2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Max Payne 3

Sunrise Driver

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?  

847 members have voted

1. 1. For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

• PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • PC

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Are you sure that guy on the website is Max?

I've played Max Payne up to Part 3, chapter...5? When you're in a building that has exploding corridors everywhere you go mad.gif It was a very good game, especially the cutscenes. But I haven't completed it yet (at least I know that the government are behind the Valkiar drug.

Haven't played Max Payne 2 at all, damn I better catch up!

SuperJude™

2 had a more toned down, realistic story line and some really nifty additions to the bullet time mechanics. Awesome game.

3 should be great. I can't see how it couldn't be.

2 had a more toned down, realistic story line and some really nifty additions to the bullet time mechanics. Awesome game.

3 should be great. I can't see how it couldn't be.

Lack of Remedy is the most likely reason?!

Seriously... I'm sceptical yet excited about Max Payne 3. I can't wait untill we get some screenshots/footage/information on the game!

looloolooigotsomeapples

AHHHHH!

HOLY LIVING f*ck!

Max Payne is my favorite game. Ever.

They better not f*ck it up.

The first Max Payne is still my favorite. The dream sequences were awesome.

I have to say, I'm dissapointed in myself that I gave up with the first game since I got stuck on the second mission and I eventually traded it in for some money. Although, I'm excited for this one and hopefully they'll put a demo out to see if I'll end up quitting on this or not.

I'm very excited for this. Max Payne is by far one of my favourite series. I hope they can keep the atmosphere and graphic novel theme. Live action cutscenes wouldn't feel the same.

My expectations for this are high. I hope to god they don't make a mess of this.

I'm already part 2 chapter 2 or 3 ... damn this game is awesome. Apart from the 'outdated graphics' (which don't really bother me at all) the game is absolutely perfect.

Got to love the story/storytelling...

By the way;

http://maddieman.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/...quick-analysis/

A smart fella did some analysis on the artwork that has been released and Thimothy Gibbs (The person who 'was Max Payne' in the second game).

It's a good thing to be honest... although the original Max looked alot better. Still, not a bad choice at all... i's best to keep a logical line of actors.

Man a lot of good games on the way. Between this, the Batman game, MW2, and a few other games, I'm gonna need another job and another pair of underwear.

Does Max Payne in Max Payne 2 have the same voice actor as the original?

Yes, James McCaffrey

MP1 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291337/

MP2 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366758/

Thank youuuu smile.gif

But what about Remedy? Why aren't they helping out in Max 3 and what effect might it have?

There still f*cking about with Alan Wake happy.gif

and as for effec, its too early to judge though I remain skeptical

user posted image

Does Max Payne in Max Payne 2 have the same voice actor as the original?

Yes, James McCaffrey

MP1 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291337/

MP2 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366758/

Thank youuuu smile.gif

But what about Remedy? Why aren't they helping out in Max 3 and what effect might it have?

There still f*cking about with Alan Wake happy.gif

and as for effec, its too early to judge though I remain skeptical

Oh I see. Well if Remedy were responsible for just like, making the 3D models and such, rather than the gameplay and writing, then it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for answering my 'noob' questions guys icon14.gif

Omnia sunt Communia

I do not know why Remedy aren't pursuing Max Payne 3, and I'm surprised nobody has confronted them or Take-2 about the decision. I'm sure they have their reasons though. The only thing I can see going astray is the Nordic references Remedy made in their games; will Rockstar Vancouver pick up on this as well as Remedy? Or can we expect a game made up of stale comparisons and obvious cash-ins?

Yeah, it's not developed by Remedy, so to a Finn like me it's going to suck balls already. icon14.gif

(but as always, I'll prejudice something based on something like that just like I prejudiced CoD4 for going "modern" and I'll regret it later)

Remedy announced like YEARS before this that they were not going to develop Max Payne 3.

Played the previous two games and loved them both, really enjoyed the film noir atmosphere of the second game especially. I shall be waiting for this game with abaited breath. colgate.gif

Remedy announced like YEARS before this that they were not going to develop Max Payne 3.

I remember them saying that it's highly possible that there was going to be a sequel to Max Payne 2 but they never said or denied that they were going to develop it.

http://maddieman.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/...quick-analysis/

A smart fella did some analysis on the artwork that has been released and Thimothy Gibbs (The person who 'was Max Payne' in the second game).

It's a good thing to be honest... although the original Max looked alot better. Still, not a bad choice at all... i's best to keep a logical line of actors.

I saw that on the Alan Wake forum, but doesn't mean he's gonna be in this game, looks like to me, they just got that picture of Thimothy Gibbs and edited, just to be used in Promo.

timthelegend93

how are they going to do it because i swear at the end of max payne 2 there is 2 endings, one where mona lives, one where she dies

im pretty certain as i completed 2 recently

this better be for xbox 360!!! dontgetit.gif

Did you even bother to read?

And one thing though: in the past the PC version of the game was always superiour to the console versions (although they weren't bad). The game is a PC game pure sang ... hopefully they will keep it that way. (the danger is: a Rockstar studio is going to develop it... which means GFWL, Xbox360 development and convert it over to other platforums which results in a sloppy port that is extremely demanding for your PC).

There best be co-op.

Or I will kill a f*cker.

kT8ve9H.png

Omnia sunt Communia

I can expect an dual X-Box 360/Playstation 3 launch followed by a PC port several months later. This is going to severely annoy loyal Max Payne fans, but Rockstar knows this is how they make the most money.

Ronmar The Only

I'm a loyal Max Payne fan, but it won't offend me. Though this is mostly because I'll be playing it on my 360 because I rather not spend the time and effort to consistently upgrade my computer. In addition, I've always (probably because I didn't grow up on computer games) been at home playing first person shooters, and third person that have now taken first person elements, with controllers.

Now, real-time strategy games and RPG's like Baldur's Gate definitely are better on the PC.

There best be co-op.

Or I will kill a f*cker.

Word.

I hope its still has bullet time slow motion.

...Of course it will.

Dude. It's Max Payne.

HugoMarques

Like everyone else around here I'm really excited. Only the fact that this game might not be "supervised" by Sam Lake may be a little bad, cos R* Vancouver could give their own "touch" to the game, ruining it. In fact, it has already happened. In the announcement, Max Payne is now older (it's 2009, right?), and even more cynical, and confused... THAT'S GREAT. Now, the not so cool part is that Max is now out of the force (retired) and he's out of NYC. Now, on the "retired" part, I'm like "whatever", but out of NYC? NYC IS Max's dark demon, a city where everything is against him. Out of NYC, the game it won't feel like Max Payne for me.