Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,173 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rockstar Toronto

Title Update Version 1.0.3.0

Question

Rockstar Toronto

Version 1.0.3.0

Today, in our continuing effort to support and enhance Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC, we are happy to announce Patch 1.0.3.0 is now available for download. Notable features include graphical optimization; greater user control over graphic settings, including a new "OFF" option for reflection and shadow quality; and the elimination of remapping restrictions for keyboard and mouse, allowing for user-custom control schemes.

To download the latest patch please follow the link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html

GRAPHICS:

Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards

- All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)

- ALT-TAB fixed

Graphics Settings

- Added menu option "OFF" for Reflection quality

- Added menu option "OFF" for Shadow quality

PERFORMANCE:

- Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)

- Graphical Performance Optimizations

MULTIPLAYER:

NAT Type detection

- Detect if user has a "strict" NAT and displays message for user

Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off

CONTROLS:

Keyboard/Mouse

- Remapping restrictions removed

- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user

- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped

Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu

- Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.

- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting

Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)

- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device

Added more Direct Input / XInput device support

- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990

- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600

- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad

SECURITY:

Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found

- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer

- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress

VIDEO EDITOR:

Scroll Bar improved response

- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs

Sped up load times for users with many clips

TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:

Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props

- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world

Scrolling signboards

- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)

ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes

- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync

GENERAL ADDITIONS/FIXES:

Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing

- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo

360 Controller Texture

- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen

1,111 answers to this question

Marduk123

i did like it like that wink.gif

or they shld have make , i dont know maybe

a type of game that allow mods ...

i dunno

its more fun to drift or go fast in bikes ...

then play normal games

well in my case

its really boring to paly the normal game

Now or Never

well in my case

Shut uuuupppp!!! dontgetit.gifbored.gif

And be happy the new patch is out... tounge.gif

Firkon

i did like it like that wink.gif

or they shld have make  , i dont know maybe

a type of game that allow mods ...

i dunno

its more fun to drift or  go fast in bikes ...

then play normal games

well in my case

I loved playing free mode with mods etc. Other gametypes i didn't mod/hack/cheat etc, because there is no need for. In free mode it's boring without mods. Couldn't R* please set mods only to free mode. tounge.gif

Arturs_Z

Love Rockstar blush.gif

no cheaters at least blush.gif

Hydro_PT

Well here's my little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

- My game is smoother than ever, and the option to turn shadows off improve the FPS by 4-5. Also the game looks better without shadows than with shadows IMO. So, that's good. My FPS are now between 40/30 all the time, and I'm abusing, because I'm using high settings that I shouldn't. Still the game runs very good. I still think you guys can optimize even more the game engine, but so far it's very good. The game is powerful, so don't expect to run it at high settings.

- The missing objects returned! I didn't check all the places, of course, but I checked some and the objects are back. biggrin.gif

- It's cool that you can now configure all the keys. I didn't change those though, because I'm so used to my configuration already. But it will be useful for players that are not yet used to the default controls that you cannot change, or keys that you cannot assign a function.

- The anti-cheat system works so far! I had some mods and hacks for singleplayer and free roam online, but even though I can use them in SP, I cannot use online. Finally we can play without cheaters or hackers ruining the fun! I think I'm gonna play online all day.

- The clocktower and other things are also working, I checked. It's a good graphical addition.

In general I would give this patch a 8 in 10. It brings some good improvements (specially the graphics settings and the anti-cheating measure) and it shows that Rockstar Toronto are aware of the game's problems and what players want. Still there are things to fix IMO, but I'm sure they will work on them for the upcoming patches. We just need to wait.

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one. smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

http://img27.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gta1e.jpg

OabAli
well in my case

Shut uuuupppp!!! dontgetit.gifbored.gif

And be happy the new patch is out... tounge.gif

+10

Rickzu
I loved playing free mode with mods etc. Other gametypes i didn't mod/hack/cheat etc, because there is no need for. In free mode it's boring without mods. Couldn't R* please set mods only to free mode. tounge.gif

No because freemode was sh*t with mods aswell. Arseholes with rocket guns and indestructible cars harassing others.

Subversion1337

People who use mods that give them an advantage over normal players in an online game were killing this game. Thank god its been dissallowed. Thank you R*! There are hundreds of players that don't post here who were crying out for anti-cheat in the lobbies and games, everytime a rocket pistol dickhead came in or a flying car spawner. And you've also re-enstated the legitimacy of the online ranking system. You have done a great thing R* by disallowing modded files in online games. Thank you very much once again.

To all the moaners, screw you, you don't even deserve to be heard imo.

