Always/Never Wanted - ALICE Script

chamber

ALICE script that allows you to use PageUp/PageDown to set your desired Wanted Level, and then locks it there.

This is my first from-scratch ALICE script - feedback is appreciated.

Edited by chamber

Very nice. Kind of just what I was looking for. Would be nice if it was a toggle activated by one key instead of using up two keys.

[EDIT] I just now realize that there has to be two keys because the level is adjusted up/down by one for each keypress. I was thinking of an enable toggle On/Off which I guess I can add if I want to, but it will have to use a separate key. I don't know whether it's really useful to have a toggle though after thinking about it - just need to press 'down' until it's off.

Where did you find the syntax for the PRINT_STRING_... function?

Edited by zBobG

Where did you find the syntax for the PRINT_STRING_... function?

I think I ran across it in the 50+ pages of the Alice thread.

I'm not sure what other options there are besides "STRING", or what the last parameter is (the 1 - I'm assuming it's one of those always-true booleans) - but the second and third params are the message to display, and the number of milliseconds to display it.

So

PRINT_STRING_WITH_LITERAL_STRING_NOW(? [always "STRING"], Message to Display,Length of Time to Display,? [always 1])

I guess I should edit the Wiki.

Alice and scripthook mods are mission mods. Can we please release these into the mission mods forum. I'll move it there.

• 2 weeks later...

ALICE script that allows you to use PageUp/PageDown to set your desired Wanted Level, and then locks it there.

This is my first from-scratch ALICE script - feedback is appreciated.

Good work icon14.gif I tried several wanted scripts in the past but to have no wanted level is sh*t so I added a keypress but to press allways the key while anarchy is also sh*t.

To can set the level is the right solution

• 1 month later...

LOL xD another mod from you and with this eather my other lua scripts stopped working xD