Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,202 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sunrise Driver

Max Payne 3

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?  

798 members have voted

1. 1. For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

• PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • PC

The Rockstar Gamer 108

@ChickenAndBeer.

I know that.

But that creepy injury...

maciexb

hello guys as i see that's a possible to swap a model of character in single player i saw a max payne 2 model so i shortcut it i'm looking a mod or try to create a model swapping max payne in single player in max payne 3 to Vladimir Lem <3

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

This game is so underrated. In my opinion, this is one of the rare games that truly deserves a 10/10 rating. I found no problems with the Xbox 360 and PC versions, the voice acting is great, the dialogue is excellent, the attention to detail is just incredible. The soundtrack, environments, tone, cinematography, controlls, lighting, physics - they are all just perfect. It's ashame that some people don't even know this game exists. So much work and effort have been put into this and it's really payed off. Well, for me anyway; apparently sales were very poor, so I'm not sure if we'll get any future Max Payne games any time soon. Regardless, if no one has tried this game already, I highly recommend it. This is how a shooter game is really done.

Gummy 

I wanna mess around in this game so bad. Is there a GTAIV/V like native trainer where we can spawn weapons, NPCs, change player models, teleport to other locations and such?

Dream-_-Traveler

If any1 still plays the multi for ps3 add me

M16_BAD_DREAM

BurnettVice

^^^^

Do you have the dlc that added co-op? Also it would be so awesome if we got another game like a prequel.

Edited by BurnettVice

Dream-_-Traveler

^^^^

Do you have the dlc that added co-op? Also it would be so awesome if we got another game like a prequel.

No sir :( is it worth getting? What's the price?

BurnettVice

Yea I think its worth it getting, it's 4.99 on PSN. The name of the dlc is called Deathmatch Made in Heaven. One guy plays as Max and the other plays as Passos. The only downside there's only two maps.

mikeinthahouse

This game is very well put together. I cannot believe Rockstar didn't put the physics/gunplay of MP3 into GTAV. Max Payne 3 is awesomely balanced with the over the top gameplay, and the realistic animations. Shame it never made it into their biggest release yet.

kBlaise

I'm crossing my fingers that this game will become backwards compatible on Xbox in the next few months.

Piggsy pls

Hmm, that was back when his face was still based on Timothy Gibbs.

Spider-Vice

Looks like it was leaked way back in 2009! http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/10/08/leaked-max-payne-3-teaser-video

also a video of it uploaded in 2009. Definitely leaked/unreleased as it still has the technical frame counter on the bottom!

I guess we just confirmed its legitimacy as it's now on the creator's Behance profile ;) Edited by Spider-Vice

Jimmy

Was this teaser ever released? This person worked for R* apparently, looking at his brand portfolio.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/24010047/RockStar-Games-Max-Payne-3-Teaser

No, I don't remember it was released.

Max Payne 3 leaks didn't get much attention like RDR or GTA leaks. It's a shame. Atleast we know that behance is more reliable.

kBlaise

That's pretty cool. The art direction wasn't even finalized. And the fact that it was delayed by 2,5 years is pretty mind-blowing.

Efreet

That's pretty cool. The art direction wasn't even finalized. And the fact that it was delayed by 2,5 years is pretty mind-blowing.

That happened because they overestimated their ability to deliver this alongside RDR, Agent, GTA IV DLCs, L.A.Noire and god knows what in a short time frame. They couldn't and the result was management focusing on one or two projects and leaving other developers floating by themselves with no direction. I believe this is why R* management has been getting bad feedback from ex-developers.

Edited by Jabalous

Gummy 

Still haven't found any native trainer..

Spider-Vice

So, it seems like Max Payne 3 still has some secrets hidden away in its game files. Let's begin with a story. Before HEALTH took charge of the OST of the game, Pedro Bromfman (archive.is link without media player interaction), composer for Narcos and Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad) would be the one who would score Max Payne 3. He still has sample files on his website, which you can find on the left side menu or in this Google Drive folder. He is still credited in the game, despite none of his tracks actually being used.

