Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,803 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Irviding

Creationism or Evolution?

General Goose
...the only way to be truly mentally secure in this area is COMPLETE ignorance of anything religious...

You dont have to celebrate Holloween and Cristmas or whatever you celebrating (dont know exactly your holidays), like I dont celebrate Pesah and Hanuka. If you dont live in a Muslim fanatic country, like Iran, then you can be and act like a complete Atheist. But I still have to fight religious people, because I have a personal revenge I have to do... But if the religion didnt hurt you phisicly, then you are, or at least you can be a free man.

You have to fight religious people? Fighting religion is one thing, but the individuals... THat makes you a violent extremist who uses religion (yep, even violence in the name of atheism is still religious violence) to commit hate and potentially crimes.

And I do not see where your nonsensical point about holidays originated from.

Good grief, I don't want my 2000th post to be arguing with a madman....

Ari Gold

Why do you have a personal revenge against religious people? You obviously have a personal hatred for a lot of people, not to mention a lot of people in your country, what with Israel being a hardcore Jewish state and all. And not to mention all the Arabs running around that region; pfft it's like a revenge playground for you.

Still, your argument makes no sense though. You're saying that all religious people live fighting something all the time. Hmm, last time I checked I happened to be a Christian, and I don't see myself fighting anything at the moment.

Asoyfy37
...the only way to be truly mentally secure in this area is COMPLETE ignorance of anything religious...

You dont have to celebrate Holloween and Cristmas or whatever you celebrating (dont know exactly your holidays), like I dont celebrate Pesah and Hanuka. If you dont live in a Muslim fanatic country, like Iran, then you can be and act like a complete Atheist. But I still have to fight religious people, because I have a personal revenge I have to do... But if the religion didnt hurt you phisicly, then you are, or at least you can be a free man.

You have to fight religious people? Fighting religion is one thing, but the individuals... THat makes you a violent extremist who uses religion (yep, even violence in the name of atheism is still religious violence) to commit hate and potentially crimes.

And I do not see where your nonsensical point about holidays originated from.

Good grief, I don't want my 2000th post to be arguing with a madman....

I ALSO have something personal against religions:

http://www.cirp.org/library/

Circumsietion are how it called is one of the worst human crims.

General Goose

Losing a foreskin, while maybe painful as f*ck, is definitely not one of the worst human crimes.

And it sounds like you've been circumcised. You may be pissed off, but no reason to go apesh*t against religious folk.

Asoyfy37

Losing a foreskin, while maybe painful as f*ck, is definitely not one of the worst human crimes.

And it sounds like you've been circumcised. You may be pissed off, but no reason to go apesh*t against religious folk.

The man is losing 40% of the enjoinment and it also cause a lot of trauma stress. Please read before replaying, link: http://www.cirp.org/library/

General Goose

Some studies (which are disputed) about sexual enjoyment are NO reason to hate all religious folk.

Asoyfy37

Most of the people who belive in Judaisn, or simply dont want thier child to be weirder then he's class (like my f*cking family) do it. Muslims do it too (for girls too). And other religions like Cristianity and Mormonism and Hinduism also do bad things, like controlling the goverment and more. Religious people want to live like they lived 5000 years ago. The religious people from any religion and cult, are the biggest problem of humanity. Religion started wars, didnt let races to join and to make all the humans to have the same colors (because they think that their race is better), and the worst is stopping the sciense because the facts dont come together with their stupid belifes. You should read Israeli forums after the "New Big Bang" expiriment, they said so much stupid stuff, like "God will come and destroy the black hole and will course humanity for trying to be as him" and more stupidity and sciense hating. If I go naked on the street, I'm a crazy man. But if I go with those heavy clothes rabbies and priests and mullahs wear, then "its my right to do it for my religion". If going naked was part of a religion, people would be allowed to go that way, because as I said, the religions give legitimity to bad things and crims.

General Goose

Most of the people who belive in Judaisn, or simply dont want thier child to be weirder then he's class (like my f*cking family) do it. Muslims do it too (for girls too)

I'm no longer discussing circumcision. Don't know about it, I understand you're pissed off but I'm no longer arguing about it. I'm not condoning or degrading it.

