2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Alexander Blade

[GTAIV|REL] MP File Check Fix

psyk
is tehre anyway that someone could make this plugin unlock all files for LAN? me and my buddy wanna drift on the same game but cant.

do this:

download the Alexander ASI loader

download the GTA IV EFC20 ERROR FIX PLUGIN

put it on the GTA4 folder and if you have the filecheck fix, delete it...

if you allready have the trainer installed in the gta4 folder, then you can play it on LAN and SP.... but in Multiplayer Live mod may not work becose of the filecheckfix not working ... Alex doesn't even care about the filecheckfix.... never likeded this guy since i downloaded his car spawner "mod" .... he doesn't fuc**ng care about the useres and the guys that download his stuff...

if that doesn't work, send me a PM....

cyden101

ok sorry if this has but posted someplace before, but i just switched to Alexander Blade's asi loader form Xliveless and installed the filecheck fix and everything seems to work but one little glitch, all the health packs have turned in to clocks and just disappear when touched. I'm not sure witch mod has caused it, all i have installed is the newest versions of file check, asi loader, and GTAIV NATIVE TRAINER V4.1. Oh and my GTA IV is a legal disk and up to date..

Screen shots (sorry for the poor pic but had to do it quick before work =P )

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/bla.../1001092025.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/bla.../1001092026.jpg

WTFX

ok sorry if this has but posted someplace before, but i just switched to Alexander Blade's asi loader form Xliveless and installed the filecheck fix and everything seems to work but one little glitch, all the health packs have turned in to clocks and just disappear when touched. I'm not sure witch mod has caused it, all i have installed is the newest versions of file check, asi loader, and GTAIV NATIVE TRAINER V4.1. Oh and my GTA IV is a legal disk and up to date..

broken linx.

cyden101

broken linx.

sorry bad paste... try now

EDIT 10\07\09:

I removed the file check fix and it went back to normal.. anyone else have this problem or one like it?

Edited by cyden101

Alexander Blade

O_o very strange bug

Is there an alternative to filecheckfix.asi? e.g. another mod which bypasses multiplayer restriction? Because I have exaggerated blood mod, and I don't see why something which doesn't alter MP at all disables my access. FileCheckFix messes up pedestrian physics.

Edited by [email protected]

critical_error

Sorry i m a noob but the file check doesnt even let me play with modified handling.dat in SP ????

Log File

// --- GTA IV FILE CHECK FIX --- //

//-- © Alexander Blade 2008-9 --//

http://Alexander.SannyBuilder.com

http://OpenIV.com

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.4

Files check started

Incorrect file I:\GTA4\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat - 0x3F19C08A

WTFX
Sorry i m a noob but the file check doesnt even let me play with modified handling.dat in SP ????

Log File

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.4

Files check started

Incorrect file I:\GTA4\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat - 0x3F19C08A

don't use it, u don't need it for SP.

Snow Wolf

Your site is infected. Netkicker, alice, Filecheckfix, everything.

Edited by Snow Wolf

Rob.Zombie

Any updates?

LordRhyme

thank you very much alexander!

btw do u know where i can find a asi loader? also can u make filecheckfix to support handling.dat as soon as

possible? so i can drift.... colgate.gif

YoungGun
thank you very much alexander!

btw do u know where i can find a asi loader? also can u make filecheckfix to support handling.dat as soon as

possible? so i can drift.... colgate.gif

yea, gotta wait till new ASI loaders are updated first..

but plz, dont include the handling.dat file.. that will just allow cheating in races..

NTAuthority

Does this fix remove the new 'protection' in 1.0.0.4 as well (the 'infinite loading' issue)?

GhostDragon

I cant play online with this file..after "Loading..." it just goes back to multiplayer

Alexander Blade

UPDATED

ArKTisK

oh yay! thanks so much! now multiplayer is ruined once again!

also, i hope you die of leukemia

GTA IV_Modder

Alex.. This is the COpy of the Error I Get...

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.0.4

Files check started

Incorrect file D:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\WeaponInfo.xml - 0x3A5755DD

SO.. even by using The new Updated FileCheckFix.. I cant get into Multiplayer...

It says the same.. Cannot get into Mutiplayer with Modded Files..

Plz Crack It again please Alex !

Love U Man !

PEACE !

ArKTisK

well at least thats one person that cant get it to work. do you not care about ruining the game online? sure you can use the excuse "im not responsible for what people do with it" but regardless, it happens. i literally could not find a game that didnt have someone cheating in some way today. its sad that the only way you can play online like it was ment to be played is the 3 days or so after a patch comes out.

