3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Dingdongs

Creationism or Evolution?

General Goose
as evolution has pretty much been proved as fact.

I would be careful with that, I have to do some homework, but last I checked it was still a theory.

Well, there is considerable evidence evolution has happened (it may not be enough to not go past the theory stage, but that's subjective), and as germs mutating proves, there is proof it does exist. I personally consider the evidence strong enough.

GSXRSpeed

Evolution is fact.

We as humans have forced dogs to evolve into different species to suit our needs.

leeg1931

Ignorance is bliss, chickening out. This so called discussion is turning into a game of whack a mole. I will not put forward any proof because I do not have any once again because I refuse to look for any and throwing child-like insults at me won't encourage me to do so. We're adults here can we act like it?

And yes evolution is a theory just like creationism and any evidence put forward by evo-heads can be so simply spun in the other direction by creationists. Thus resulting in both always being theories until we die. Only in death can we discover the truth...

Ph3L1z14n0
Ignorance is bliss, chickening out. This so called discussion is turning into a game of whack a mole. I will not put forward any proof because I do not have any once again because I refuse to look for any and throwing child-like insults at me won't encourage me to do so. We're adults here can we act like it?

And yes evolution is a theory just like creationism and any evidence put forward by evo-heads can be so simply spun in the other direction by creationists. Thus resulting in both always being theories until we die. Only in death can we discover the truth...

The thing is sir, that you do not know what a theory is if you are saying that creationism is an example of such, I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

Evolution is a theory, why ? because it started as a hypothesis, as a supposition which was then later proved to be correct to some extent.

Creationism is a belief, it's what you and a lot of other people think about something.

I also think that octopus dipped in wine is a horrible dish, that doesn't mean that octopus dipped in wine IS a horrible dish.

leeg1931

Ok right, name-calling gets old.

I know a lot of you guys don't believe in God or even the bible and I won't put forward any proof for it but this is one of the best videos I know of to help hinder evolution it doesn't have many views or ratings but that's just typical:

Ok I have two:

This is the debate & discussion section so please watch these videos I can't put their words any better myself.

EDIT-And here's the thing right here in front of you people continue to say that Jesus was a liar and therefore a sinner then you are an enemy of God, bare in mind that you do not have to accept Jesus but you do have to answer to him like it or lump it.

Once again, hypothetically here, if evolution was real and christianity was a fairy tale as you so clearly believe, what happens to me if I don't accept it? Nothing. Though if Creationism is true then well I'm sure you know what happens to you, right? It is so easy to accept God, it's never too late, his teachings are available to you, don't be a fool.

Edited by leeg1931

BlueCheer

Ok right, name-calling gets old.

I know a lot of you guys don't believe in God or even the bible and I won't put forward any proof for it but this is one of the best videos I know of to help hinder evolution it doesn't have many views or ratings but that's just typical:

Ok I have two:

This is the debate & discussion section so please watch these videos I can't put their words any better myself.

pretty interesting, but its kind of a stretch.

leeg1931

Here's an updated version of that last video with audio. It should make it easier for you, praise be to God!

@BlueCheer- I don't think it's a strech at all.

Edited by leeg1931

Playstation_Loyalist

First of all, the bible is a thousand-year old gospel book. It has been there for thousands of generations, been respected and patronized by the so-called "believers". The question is: DOES THE BIBLE PROVIDE AUTHENTICITY?

Sure, believers would say that "It is authentic. John wrote there. Peter wrote there, too. Bill Clinton wrote there, too!" But the fact that the bible has been passed on to hundreds of generations mean that it has been "contaminated" with unruly terms that would change the original writings (if it was John, Peter, or Bill who wrote in there) into new ones. In short, the Holy Bible could have been changed!

Second, the disasters. It doesn't matter whether it's natural or man-made. The question is why did this intelligent nerd created us in the sole purpose of getting hurt and sent back to whatever we came from? What are we, disposables? Puppets? Napkins? That sucked. 9/11 happened. A political massacre happened here. This religion stuff SUCKS!