And other religions like Cristianity and Mormonism and Hinduism also do bad things, like controlling the goverment and more.

How do they "control the government"? I won't accept certain religiously-motivated politicians or parties as "controlling the government". Obviously, with Israel, it's one of the few countries in the world specifically founded to house and protect a religion, religious people will obviously have an advantage in politics, but that's the nature of your country.

Religious people want to live like they lived 5000 years ago.

Exaggerate much? SOME religious people are politically conservative or harker for (in their opinion) better days and moral codes in the past, but that's called being conservative. I'm not a conservative, but nothing wrong with being one. Obviously some folk wanna live in a prejudiced, short-lived low-tech world, but they are few and far between, in and out of religions.

The religious people from any religion and cult, are the biggest problem of humanity.

I'd put genocide, crime, prejudice, global warming, poverty and other problems much higher on the agenda, rather then something that sometimes has negative effects, but sometimes inspires greatness as well.

Religion started wars,

As did intolerance (which is what you're doing), money, justice, freedom, passion, race and almost everything else. The only way to prevent any conflict is if humanity was reduced to one man/woman. Even then, I bet SOME conflict would crop up, somehow.

didnt let races to join and to make all the humans to have the same colors (because they think that their race is better),

I won't deny prejudices exist in religions (often not based on race nowadays but on religion), but most organised religions are not racist or hostile to other races, especially today. All organised religions have followers of every creed and race. Racism will exist on the same magnitude without religion.

and the worst is stopping the sciense because the facts dont come together with their stupid belifes.

One of your few legitimate points. Religion has often been an obstacle in some way or another to science. But science and technology has progressed, regardless of and sometimes with the interference of organised religion. For example, my dad is religious and had a Catholic upbringing, yet he works as a scientist. Religious hostility to science is today mostly confined to weak political arguments and the occasional extremist. Science need not fear religion any more.

You should read Israeli forums after the "New Big Bang" expiriment, they said so much stupid stuff, like "God will come and destroy the black hole and will course humanity for trying to be as him" and more stupidity and sciense hating.

Yet the experiment carried on. People can not believe in science, just like me and you can choose not to believe in religion.

If I go naked on the street, I'm a crazy man. But if I go with those heavy clothes rabbies and priests and mullahs wear, then "its my right to do it for my religion".

That's because public nudity is dangerous, disgusting and wrong. Wearing some different clothing harms nobody. I can wear a pink hat if I believed God wanted me to do so. It's called human rights.

If going naked was part of a religion, people would be allowed to go that way, because as I said, the religions give legitimity to bad things and crims.

Okay, today, organised religion rarely legitimises crimes. The occasional extremist sect or individual are exceptions, but the Pope would NEVER call for a Crusade or witchburnings. Religion has been used for wrong in the past, but science has been used for wrong as well. Racism, nuclear bombs and such are examples.

Mike Tequeli
If I go naked on the street, I'm a crazy man. But if I go with those heavy clothes rabbies and priests and mullahs wear, then "its my right to do it for my religion".

That's because public nudity is dangerous, disgusting and wrong. Wearing some different clothing harms nobody. I can wear a pink hat if I believed God wanted me to do so. It's called human rights.

Explain why you think this is. I'm no nudist but I'm fairly curious of your rationale behind the strong language.

General Goose

Dangerous=well, in certain temperatures and environments, it can lead to sunburn, extreme cold and also removes all protection. I've also heard of violent crimes like rape being performed on nudists. Can't find a source, sorry, but it makes sense.

Disgusting=Do you really wanna see someone walk around naked (hot women an exception tounge.gif)?

Wrong=Think of the children!

I also point you to Chatterbox FM, where I believe Lazlow had a similar caller. tounge.gif

Wuirt 

"Believe" in evolution?

Evolution is fact.

Not really. There's no proof that evolution is an absolute fact. It is however, the most accepted theory for the origin of life.

Creationism and Evolution are from two different topics though. Creationism covers the creation of the universe and how life came to be while evolution only concerns how life came about, it has nothing to do with the creation of the universe. The big bang theory does, however.

