4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|IV] EditIV

myster92

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have no idea what the "Atmosphere -> Clouds" values are for. But check out "Other Parameters -> DeDensity Clouds" (changes farclip of clouds), "Other Parameters -> DeDensity Clouds2? "(somewhat controls amount of clouds). Other things in the Other Parameters menu affect the clouds too, I forgot which ones though, just experiment with the values.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

if its a virus , why is it approved on GTAGarage? It's a false positive , and your AV detects itbecause EditIV only does its purpose and that's injecting itself into timecyc files in IV and editing them. And that's how Antivirus software is programmed , it detects anything that injects itself into any of the files...to prevent attacks.

Edited by GTARandom
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is update for TimeCycReloader: http://openiv.com/public/TimeCycReloader.zip

Support the following versions:

• GTA IV 1.0.7.0
  • EfLC 1.1.2.0

With TimecycIV have plug-in TimeCycReloader, allowing to check changes without exit from game. Change parameters in TimecycIV,

save and press F5 ingame, Timecyc.dat will be reloaded. Need ASI-Loader.(Place to main

directory of Gta IV) Big thanks to Alexander Blade!

Edited by GooD-NTS

Also thank me for reminding them to update it tounge.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i used editiv for handling until recently but i noticed something that made me change for Handling editor back again . EditIV is a great tool no doubt about that i canno't do without it for timecyc for example but i explain . i compared my editiv handling modified file with original one . and i saw there was several diferences in both files structures (categories etc ..) . i thought these details where insignifient and editiv did everything nice . but i decided to add default file structure (categories etc ..) to my modified file to see what happens . and when i started the game everything was smoother

The links really need an update. I wonder why Myster doesn't bother to update his mod files in GTAGarage. That place is where I trust.

I tried downloading from other sites and the virus thing is driving me crazy.

Edited by Limiter

Thank your for the reply. smile.gif Now I can try to alter timecyc.

Oh, by the way, I heard that some people mod timecyc along with VisualIV. Like IV:SA mod. How does that work? Isn't visualIV already a timecyc mod, meaning no need to mod on top of visualIV? Or is it such that VisualIV is a mod with no timecyc affiliation?

• 4 months later...
PacketOverload_x64bit

GTA-Downloads.com has all three versions. I'm moving over to this as using TimeCYCIV didn't save changes of 14 hours of timecyc editing. Well, didn't save some changes. I don't know why it didn't save my cloud colors. Not happy. Anyway.

Here is that DOWNLOAD LINK to EditIV 1.1.5 and the other versions of the file.

PS: Anyone have an updated Unk_P.ini ???

-P

GTA-Downloads.com has all three versions. I'm moving over to this as using TimeCYCIV didn't save changes of 14 hours of timecyc editing. Well, didn't save some changes. I don't know why it didn't save my cloud colors. Not happy. Anyway.

-P

i use EditIV latest version (1.2.8) with the timecyc reloader script myself and never ever had such bug (after hundreds of hours of tweaking) . are you sure the file you were trying to modifiy was the good one and not a backed up version one , i have 4 or 5 GTA IV folders myself (backup , original ..) where i pick up things i need ..

PacketOverload_x64bit

-P

i use EditIV latest version (1.2.8) with the timecyc reloader script myself and never ever had such bug (after hundreds of hours of tweaking) . are you sure the file you were trying to modifiy was the good one and not a backed up version one , i have 4 or 5 GTA IV folders myself (backup , original ..) where i pick up things i need ..

Hey jpm1

Normally don't have this problem either. I am sure it was the in-use timecyc.dat but in review, I noticed it only didn't save the changes to the global reflections. Not so bad. My bad. I thought I'd started tweaking the Sunny again, and adding in distance fog / lighter cloud bottom colors in Sunny, but then decided not to - and then forgot. Boy oh boy, my bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

timecyc file auto loading does not work anymore . i had the program installed on a SSD previously . but i decided to dedicate the SSD for the OS and drivers only . so i reinstalled EditIV on an HDD but since then it doesn't work anymore . i mean it works but it doesn't load files automatically anymore

• 2 years later...

@myster: maybe you should update the timecyc reloader with the one provided by Good. because timecyc reloader of GT4-mods EditIV doesn't work.with EFLC. and it's not F1 BTW but F5

• 4 years later...

is there a timecyc reloader somewhere for the complete edition. because editing the timecyc without this is simply out of reach

• 1 month later...