2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Omnia sunt Communia

Agent

Indi

Might be worth asking then since that's like, 5 years ago :p.

Rucke
Posted (edited)

Yeah, but they're good at ducking these sort of questions. I don't think we will get anything until R* feel that they are ready to talk about the game.

This is what he said when people called in and asked about GTA V before it was announced: "We're not going to announce when we're going to announce it. And we're not going to announce the strategy about announcing it or about when we're going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy. Any other questions?"

Lol!

Edited by Rucke

Indi

Yeah, but they're good at ducking these sort of questions. I don't think we will get anything until R* feel that they are ready to talk about the game.

This is what he said when people called in and asked about GTA V before it was announced: "We're not going to announce when we're going to announce it. And we're not going to announce the strategy about announcing it or about when we're going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy. Any other questions?"

Lol!

Yeah quite true. I do expect a response like that if I or someone rings in... although, it might be good to for him to take some notice that some people are still wondering what is going on with this game.

Spider-Vice

Yes, those were found all the way back in 2010 or 2011 in Leigh's portfolio.

Spider-Vice

Found in RDR: /tune/settings/agent.fx

https://pastebin.com/FNGFZd4T

References to helibombs, SMG's, rockets, briefcases. Also something about a jailhouse which is likely one of the scenarios that is in the leaked pictures. File in the pastebin in case someone else finds more stuff as the file is large.

Edit: police sirens and "electric floors".

Edited by Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

On a no-name (hash not decrypted) file in the same RDR directory. Agent mission names?

NumMissions 15"Four_Wheeled_Favor""proving_ground""Hot_Box""Pure_Intercept""dc_kiss_intel""DC_Snap_Shot""Political_Punch""Jet_Set_Society""Pulp_Friction""Suspect_Tail""tick_tock""Hard_Rock""chemco_test_drive""dc_evasion""dc_playground"

BlackScout

These are some hot finds!!

Jason

It sounds so James Bond-y man, could have been a great game.

Spider-Vice

I'm actually speculating this could've been for San Diego's original Agent game for the PS2 and not North's game. Also makes sense because they would likely be using the AGE (Angel Studios at the time) engine they used in the Midnight Club games, explaining why these files are appearing on the RDR RAGE engine, since it was developed since like 2005.

I say this because in one of the files...

DC_bk_01_grass_detail.tex {	ps2_bias -1.4	ps2_inclination 0
Edited by Spider-Vice

Vrock_wave

excellent finds I'm sure that there should be more things that are hidden in the rdr from the agent

Arnold165

Interesting finds. I wonder if we'll ever going see Agent be released. It's been a loooong time

Rucke

On a no-name (hash not decrypted) file in the same RDR directory. Agent mission names?

NumMissions 15"Four_Wheeled_Favor""proving_ground""Hot_Box""Pure_Intercept""dc_kiss_intel""DC_Snap_Shot""Political_Punch""Jet_Set_Society""Pulp_Friction""Suspect_Tail""tick_tock""Hard_Rock""chemco_test_drive""dc_evasion""dc_playground"

Nice find! Could "dc" maybe stand for Washington DC?

Piggsy pls

"Pulp Friction" that's so Rockstar. :lol:

GTAFanClub

Very cool stuff Spider-Vice!

Indi

"Pulp Friction" was actually a beta mission for "GTA III" (source: https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ekgymjzmwvg3c9alurrz.jpg; top-left). Maybe it went into "Agent" but who knows. Nevertheless, a nice find.

I find it painful that there is more information in the files of these games than anything R* has said. Quite disappointing.

I always wanted to know whether "Agent" was going to be open-world or more linear based like Max Payne. If you find anything about that, please share. Although, I always envisioned it as a linear third-person shooter that was story-based... in my head anyway :p.

Edited by Indi

Jestic

I always wanted to know whether "Agent" was going to be open-world or more linear based like Max Payne. If you find anything about that, please share. Although, I always envisioned it as a linear third-person shooter that was story-based... in my head anyway :p.

Based on the level design of these images I would definitely say 'linear'. Maybe not as linear as 'go from point A to B' but more like Hitman where it's a small level where you can roam around in.

Indi

Based on the level design of these images I would definitely say 'linear'. Maybe not as linear as 'go from point A to B' but more like Hitman where it's a small level where you can roam around in.