A thing I found in YouTube...

"Oh, and don't pray if there's a fire,silly! Call 911!" lol.gif

leeg1931
First of all, the bible is a thousand-year old gospel book. It has been there for thousands of generations, been respected and patronized by the so-called "believers". The question is: DOES THE BIBLE PROVIDE AUTHENTICITY?

Sure, believers would say that "It is authentic. John wrote there. Peter wrote there, too. Bill Clinton wrote there, too!" But the fact that the bible has been passed on to hundreds of generations mean that it has been "contaminated" with unruly terms that would change the original writings (if it was John, Peter, or Bill who wrote in there) into new ones. In short, the Holy Bible could have been changed!

Second, the disasters. It doesn't matter whether it's natural or man-made. The question is why did this intelligent nerd created us in the sole purpose of getting hurt and sent back to whatever we came from? What are we, disposables? Puppets? Napkins? That sucked. 9/11 happened. A political massacre happened here. This religion stuff SUCKS!

<video>

"Oh, and don't pray if there's a fire,silly! Call 911!" lol.gif

That's just as I expected

Thank you, you have proven mine and PPSIMMONS's observation right.

Playstation_Loyalist
<snip>

<snip>

Ooh nice answer... suicidal.gif

I need evidences of the "term" Creationism. Why is that so hard to give?

...because there are NO evidences!

icon13.gif

General Goose

<video>

"Oh, and don't pray if there's a fire,silly! Call 911!"  lol.gif

That's just as I expected

Thank you, you have proven mine and PPSIMMONS's observation right.

Now, as an agnostic I don't fully agree with Playstation_Loyalist's views (and I'm an Xbox guy myself tounge.gif), but what exactly did you mean by this? And can you provide any evidence for creationism? Not God, but creationism?

leeg1931

Now, as an agnostic I don't fully agree with Playstation_Loyalist's views (and I'm an Xbox guy myself tounge.gif), but what exactly did you mean by this? And can you provide any evidence for creationism? Not God, but creationism?

Can you prove the Big Bang?

Playstation_Loyalist

The question asked YOU first...

...though I have resources ready to be used as evidences...biggrin.gif

General Goose

Well, no, but there is cold, hard scientific evidence supporting the theory of the Big Bang as the most plausible for the creation of the universe.

Anyway, why are we talking about the Big Bang? Oh yeah, because you obviously have no evidence or facts or proof for creationism. Unless you have, in which case, stop asking me questions and start answering my questions. Seriously, avoiding the question is an epic fail.

nlitement

Can you tell me what the Big Bang has anything to do with evolution, first? yawn.gif

leeg1931

Well, no, but there is cold, hard scientific evidence supporting the theory of the Big Bang as the most plausible for the creation of the universe.

Anyway, why are we talking about the Big Bang? Oh yeah, because you obviously have no evidence or facts or proof for creationism. Unless you have, in which case, stop asking me questions and start answering my questions. Seriously, avoiding the question is an epic fail.

Firstly to nlilement, the big bang is the opposition to creation that's why yawn.gif

Now, once again NO, I CANNOT PROVE CREATIONISM and I will not try to now can you guess why?

Well I guess that, once again, it's an epic fail for the old creationist then, isn't it? Oh well.

Now tell me this, if I did have proof for creationism would you or would you not mock it and continue to worship these modern gods? Would you or would you not mock me for my faith? Would you or would you not, no matter how good mine or any other creationist's evidence hypothetically was, the entirity of Christianity as most here have done?

Answer: Yes, you would. Because your puny little minds will not allow you. You are stubborn towards all things true. You would continue to believe Evolution. So as a result of your stubborness, I will immitate as I have done since I saw the light. No matter how scientific your evidence is I will never accept this thing that you accept with such flamboyance.

Just remember that someday you'll wish you listened to me.

Edited by leeg1931

nlitement

Uh huh.

