Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,868 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

lscratcher

New WINDOWS LIVE update

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?  

381 members have voted

1. 1. How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

• No change it was fine before the update and is fine now
    • The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering
    • I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse
    • I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed
    • I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless

Question

lscratcher

a new patch or update is out for the game i dont know whatis it?

Apo-TTCC

I've changed the title of the topic to prevent confusion, this obviously isn't an update to GTA 4 but an update to windows live.  I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering.  I am beginning to wonder if the real culprit for all the problems that people are having is actually down to games for windows live.

Ah well I guess the first mod I ever use will be the xliveless mod.

I've already posted this last year. In one review they said there was no GFWL or RSGSC needed to play, just the one time activation. They had no performance issues at all like most of the people with the retail version later.

But if xliveless stops GFWL and RSGSC properly (which it seems to) then shouldn't we be getting better performance, because I don't

Or does xliveless just bypass without actually stopping them properly?

Just noticed that and guessed, since they had no problems without them, it might be the two programms that are causing some kind of problems. Compared to their (p)review version that did not have GFWL and RSGSC.

Terexes

same here the patch won't download anything ?

why they are so mean to us ? at least they can tell if there is a long patch to download ?

why do we need to be confused so much dammit .

Dcrysis02
So MS just messed up GTA IV only, my Fallout 3, Warhammer 40k DoW 2 still runs fine. They better not mess with Fallout 3 when new DLC comes.

OFF:Hey,Copper,wanna do a co-op match later on in DoWII?

ON:I was at work so i guess this update is a pile of **** with GTAIV.They didn't test it probably with the game.Relic posted a message on their boards that an update will occur this day,and that no issues were found with DoWII,so it got a green light.R* and M$ ignored GTAIV?

Zanantic

gta4 stutters like a dying dog now

OabAli

Haven't played GTA IV for a couple of days, and based on all ur responses, I'll be damned if I'm going to start playing it again, in order to avoid this craptacular "update" of Microsh*t's Games for Windows Live. angry.gifsuicidal.gif

Just hope that things don't get any worse than they are now...

Apo-TTCC

Pretty weired that M$ needs like one week to check if a GTA IV patch is up to their standards but on the other hand they totally mess the game up with their own GFWL client and did not notice/care about it... dozingoff.gif

MadManForever

[email protected] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sh*t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]@SHlT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant Play Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Somebody Post to MicroSHlT about This SHlT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After R* patch we try to play better... ...and again another SHlT.... How Much SHlT we wait more??????????????????????????

TheGreyWolf

Hi,

I have same problem like you guys. Yesterday i had a problem with GTA IV, when i went to the second big island (with manhattan), my vga card temp got up to 80+ and the game freeze ( i had to cntrl-alt -dell). on the first island it gets max 70+ also on multiplayer max 70+ so it is playable, but only on bohan and first island.

BUT TODAY, i want to play GTA online and then.

MS live asks to install an update (i think YES! another patch or something that could fix my freeze and temp. problem)

But no, this M$ live update F***ed the whole game. Previously i could play the game on fist island and on multiplayer. But NOW the game stutters and freezes like every 2-3 seconds. I thought my first problem was BAD, but the new problem is WORSE, its even worse then, when i had an older vga card and older cpu. WTF???

By the way these are my pc specs: (maybe someone could help me with my temp isseu and freezing on second island) THANKS

- Cpu: Core 2 Duo E6750 at 2.66 (overclocking doesnt effect gameplay)

- VGA card: Inno3D 8800GT 512mb

- Mobo: ASUS P5B (i think this is causing temp issue)

- Ram: 3.5 GB ram (yeah i know its weird having 3.5 instead of 3 or 4 LOL)

THis is the amount of money i spent to play this game:

8800GT : 70 euro's

CPU Core 2 duo E6750: 100 Euro's

2 GB of ram: 30 euro's

and of course the game itself: 50 F***ing euro's

TOTAL OF: 250 EURO'S FOR A CRAPPY GAME TO only WORK (i had 40 fps average). THIS IS INSANE!!!

AND NOW THIS WEIRD PROBLEM:

How could a live update kill your game, a game which already didnt work really well.

