ATI Catalyst 9.6 Out!

nemesi5

Downloading now. Hopefully this will solve some of the problems the previous one caused. smile.gif

davetheshrew
Someone already tested if it improved IV or something already? biggrin.gif

i got cat 9.6 a week ago on guru3d forum, nice improvements accross all games ive tried, also its been updated with lots of new opengl extentions

Officer_Dufus

That's nice, still only 9.3 for us with "older" cards such as the 1950xt........

With 9.5 GTA IV sometimes crashed in the middle of a game and it would cause my XP to crash with bsod and all that!

After updating to 9.6, no problems at all! Nice!

babarian225

This Driver worked well with my new CrossFire Setup....

Unfortnately GTA IV doesnt use Crossfire:

55fps.....Single Card

53fps.....Crossfire

Cockstar Explain that

I just installed this driver. I'll fire up IV now and see if I notice any difference (the latest patch didn't make any difference, btw).

Edit: Well, I didn't get any fps boost, but the gameplay seemed a lot smoother than before. Also, my fps seemed very stable around the 35 mark with only few fluctuations. Satisfactory, I would say. smile.gif

Edited by girishb

Hey! i got an HD3850 and i think i am running 8.10 drivers now, so is 9.6 GOOD for my HD3850? i mean when i had 9400GT some drivers is not fitting the 9400GT (jsut some gtx260 series)

Reply asap smile.gif

Hey! i got an HD3850 and i think i am running 8.10 drivers now, so is 9.6 GOOD for my HD3850? i mean when i had 9400GT some drivers is not fitting the 9400GT (jsut some gtx260 series)

Reply asap smile.gif

You'll have to try it out for yourself, mate. The 9.1 drivers did not work for me so I went back to the version 8 drivers that I originally had. But this 9.6 seems to have worked perfectly for me.

If you encounter any issues, you can always rollback to the previous driver version.

Reply asap smile.gif

I have the same card as you and the driver works fine.

Sent from my ayePhone