2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Alexander Blade

[GTAIV|REL|ASI] EFC20 ERROR FIX

Alexander Blade

-= GTA IV EFC20 ERROR FIX PLUGIN =-

Updated 11 November 2009

Description :

This plugin allows u to abandon EFC20 error. Many users have this error after 1.0.3 patch, even with a clean game. (me too) (wtf R* ? )

Supports GTA IV v 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.0.0.4

Link :

http://Alexander.SannyBuilder.com/Files/IV.EFC20FIX.rar

Needs asi loader to link, asi loader topic :

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830

Edited by Alexander Blade

wanxpy

thank you wink.gif

Marcin6

Strange , i don`t have this error biggrin.gif

bmxjfv

idk...but my game don´t login!!!!!! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Since i had installed the patch 1.0.3.0 , the asi loader dsound.dll , doesn´t make the game login.

If a delete dsound.dll the game works.

I can play gta iv only without asi loader. cryani.gifcryani.gif

Alexander Blade

remove all previous asi plugins

bmxjfv

I removed it...and it works.

But can´t i use asu plugins?

Alexander Blade

u can use only asi plugins for 1.0.3

berkohn

"Runtime error 215 at 001C3763" sad.gif

Alexander Blade

r u using my asi loader ?

nixolas1
r u using my asi loader ?

Lot of people get this strange error now... Seems like if you instal 1.0.2 and then 1.0.3 again it works again, but after a day, it starts happening again...

Girish

You get this error if you're using no-cd cracks or even the no-cd launcher from SecuROM. However, playing the game using the original GTAIVlauncher.exe or from RGSC does not produce this error. So, basically, I don't quite understand why you should be getting this error unless you're using cracks.

Costar

I was curious, w/ all these asi loaders, hooks, scripts, mods, anti-file check, is there not a work around to allow ppl to connect to MP w/ out having to dld a new patch or I guess thats built into the login server maybe ..

zBobG

I use the official SecuRom no-DVD launcher (with GTA4 v1.0.3.0) and I do not get this error. I don't think the launcher is the problem. It's been said that running the GTAIV.exe directly is what causes the error, you must use the launcher and RGSC must be running. You can instead use xLiveless but you still must use the launchGTAIV.exe to run the game.

@Costar

I think you are asking whether it's possible to fake that you are running v1.0.3.0 in order to play MP with patch v1.0.2.0, and no I don't think that's possible. I can think of only one reason to do that and that would be to use now prohibited mods in MP. Don't even think about it.

Edited by zBobG

Costar

I use the official SecuRom no-DVD launcher (with GTA4 v1.0.3.0) and I do not get this error. I don't think the launcher is the problem. It's been said that running the GTAIV.exe directly is what causes the error, you must use the launcher and RGSC must be running. You can instead use xLiveless but you still must use the launchGTAIV.exe to run the game.

@Costar

I think you are asking whether it's possible to fake that you are running v1.0.3.0 in order to play MP with patch v1.0.2.0, and no I don't think that's possible. I can think of only one reason to do that and that would be to use now prohibited mods in MP. Don't even think about it.

First of all, I havent played MP w/ the pc version & have no interest in doing so, I did a couple times w/ a console & it wasnt anything special, I dont care about playing MP, there are many others who do. I intended to pose the question in general, not as tho I were looking to play online w/ mods. If you're curious, read my posts in other topics related to MP and the release of the new patch that prohibits it w/ mods. I think having mods in SP is ok, eventhough this goes against the license agreement, which you and probably everyone has violated by now, not w/ that explicit intent but only for the purpose of enhancement.

Cheats/mods in MP is simply not acceptable, there are some who wanted it, atleast in free mode, which I could understand wanting to show off your car modifications, altering Niko's clothes etc, all just for fun gameplay not for record keeping, but as I'd suggested, the only ways I could see that were if R* provided in-game cheats/mods maybe on a dedicated server that gamers pay extra for, otherwise, R* could at some point (as they did w/ the video editor) institute an in-game editor to mod vehicle/character attributes.