TiRANB

It's available from the update site now

miarkus

I'm loving this new patch biggrin.gif No more stuttering, and performance is so much better

WELL DONE R* icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Firkon

No because freemode was sh*t with mods aswell. Arseholes with rocket guns and indestructible cars harassing others.

The kind of cheating with rockedguns sucked really yes. Or spamming the cars and objects. That kind was really annoying. But just drive around very fast with a car? Is that annoying? Or spawn a Sultan RS, not millions, just one to drive?

wesley123
What about AA?

Anti alliassing is hard to build in a program afterwards, so even when it will ocme it wouldnt work even correctly as the game isnt made for AA, atleast that is what i read.

Arturs_Z
Well here's my little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

- My game is smoother than ever, and the option to turn shadows off improve the FPS by 4-5. Also the game looks better without shadows than with shadows IMO. So, that's good. My FPS are now between 40/30 all the time, and I'm abusing, because I'm using high settings that I shouldn't. Still the game runs very good. I still think you guys can optimize even more the game engine, but so far it's very good. The game is powerful, so don't expect to run it at high settings.

- The missing objects returned! I didn't check all the places, of course, but I checked some and the objects are back. biggrin.gif

- It's cool that you can now configure all the keys. I didn't change those though, because I'm so used to my configuration already. But it will be useful for players that are not yet used to the default controls that you cannot change, or keys that you cannot assign a function.

- The anti-cheat system works so far! I had some mods and hacks for singleplayer and free roam online, but even though I can use them in SP, I cannot use online. Finally we can play without cheaters or hackers ruining the fun! I think I'm gonna play online all day.

- The clocktower and other things are also working, I checked. It's a good graphical addition.

In general I would give this patch a 8 in 10. It brings some good improvements (specially the graphics settings and the anti-cheating measure) and it shows that Rockstar Toronto are aware of the game's problems and what players want. Still there are things to fix IMO, but I'm sure they will work on them for the upcoming patches. We just need to wait.

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one. smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

woot!!! clock tower working. thnx for screens smile.gif

Now or Never

Well here's my  little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one.  smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

Nice nice...

Edited by Now or Never

Red_153D

Scrolling signboards

- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)

Wasn't that hard, was it? smile.gif

lilmcnessy

rocket pistol dickhead

To fix the weapon and explosions cheating issues maybe have an online file which creates the stats for online games and is not editable by players and the files on your computer should only affect single player.

Is that how the script works in mmorpgs?

Rickzu
The kind of cheating with rockedguns sucked really yes. Or spamming the cars and objects. That kind was really annoying. But just drive around very fast with a car? Is that annoying? Or spawn a Sultan RS, not millions, just one to drive?

That's not the point. If you allow the fun mods you're getting the bad ones in a bundle.

I am for an online mode for mods thought, something like Freemode with mods that would be separate from Freemode without them.

The Horror Is Alive

File mirror with no waits and good speeds:

DOWNLOAD

Firkon

That's not the point. If you allow the fun mods you're getting the bad ones in a bundle.

I am for an online mode for mods thought, something like Freemode with mods that would be separate from Freemode without them.

That's an great idea! A seperate onlne mode for mods and one for without mods. So people who liked to use mod can play that kind. smile.gif Great idea! Maybe for next update? smile.gif

ishan23

maybe a noobish question,but will reinstalling affect my save games.

if yes please tell me how to backup them?

Arturs_Z
now when watching leaderboards, there is no funny sounds lots of times, but now only one time smile.gif

Marduk123

look each people have their opinion so the guy telling me to shut up

you go and shut up yourself

lilmcnessy

Did this patch replace any old files, I have Niko's old face back which is good because someone went wrong with the texture of it and his eyes disappeared so i had to download a new one

Rickzu

Yeah, Hitler had his own opinions too, why didn't they just leave the poor guy alone? Because if they did, europe would be f*cked right now.

It's the same with modders, let them be and everyone else who doesn't share the same opinions shall perish in the explosions from rocket glocks.

Now or Never

That would be me but sorry kind of the patch has not been completely tried yet so lets not judge before we know... confused.gif

Marduk123

but what i said first, was handling.dat mainly not stupid weapon

whatever, i dont give a f*ck, they do what they want seriously

you think what you want

i dont care

lol

f*ck

Now or Never

R* link now works...

Murcchachosa

Well, I readed the whole topic.

So I'll give it a try how the game plays on an integrated GPU.

Rickzu

but what i  said first,    was  handling.dat  mainly not   stupid weapon

whatever, i dont  give a f*ck, they do what they want seriously

you think what you want

i dont care

lol

f*ck

I made this for you

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8679/4523445245.png

Watinho

I'm wondering how to run not-so-original copy of the game with this patch/