3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Better than GTAIV?

The Horror Is Alive

The Horror Is Alive

Definitely yes, IMO. So much more to do, and I'm not required to run a sh*tty PC port. No annoying girlfriends/friends and muscle/fat/stamina/cocksize/whatever (yes, I know that was San An, but the point still stands). I was sick of all that sh*t.

Now it's just pure fun in CTW.

I reckon it's the best GTA yet.

WhatsPoppin

I just wish i could get on top of that f-ing coffee cup biggrin.gif

And they are equal because while GTA CTW is better than IV in terms of pure fun it cant nudge ahead of IV because of lack of online multiplayer

The Horror Is Alive
Though I'm still curious what a 3d GTA on DS would look like.

Idiot, CTW is 3D.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Idiot, CTW is 3D.

yep but not full

Definitely yes, IMO. So much more to do, and I'm not required to run a sh*tty PC port. No annoying girlfriends/friends and muscle/fat/stamina/cocksize/whatever (yes, I know that was San An, but the point still stands). I was sick of all that sh*t.

Now it's just pure fun in CTW.

I reckon it's the best GTA yet.

Please post this in the IV forums- I want to see their reaction happy.gif

Idiot, CTW is 3D.

He meant, what would be like to play a third person one, I think.Well, it would suck.The graphics would be horrible, since the DS cannot support something like that.

But, it is a 3rd person, 3D game...

Anyway, hell no it is not as good as IV. Playing both, CTW is a fecking joke. Very boring so far, might not even review it...

It's nice for on a DS, but like, meh, they should have done it on PSP/PS2 and made a real game out of it, that's all...

This game doesn't hold a candle to GTA IV. It is the old games with sh*t graphics and VERY annoying "touch activities". Nothing more - old game, old right-angles, bad scaling, shaky mess, mildly amusing, best DS game of all time? Yes. Better than IV? f*ck no. tounge.gif

My opinion may change, but so far, it's a dud once you've played for an hour... However it is VERY awesome to know where you are when you first start up a GTA... that's a first other than the "stories" games... And it is awesome to see the "tiny version" of what you remember in IV.

Edited by chngdman

some ways yes... and others no

there are hardly any cars and they all look the same, the story is weak too, lack of online multiplaye

its a good game yes but theres alot that could be improved

Well it certainly beats the PC version of GTA IV: no installing issues, no fiddling with graphic options, and especially, NO ROMAN B%TCH%N' ABOUT GOING TO SEE SOME [email protected] T%TT%ES!! (well, that was in every version, but it get old quickly).

And technically, it's far more supperior...er...ish. dozingoff.gif

I think they`re calling it 2.5D. You can`t compare the two IMO, but it is ossum, toadly ossum dewd. I went ov IV yesterday and jumped onto the roof of SumYung Gai and there was body armour in the noodle bowl. haha.

Bullet_Chris
I think they`re calling it 2.5D. You can`t compare the two IMO, but it is ossum, toadly ossum dewd. I went ov IV yesterday and jumped onto the roof of SumYung Gai and there was body armour in the noodle bowl. haha.

No...I think they are calling you a dumbf*ck!

GTA CW is a topdown(or whatever it is called)3D game.yes, it is similar to GTA I which was indeed 2.5D(because it had sprites for cars and peds)but this one is fully 3D.

Well better, what is better? I don't think that you can compare CW to IV. IV is for PS3, Xbox360 and PC, they can handle much more then a Nintendo DS. In my opinion, Rockstar didn't get everything out of the PS3, but it did out of the Nintendo DS. So in this respect, I really think CW is better. Besides, everyone expected a lot of GTA IV, so when it was released, some people where disappointed. The expectations of CW where relatively low, so Rockstar had the opportunity to surpise everyone.

The gameplay of the DS is very funny, but the graphics at GTA IV are way better. Of course. I do think that GTA IV is way better then CW, but I enjoyed playing CW for the first time way more then playing GTA IV for the first time.