Personally I do believe in the big bang theory. However, I believe that God was behind it. The creation of the world as described in Genesis bares many similarities to the big bang theory if you don't take the words literally (e.g. the 7 days God created the universe isn't literally 7 days, more like millions of years).

As for evolution, I'm undecided. Although I believe that God could've created animals through evolution.

I hate this whole 'days mean millions of years' concept, it does nothing to help the argument that the seven day creation story is true, it just makes it sound even more stupid than it already is. The whole story is flawed and it is painstakingly obvious that it was thought up by pre-scientific human beings and not inspired by god.

According to Genesis god created vegetation a day before he created the sun, or if we're to believe this 'god didn't mean literal days' crap, millions of years before he created the sun, so basically these guys are saying that vegetation grew and survived for millions of years without the presence of the sun, you know, that huge star in the sky that makes the survival and existence of plants possible.

There's some other stuff that further reveals how f*cking stupid the seven day creation story is but I'm a bit rusty on the subject and would probably just end up giving out false information to people (sounds familiar).

johnny_zoo

Heres my two cents on this...

Im not a Christian (per se) or an atheist but I do believe the universe was created by a God, it just seems obvious to me the more science reveals about the world around us.

Evolution fails to explain how the universe came into being only how life supposedly "started" over eons of time and even then that theory is as full of holes as atheists claim the bible is. Scientists do not attempt to explain how the universe came about because they have no answer.

While I do think there is a God I also accept the obvious facts of science like the Earth is not 10,000 years old and that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago however there is nowhere in the bible, and I have read it, that states the universe was created 10,000 years ago the guy who came up with this idea is wrong in his interpretation. However while I accpet 99.9999% of what scientists discover, when a topic comes up that might have direct theological implications (such as the creation of the universe) I take what they say with a pinch of salt this is mainly because I know human nature and it doesnt, by its very nature, like to acknowledge the existence of a God especially most scientists.

IMO the bible and science are complimentary and should not contradict each other, if there is a God.

Edited by johnny_zoo

Mike Tequeli
However while I accpet 99.9999% of what scientists discover, when a topic comes up that might have direct theological implications (such as the creation of the universe) I take what they say with a pinch of salt this is mainly because I know human nature and it doesnt, by its very nature, like to acknowledge the existence of a God especially most scientists.

IMO the bible and science are complimentary and should not contradict each other, if there is a God.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Religion is human nature, it has been around forever in some form, regardless of location, in order to fill in gaps of knowledge about the universe. If it were human nature to doubt God's existence, then why would religion even exist?

And as for evolution be as full of holes as the bible, not quite. The bible is full of holes in the same sense that a hole is full of holes. Evolution on the other hand, in a broad sense, is scientific fact. The only real important gap is that between primordial goo and DNA/RNA and there are many theories. Evolution can't fail to explain how the universe started mostly because evolution has approximately f*ck all to do with how the universe started, are you familiar with astrophysics?

Ad Rem

Evolution fails to  explain how the universe came into being

The theory of evolution isn't supposed to do that in the first place, I believe that task falls upon astrophysics.

only how life supposedly "started" over eons of time and even then that theory is as full of holes as atheists claim the bible is.

First of all, abiogenesis deals with how life started, the theory of evolution handles, well, evolution. Secondly, could you provide some examples of these holes? I assume you have quite a broad understanding of this theory since you feel comfortable making this comparison.

Scientists do not attempt to explain how the universe came about because they have no answer.

Well, if you feel like being pedantic, that's exactly what some of them try to do. However, they do not claim to have the final answer. That's the beauty of science, wouldn't you agree? When there is something we don't understand, we have people research it until we do. And until then, we don't make up stories and claim we have the answer.

I know human nature and it doesnt, by its very nature, like to acknowledge the existence of a God especially most scientists.

That statement rather strongly contradicts the fact that more or less every culture known to man believes in some type of deities.

