should be added to the pinned buglist, please let me or Flicko know and we will edit that post to get it added-- the bug lists (with solutions) were intended to be a continuous work in progress....

thanks

Spuds....

• 1 month later...