3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ms.cooldude

GTA3 Unfinished Business

XXI Inc

Hell yeah! I really hope this will be released!

severed

BTW, will this mod prevent me from using my original saves? XXI Inc just taught me that replacing the main.scm file fixes this for me with another mod so im really excited to do that with that mod. but for your mod id like to have a game save with all the islands open to see whats up in your mod

(if not im still goin to check out your mod, just would like to know) tounge2.gif

Edited by severed

yoječ

Old save games won't work with this mod.

severed

ok i figured it would be like that, but thats ok. im still excited for it since im new here and its like perfect timing if it gets a release soon.

i havent been into GTA3 in recent years but my uncle wanted to get my CDs cuz he lost his and i figured id get him some mods if i can find them (and lo and behold i got most of all the ones i had long ago)

but i cant wait to see how this one turns out!! very interesting to see such an old game get so many months of work put into it inlove.gif ive played GTA3 more than any other GTA

Edited by severed

ms.cooldude

Yup as stated the beta shall be released very soon. FAQ is now created which should answer some questions and is on the first page. icon14.gif

Updates:

----------

In Killing Spree, you can now get access to a vehicle at a certain point to destroy those enemies with. The record amount of kills in the mode is also listed in stats now. icon14.gif The only current bug I can find is where the speedometer overlaps the number of kills.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by ms.cooldude

XXI Inc

Great! Goin' to put you on my respect list for this awesome mod!

severed

May I ask you for something?

I currently have 2 versions of GTA3 on my PC. One features the REAL Mod as well as several other mods, the other I keep "Classic" usually with no mods so I can test mods(but currently its running only the Xbox mod). Unfortunatly this can sometimes cause problems with my saves

when I dl GTA3:UB I will probably create a 3rd GTA3 install. So my question is: Would it be possible to have GTA3:UB use a different save directory other then the standard "My Documents/GTA3 User Files?" I have been asking around to change the save folders manually but nobody has been able to respond.

If UB saves in the "My Documents/GTA3 User Files" folder it will really cause me some problems especially since I dont like losing my old game saves. And I already know UB wont be compatible with old saves (which is fine) but thats even more the reason I would like UB to use its own save directory

Thanks turn.gif Cant wait to try this mod it looks tight!

Edited by severed

ms.cooldude
May I ask you for something?

I currently have 2 versions of GTA3 on my PC. One features the REAL Mod as well as several other mods, the other I keep "Classic" usually with no mods so I can test mods(but currently its running only the Xbox mod). Unfortunatly this can sometimes cause problems with my saves

when I dl GTA3:UB I will probably create a 3rd GTA3 install. So my question is: Would it be possible to have GTA3:UB use a different save directory other then the standard "My Documents/GTA3 User Files?" I have been asking around to change the save folders manually but nobody has been able to respond.

If UB saves in the "My Documents/GTA3 User Files" folder it will really cause me some problems especially since I dont like losing my old game saves. And I already know UB wont be compatible with old saves (which is fine) but thats even more the reason I would like UB to use its own save directory

Thanks turn.gif Cant wait to try this mod it looks tight!

The mod not only changes the mission script and the gxt but also a few map files along with a few textures and models so a fresh install would be advised.

I believe the save directory is controled by the exe itself as the config file is created as soon as you start the application instead of when starting the game. Isn't 8 Save files is more than enough for all of your mods? icon14.gif

XXI Inc

I think you can edit the .exe using a hex editor but that is rather complicated.

severed

Isn't 8 Save files is more than enough for all of your mods? icon14.gif

Honostly, IMO for me and many others I know 8 saves is not nearly enough. I never understood why they had to have the PC version follow the console version with the number of saves when PCs have a ton more space. Also I have GTA4 on Xbox360 and you can save over 14 Slots (28 with HDD + Memory card) and if you switch accounts/screennames you get a whole new list of slots so if somebody comes over and wants to play they wont mess up my saves. To me thats more than enough, but i find about 16-20 is perfect tounge2.gif

As XXI Inc stated there is a way to edit the save location. I just will have to find the way out on my own I guess. But I figured since your such an avid modder you would already have known how to do it. confused.gif Oh well Ill figure it out, I just recently got back into GTA3 like a week or 2 ago when my uncle started asking me to get the game back for him(he lost/broke his CDs)

Update: Ive been posting around here for some help with this the other day and nobody has responded, so Im starting to search it out myself and have actually come across away to hex edit the save path for San Andreas. not sure if it will work with GTA3 but in the instructions it points out that, if you do not want to hex edit there is another solution. You can make seperate accounts using Windows XP and install the game per account, giving you multiple save folders, though Im not really into that either tounge2.gif Ill get back to you if I find anything else out

I finally came across something(probably the only tool out there) It says it was made for San Andreas but it works with GTA3 and probably Vice City too! The only thing that sucks is it must be running before/during play otherwise the saves go back to "My Documents" so thats fine, at least I can have it give me new slots for when Im playing your mod (which is all I wanted) If you want to check it out here it is http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=3861 im sure it wont help you as you wernt looking for anything like this, but if you want more information I highly recommend thinking about making your mod have its own save folder since you obviously cant use older game saves. (these links are for manual edits, i think) http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=GTA_SA_Saves ...and... http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=194371

