2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Omnia sunt Communia

Agent

universetwisters

I worked on Agent and there isn't a whole lot more to be seen other than what has already leaked.

"Alpine" was basically a demo of the combat and stealth mechanics while the "Desert" demo was more about ambience and sound design. Desert was much further along than Alpine with a relatively complete urban setting.

So what happened to Agent?

The short answer is that the clusterf*cks that were the development of RDR and L.A. Noire sucked all the resources out of Agent and once those titles had shipped GTA V was demanding everyone's resources.

My uncle's brother works at Rockstar and he says you're full of sh*t unless you prove it.

D T

That guy isn't lying. We know for a fact both RDR and LAN were in development hell during that time. When a game is near completion and/or having development trouble, the other Rockstar studios jump in to help. If Agent had actually made it far into development, Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned it like they did.

Edited by D T

kiveress

If Agent had actually made it far into development, Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned it like they did.

Who said they did?

mombo2811

If Agent had actually made it far into development, Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned it like they did.

Who said they did?

Uh I dont know we havent heard anything new about the game since it was announced?

kiveress

Uh I dont know we havent heard anything new about the game since it was announced?

True as well as they never claimed it's been canceled. Last concept arts were made in 2013

so at the 2013 they were assured in game enough to order new concept arts. Only difference

happend that RDR2 became next game after GTA5 not Agent.

mombo2811

True as well as they never claimed it's been canceled. Last concept arts were made in 2013

so at the 2013 they were assured in game enough to order new concept arts. Only difference

happend that RDR2 became next game after GTA5 not Agent.

Where did you hear that from

kiveress

GTAFanClub told me.

mombo2811

GTAFanClub told me.

Ah yes was it his friend who has a uncle who works at rockstar? Thanks for confirming..

kiveress

Ah yes was it his friend who has a uncle who works at rockstar? Thanks for confirming..

Since it was him who posted these arts, it's not fairly enough?
Or possibility that he had some info in addition to them is unbelievable for you?
P.S If you mean, does that confirm that game was in development in 2013,
no, it doesn't. But fact that he's only one who leaked this pretty unique art
gives him some credibility at least in my eyes.
Edited by kiveress

mombo2811

Since it was him who posted these arts, it's not fairly enough?

Or possibility that he had some info in addition to them is unbelievable for you?

P.S If you mean, does that confirm that game was in development in 2013,

no, it doesn't. But fact that he's only one who leaked this pretty unique art

gives him some credibility at least in my eyes.

What leaks? He only showed stuff we already knew about or that had talked about before... Edited by mombo2811

GTAFanClub

Hey Mombo, do you realize how foolish you sound?

Kiveress, just ignore that child.

universetwisters

That guy isn't lying. We know for a fact both RDR and LAN were in development hell during that time. When a game is near completion and/or having development trouble, the other Rockstar studios jump in to help. If Agent had actually made it far into development, Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned it like they did.

You're literally saying what we've already known for years, as is the faker. If he really works for Rockstar, he should prove it with something other than repeating something all of us know already.

mombo2811

Im a leAKER

https://twitter.com/bully2info

GTAFanClub

Im a leAKER

lol I never even said i'm a leaker nor do I consider myself one. Someone just shared their concept art from a ex-Rockstar employee with me and I was generous enough to share some of them with everyone. Lets see what stuff you got from Rockstar.

D T

You're literally saying what we've already known for years, as is the faker. If he really works for Rockstar, he should prove it with something other than repeating something all of us know already.

Bro you're literally the same guy who thought CarsonGT was a faker. We didn't know Alpine and Desert were demonstration levels. There's clearly not much else to share about the game's short lifecycle.

mombo2811

Im a leAKER

lol I never even said i'm a leaker nor do I consider myself one. Someone just shared their concept art from a ex-Rockstar employee with me and I was generous enough to share some of them with everyone. Lets see what stuff you got from Rockstar.

"I was generous enough" lmfao .... ok if you say so ...

Ok here are some never seen before artwork of Bully 2 my source told me not to share these but because of the whole take two modding fiasco he said he it was ok this time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/BBNLf

GTAFanClub

Im a leAKER

"I was generous enough" lmfao .... ok if you say so ...