His OST was completely different from what we hear today from Health. Hidden away in a Max Payne 3 folder (audio.rpf/sfx/interactive_music/), not only are the Red Dead Redemption death sounds they left behind, but also something very interesting. The file office_song_01 does not match HEALTH's style at all, and sounds like this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByI_lwR4zqugcl9zWjlaSXJVZVE (Stems joined by me, I didn't do any remixing work with them except for the lead bass that fades in about a quarter of the way. I just put them all together in their respective stereo channels)

It completely lacks HEALTH's raw power in the original OST and sounds more "classical" in tone, just like the samples on his website. A bit of a shame, I like HEALTH's OST a lot, but I think a soundtrack like Pedro's would've been slightly more fitting.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Piggsy pls

I had downloaded MP3's entire music folder and had listened to that track, but I thought it was just a test song composed by Health, cool stuff. Bromfman's got a nice musical style, but I much prefer what Health did with the game, and the depressive sound they made for Max to go with the depressive tone of the game.

That said, I think some elements of Bromfman's favela track are still used in the final version (Favela_One_Song_2, I believe it's called), listen to them both and you'll definitely hear the same exact sounds used in both. Maybe that's why he's still credited.

Ruin

Was this teaser ever released? This person worked for R* apparently, looking at his brand portfolio.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/24010047/RockStar-Games-Max-Payne-3-Teaser

Many people disregarded it as a fan-made trailer due to the fact R* never utilized it. I had just finished MP2 and was hungry for more Max Payne and remember stumbling upon that.

So, it seems like Max Payne 3 still has some secrets hidden away in its game files. Let's begin with a story. Before HEALTH took charge of the OST of the game, Pedro Bromfman (archive.is link without media player interaction), composer for Narcos and Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad) would be the one who would score Max Payne 3. He still has sample files on his website, which you can find on the left side menu or in this Google Drive folder. He is still credited in the game, despite none of his tracks actually being used.

His OST was completely different from what we hear today from Health. Hidden away in a Max Payne 3 folder (audio.rpf/sfx/interactive_music/), not only are the Red Dead Redemption death sounds they left behind, but also something very interesting. The file office_song_01 does not match HEALTH's style at all, and sounds like this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByI_lwR4zqugcl9zWjlaSXJVZVE (Stems joined by me, I didn't do any remixing work with them except for the lead bass that fades in about a quarter of the way. I just put them all together in their respective stereo channels)

It completely lacks HEALTH's raw power in the original OST and sounds more "classical" in tone, just like the samples on his website. A bit of a shame, I like HEALTH's OST a lot, but I think a soundtrack like Pedro's would've been slightly more fitting.

Great songs! I wish there was a way to get these to play instead of Health's tracks. I never was a big fan of the actual utilized pieces.

Ruin

This game is very well put together. I cannot believe Rockstar didn't put the physics/gunplay of MP3 into GTAV. Max Payne 3 is awesomely balanced with the over the top gameplay, and the realistic animations. Shame it never made it into their biggest release yet.

From what I remember MP3 uses projectiles and raycast shooting mechanics whereas GTAV uses traditional hitscan. Apparently GTAV + raycast mechanics would not work on PS(3)60 so they went with hitscan detection which is far less strenuous on the console.

A shame really, because while I never want to touch GTAV's deathmatches again, I still log on to MP3's multiplayer and play a few games from time to time. It's just too bad the multiplayer never developed a scene and for years if you want to play Multiplayer you'll have to settle for Large Team Deathmatch on the 3 base-game maps. I still haven't gotten a single game on the precinct. Ever.

Edit: Whoops, double-post. Sorry.

Edited by Ruin

cp1dell

Is it possible to create and replace the .bik cutscenes in the game? I know they can be accessed with OpenIV, but if you replaced them with alternate .bik videos similar in length, would they work?

Spider-Vice

I assume so. I think they're regularly encoded Bink files. The engine probably takes into account its length though so I think that's probably the only limitation.

Indi

Any patch notes?

Also this song is epic:

Edited by Indi

PeterCrags

Have any of you grabbed Max Payne 3? If not, SHAME on you.

Edited by PeterCrags

Gummy 

I wouldn't mind a Max Payne game with this guy composing.

cp1dell

GTX 970

Anyone have any success with using DSR in this? Resolution won't show up in game, and editing the graphics.xml and even setting it to read-only doesn't work.

Spider-Vice

Latest Windows 10 update? Display settings including DSR won't stick until you restart the machine. i.e. enable DSR, restart, then resolutions should be available.