UncleCrank

Not working for me. Says game doesnt exist when trying to connect. If I want to start a Server it says I have modified my files.

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

Rob.Zombie

Actually ArKTisK if you'd have been so "smart" to read what it does, you wouldn't have replied something like that. This does not let handling.dat and weaponsinfo.xml mods through. That's why this doesn't work for that guy. This only lets mods through like enviroment mod, and simple car colors. I don't think it counts as cheat if you have a Rosso Ferrari (this is a color's name) red Turismo instead of a nice Rockstar Green (which actually reminds you of bird poo).

Back on topic all I wanted to say is thank you, it really does work, and my GTA looks awesome thanks to the timecyc mods.

Here cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

thaCURSEDpie

Hey Alex.

First of all: thanks a lot for updating to add support for Patch 5.

Second of all: thanks not so much.

Rockstar are trying to do something about cheating (which is nice of them). With this fix, it's already possible to kill-off their cheat-detection. That's kinda sad, because we'll see tons of cheaters online again soon.

Wouldn't it be better if your ASI-Detector-Blocker would only work off-line, so people couldn't cheat online anymore?

Thanks anyway biggrin.gif

NTAuthority
Wouldn't it be better if your ASI-Detector-Blocker would only work off-line, so people couldn't cheat online anymore?

Firstly, the game checks for any files existing in the game folder. Secondly, it only has effect online, which would be the same as asking 'could you remove the added file check fix so this mod has no use whatsoever?'. wink.gif

Awwu

Firstly, the game checks for any files existing in the game folder. Secondly, it only has effect online, which would be the same as asking 'could you remove the added file check fix so this mod has no use whatsoever?'. wink.gif

No, it makes the mods work in SP too. Latest patch blocked both single player and multiplayer mods.

It's a shame people are cracking the fix to use their weapon and handling mods in MP. confused.gif

sjaak327

The idea behind filecheckfix is great, firstly allow people with non sensitive modded files (like carcol.dat) to still be able to go online. All the while, still preventing people with MP sensitive modded files (like weaponsinfo.xml and handling.dat) to be unable to join MP (in other words, don't surpress the modded files message on the phone if that is the case).

Modding in SP can still be done without the filecheckfix, but you will be unable to join MP no matter what, even if you have additional files in the game directory.

Too bad some people are able to crack it in about 10 minutes, so now editing mp sensitives files is possible together with joining MP with them.

murder_rock

So if I have a modified handling file (like a realistic driving mod), then I still won't be able to go to MP? Is there a way to have two setups, so I can mod and screw around in SP, and have a "stock" version to play MP? I'm not interested in cheating on MP, I hate it in fact, it takes the fun out of it. I just want to be able to MP without giving up my SP mods. Is there any way this is possible to do?

UncleCrank

I can't get it working...if I only place dsound.dll and FileCheckFix.asi in my GTA4 dir without having any files modified I get:

"This game does not exist anymore" when trying to join via GFWL

"You cannot play with modified files" when trying to host a game

SRT10 Error when trying to join a game using the phone from SP

I'm on Win7x64

Oh and this are the things I already tried:

Compatibility modes (Win 95 till Vista SP2)

Run as Admin

Reinstalling the game

Edited by TheMetalLord

Trackah123

^^ I have the same as TheMetalLord

Except for the SRT10 error. I can join games fine with SP phone, but i cannot join by GFWL also and i cannot host my own server either. So maybe there are still some small bugs left in filecheckfix?

Samutz

I'm sort of having the same problem as TheMetalLord. Same errors.

Me and a friend are both playing the Steam distribution of the game. The FileCheckFix worked fine before the last game patch, but now it seems to work randomly and rarely.

It'll not work, then we restart the game without changing files, and it'll work again, then it won't work again the next 5 times. We have to keep restarting the game to make it work.The asi log files always say that everything's working.

It even does this with only FileCheckFix.asi and dsound.dll files in the GTA4 folder, no other files changed.

If we remove the asi loader and filecheckfix, the games lets up play mulitplayer without any problems.

I've run Steam's integrity check on the game twice to make sure no files are changed.

I've tried running the game from R* Social Club, tried running GTAIV.exe directly, tried running LaunchGTAIV.exe directly. They all act the same.

Me and my friend are both running Windows 7 64-bit.

sjaak327

^ I can confirm this exact behaviour on Vista X64.

Thank Rockstar for various file checks on mod files, like .asi and dsound.dll.

dsi1

Is it me or does this not seem to work on X64 computers?