Screen Resolution

Gta Guy 108

Gta Guy 108

Okay, I have a 22 inch monitor, which is 1920 by 1080 pixels, and san andreas can only go so high and when I go to the highest resolution, everything looks all blocky and really not even playable. Can anyone please help me with my situation? Thank you.

I'd like to know your system specifications. If your computer lingers somewhere between minimum and recommended requirements, I wouldn't advise you to play with higher resolutions.

Gta Guy 108
I'd like to know your system specifications. If your computer lingers somewhere between minimum and recommended requirements, I wouldn't advise you to play with higher resolutions.

Dude, I know for a fact that my computer can handle San Andreas. All I am asking is how I can get the resolution to be bigger.

While in game, go to "Options" and then I believe to "Display". Just change the resolution of the game to that of your monitor.

Dude, I know for a fact that my computer can handle San Andreas. All I am asking is how I can get the resolution to be bigger.

It's not just about simply handling SA, but the extent to which it can handle it. Assuming you're changing the resolution from the Advanced Display options, those are the only resolution options that you have. If I ain't wrong, you cannot go higher than 1440x900.

Although, I believe the v1.01 patch allows you to attain higher resolutions. If you have v1, you can apply the patch directly. If you have v2, you'll have to downgrade your game and then apply the patch. Click here to download the patch. Be warned though, I have heard that the v1.01 patch disables modding.

Gta Guy 108

It's not just about simply handling SA, but the extent to which it can handle it. Assuming you're changing the resolution from the Advanced Display options, those are the only resolution options that you have. If I ain't wrong, you cannot go higher than 1440x900.

Although, I believe the v1.01 patch allows you to attain higher resolutions. If you have v1, you can apply the patch directly. If you have v2, you'll have to downgrade your game and then apply the patch. Click here to download the patch. Be warned though, I have heard that the v1.01 patch disables modding.

If that patch does work and it does disallow modding then I don't know what I will do. There has to be a way to use the patch with mods...

Well, there's no other way that I know of. You could probably try asking someone from the modding forums. Still, it'd be too much of a hassle. If you're very much interested in modding, then I suggest you don't install the patch. A resolution of 1440x900 isn't that bad, is it?

Gta Guy 108

Actually it is, everything is too too blocky and I really cannot play the game at all.

By blocky do you mean the polygons 'circles' (like tyres) are flat sided instead of round.

If so That's the way the game is programed. PS2 and PC.

We would understand it better if you provide us a screenshot of the game.

Mmm, no. I play SA with 1680x1050 (set in-game), all other settings maxed of course and it looks as beautiful as it can.

Quad 9550

ATI 4850

22" LG M2294D 1680x1050 60Hz

v 1.0 (no-cd but I have 2 legal copies so stfu. Other is un-wrapped 1.0.. I will make a million with that in 2090 biggrin.gif)

I have a 22 inch monitor, which is 1920 by 1080 pixels

Irrelevant.

Go to the settings tab, click resolution with left button, use wheel to check the highest possible resolution. That is what your GPU can do.

You can also disable AA in-game and force it higher from your GPU settings, like 16x if You want?

Sounds like on-board graphics.

spacer.png

lazloisdavrock

yeah, I have a Samsung 22" HDTV, and its native resolution is 1680x1050. All settings maxed on my 8500GT looks brilliant!!