You do realize that evolution has nothing to do with the big bang? It does not address the question of "where did life come from?" or even "where did the universe come from?". It doesn't answer any question. It just originally stated: "life on earth evolves, we've observed this just as we have observed that all objects are attracted to the ground. We theorize that this happens by natural selection, where individuals with a beneficial mutation are more likely to survive and pass on the beneficial mutation, just as we theorize that gravity works through the curvature of timespace" the theory part is HOW it happened and the modern theory is more complex than just natural selection.

leeg1931

Uh huh.

You do realize that evolution has nothing to do with the big bang? It does not address the question of "where did life come from?" or even "where did the universe come from?". It doesn't answer any question. It just originally stated: "life on earth evolves, we've observed this just as we have observed that all objects are attracted to the ground. We theorize that this happens by natural selection, where individuals with a beneficial mutation are more likely to survive and pass on the beneficial mutation, just as we theorize that gravity works through the curvature of timespace" the theory part is HOW it happened and the modern theory is more complex than just natural selection.

I didn't mention evolution in that context.

I said the big bang was the opposition to creation not creationism but creation nor did I say that evolution was the opposition just the big bang. You've misunderstood me.

I did read the first post

Edited by leeg1931

Canofceleri
as evolution has pretty much been proved as fact.

I would be careful with that, I have to do some homework, but last I checked it was still a theory.

Well, there is considerable evidence evolution has happened (it may not be enough to not go past the theory stage, but that's subjective), and as germs mutating proves, there is proof it does exist. I personally consider the evidence strong enough.

Yeah, who can trust theories? Like the theory of relativity or the theory of gravity, who needs them? (Note, the prefix 'theory of' doesn't mean "well, we think, but I don't know"...).

Evolution for sure is a scientific theory that raises its fair share of questions, but that doesn't mean that just because every single hole isn't filled in we should even tolerate moronic religious folk that try to piss all over it. Creationism is bunk, period. Evolution is a theory based on empirical scientific observation and data and reasoning, not something some smelly assholes dreamed up in their sleep thousands of years ago. A reasonable debate about creationism vs. evolution is impossible because anyone who is a creationist is not a reasonable person, period--they're just arguing to validate the retarded opinions that allow them to keep believing they're destined for eternal bliss.

General Goose

Firstly to nlilement, the big bang is the opposition to creation that's why yawn.gif

In this discussion, as the title clearly demonstrates, we are referring to creationism mainly as the opposite of evolution. While it could also refer to the opposite of the big bang theory and other similar theories, creationism USUALLY means the counterpart of evolution and that is what this debate is about.

Now, once again NO, I CANNOT PROVE CREATIONISM and I will not try to now can you guess why?

I understand why you can not prove creationism. It is a theory or a belief. However, you pair it against the big bang, which some evidence DOES exist for, and evolution, which is pretty much a scientific fact. Something with no evidence cannot hold up in an argument against something with evidence.

Well I guess that, once again, it's an epic fail for the old creationist then, isn't it? Oh well.

Now tell me this, if I did have proof for creationism would you or would you not mock it and continue to worship these modern gods? Would you or would you not mock me for my faith? Would you or would you not, no matter how good mine or any other creationist's evidence hypothetically was, the entirity of Christianity as most here have done?

Modern gods? What the hell are you on about? Since when did any of us mention worshipping modern Gods, a term I have not heard used before?

If there was proof for creationism beyond faith and speculation, then yes, I would acknowledge it as a plausible theory. I still acknowledge there is a slight possibility an intelligent being such as God created the Big Bang, or created the laws of our universe, or planned everything out or laid out an elaborate series of fake evidence to throw humanity off of the trail of his existence or some similar story. However, there is no proof for that and such a theory creates even more questions than it answers, so, as the theory of Occam's razor states, we must assume the most simple outcome if we approach such questions from a cold scientific perspective.

And I have never mocked you for your faith, and never will. I just disagree with you. I may mock your attitude about it or your lack of evidence and willingness to debate properly, but if you feel morally bound to not question your faith, I respect that.

