3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

hijack police maverick

Dr.Killa

it is in vice city stories yes its possible i did it a couple times ( even tho pointless). is it possible in lcs? its hella harder because either the highest reachable point isnt solid or high enough if it is solid. also the height limit apparently wont affect it because its always above me no matter what.....

gta 4 gamer

As far as I know, you can't steal a police maverick. The only 2 helicopters you can steal are in the missions of calm before the storm(Not sure what the exact name of the mission, but the one where you follow Torini) and false idols.

I don't think the model for the Police Maverick that follows you is the same as drivable-Maverick.

I don't think the model for the Police Maverick that follows you is the same as drivable-Maverick.

The Police Maverick you can get with the Cheatdevice is just like it`s VC counterpart a standart Maverick helicopter with a unique paintjob and no radio...

If you compare the flyable one with the heli that chases you you`ll notice that you can`t look trough the glass.

R* did this to prevent you from seeing inside the heli, since there`s no pilot in it.

In GTA VC you could look trough the glass, which made it somehow dumb looking.

A remote controlled police heli. icon13.gif

In San Andreas it was exactly the same, no pilot either.

In LCS they "fixed" this by making the glass non transparent.

And in VCS they finally got it right, the heli is now the real Police Maverick which is also flyable by the player and it finally has a pilot !

Sorry for going into the details, but it kinda fascinates me to see what R* did to hide some lazy programming from us... lol.gif

All I wanted to say is that the heli which chases you is not the same as the real flyable one and not hijackable either ! wink.gif

The only games in which you can jack helis that chase you are: GTA IV; San Andreas and Vice City Stories, in all of the others, the helis fly too high.

If you spawn the invisible heli in cheat device, then take it to a pay and spray, it becomes the heli which chases you when you have 3 stars or more.

Edited by nerner

Flesh-n-Bone
The only games in which you can jack helis that chase you are San Andreas and Vice City Stories, in all of the others, the helis fly too high.

If you spawn the invisible heli in cheat device, then take it to a pay and spray, it becomes the heli which chases you when you have 3 stars or more.

And GTA IV too. I don't know, but the way I have tried to get a police Maverick from the invisible pilot in LCS is by doing the sniper trick and then run for where the heli will fall and press the enter button when nearby, but the damn thing always explodes right at that time.

The only games in which you can jack helis that chase you are San Andreas and Vice City Stories, in all of the others, the helis fly too high.

And GTA IV too. I don't know, but the way I have tried to get a police Maverick from the invisible pilot in LCS is by doing the sniper trick and then run for where the heli will fall and press the enter button when nearby, but the damn thing always explodes right at that time.

what trick?

what trick?

Aim your sniper rifle at the cockpit (where the pilot should be) and shoot.

Flesh-n-Bone
and it works?

What works? If you mean whether the heli goes down and explodes faster than taking it down with a gun, then yes. But if you mean if you can hijacking on it's fall, I'm unsure, I have failed in all my attempts.

It`s impossible to hijack it because the heli explodes when you TOUCH it !

So even if you manage to reach it in time it`ll always explode, no matter what you do...

But it`s possible to fly it with the Cheatdevice !

Use Powerjump to fly onto the heli and press triangle before you fall down.

Now activate this cheat:

#cheat Teleport into the Police Mavericksetchar(pplayer + 0x538, 1);#offsetchar(pplayer + 0x538, 0);

You will be transfered into the helicopter, but you can`t really fly it...

Activate Hovercars to move it around !

This cheat also works for the Planes at the airport, the Ferrys and the Portland Trains !

Besides, did you know that the game calls it Helicopter instead of Police Maverick ?

Edited by Upaluppa
  • Like 1

So even if you manage to reach it in time it`ll always explode, no matter what you do...

Now activate this cheat:

#cheat Teleport into the Police Mavericksetchar(pplayer + 0x538, 1);#offsetchar(pplayer + 0x538, 0);

Activate Hovercars to move it around !