If that's the case, I suppose there is no God, as science and the Bible quite clearly do contradict each other. That's another thing. Why the Bible? Why Christianity? Why not any of the other 6000 or so religions? Why cling onto a religion that contradicts what you accept as fact when there is so many other options to choose from? Coming up with excuses to make it seem like they don't contradict each other is just silly, so either find a better religion or give it up altogether. I'm not saying you can't believe in a god but it always escapes me why people need a religion for that. First they choose a religion, then they see all the logical fallacies and instead of abandoning it, they decide to defend it, even going against science which they claim to have no problem with, as is your case. Why?

johnny_zoo

The theory of evolution isn't supposed to do that in the first place, I believe that task falls upon astrophysics.

Ok fair enough , but the topic title then has some problems because creationism deals with the creation of everything whereas evolution, as you say, deals only with the evolution of life. Thats like trying to mix oil and water, because whose to say a God didnt create the universe and use evolution as a process to then create life? (He didnt of course the idea of creationsim is that life was created suddenly Im just making a point that theres a problem with the debate title) So shouldn't the thread title read Creationsim or Astrophysics?

First of all, abiogenesis deals with how life started, the theory of evolution handles, well, evolution. Secondly, could you provide some examples of these holes? I assume you have quite a broad understanding of this theory since you feel comfortable making this comparison.

Chemicals follow certain laws in combining to make compounds, and these laws are as binding on chemicals as the physical law of gravity on objects. Over billions of years evolutionists say that one day a compound learned a trick where it was able to reproduce another compound that behaved exactly like itself. Where did this ability come from especially from an inorganic compound which is not biological? What compound began first which made way for new ones to be created? We know that matter hasnt always existed based on the observed half-life of radioactive elements like uranium, so again I have to ask where did these compounds come from?

Well, if you feel like being pedantic, that's exactly what some of them try to do. However, they do not claim to have the final answer. That's the beauty of science, wouldn't you agree? When there is something we don't understand, we have people research it until we do. And until then, we don't make up stories and claim we have the answer.

Sorry I dont mean to be pedantic, I agree that is the beauty of science, I love finding out about new things that science reveals about the world around us.

That statement rather strongly contradicts the fact that more or less every culture known to man believes in some type of deities.

True, bad wording on my part, but I was speaking in a different vein altogether but I wont go into that now.

If that's the case, I suppose there is no God, as science and the Bible quite clearly do contradict each other. That's another thing. Why the Bible? Why Christianity? Why not any of the other 6000 or so religions? Why cling onto a religion that contradicts what you accept as fact when there is so many other options to choose from? Coming up with excuses to make it seem like they don't contradict each other is just silly, so either find a better religion or give it up altogether. I'm not saying you can't believe in a god but it always escapes me why people need a religion for that. First they choose a religion, then they see all the logical fallacies and instead of abandoning it, they decide to defend it, even going against science which they claim to have no problem with, as is your case. Why?

The bible is one of the oldest books on the Earth if not very close to being the oldest, and written over a period of 1600 years yet all the authors manage to agree, IMO, so it must have been inspired.

The Quran IMO has imitated stories almost identically to ones in the bible and was written alot longer after the bible had started. If there is a God and a "religion" in the world I would probably choose Christianity as it seems the most logical choice I mean when the bible says things like "it is easier for the earth/universe to pass away but my words will never pass away"

And I look and see the bible today remains the worlds best selling book by billions of copies each year despite much trouble down the centuries of people trying to get rid of the bible off the planet by public burning/making illegal to own a copy and so on yet it still stands the test of time. And it doesnt look like its going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by johnny_zoo

Ad Rem

shouldn't the thread title read Creationsim or Astrophysics?

I don't think there would be much to debate about that, unless you have something against astrophysics.

Chemicals follow certain laws in combining to make compounds, and these laws are as binding on chemicals as the physical law of gravity on objects. Over billions of years evolutionists say that one day a compound learned a trick where it was able to reproduce another compound that behaved exactly like itself. Where did this ability come from especially from an inorganic compound which is not biological? What compound began first which made way for new ones to be created? We know that matter hasnt always existed based on the observed half-life of radioactive elements like uranium, so again I have to ask where did these compounds come from?

