2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Worst mission of Vice city- Spoilers..

MrAlexVercetti

yea, cop land, and demolition man were the worst missions for me back in 2006-07. mostly the demolition man, i simply stopped playing cuz didnt have numpad and didnt want to mess up the controls, so i stopped doing missions until i got an external keyboard to do it..

CoolMods

yea, cop land, and demolition man were the worst missions for me back in 2006-07. mostly the demolition man, i simply stopped playing cuz didnt have numpad and didnt want to mess up the controls, so i stopped doing missions until i got an external keyboard to do it..

I personally changed the controls when i had a laptop without numpad. But now, i got a laptop that has numpad too!

The worst for me is checkpoint charlie. It's f*cking impossible for me, but, i could complete it, it needs atleast 3 minutes.

Tommy1233

Demolition man is easy mission for me .

Marcos18

The boatyard mission

Evil empire

At the beginning Demolition man turned me goat but now I learned controlling the helicopters I don't find it complicated.

Crossbones

Demolition Man

Bomb's Away !

Dildo Dodo

Algonquin Assassin

I'm really not a fan of any mission that involves a boat because the controls (on console anyway) feel imprecise. Supply & Demand was a huge pain in the ass trying to navigate the boat through tight canals for that reason.

To be honest I like Demolition Man and I guess it's to Vice City what Wrong Side Of The Tracks is to San Andreas with most players finding them frustrating to playthrough. With Demolition Man I only found it hard on PC because I wasn't used to the control setup, but on PS2 I've always found it a breeze. Generally I hate timed missions, but not this one.

TheSantader25

Cop land. Fu*kin police cars and cops coming in the garage and don't let the goddamn door to close. 

Blaze
On 6/13/2018 at 6:07 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

I'm really not a fan of any mission that involves a boat because the controls (on console anyway) feel imprecise. Supply & Demand was a huge pain in the ass trying to navigate the boat through tight canals for that reason.

To be honest I like Demolition Man and I guess it's to Vice City what Wrong Side Of The Tracks is to San Andreas with most players finding them frustrating to playthrough. With Demolition Man I only found it hard on PC because I wasn't used to the control setup, but on PS2 I've always found it a breeze. Generally I hate timed missions, but not this one.

JmSlJqO.png

;)

I feel like alot of those missions that seemed hard back in the day were only hard because of either PS2 controls or the fact we were younger. Demolition Man, Wrong Side Of The Tracks, Bomb Da Base etc all seemed hard then but are fairly easy nowadays.

∴

I still feel sick when I think about Checkpoint Charlie. I'm abysmal with boats.

Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, Blaze said:

JmSlJqO.png

;)

I feel like alot of those missions that seemed hard back in the day were only hard because of either PS2 controls or the fact we were younger. Demolition Man, Wrong Side Of The Tracks, Bomb Da Base etc all seemed hard then but are fairly easy nowadays.

I have never thought of doing that. The things you learn just when you think you know everything lol.

Thanks.👍

Blaze

Checkout a speedrun by kz_frew adamak etc, lots of little tips/tricks/strategies in there that'll make missions much easier.

guiltless

Did you have to post this, of course Demolition Man, especially when you have a sh*tty PS2 controller

GTA_CAT

The Driver, a mission that was meant to be failed.

Demolition Man, took me 2 years to complete it but finally could. Although all the complications the thrilling sensation I felt when I almost complete it was great.

Evil empire

I remember I had some troubles completing The driver  but this mission didn't leave me a nightmarish memory.

Hmmm nice bike
Posted (edited)

I still remember the threads dedicated to strategies on how to beat The Driver. Some of the suggestions included parking a faster car right near the start point and quickly switch cars, trying to shove Hillary into the parking garage entrance that you pass so that he'd get stuck, and also activating the flying cars cheat so that Hillary would lose control and fly off (though I feel like this would put you at risk of failing the mission if he ends up crashing upside down and blowing up, the AI probably couldn't exactly make a stable landing or know how to control a car that suddenly ends up flying).

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

TommyTheMan

Gun Runner, the endless waves of guys in scooters are a real pain, plus the Walton-drivers have a tendency to run you over which kills you very fast.

ProKiller93

demolition man and dildo jet

TheRandomUser1

Checkpoint Charlie was the worst mission I played in VC. It's difficult for me to control the boat. The checkpoints are purposely placed to force players to make sharp turns, and the stunt jumps are frustrating. For a mission that requires no killing, I am forced to load my game or lose my weapons if I turn my boat upside down. 

This mission doesn't have any cutscenes (unless you count the property purchased cutscene), dialogue, or any unique objective. It feels more like a side mission, and I don't like being forced to do side missions in games to advance the story. 

LorshZontek
Posted (edited)

i hate demolition man, checkpoint charlie and the driver, the plane controls suck,the boats are terrible at going corners , and the car your driving in the driver is pretty difficult to control at times 

Edited by LorshZontek
fix somethings after noticing after posting

Blaze

None of the missions in VC are particularly hard UNTIL you try to speedrun the game, then you'll lose your f*cking sh*t.

MARKUS.
On 6/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, Blaze said:

I feel like alot of those missions that seemed hard back in the day were only hard because of either PS2 controls or the fact we were younger.

You got that right! I think it's a mix between couple of reasons.

- We were indeed younger. I was 11 when I played Vice City

- the AI sucked back in the day due to limitations (all you had to do is program the AI to shoot straight, Rockstar)

- Yeah time limit missions were kinda challenging. Could be that R* was a dick back in the day or maybe we were younger and it was kinda challenging/frustrating for our age

Talking about age, I remember how ignorant/naive I was, that I thought that the mission was stupid due to the fact that the police was chasing me because I was selling Ice cream... maybe Vice City cops didn't like people enjoying a nice Ice cream 😛

AxA

Demolition Man