This cheat also works for the Planes at the airport, the Ferrys and the Portland Trains !

Besides, did you know that the game calls it Helicopter instead of Police Maverick ?

Its really wierd that it explodes when you touch it. Maybe R* did not want us to find out that there was no one piloting the plane, so they put that little piece of programming in.

Now activate this cheat:

Ac

holy sh*t U MEAN I CAN DRIVE THEM? im downgrading my psp and using cheat device

Yeah, of course you can ! lol.gif

You know...

...everything is possible with Cheatdevice ! cool.gif

I sorta got a police maverick that the cops fly around, it went down, I was on a rampage, not a real one, and the heli was headed to my garage. I ran and opened it, the heli went in, and got the garage door closed before the heli exploded. However, when i opened the garage, i saw the heli in the building above my garage, and it was stuck. This was in staunton island

Yeah, of course you can ! lol.gif

You know...

...everything is possible with Cheatdevice ! cool.gif

wow do u think you can post a vid of driving them

er, also did u get my pm

This post has been removed, too f*ckin bad

Edited by kid23455

no, i didnt get your pm.

And also, the heli flew into he garage, so t fixed itself from crashing, but was INSIDE the building above the garage. When i saved it in a new slot, i reloaded the game, and the heli was gone. Plus the garage door wouldnt close

i was talking to upaluppa...

and how did u do that? sounds interesting i wanna try

no, i didnt get your pm.

And also, the heli flew into he garage, so t fixed itself from crashing, but was INSIDE the building above the garage. When i saved it in a new slot, i reloaded the game, and the heli was gone. Plus the garage door wouldnt close

Sorry, next time try to quote to avoid confusion

also, the thing was a once in a million shot, it could hit a wall, it could hit the dirt, it could do anything. I had killed at least a hundred police helis in the staunton safehouse. If you want you can try, the police heli only went in because it was aligned just perfectly.

no, i didnt get your pm.

Sorry, next time try to quote to avoid confusion

also, the thing was a once in a million shot, it could hit a wall, it could hit the dirt, it could do anything. I had killed at least a hundred police helis in the staunton safehouse. If you want you can try, the police heli only went in because it was aligned just perfectly.

yea butt wat did u do to get it that low on the ground?

I`ll do a little gif of me flying it ! cool.gif

And I just want to let you guys know that it`s pointless to try to get it into the garage, since even if you really manage to get it in you can`t fly it.

That`s because the game crashes when you try to enter the heli, plus it turns invisible when you reopen the garage again !

I`ve actually managed to fly it into my garage, so I can say this for sure !

Edited by Upaluppa

Its really wierd that it explodes when you touch it. Maybe R* did not want us to find out that there was no one piloting the plane, so they put that little piece of programming in.

It's just good clean-up. If it's going down, it's set to explode the moment it makes collision with something. Also a reason why car chassis are always replaced with low poly black car-cusses.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, here are the gifs I promised !

The Airplane:

user posted image

The Police Helicopter:

user posted image

The Train:

user posted image

The Ferry:

user posted image

Fun with the Faggio:

user posted image

Sorry for letting you wait so long...

EDIT:

Sorry for posting it twice, I got this thing mixed up somehow... blush.gif

Edited by Upaluppa

so thats wat this invisible heli is..how did they know its a heli anyways

Because if you take the invisible heli to a pay n spray, it becomes visible again, and it is a police heli.

Yep, they are one and the same.

The Cheatdevice somehow glitches it up and turns it invisible when you spawn it.

But you can tell that the helicopter I was flying in the gif is not spawned because you can see it`s rotor blades which are not visible if you take the tiny invisible heli into a pay & spray ! wink.gif

It`s also not the normal spawnable Police Maverick and you can easily tell that because you can`t look trough the glass like you can with the normal Police Maverick !

user posted image

I really jacked the heli which chases you at three or more stars ! cool.gif

Edited by Upaluppa

Would you be able to hijack the big planes at the airport in VCS using the teleport inside Method? If so, that would be awesome.