Again, this falls into abiogenesis, so it can't really be a hole in the theory of evolution.

The bible is one of the oldest books on the Earth if not very close to being the oldest, and written over a period of 1600 years yet all the authors manage to agree, IMO, so it must have been inspired.

I fail to see what the age has to do with the factuality of it. There are also quite a few contradictions in the Bible so clearly they do not all agree with each other.

If there is a God and a "religion" in the world I would probably choose Christianity as it seems the most logical choice I mean when the bible says things like "it is easier for the earth/universe to pass away but my words will never pass away"

Please elaborate.

And I look and see the bible today remains the worlds best selling book by billions of copies each year despite much trouble down the centuries of people trying to get rid of the bible off the planet by public burning/making illegal to own a copy and so on yet it still stands the test of time. And it doesnt look like its going anywhere anytime soon.

The same could be said for e.g. Islam.

D- Ice

I believe evolution, and I accept that despite still not fully understood, the first catalyst which set life into motion (not that their is a clear-cut definition of what's "living" and what isn't) but definately not some fairytale God/supreme being. I'm also no fan of the Big Bang theory, but then again physics is never been my speciality or something I was remotely interested in.

The most supreme beings out there are us, despite our countless flaws, and it is our responsibility to start acting more like that and taking responsibility - rather than apathetically accepting our flaws and embracing them - rather attempt to fix them.

Rather than splitting ourselves into religions, races and ethnicities, hating every other group and fighting like mad dogs - only more brutal and deadly thanks to our intelligence - we need to embrace one another as human beings and use all our resources to further our civilisation.

Shame the best minds are being misused for all that BS military research to find better ways to kill one another or in beaurocracy to make ridiculously rich companies even richer.

Edited by D- Ice

∴

I'm a firm believer in evolution and all theories of evolution. Creationism implies a degree of religion, and I'm simply not religious at all, neither in upbringing or influence. Aside from this, I'm an avid reader and I'm very interested in almost all things historical and science orientated.

johnny_zoo

I think you're right there wont be much to debate about because astrophysics doesnt really have anything to put forward from what I see on the wiki page. No I dont have anything against it but Im just saying what I see.

I looked at the abiogenesis page and couldn't help but notice the amount of phrases such as "its thought", "perhaps" thats not words you use to back up supposed fact. I dont have anything against it but that page doesnt really prove how the first matter came into existence. You said its not a hole in the theory of evolution, fair enough, that means its a hole in abiogenesis.

I guess its just down to what belief people are willing/want to accept. Those contradictions you posted IMO are down to mis-interpretations of the bible, I could disprove quite a few of those, and I can give a link that disproves contradictions such as those, but then I would expect you to disagree with MY intrepretation so Im wondering if I should bother.

Sanjeem
"Believe" in evolution?

Evolution is fact.

Not really. There's no proof that evolution is an absolute fact. It is however, the most accepted theory for the origin of life.

Creationism and Evolution are from two different topics though. Creationism covers the creation of the universe and how life came to be while evolution only concerns how life came about, it has nothing to do with the creation of the universe. The big bang theory does, however.

Personally I do believe in the big bang theory. However, I believe that God was behind it. The creation of the world as described in Genesis bares many similarities to the big bang theory if you don't take the words literally (e.g. the 7 days God created the universe isn't literally 7 days, more like millions of years).

As for evolution, I'm undecided. Although I believe that God could've created animals through evolution.

I beleive in God (Allah) too. And that he was behind the Big bang theory, In the qu'ran it sais how the universe was created, The words wern't Big Bang theory, but what scientists beleived to what happened, it relates with the quran and the quran was written Thousands and thousands of years before.

That was justa brief fact though, if you want to look more of it up.

Arc.

I beleive in God (Allah) too. And that he was behind the Big bang theory, In the qu'ran it sais how the universe was created, The words wern't Big Bang theory, but what scientists beleived to what happened, it relates with the quran and the quran was written Thousands and thousands of years before.

Thousands and thousands of years before what?

Actually, forget it, the quran was written after the year 0, so it can't possibly be more than 1000-something years.