Edited by severed

ms.cooldude
Isn't 8 Save files is more than enough for all of your mods? icon14.gif

Honostly, IMO for me and many others I know 8 saves is not nearly enough. I never understood why they had to have the PC version follow the console version with the number of saves when PCs have a ton more space. Also I have GTA4 on Xbox360 and you can save over 14 Slots (28 with HDD + Memory card) and if you switch accounts/screennames you get a whole new list of slots so if somebody comes over and wants to play they wont mess up my saves. To me thats more than enough, but i find about 16-20 is perfect tounge2.gif

As XXI Inc stated there is a way to edit the save location. I just will have to find the way out on my own I guess. But I figured since your such an avid modder you would already have known how to do it. confused.gif Oh well Ill figure it out, I just recently got back into GTA3 like a week or 2 ago when my uncle started asking me to get the game back for him(he lost/broke his CDs)

Update: Ive been posting around here for some help with this the other day and nobody has responded, so Im starting to search it out myself and have actually come across away to hex edit the save path for San Andreas. not sure if it will work with GTA3 but in the instructions it points out that, if you do not want to hex edit there is another solution. You can make seperate accounts using Windows XP and install the game per account, giving you multiple save folders, though Im not really into that either tounge2.gif Ill get back to you if I find anything else out

I finally came across something(probably the only tool out there) It says it was made for San Andreas but it works with GTA3 and probably Vice City too! The only thing that sucks is it must be running before/during play otherwise the saves go back to "My Documents" so thats fine, at least I can have it give me new slots for when Im playing your mod (which is all I wanted) If you want to check it out here it is http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=3861 im sure it wont help you as you wernt looking for anything like this, but if you want more information I highly recommend thinking about making your mod have its own save folder since you obviously cant use older game saves. (these links are for manual edits, i think) http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=GTA_SA_Saves ...and... http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=194371

To be honest it would be nice if i could change the location but it is a lot of hassle having to open one window and then launching the game. Once the mod is released, the public can decide to do that if they want to. icon14.gif

XXI Inc

That would be nice but it's not necessarily for me.

ms.cooldude

I should be releasing the mod next week! smile.gif

I hope you lot will like it. icon14.gif

XAF226

The additions in this mod look great. icon14.gif

Are you planning to add any more properties?

ms.cooldude
The additions in this mod look great. icon14.gif

Are you planning to add any more properties?

It's a beta so I'll leave it for the moment. There may be one or two afterwards. icon14.gif

XXI Inc

Time for some updates maybe??

severed

hmmmm... well, over 1 week ago she said that a beta should be ready around now

and about 2 weeks before that she said it would only be a week or 2 more ph34r.gif

Edited by severed

ms.cooldude

hmmmm... well, over 1 week ago she said that a beta should be ready around now

and about 2 weeks before that she said it would only be a week or 2 more  ph34r.gif

Sorry, I have been a bit busy with my studies recently and I know I need to release it and I definitely will in a few days. Again I am sorry for the delay. Also I am a guy, it's a common mistake, the 'ms' is pronounced 'm' then 's' turn.gif

I have got updates however. There are new icons for purchasing properties to let the player know the situation of each safehouse.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Regards

Kalvin'

Beta? Its been weeks and still no BETA you promised a BETA And i dont see one! Plz release one smile.gif

XXI Inc
He will most likely release a beta soon!

OmeXr
Beta? Its been weeks and still no BETA you promised a BETA And i dont see one! Plz release one smile.gif

im agree with you, please release something man, atleast the main.scm

XXI Inc

Keeping the old, alive like the subtitle says! tounge.gif

ms.cooldude

There are now three new missions, one new purchasable where you can buy cars for your safehouse and a new hidden package system where you find the secret mananas in exchange for cash. cool.gif

I am still working on the mod guys. icon14.gif

XXI Inc

What can I say? Good luck, sure I can wait!

Darecki

It announces very good, I hope that you will finish this wink.gif I'm waiting for it! icon14.gif

XXI Inc

We are all waiting for the mod, isn't it obvious?

severed

Theres only 3 missions?? Hmmm... if MsCool says its just one or 2 more weeks Im going to give up on this one moto_whistle.gif

Darecki

Severed,

There are now three new missions,

Read carefully.

AFX

I like this. The list of features is huge? When will you release it?

ms.cooldude

1.0 has now been released! icon14.gif

Downloads:

GTAGarage: 1.0 Download

----------

- FIVE new exclusive missions! (Last updated: 27/09/09)

Did the game really end?

- Mysterious Mananas! (Last updated: 27/09/09)

Rare but rewarding to find. If you get bored, find them all.

---------

No media content has been uploaded unfortunately however you can decide to and I would really appreciate it icon14.gif . Enjoy the modification and thanks for your support. A leaderboard has been put up so you can submit your high scores of the killing spree mode. Just make sure you take a snapshot of your high score for proof. biggrin.gif

Gameplay videos of missions would be much appreciated. icon14.gif

Edited by ms.cooldude