YoungGun

All I have are graphics mod's and I would like to go online with them with having to have either remove them or installed a 2ed GTA IV.

zBobG

is there not a work around to allow ppl to connect to MP w/ out having to dld a new patch

Sorry if I misunderstood your question but you did ask specifically about MP. No, I haven't been following your other posts, I'm not a stalker after all.

Oh yes, I have experimented with modding various data files! I kind of liked various mods for vehicle handling but in the end I restored the original files because the changes were either too slight or too radical to be useful. I did like the reduced rain particle modification but again I can live without it. Today with the v1.0.3.0 patch my files are virgin and untouched and the game runs nicely just as it is.

I do want to use sjaak's SNT in SP though, it adds a lot to the game for those of us who want to 'cheat' just a little bit.

Geqxon

I still get the same results:

I am kind-off having a problem with the installation of Asi-Loader.

My GTA IV installation is a clean European installation using there original DVD, no cracks, 1.0.3.0.

I then copied EFC20FIX.asi (GTA IV EFC20 ERROR FIX) and dsound.dll (GTA IV ASI LOADER 1.0.2.0b) to "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\".

When I start the game using LaunchGTAIV.exe, I get a pesky "GTA IV has stopped working" error, even before the game starts. I have looked and looked, found nothing, can you please help me? smile.gif

DEP is turned off. Too bad!

Alexander Blade

and without efc20fix u have the same ?

also try to delete *.asi plugins , let asiloader (dsound.dll) work alone

is there any asilog.txt ?

nixolas1

My GTA IV installation is a clean European installation using there original DVD, no cracks, 1.0.3.0.

I then copied EFC20FIX.asi (GTA IV EFC20 ERROR FIX) and dsound.dll (GTA IV ASI LOADER 1.0.2.0b) to "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\".

When I start the game using LaunchGTAIV.exe, I get a pesky "GTA IV has stopped working" error, even before the game starts. I have looked and looked, found nothing, can you please help me? smile.gif

Here is a copy of my GTA folder(no subfolders) try deleting all files in your main gta vi folder(except launchgtaiv.exe) and put the ones from the archive there, it's working for me, sooo, should do it for you. (don't copy launchgtaiv.exe from the archive)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjtwioo22nm

CAuse the error is most likely some garbage in your gta directory.

Alexander Blade

can u show me screens of the error ?

and u have an error only at win7 ?

nixolas1
can u show me screens of the error ?

and u have an error only at win7 ?

user posted image

Then, when you close it, the GTA IV has stopped working appears, and when you close that the message from DEP appears.

I have vista.

Magik Arty

hello! i got same error Runtime Error 215

I installed GTA 4. Installed Patch 1.0.3.0 en. Installed crack from Fedor

files dsound.dll EFC20Fix.asi LauncherGtaIV.exe lua.dll lualib.dll and Alice files.

So when i start game i go this crap error(((

Yesterday I started game with this crack. After reboot system I cant start game again...again got error...

what suggestions Alexandre?

I discovered all errors...so asilog shows:

// -- GTA IV ASI LOADER LOG -- ////-- © Alexander Blade 2008 -- //C:\Windows\system32\dsound.dll is loaded, address 0x62E70000Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate""DirectSoundCreate" hooked, address 0x62E7E713Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateA""DirectSoundEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x62EBD2CAHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateW""DirectSoundEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x62EBD2E7Hooking dsound proc named "DllCanUnloadNow""DllCanUnloadNow" hooked, address 0x62E7CCFAHooking dsound proc named "DllGetClassObject""DllGetClassObject" hooked, address 0x62E7EF1FHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate""DirectSoundCaptureCreate" hooked, address 0x62EBCBD5Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x62EBD304Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x62EBD321Hooking dsound proc named "GetDeviceID""GetDeviceID" hooked, address 0x62EBCA70Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate""DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate" hooked, address 0x62EBCD39Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate8""DirectSoundCreate8" hooked, address 0x62E7CFF9Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate8""DirectSoundCaptureCreate8" hooked, address 0x62EBCC81Loading ASI D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\EFC20FIX.asiASI loaded : D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\EFC20FIX.asi, Address 0x00000000

So the trouble is EPC20Fix.asi...it doesn't load..wtf? why?

Screenshot of error user posted image

Help plz!! Because need playable GTAIV with working Live.