Oh and I believe in evolution for obvious reasons.

Edited by Arc.

Sanjeem

Actually, forget it, the quran was written after the year 0, so it can't possibly be more than 1000-something years.

Before scientists speculated the Big Bang Theory.

Svip

So about 1300 years?

Ari Gold
"Believe" in evolution?

Evolution is fact.

That was justa brief fact though, if you want to look more of it up.

If there really is a God that created all this, where is he? I'd like to meet him.

I, personally, believe in God myself, but logistically I can't actually consider his existence that much. Where, and how, could he have created all of this sh*t called the universe?

D- Ice

So about 1300 years?

Well a lot of the teachings of Islam are based on (copied from) those of much older Abrahamic religions, mostly old testament scriptures which are thousands of years old. Most Muslims like Sanjeem believe the teachings of Muhammed are the cherry on top - the finishing off and reitteration of scriptures they believe have been lost or changed.

@ Sanjeem: Does it really talk about the big bang theory or suggest it in the Quran/older scriptures it's based on, or does it simply say God (Allah in Arabic) created it? If so I think your belief is the same as Mad Tony's.

johnny_zoo

So about 1300 years?

Well a lot of the teachings of Islam are based on (copied from) those of much older Abrahamic religions, mostly old testament scriptures which are thousands of years old. Most Muslims like Sanjeem believe the teachings of Muhammed are the cherry on top - the finishing off and reitteration of scriptures they believe have been lost or changed.

@ Sanjeem: Does it really talk about the big bang theory or suggest it in the Quran/older scriptures it's based on, or does it simply say God (Allah in Arabic) created it? If so I think your belief is the same as Mad Tony's.

I agree that the Quran for the most part copied stories from the Old Testament, and it seems like it did happen because of the dates of when it was written compared to the bibles.

However there are alot of passages in the Bible about the universe and how it relates to man on the earth. So I can kind of see what Sanjeem is trying to say...

Ari Gold

So about 1300 years?

I agree that the Quran for the most part copied stories from the Old Testament, and it seems like it did happen because of the dates of when it was written compared to the bibles.

However there are alot of passages in the Bible about the universe and how it relates to man on the earth. So I can kind of see what Sanjeem is trying to say...

Of course, they're all Abrahamic religions. The Jewish book of prayer, the To'rah, is almost comprised completely of the Old Testament as far as I know (I might be incorrect on this one).

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

i just think that aliens came here and f*cked a monkey. just as good a theory as the other two..

Sicologikal

As a person steeped in science I believe in evolution but I also believe in a higher power and that he/she/it created the universe via the Big Bang. He/she/it works in a mysterious and incomprehensible way to our fragile little minds.

....but anyone with a bit of cop-on will not believe that the world was created 5000-6000 years ago in some garden in Iraq. Its a bedtime story just like Jonah and the Whale.

Also there is the fact that the Bible was written by people who got their sources from word of mouth (think of a game of Chinese Whispers) and this is not a valuable source of information as misunderstandings or errors in the telling of the story can occur and this leads to alterations in the story.

Johnny-Tightlips

So about 1300 years?

Of course, they're all Abrahamic religions. The Jewish book of prayer, the To'rah, is almost comprised completely of the Old Testament as far as I know (I might be incorrect on this one).

What sanjeem is trying to say is This.

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?” [Quran-21:30, Yousuf Ali]

Written 1400 years ago.

So bassicly in the quran, This is the message in the quran, which is like or The Big Bang theory, that scientists have only come up with in this centuary.

Oh and people who say this excuse to turn people against Islam, It does say in the Quran that you may beat your wife or women, But obviously that seems insane! Simply because people only take those lines and leave the rest of the imfo behind because they try to turn you away from the religeon, Because there is a perfectly good explanation for it. It's like taking The "Lo" out of "Loving" you would think what does that Mean, thats not a word! then when you peice it together "Loving" it makes sense.

Also the word Beating in the verse people mis-judge, This doesn't mean Abusivly! It's the translation that is wrong, or people trying to think wrongly of Islam.

Edited by Johnny-Tightlips