So technical better? Absolutely not! But more enjoy? For some people, like me, who don't think beautiful graphics is that important, it could be more enjoy then GTA IV.

GTA CW is a topdown(or whatever it is called)3D game.yes, it is similar to GTA I which was indeed 2.5D(because it had sprites for cars and peds)but this one is fully 3D.

Why don't people understand it:

GTA CTW is fully 3D, only the pedestrians are 2D sprites

Still, those sprites are high grade (angle correction and fluid animation make them as good as 3D)

FILIPINOMAZTER

i cant say better than gta IV but its clearly much much better than the psp's gta

hard to say, but i say yes Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

CTW just has more pure gameplay. Tons of Minigames, Dealing, Touchscreen, Mission replays.

GTA IV surely has more the Wow-Effect, graphics, radio, realism is very hot.

Yesterday i tried out the new PC patch for IV. First i was blasted by the nice graphics again, but after a while i missed all my CTW minigames. So i switched on the DS again, after that i didnt miss IV for a second. In comparison to CTW the IV Gameplay i just boring wow.gif

Another huge advantage of CTW: its portable! Darn u can play this little gem in the sh*thouse or in the brazilian jungle.

But anyways, for the true GTA experience people should have played both.

IV for the awesome world design in true 3D, the realism (driving f.e.), the radio.

CTW for the most fun. biggrin.gif

Edited by Grouch79

The more I play it the less I like it. It feels like the exact same thing over and over. And not in the good way like other GTA games. No, this is the small things that are over and over. Weave left, pass car, weave right, keep weaving, hit this, hit that...

Best DS game ever? yes. In the top 5 GTA of all time? No.

gtaMASTER123

gta cw is 3d game but not full is top down view gta cw was more fun if there put full 3d

One thing i have to add:

as amazing the GTA IV graphics are, i find it even more amazing that much of its detail can be found in the tiny CTW.

Like Star Junction and most of its details, the gang picture in front of Romans Hideout in Bohan etc. inlove.gif

It's close, but right now I think GTA Chinatown Wars is funnier, because of the Mini-Games, drug-dealing, funny missions...and the great graphics.

More things to do!

Edited by Redketman

Bullet_Chris

Why don't people understand it:

GTA CTW is fully 3D, only the pedestrians are 2D sprites

Still, those sprites are high grade (angle correction and fluid animation make them as good as 3D)

I thought the peds were full 3d.I feel like a noob now! blush.gif

And yes this is better than any portable GTA even better than GTA I & II.

Yes.

I personally love the style and graphics. Its for the DS. So it has its own unique style. GTAIV cant be compared to CTW on graphics, they arent even near the same kind of console. But the way you get to break into cars, make molotovs, and the little things with the touch pad makes the game better than the same ol' GTA crap we have on Xbox and PS2/PS3.

CTW is better than GTAIV.

^^^ tounge2.gif Sorry I never have played CTW and I ain't the biggest fan of IV but that sounds so funny. Never will I get the game but it is never going to be as good as a ps2 or ps3 gta game.

^^^ tounge2.gif Sorry I never have played CTW and I ain't the biggest fan of IV but that sounds so funny. Never will I get the game but it is never going to be as good as a ps2 or ps3 gta game.

well if youre not going to get it how will you know?

CheatingSoi
some ways yes... and others no

there are hardly any cars and they all look the same, the story is weak too, lack of online multiplaye

its a good game yes but theres alot that could be improved

I'm pretty sure there's about the same amount of cars as in gta IV. They need more in both games. GTA IV's cars all sucked and there was barley any of them. I dont get why they dont add hundred +cars.

Update: It's growing on me a little bit more. I still am unconvinced and I have yet to truly have fun, but so far, without leaving Broker/Dukes yet, it's growing on me. Still nowhere near GTA III, let alone IV.