2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ms.cooldude

GTA3 Unfinished Business

edgar123

ok now im very confused mercie_blink.gif

i dont know anything about coding so... tounge.gif

well hows the mod going? icon14.gif

EDIT: btw i installed another gta 3 copy for this mod (i allready have one for LCTT mod) so thats why i have now 2 gta3's so you better release this (not ordering just joking tounge.gif) turn.gif

ms.cooldude

Thanks. By the way, I don't want to sound like ass licker but I'm your huge fan, you made all fans of mission coding "worth a while"  icon14.gif

No worries, your ideas are great and it's good to have support towards the mod icon14.gif. It's just that III being an old engine won't have the same opcodes as San Andreas.

Updates:

- Taxi (09/04/09)

Currently at a very alpha stage, don't expect much. It is not possible to call a taxi like in IV. That is why I thought why not create taxi's spawned around the city. Currently I have not added the ability to choose the location to go to. Note that this will also add more ways to spend money in the game. icon14.gif

Legend:

Red - Not done/finished

Green - Complete works/semi-works with fixable bugs

- You can hop into the taxi's with a press of a button.

- You have the ability to travel to a wide range of destinations.

- Taxi starts driving and then the screen fades. You are then at your destination.

- All fares are currently $50

Edited by ms.cooldude

edgar123

HOLY F*CK!

thats AWESOME! nice taxi script!

btw i allready found a pic for the 10 page aniversary dozingoff.gif

user posted image

lol.

Little Psycho
Thanks. By the way, I don't want to sound like ass licker but I'm your huge fan, you made all fans of mission coding "worth a while"  icon14.gif

No worries, your ideas are great and it's good to have support towards the mod icon14.gif. It's just that III being an old engine won't have the same opcodes as San Andreas.

Updates:

- Taxi

Currently at a very alpha stage, don't expect much. It is not possible to call a taxi like in IV. That is why I thought why not create taxi's spawned around the city. Currently I have not added the ability to choose the location to go to.

Legend:

Red - Not done/finished

- Taxi starts driving and then the screen fades. You are then at your destination.

That's just FREAKING AWESOME! I've been dreaming about something like this.

Anyway, I have another idea, but I know it would require lots of work.

BUYING CARS FROM SHOWROOMS!111

I know it's possible, as GhostBear included this in Gta 3 xbox edition mod. But I think it would require hella hard work confused.gif

ms.cooldude

I know it's possible, as GhostBear included this in Gta 3 xbox edition mod. But I think it would require hella hard work confused.gif

Perhaps I could ask them for permission to use it in this mod with credit where its due?

Little Psycho

Perhaps I could ask them for permission to use it in this mod with credit where its due?

That would be awesome...Wait for a second, I will give you link to the topic (I will edit this post)

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=399016

ms.cooldude

That would be awesome...Wait for a second, I will give you link to the topic (I will edit this post)

Thanks for suggesting it. He's given me permission to put his code in with my script icon14.gif

Little Psycho

Thanks for suggesting it. He's given me permission to put his code in with my script icon14.gif

YES YES YES YES YES, THANK GOD

Now perfect thing will be ever more perfect

lol.gif , Im speaking like I would be high

MobBG

Updates:

- Taxi (09/04/09)

Currently at a very alpha stage, don't expect much. It is not possible to call a taxi like in IV. That is why I thought why not create taxi's spawned around the city. Currently I have not added the ability to choose the location to go to. Note that this will also add more ways to spend money in the game. icon14.gif

Legend:

Red - Not done/finished

NICE!!! icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifcatspider.gif

SPAS_12

Damn nice.

ms.cooldude

Thanks everyone for your support. Images are finally up on gtagarage icon14.gif

More is still being added icon14.gif

Little Psycho

Any updatehs on teh mod, rastah? cool.gif

edgar123

any update??

nkjellman

Looks good smile.gif . Ill definitly download it when you release it smile.gif

ms.cooldude

I'm also adding ways to spend and make money.

My plans:

- New side jobs that can earn realistic amounts of money

- Places/buildings which can be bought (Vice City thing). Buying places earns different rewards (Not money suicidal.gif )

The taxi is one I plan to finish making and the car showroom script is put in the script and is working (Thanks Ghost bear icon14.gif )

Gouveia
- Places/buildings which can be bought (Vice City thing). Buying places earns different rewards (Not money suicidal.gif )

You could make assets, or even rackets, like in The Godfather Game. I know, you would get money from them, but you could add that property thing from Vice City Stories, where you can spend money to make it better and whatever. icon14.gif

Little Psycho

I'm also adding ways to spend and make money.

My plans:

- New side jobs that can earn realistic amounts of money

- Places/buildings which can be bought (Vice City thing). Buying places earns different rewards (Not money  suicidal.gif )

The taxi is one  I plan to finish making and the car showroom script is put in the script and is working (Thanks Ghost bear icon14.gif )

Cool, I have idea then.