Ok here are some never seen before artwork of Bully 2 my source told me not to share these but because of the whole take two modding fiasco he said he it was ok this time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/BBNLf

Haha why are you so mad? Is it because I actually contributed to this site other than arguing for no reason?

Why don't you be civil and PM me if you have a problem so people don't have to read your nonsense.

Ash_735

Hey everyone, just to reference an earlier point by D T where he said that Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned aGENT if it was this far into development, you'd be surprised just how much gets chucked out concept wise in game development. I have no connection with GTAfanclub or whatever but using my past knowledge I can say that aGENT has been in production and shelved multiple times, as was Bully II, it doesn't mean they HAVE to get released, it just means that these titles were being worked on at multiple points and were stopped/resumed for various reasons.

As for what's next, again using the knowledge I had previously (which has already changed slightly) neither aGENT or Bully II were lined up for the remainder of this generation, it did confirm RDR2, a new IP, and then GTA Next in that order (bear in mind before RDR2 it had 3 SP DLC expansions for GTAV, 2 on last gen and 1 for next gen and we all saw what happened there).

mombo2811

Hey everyone, just to reference an earlier point by D T where he said that Rockstar wouldn't have abandoned aGENT if it was this far into development, you'd be surprised just how much gets chucked out concept wise in game development. I have no connection with GTAfanclub or whatever but using my past knowledge I can say that aGENT has been in production and shelved multiple times, as was Bully II, it doesn't mean they HAVE to get released, it just means that these titles were being worked on at multiple points and were stopped/resumed for various reasons.

As for what's next, again using the knowledge I had previously (which has already changed slightly) neither aGENT or Bully II were lined up for the remainder of this generation, it did confirm RDR2, a new IP, and then GTA Next in that order (bear in mind before RDR2 it had 3 SP DLC expansions for GTAV, 2 on last gen and 1 for next gen and we all saw what happened there).

Where is your proof?

Guys gta 6 has been put on hold because me , mombo2811 said so pls believe me

Jestic

Where is your proof?

Nobody will give out their sources because you will lose your source of information. And no (ex-)R* employee is going to give proof because they would lose their job, or would otherwise get into legal trouble

If you been here long enough you will know who's reliable and who's not, Ash is the former.

GTAFanClub

Exactly. I would gladly show my proof but that means I will lose my source. Some people just don't understand that.

Efreet

Two more titles for the remainder of this generation? That's too ambitious at R*'s current output rate. They might as well do GTA next to score another cross-gen behemoth. Spring-Fall 2020? Assuming that's a possible release window for new consoles. If it's 2019, then RDR2 will possibly take the cross-gen seat.

Edited by Efreet

deadasdisco

Two more titles for the remainder of this generation? That's too ambitious at R*'s current output rate. They might as well do GTA next to score another cross-gen behemoth. Spring-Fall 2020? Assuming that's a possible release window for new consoles. If it's 2019, then RDR2 will possibly take the cross-gen seat.

thats what ash means... GTA 6 is planned to be cross gen. I'd say imo RDR 2 will likely have an enhanced copy when new generation arrives.

mombo2811

Exactly. I would gladly show my proof but that means I will lose my source. Some people just don't understand that.

yeah thanks for explaining think i understand now :cookie::cookie:

Indi

Can't help but play with either a JB 700 or a Stromberg whilst it's got a snow skin on GTA: Online and think of Agent :/.

Those f*cking concept arts man.

Edited by Indi

BurnettVice

Who do think should do the soundtrack? My pick would be Giorgio Moroder and Goblin.

Indi

Has anyone ever thought about ringing up Take-Two during the shareholders meetings and asking about this title? It would be interesting to hear what Strauss has to say about it.

Rucke

Has anyone ever thought about ringing up Take-Two during the shareholders meetings and asking about this title? It would be interesting to hear what Strauss has to say about it.

"We haven't announced anything about that title yet". That was his reply last time someone called in and asked about Agent.

Edited by Rucke

Indi

How long ago was that?

Rucke

How long ago was that?

2012 :lol: