2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Replays too short if FPS is high

Well I started to play vice city not long time ago, I got a really good computer and I am stunting...

I want to save my stunts and then record them from differrent camera angles - but if I save a replay using F2 it is really short, though if I turn FrameLimiter on then the replay gets really long which is what I want, but I can't stunt with framelimiter since it's only 30fps and I need atleast 150.... (needed for best results of stunting)..... I have 240 without the framelimiter but the replays are too short as I said - is there anyway to have long replays and have high fps at the same time?

I searched for an answer all over the web - couldn't find one.....

Edited by omering

Have you come across this oh-so-popular application software - Fraps?

Most PC gamers who wish to record their game use this device, it is guaranteed to be one of the best video recording soft-wares around. Take a look at this quote-

Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game?  Come join the Machinima revolution!  Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy!  Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 with custom frame rates from 10 to 100 frames per second!

The game might have a limit of 30fps, regardless how great the computer is. Unlike San Andreas where achieving over 50 and 100 fps is possible. Stunt and record with your 30fps.

The game might have a limit of 30fps, regardless how great the computer is. Unlike San Andreas where achieving over 50 and 100 fps is possible. Stunt and record with your 30fps.

It's impossible to stunt with 30fps.... taxi jumping is like half high.... all bumps and jumps are also really low and it's hard to pull good wheelies.....

The game doesn't have this limit urban, it only does when you turn frame limiter on....

and flicko I know what Fraps is, read my post again:

"I want to save my stunts and then record them from differrent camera angles"

means I need them in a replay, and my problem is that the replay is too short if I turn flame limiter off.

*blink*

I was under the impression that turning off the frame limiter would lead to a "more variable" rate of speed? E.g. running Vice City at 90fps would make everything run at three times the speed and completely unplayable, rather than smoother animation Counter-Strike style.

"I want to save my stunts and then record them from differrent camera angles"

means I need them in a replay, and my problem is that the replay is too short if I turn flame limiter off.

If you want different camera angles, all you have to do is change it manually in game-the default key is either C or V, i haven't played VC in a while, so i'm not totally sure about if it's C or V to control camera angles.

Regardless of the fps, all replays should be 30-seconds, unless you press the F2(replay button) again to stop it. Everytime I use the replay editor, it always saves 30-second clips-with or without the frame limiter. But the best thing to do is use Fraps-V1.9d is the totally free version, and record the stunts you want to do and just change the camera angles manually by using the camera key-either C or V. I suggested fraps 1.9d, because it is the only Free one that has no recording restrictions, whereas the current version you can only record 30-seconds per video in Free mode. Hope this helps. smile.gif

Wow you guys just don't get it...

I can't stunt with those camera angles - I need to SAVE the replay so I can replay it from differrent angles after, I cannot RECORD while stunting cause it makes the game really laggy and this is NOT releated to FRAPS.

I only asked if you know how to SAVE (F2) a replay without framelimiter and have it long...

By the way, it's short because it saves cordinates and all data per frame, and it has a limited amount of data the replay can hold, so saving a replay with 240 FPS makes it save more data for shorter time, then the replay is short, so if I'm with 30 FPS it saves a lot less data per second, and the replay is long.

is there anyway to stop this limit? I know there is one cause if there wasn't there wern't so many professional Vice City stunting videos like this one:

Wow you guys just don't get it...

I can't stunt with those camera angles - I need to SAVE the replay so I can replay it from differrent angles after, I cannot RECORD while stunting cause it makes the game really laggy and this is NOT releated to FRAPS.

I only asked if you know how to SAVE (F2) a replay without framelimiter and have it long...

By the way, it's short because it saves cordinates and all data per frame, and it has a limited amount of data the replay can hold, so saving a replay with 240 FPS makes it save more data for shorter time, then the replay is short, so if I'm with 30 FPS it saves a lot less data per second, and the replay is long.

is there anyway to stop this limit? I know there is one cause if there wasn't there wern't so many professional Vice City stunting videos like this one:

I get it, but can't really help I don't think-- what is it doing with the frame limiter on? I never really messed with this-- I know I've seen plenty of stunts that were pretty long "scenes" from various angles...

Perhaps you should look in the vid clips section-- maybe email somebody that stunts and has posted recently-- I know Nitzkit is pretty knowledgeable of the game (stunts and does some modding)-- so he might be able to help you... he posted here not too long ago.

For those of you out there... most stunters use the replay function get their desired camera angle for the stunt in the replay and record this into fraps...

You might need to ask this in the modding section.

Here's a link to nitzkit's profile - here. You can try to PM him or any other GTA-stunter whose registered on GTAF (like kan_eda1373, Southern Finest, Darkness_bjf, lord_peres, Samurai_Ohk as well as Urban Legend). Though, for the most part, I wouldn't have high hopes apart from Urban Legend, since he has actually replied to this topic. If nobody replies, you can always try to contact them on YouTube, by finding their channels via the Movies & Video Clips topic.

I was going to post a link to the ATS stunt Crews website, but their board seems to be temporarily offline.

and a solution-- this might be a good addition to the pinned buglist thread...