Edited by Magik Arty

Alexander Blade

try this

/www/alexander.sannybuilder.com/EFC20FIX_005.rar

aslo post error screens

Magik Arty

okey, so i had replaced this EPC20Fix.aci with a new one(which u gave)

Runtime error is gone. but i have new error sad.gif(

user posted image

damn/...

Alexander Blade

asilog.txt plz

and test this

/www/alexander.sannybuilder.com/EFC20FIX_006.rar

wasting time while fixing dunno what and dunno where biggrin.gif

nixolas1
asilog.txt plz

and test this

/www/alexander.sannybuilder.com/EFC20FIX_006.rar

wasting time while fixing dunno what and dunno where biggrin.gif

Nothing interesting in asilog.txt

// -- GTA IV ASI LOADER LOG -- ////-- © Alexander Blade 2008 -- //C:\Windows\system32\dsound.dll is loaded, address 0x6EF50000Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate""DirectSoundCreate" hooked, address 0x6EF67551Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateA""DirectSoundEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x6EF789CCHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateW""DirectSoundEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x6EF789E9Hooking dsound proc named "DllCanUnloadNow""DllCanUnloadNow" hooked, address 0x6EF7C66BHooking dsound proc named "DllGetClassObject""DllGetClassObject" hooked, address 0x6EF69192Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate""DirectSoundCaptureCreate" hooked, address 0x6EF782FCHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x6EF78A06Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x6EF78A23Hooking dsound proc named "GetDeviceID""GetDeviceID" hooked, address 0x6EF78198Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate""DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate" hooked, address 0x6EF78464Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate8""DirectSoundCreate8" hooked, address 0x6EF5C15CHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate8""DirectSoundCaptureCreate8" hooked, address 0x6EF783AALoading ASI D:\Spill\GTA IV\Grand Theft Auto IV\Alice.asiASI loaded : D:\Spill\GTA IV\Grand Theft Auto IV\Alice.asi, Address 0x03380000Loading ASI D:\Spill\GTA IV\Grand Theft Auto IV\EFC20FIX.asi

But i dont get the error , just a "has stopped working". The 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 reinstall fixes it untill restart of computer.

Alexander Blade

fcking R* code protects

Magik Arty
fcking R* code protects

yes..yes...

oh damn...

gta started once then dont want to start..then again start//after reboot no..

Magik Arty

okey i tried EFC20fix_006

and what i got:

i change compability with Win Xp SP3 in Launcher and Gta4.exe

and run gta with RGSC and it started!!!!

When i closed game and started it again i got:

// -- GTA IV ASI LOADER LOG -- ////-- © Alexander Blade 2008 -- //C:\Windows\system32\dsound.dll is loaded, address 0x611D0000Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate""DirectSoundCreate" hooked, address 0x611DE713Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateA""DirectSoundEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x6121D2CAHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundEnumerateW""DirectSoundEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x6121D2E7Hooking dsound proc named "DllCanUnloadNow""DllCanUnloadNow" hooked, address 0x611DCCFAHooking dsound proc named "DllGetClassObject""DllGetClassObject" hooked, address 0x611DEF1FHooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate""DirectSoundCaptureCreate" hooked, address 0x6121CBD5Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x6121D304Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW""DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x6121D321Hooking dsound proc named "GetDeviceID""GetDeviceID" hooked, address 0x6121CA70Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate""DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate" hooked, address 0x6121CD39Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate8""DirectSoundCreate8" hooked, address 0x611DCFF9Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate8""DirectSoundCaptureCreate8" hooked, address 0x6121CC81Loading ASI D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\EFC20FIX.asiASI loaded : D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\EFC20FIX.asi, Address 0x00000000

user posted image

damn and i again cant start game...error..

Edited by Magik Arty

devilclaw

Here is a copy of my GTA folder(no subfolders) try deleting all files in your main gta vi folder(except launchgtaiv.exe) and put the ones from the archive there, it's working for me, sooo, should do it for you. (don't copy launchgtaiv.exe from the archive)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjtwioo22nm

CAuse the error is most likely some garbage in your gta directory.

After a lot of reinstall, nicolas1 files fixed my GTA..

Thank you! Running on Windows Vista x64.