Yeah, that makes sense -- never really looked into those images too much. Hah, I find it funny how more information about "Agent" can be pieced together from these bits of information. I think at this point most of the game has already been spoiled. We can tell that it would have taken you to a variety of places, you played as a spy (very likely anyway), it was set during the "Cold War" and it was going to be linear-based.

If R* ever end up releasing it, they'll have to change the game radically I think... perhaps that's exactly what they'll do. Some people from R* also have definitely seen this thread -- no doubt about it.

The only big spoilers we don't know is the story. "Cold War" and "espionage" is just about what we got.

Also, I can't remember where on-earth I read it or how I got this, but the "GTA: SA" mission "Vertical Bird" was taken from the PS2 build of Agent (take this with a hint of salt, mind you; I'm no insider):

Some ideas from "Agent" were placed into "GTA." R* have used this game basically for finishing off the scraps in GTA I think. I always had a funny feeling the "JB-700" car in "GTA V" was from Agent too. Plus, for some reason... I feel the movie set in that game also is from "Agent" as well. It has a very "Venice" feel in my opinion (I dunno, you be the judge: https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/d/dd/Backlot_City_GTAVpc_Deep_Inside_Outdoor_Set.png/revision/latest?cb=20150622055703), like James Bond.

Just an opinion the "Backlot City" sh*t by the way... but the stuff I said above isn't unbelievable either. Replace "Vertical Bird" with a foreign setting with foreign accents and different character models and you would have a stealth-based mission that would lend well to a spy game. Same thing for Backlot City and that mission from "GTA V" also (the badass mission where you act as a spy and steal the "JB-700" :D).

Edited by Indi

Spider-Vice

Not sure about Vertical Bird, but the movie set does looks like it was taken from Agent directly. Let's remember GTA V does seem to have have Agent leftovers but they're only a few textures and nothing else, no code or maps or anything. At least it isn't seen ingame or anything and it says Agent Test Reel.

On V PC: x64a.rpf\textures\analogueoverlay.ytd

uYvn3yK.png

gFnhLxp.png

fR1l357.png

iLPgKFV.png

autPb3V.png

etc.

Not to mention there have been finds for Agent in the modern RAGE engine in MP3 as seen earlier in this thread.

Indi

Yes I wonder if we will see anything in RDR2 of Agent. Maybe.

mombo2811

Yes I wonder if we will see anything in RDR2 of Agent. Maybe.

Probably not agent was made for ps3 those assets would be very outdated

Rucke

Interesting!

Zello

Zac Cox...ugh

Indi
Posted (edited)

sh*t the guy figured it out 2 days before me :lol:. So weird though.

Edited by Indi

Lock n' Stock
Posted (edited)

I know Rockstar can be a bit dodgy with sharing info upon a game's announcement, but I'm going to make the educated guess that this game is dead. Think about it, since it's "announcement" we've had like 4 or 5 major releases from Rockstar, and we STILL know very little about what this game will or would have been about (aside from some leaked concept art and level maps). I mean f*cking hell, even it's official website still lists it as coming to PS3, and that's the OLD logo with the "Spider-Man" font.

I mean, the least they could do is just admit to us that it's cancelled. Shame, the concept sounds really intriguing.

Edited by Lock N' Stock

Hmmm nice bike

I think it's definitely safe to guess at this point that Agent is dead in the water, for the reasons that you mentioned plus the fact that some of Rockstar's other games seemed to reuse some resources and assets from Agent and its various builds. I guess that was just their way of trying to salvage whatever they could from a project that they figured would never be completed. It must have been an ambitious title for its time, given how long development took (and I'm sure other projects took precedence over it, pushing it back even further).

The fact that they never announced any cancellation despite the official announcement reminds me of the time Volition announced "Saints Row: Drive By" and then completely forgot about it. Maybe they figure nobody cares or that most people have forgotten about Agent by now?

BlueDeadpool

*eye emoji*

mombo2811
Posted (edited)

How can this be true when Yan2295 said that Bully 2 would be next after RDR 2 and all of the images you used in your article are from other leaks and concept art So hmmm who should i believe a creditable leaker with a good track record or a fan site that are just using their this source for clicks :monocle:

April 1st today hmmm thinking

Edited by mombo2811

Efreet

No way that'll happen, and by that I mean the Spring 2019 release. Not enough time to announce the game and release it in the typical Rockstar fashion, which you have to believe won't change. I can believe that it might be in development again, but a release date would at least be 1 year apart from Redemption II, and more likely more than that. It'd have been more believable if their source leaked actual new screenshots/documents from the game.