Answer: Yes, you would. Because your puny little minds will not allow you. You are stubborn towards all things true. You would continue to believe Evolution. So as a result of your stubborness, I will immitate as I have done since I saw the light. No matter how scientific your evidence is I will never accept this thing that you accept with such flamboyance.

So, we are stubborn and puny-minded now, as we don't believe an age-old superstitious book, instead basing our facts on logic, science and evidence and making our view on the world up ourselves? This is just so wrong. This is not the forum for degenerating into childish, offensive name-calling when losing a debate. I'm open to the concept of religion. I'm open to the concept of atheism. However, before all that, I listen to what my senses, my logic and science tells me, as they're probably a damn lot more trustworthy than any religion or whatnot.

Just remember that someday you'll wish you listened to me.

Possibly. But I don't see how. Even if God exists, the chances of Him being angry at me for not believing in a silly, baseless theory (CREATIONISM) are slim.

Candarelli: Well, my post was made in response to another person using the word theory in the sense you mentioned. I acknowledge many theories are fact, however some are dubious or debatable. I personally believe in evolution 100%, but some don't/

Edited by General Goose

leeg1931

And I understand that you are the kind of guy who listens to evidence and proof and I respect that. I also do this to a certain extent and only with a few subjects. I was not raised a christian, my mother knows next to nothing about christianity and my father in a nut-shell dispises God. I know that getting people to listen to me is a very difficult thing and that most don't even want to listen they're too caught up in this obsession with proof. I only hope that someday people realise that there is more to it than just facts and figures, there must be someone out there who is greater than us! And we can't run through life and do dispicable deeds without consequences. There is NO wrong reason for converting to christianity and Jesus will never turn you away. Now if you still want to make comparisons between these two very different beleifs then look at it this way, one poses a belief where the unruly go unpunished and where we are virtually unloved. The other poses a belief where we are loved and murderers and rapists are rightfully punished.

Once again I can only hope that my words are not wasted upon you and you look at these thoughts and you see the same thing as me, a wonderfull gracious God is reaching out to you asking your for love as his is unconditional.

Praise be to God

General Goose

Well, it'll be great if there was a God and if there were suitable rewards and punishments in the afterlife, but it's just hope. So, no. These words weren't wasted on me. They made me even stronger an agnostic than I was before.

I know that getting people to listen to me is a very difficult thing and that most don't even want to listen they're too caught up in this obsession with proof.

Because people don't like being preached to. No matter what you say, I'm going to remain an agnostic. And an "obsession with proof"? Seriously? So, you'd rather people just blindly follow any stuff a man of God tells them? Or any politician? An obsession with proof is one of the few things keeping democracy and debate going. I'd rather listen to a scientist who can back up his pro-evolution theories with proof rather than a creationist who just says "Oh, obviously there's a God." "Why?" "DON'T QUESTION HIM!" I can tell you are the type of religious believer who does out of hope, which I can admire and agree with to an extent. I too want there to be a fair reward/punishment in the afterlife, but it may just not exist. It's a sad possibility, but it's a possibility. I also see you do it out of a scepticism towards science. The proof for evolution, and that does NOT involve the Big Bang, which is a different matter, is right there. And why is there "something greater than us?" Why is that necessary?

I was hoping you would come up with a detailed response to my points, but instead you just spout some religious propaganda and expect me to lap it up. I still have no idea what you meant by your "modern Gods" line for instance, or why you deemed it necessary to call us puny-minded, or many of my other points.

Akavari

Have any of you ever considered that Jesus of Nazareth wasn't truly the son of god? I mean I acknowledge that he existed, but I don't think he was a messiah. He claimed to be the son of god which ultimately got him killed and there are accounts that describe miracles he did and whatnot, but other than that he was just a wise man who preached peace to his death, right? Maybe people took it too seriously.