PLZ R*. HEEEEELP

Greetings

Dcrysis02

Well,5 minutes later and the update is running.My machine didn't restart,only DoWII did.Did this update bring anything new besides the stutters in GTAIV?I heard a few new features will be available....

Petarkco

So what version number are we looking for?

Terexes

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

i didn't get anything of you guys ? what's causing the patch to being a g*y ?

ilponn

well same here stutter stutter stutter , and my game ran fine before this live patch sort it out as ap is there a way to play with out live on , i think this is the problem i have no other problems with anyother game only this crap one .

Not a happy customer icon13.gif is microsoft becoming SOE i THINK so you suck .honestly its not even funny

Edited by ilponn

Rallzor
I've changed the title of the topic to prevent confusion, this obviously isn't an update to GTA 4 but an update to windows live. I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering. I am beginning to wonder if the real culprit for all the problems that people are having is actually down to games for windows live.

Ah well I guess the first mod I ever use will be the xliveless mod.

Can we play online with xliveless mod?

MadManForever

edited because the poster is an idiot.

Edited by Waddy

Frostshocker

thanks to this new update i get constant stuttering worse then before and i have lost 5-10 fps depending on time of day

it doesnt seem to stutter on my multiplayer games though but i still have the lower fps in multiplayer.

Scorpus
Can we play online with xliveless mod?

I don't think so, but I've never bothered to check sarcasm.gif

checkmateinc

wow thanks M$ for totally f*cken my game up, right when i got it running at 30 fps avarage. come r*, get rid of thei stupid ass GFWL, what a total and complete piece of sh*t. angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Terexes
wow thanks M$ for totally f*cken my game up, right when i got it running at 30 fps avarage. come r*, get rid of thei stupid ass GFWL, what a total and complete piece of sh*t. angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

stop being silly , i can't even startup the stupid menu !

f*cking microgays piece of sh*ts .

MadManForever

My Game Crashed Finally !!!

user posted image

catspider.gif

To there remained only season a pipe and to HACPATb to the box with the game...

p.s. When Somebody can FIX this problem with this M$ patch post me please ...

Now or Never

Ahhh, you dont have do get the update.Has everyone forgot that?

bored.gifbored.gifbored.gif

richiespeed13

This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

Frostshocker

bored.gifbored.gifbored.gif

in order to play multiplayer yes i do have to get the update...

-jr-

Using Windows LIVE was the worst decision to use in this game. suicidal.gif

Now or Never

bored.gif  bored.gif  bored.gif

in order to play multiplayer yes i do have to get the update...

Well than, this is not my kind of a problem, I dont even touch multiplayer, I use xliveless.

PS: you cant play online with xliveless.

Tompelo

Well, nice job MS....

Firstly, my game freezes for like 1.5 seconds every now and then and it's really annoying.

Secondly, whenever there is even a slight height difference in the terrain, Niko starts floating.

Thirdly, the menu takes ages to load.

First I thought it was some of my mods, but then I deleted all of them. No change.

Hope this get's fixed soon.

adamcs
I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering...

Mine was stuttering before this update, and now it's even worse. From December to March I had no problems running this game whatsoever (literally) and now because of the latest patches it's almost unplayable. I've tried using the memstrict commands suggested by Rockstar, but it only makes a slight difference.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon or I'll be forced to downgrade. sad.gif

kvic
This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

I own 1 thing of Micro$oft that is my OS now if they want to end pc gaming by buying into companies like Rockstar they can, so they can throw crappy updates like this one at you so you have to install it if you want to play online, they dont care if you use a pc for gaming ,as long as Micro$oft keeps getting bigger and they keep buying up a lot of these gaming companies -YOU WILL USE WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO USE- until getting a simple pc game to work gets you so pissed off you go out and buy one of those gaming systems that's all plug and play and before I do that I will stop gaming all together.

Petarkco

I'm only getting very little freezes every 10-30 seconds or so (it becomes unnoticeable after a bit) but, I also have the menu thing (takes 10 seconds to load). I think I might be lucky.

richiespeed13

Kvic, agreed. They have no control over what you do on pc, none at all. But on a console, you are under their control 100%. I guess thats what they want, control...