When starting a Vigilante mission make it more realistic- means you start it by walking into a marker near LCPD HQ's, there is Pistol spawn near you with 150 ammo rounds, and Shotgun spawn near you with 50 ammo rounds, and you don't must be all time in Police Car.

And new job- delivering. When driving any truck,pickup you can start delivery mission with start side mission key. There are 5 locations to take cargo from, and 5 locations to deliver it to. It would be awesome

EDIT: Btw, to support your mod, I have added the link to the mod to my sig, hope you won't mind.

Edited by Little Psycho

G The Generous

hey ms.cooldude,i have an idea,press Alt to walking,what do you think smile.gif ???

TigerTanker

Great progress so far,

You're making our good ol' GTAIII better. Keep up the good work wink.gif

ms.cooldude

You could make assets, or even rackets, like in The Godfather Game. I know, you would get money from them, but you could add that property thing from Vice City Stories, where you can spend money to make it better and whatever. icon14.gif

Hmm, i'm still thinking about it but yeah, there will definitely be some surprises so we'll see smile.gif

And new job- delivering. When driving any truck,pickup you can start delivery mission with start side mission key. There are 5 locations to take cargo from, and 5 locations to deliver it to. It would be awesome

EDIT: Btw, to support your mod, I have added the link to the mod to my sig, hope you won't mind.

I really like your ideas, I also had something similar in mind. So you will be expecting somthing like that soon. Thanks for the sig btw. It really helps icon14.gif

hey ms.cooldude,i have an idea,press Alt to walking,what do you think smile.gif ???

Yeah, it's a great idea which I actualy had from the start but it unfortunatly can't be done. Another problem is that you can't assign any key like San Andreas. Instead it has to be assigned to an action key, such as forward and enter vehicle. confused.gif

Great progress so far,

You're making our good ol' GTAIII better. Keep up the good work wink.gif

Thank you, GTA3 is the best in my opinion smile.gif

Updates:

- KILLING SPREE (Last updated: 12/04/09)

Killing each enemy in the challenge now earns the player $100. Hospital fees are also payed off at the end when you die so that you don't end up wasting money you earned. Note, this is another way of earning realistic amounts of money. icon14.gif

Edited by ms.cooldude

Little Psycho

So.. buying some illegal factory of weapons would earn weapons as reward? inlove.gif

MobBG

Buying properties is gonna be an awesome addition. Its gonna be interesting to buy old toni's portland savehouse and renovate it....

ms.cooldude

- Places/buildings which can be bought (Vice City thing). Buying places earns different rewards (Not money  suicidal.gif )

So.. buying some illegal factory of weapons would earn weapons as reward? inlove.gif

Yup, on the lines of that smile.gif

Little Psycho

Yup, on the lines of that smile.gif

Sooo..... you must make buying any car showroom, /me wants Infernus every day

devil.gif

ms.cooldude

Another post to enlighten you all. lol.gif

Updates:

- Purchasing Properties (15/04/09)

Currently at a very alpha stage, again don't expect much yet. This is an element that guarantee to add ways to spend and use money earned in the game. The baseline script is completed and therefore it is now easier to add properties. The video below shows the first test of my code and I have shown two properties. The Hyaku dojo unlocks the infinitive run feature and the ability to enter and drive the previous owner's vehicle (Parked at back and not shown in video sorry). Ray's hideout unlocks the ability to save at the location. A pistol is also spawned there just as one would at the usual safe houses. icon14.gif

So far the script is bug free!

EDIT:

P.S - I now use a slightly higher bit rate in converting videos. icon14.gif

Edited by ms.cooldude

l911

Buying toilet lol. colgate.gif

this script is nice icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Urban Legend

Some great additions from what I've seen so far! I must say. These things are just what is needed after having completed the game. Could you make the Dam in Shoreside Vale an "assest property" somehow?

Keep up the nice work here, dude.

ms.cooldude

Some great additions from what I've seen so far! I must say. These things are just what is needed after having completed the game. Could you make the Dam in Shoreside Vale an "assest property" somehow?

Keep up the nice work here, dude.

I sure can make it a property, I'll probably just make a marker which you walk into to collect cash icon14.gif

Also, the floating pickup needs to be changed from a briefcase to a dollar-sign pickup. If anyone could kindly convert the one from San Andreas or Vice City into III. If your even kinder, one could create a new dollar-sign pickup from scratch. PM me if your interested icon14.gif

Thanks.

Edited by ms.cooldude

edgar123

Nice progress icon14.gif you shoul'd make Donald Love's Penthouse buyable, but for MANY MONEY like uhmm 500,000,000?? ok less xD but make it buyable biggrin.gif it would be cool

Bullet_Chris

@ms.cooldude

Your mods are great.I liked the GTA 3 Hardened mod.Just as an ideea, could you combine this mod with GTA 3 hardened?It would be cool!