4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
smokeythedemon

New 1.0.4.0 bug..

Question

smokeythedemon

So I just installed the new patch, running fine no difference from the 1.0.3.0. Except as I kept playing I noticed something weird, the NPC's ragdoll (Euphoria) would randomly just collapse as soon as I get close with my car.. BUT I don't even touch them.. I took a video off of xfire so you can see what I'm talkin about - Xfire video

Plus my water is bugged also, but it was like that before I updated. confused.gif

28 answers to this question

Lollercoaster
So I just installed the new patch, running fine no difference from the 1.0.3.0. Except as I kept playing I noticed something weird, the NPC's ragdoll (Euphoria) would randomly just collapse as soon as I get close with my car.. BUT I don't even touch them.. I took a video off of xfire so you can see what I'm talkin about - Xfire video

Plus my water is bugged also, but it was like that before I updated. confused.gif

if your water is bugged, go to nVidia control panel and set "Texture filtering" to quality. (That is if you have nVidia)

For that ragdoll issue, I've never seen it and I have patch 1.0.4.0...must be something locally with your computer...

Sventilator

that car just produces too much CO2.. Or Niko didn't shower for a month.. maybe he ate some bad chili the day before..?

Zemmeh
that car just produces too much CO2.. Or Niko didn't shower for a month.. maybe he ate some bad chili the day before..?

noooo that was my joke D:

Well i agree, this car stink too much, or it might be a ninja-car with deathtouch technic!

smokeythedemon

if your water is bugged, go to nVidia control panel and set "Texture filtering" to quality. (That is if you have nVidia)

For that ragdoll issue, I've never seen it and I have patch 1.0.4.0...must be something locally with your computer...

Thanks for the water fix, seems to have fixed it. Also I dunno because I'm pretty sure this didn't happen when I had 1.0.3.0 installed, might be one of my mods (Realistic Car handling, Ultimate Graphics Tweak) but I doubt it..

reloader

I haved like +5 FPS with new patch!

Dcrysis02

LOL at the video,dude.What do you do, if you see a mad driver coming your way?Same thing like if you see a bear.Pretend you're dead, and hope it'll go away. lol.gif

The Horror Is Alive

They're playing dead, hoping Niko won't put a bullet up their ass tounge.gif

smokeythedemon
LOL at the video,dude.What do you do, if you see a mad driver coming your way?Same thing like if you see a bear.Pretend you're dead, and hope it'll go away. lol.gif

Rofl, this is exactly what I thought they were doing the first time I saw it happen. Just made me lol.

smokeythedemon

So does anyone have any clue why this would be happening? Also when I bump into people while I'm walking and Euphoria takes over, their upper torso just goes limp like they're hanging their heads down.. But they try to maintain balance with their legs.. I have no idea why this is happening.

dafour

Thats really something barf8bd.gif

Didnt have this with the new update...

Ah btw did you reinstall the game?

smokeythedemon
Thats really something barf8bd.gif

Didnt have this with the new update...

Ah btw did you reinstall the game?

No, because I'm super lazy tounge.gif but I guess I should try.

High

got the same problem, i don't think reinstalling will help you.

FireItUp

I think it might be the asi loader that's causing the peds to do that. I just removed it from my gta folder and it seems to be working fine now.

EDIT: I'm wrong on it being the asi loader it's the asi file called FileCheckFix.asi that's doing it to me.

Edited by FireItUp

smokeythedemon
I think it might be the asi loader that's causing the peds to do that. I just removed it from my gta folder and it seems to be working fine now.

EDIT: I'm wrong on it being the asi loader it's the asi file called FileCheckFix.asi that's doing it to me.

Thing is, I don't have asi loaders or files in my folder.

High

^that's odd. because i just confirmed fireitup's claim and it's true.

FireItUp

I'd try a clean install then. But for me the problem goes away after deleting the asi loader and that filecheckfix file. My guess would be it's mod related.

smokeythedemon
I'd try a clean install then. But for me the problem goes away after deleting the asi loader and that filecheckfix file. My guess would be it's mod related.

I thought it'd be mod related too.. But the only mods I have right now are realistic driving mod 2.0, and the Environment 3 mod. They wouldn't really have an effect on the peds would they?

FireItUp

I thought it'd be mod related too.. But the only mods I have right now are realistic driving mod 2.0, and the Environment 3 mod. They wouldn't really have an effect on the peds would they?

It's definitely the mods. I just installed the realistic driving mod 2.0 and the peds collapsed to the ground.

dafour

A reinstall and clean patch is gonna fix it,watch my words tounge.gif

mkey82

What method for disabling file check are you using?

smokeythedemon

It's definitely the mods. I just installed the realistic driving mod 2.0 and the peds collapsed to the ground.

Ah damn. Hrmm, why would a driving mod affect the peds? Whatever, I'll just get an earlier version of that mod.

Edit - Actually I just remembered I have Xliveless installed (lol). Which also has an asi loader included. Anyways when I delete the xlive file and launch GTA it says RGSC.exe is missing lol. So I'm pretty sure a reinstall will just fix it for now.

Edited by smokeythedemon

Spider-Vice

Crap! I started to have it too. It's f*cking weird, I'll also submit a video.

Spider-Vice

Here's the video:

Processing done

Edited by Spider-Vice

FireItUp

Ah damn. Hrmm, why would a driving mod affect the peds? Whatever, I'll just get an earlier version of that mod.

I'm not sure why it happens, but the realistic driving mod itself is enough to screw the peds up, so it happens even without the asi loader and that checkfix file.

IMO R* should do a better job on supporting mods instead of this asi loader crap and overwriting files. Most PC games today come with support for mods.

Did you ever see this happening before patch 1.0.4?

Edited by FireItUp

Spider-Vice

It only happened to me on 1.0.4.0 And I don't have mods apart from XLiveLess.

smokeythedemon

I'm not sure why it happens, but the realistic driving mod itself is enough to screw the peds up, so it happens even without the asi loader and that checkfix file.

IMO R* should do a better job on supporting mods instead of this asi loader crap and overwriting files. Most PC games today come with support for mods.

Did you ever see this happening before patch 1.0.4?

I'm 100% sure it didn't happen. I recently installed the game, patched up to 1.0.3.0, played abit, then installed 1.0.4.0 and it started happening. With the same mods.

SWEETSAPRIK
I'm having almost the same problem, but they aren't completely collapsing, they're just "losing balance" for a second as if I grazed them. Didn't happen before 1.0.4.0. No mods at all here. sad.gif

OverTheBelow

I've got the same problem, but I only have an asi loader, simple trainer and file check fix. wow.gif