Weirdo.
Have any of you ever considered that Jesus of Nazareth wasn't truly the son of god? I mean I acknowledge that he existed, but I don't think he was a messiah. He claimed to be the son of god which ultimately got him killed and there are accounts that describe miracles he did and whatnot, but other than that he was just a wise man who preached peace to his death, right? Maybe people took it too seriously.

I agree, something tells me that Mary was sleeping around. mad.gif

leeg1931

I was hoping you would come up with a detailed response to my points, but instead you just spout some religious propaganda and expect me to lap it up. I still have no idea what you meant by your "modern Gods" line for instance, or why you deemed it necessary to call us puny-minded, or many of my other points.

Ok you've asked me a question so I'll answer it. Modern Gods is a common phrase used by Christians based off of the second commandment, You shall not have any other gods before me. It basicly means things in contemporary life which mortal humans view more important than the immortal God. They usually include arrogance, alcohal, drugs, the opposite sex and more on topic- Evolution

Also I never made any connection between evolution and the big bang theory please stop saying I did.

EDIT- A couple of times you've asked me for either proof of God or proof against Evolution; I've been slowly working on proof against evolution for a while looking for something even slightly against it and I have finally found a few things that have been conceeded by scientists seriously hindering evolution but still taught in text books;

Lucy- Has been decifered as nothing but a 3-year-old chimp.

Hiedelberg Man- Was built from a jawbone conceded to be that of modern man.

Nebraska Man- Was SCIENTIFICLY built up from one single tooth, that in itself is poor, and later that very tooth was soon found to come from an extinct PIG.

Piltdown Man- Again bulit up from a jawbone, later found to belong to a modern ape.

Peking Man- Supposedly 500,000-years-old but all evidence has suspicioulsy disappeared. Hmmm

Neanderthal Man- This famous skeleton was found to be an old man who suffered from severe arthritus.

New Guinea Man- This guy comes from a land just north of Australia and little to no proof is known of that he is any different from modern man, so what's the difference?

Cromangon Man- This fossil is identical to modern man, so once again what's the difference?

Modern Man- This self-flattering fool thinks he came from a chimp, and will do anything to prove himself right even if his proof can be disproven.

Romans ch1 v21-23;

"When they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things."

These lies are still taught in textbooks and in schools remember Mathew ch18 v6, I do

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." These were the words of Jesus himself.

Evolution is FAKE science continue to believe it and you will be punished, no question. Accepting evolution is accepting Satan, he has fooled you because knows his time is short and is corrupting your minds as we speak and you are totally unaware, you aren't as smart as you think. I realise that you will still continue to mock me, go ahead because in the end those who accept Jesus win.

Edited by leeg1931

ilikensrs

Evolution is FAKE science continue to believe it and you will be punished, no question. Accepting evolution is accepting Satan, he has fooled you because knows his time is short and is corrupting your minds as we speak and you are totally unaware, you aren't as smart as you think. I realise that you will still continue to mock me, go ahead because in the end those who accept Jesus win.

This is untrue, Satan didn't fool me into believing in evolution. I came for the cohesive and testable scientific theory, but stayed for the unmitigated evil that can only be supplied by the Fallen One. All praise our dark Darwinistic master, that he may control Texan textbooks for a thousand years!

Edit: Actually I was just chatting with Beelzebub, and he asked me to pass on his best wishes, and says that if you keep doing that thing with your mother's knickers (you know what I'm talking about) he'll be talking to you in person real soon.

Edited by ilikensrs

leeg1931

This is untrue, Satan didn't fool me into believing in evolution. I came for the cohesive and testable scientific theory, but stayed for the unmitigated evil that can only be supplied by the Fallen One. All praise our dark Darwinistic master, that he may control Texan textbooks for a thousand years!

Edit: Actually I was just chatting with Beelzebub, and he asked me to pass on his best wishes, and says that if you keep doing that thing with your mother's knickers (you know what I'm talking about) he'll be talking to you in person real soon.

Nice debate you put forward there.

And if you want to mock me then well the Bibe does say to mock the fool with his own folly then well I'll take pleasure in it;

I was actually just chatting with Richard Dawkins himself yeah, he said that he is really disappointed in you for the fact that every weekend you enjoy to go out on the drag and the last time you had sex was with a one armed prostitute named Dave. He won't be talking to you in person since well he doesn't enjoy heavy male on male bondage (You know what I mean).

Now go choke on Darwin's cold, dead dick. Bye-bye.

Edited by leeg1931

General Goose

Oh, screw this. I'm outta here.

ilikensrs

Sick burn man.

Why would you go to debates & discussion if you're merely going to stick your fingers in your ears and sing hymns loudly to drown out the weight of evidence stacked against your position. I mean, you can worship the Bibe as much as you like, but why do you go through the pretense of posting here when you refuse to accept anything that does not fit within your worldview?

Why not just go hang out with the fine folks of conservapedia where you can circlejerk about how evolutionists are satanists and homosexuals, and how we just don't understand that the Bibe is all the evidence a sane person could want.

Playstation_Loyalist

[sarcasm]So we are puny-minded? Okay, you're intelligent.[/sarcasm]

I don't know... if there was a god then I would also ask for a fair and intelligent reward or punishment in the afterlife. But being an atheist, I duly can't recognize such entity, though I would not abuse or challenge your faith.

If the context "Don't challenge your god" is your main reason why you can't give any evidence in Creationism, then you will fail in this debate. Failure to provide evidences loses your stand on the debate, according to debate societies. You just can't always say the given context above. I mean, the bible should have more information. Just asking...

Moreover...

Lucy- Has been (deciphered) as nothing but a 3-year-old chimp.

What are you talking about? The temple structure of a simple "chimp" has been proven to be smaller than the bulky one of Lucy. Plus, years of scientific research proves that Lucy is a 3.2 million-year old FOSSIL. If you know what fossils are and how they form, then you must have burned yourself with this.

Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having been dug up") are the preserved remains or traces of animals, plants, and other organisms from the remote past.

Source

Heidelberg Man- Was built from a jawbone conceded to be that of modern man.

The skull of the HEIDELBERG Man (Homo heidelbergensis) has been PROVEN as larger and heavier than that of the Homo sapiens and even the Neanderthal Man. The eye sockets of this man is larger than those of modern man. It is definitely NOT a modern man's skull. Burned.

Source

Nebraska Man- Was SCIENTIFICLY built up from one single tooth, that in itself is poor, and later that very tooth was soon found to come from an extinct PIG.

Agreed. Source

Piltdown Man- Again bulit up from a jawbone, later found to belong to a modern ape.

It was a FORGERY by local town folks, none of them are archaeologists. Source

Peking Man- Supposedly 500,000-years-old but all evidence has suspiciously disappeared. Hmmm

Since when it was lost? In the WWII? There were hundreds of similar archives about the Peking Man in Zhoukoudian, China. TONS of them. You can go there and get some...

Source

Neanderthal Man- This famous skeleton was found to be an old man who suffered from severe arthritis.

What? You think it's just a single skeleton with an arthritis? You are starting to be a douche. There were hundreds of them found at the Neanderthal Valley, Mediterranean and Middle East sites. You are a big false mouth. Get your facts right!

Source

New Guinea Man- This guy comes from a land just north of Australia and little to no proof is known of that he is any different from modern man, so what's the difference?

See below...

Cromangon Man- This fossil is identical to modern man, so once again what's the difference?

The Cro-Magnons are the first ever HUMANS, that's why they're IDENTICAL to the Homo sapiens.

Source

Modern Man- This self-flattering fool thinks he came from a chimp, and will do anything to prove himself right even if his proof can be disproved.

Douche...

The thing is, science proves almost everything right. A right amount of research, hypothesis, and the like can prove that this existed. Heck, science even falsified Babel Tower.

And please, provide SOURCES... VALID ONES.

Fail... EPIC.

Edited by Playstation_Loyalist