3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is this availble yet?

Triznriz

I know the official release isn't for another 3 days, but is there any chance of this being available in stores?

No, of course not.

GTA3Rockstar
No, of course not.

Well, some people have bought it

Then why the question?

I never looked into this game, so I might have to since it'll be released soon. smile.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT

It is available, it got leaked early by pirates and is available for download.

Today I've made an thread about the leak of GTA CTW and showed some pics and this freaky mods on GTAForums deleted my topic, goddamn hellf*ck it angry.gif

No, of course not.

No they haven't. They have pirated it, which is illegal and discussion of it is not allowed here.

CharmingCharlie

The "freaky" mods did it to protect this forum, you may think you can do anything without worry of being shut down but this forum can't take that risk. All the moderators are doing is followed the established rule that any screen shots or videos from illegally obtained software should be removed for the forums OWN protection.

On a personal note I am pretty disgusted with the way some members have behaved on here with the posting of screen shots and videos. You endangered this forum just so you could have bragging rights which I think is personally reprehensible.

No they haven't.

If it has left the Rockstar warehouse it will show up in stores before the official release date.

I see it time and time again: there's always some idiot who thinks he can just say "no" when people ask if something is available early, as if it's within the realm of possibility that you can ship literally millions of units and expect that every one is being held in compliance with the street date.

Books, CD's, DVD's, video games, every single one of them leaks every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So yeah, I truly believe that people are finding it and buying it early. I'm not so naive that I can't see the reality of the situation.

Are people pirating it? Obviously. Does that in any way preclude the possibility that people are buying legitimate physical copies of the game by people not obeying street date? No.

The Horror Is Alive

The "freaky" mods did it to protect this forum, you may think you can do anything without worry of being shut down but this forum can't take that risk.  All the moderators are doing is followed the established rule that any screen shots or videos from illegally obtained software should be removed for the forums OWN protection. 

On a personal note I am pretty disgusted with the way some members have behaved on here with the posting of screen shots and videos.  You endangered this forum just so you could have bragging rights which I think is personally reprehensible.

Excuse me?

ENDANGERED?

Stop being so f*cking melodramatic. Gameplay videos, if anything, will only INCREASE the hype of CTW and help bring more sales, because you know, about 90% people can't be f*cked to download and run things on an emulator. It's really a bitch to have to play a DS game with a keyboard because it's not the way the game is meant to be played, but some people are dedicated to helping people and keeping up the hype. Grow up, CC.

Stop being so f*cking melodramatic. Gameplay videos, if anything, will only INCREASE the hype of CTW and help bring more sales, because you know, about 90% people can't be f*cked to download and run things on an emulator. It's really a bitch to have to play a DS game with a keyboard because it's not the way the game is meant to be played, but some people are dedicated to helping people and keeping up the hype. Grow up, CC.

Given your recent posting history of screenshots, specific gameplay details, videos, all of which got locked or binned, all of which were created on (by your own admission) an illegal copy, I'd say you're skating on thin ice.

The Horror Is Alive

... and that's why I'm not gonna post any more, but I'm still gonna try and defend my point if anyone says that I've done something wrong. I've fully paid off my preorder, so I feel that I have some sort of right, but that's obviously not appreciated around here.

Well we recieved out stock today at work, so i have been playing it at work on lunch (i have paid mine off so it's ok haha) anyhow, there is no online multiplayer any report stating otherwise is a bit wrong.

There is only text chatting and status upload to the social network.

However we aren't gunna break the date on release because it means we get fined.

P.s No i can't take it home sad.gif but i'm at work again tomoz yay:)

No, of course not.

No, they didn't buy it, they downloaded it. You asked if it is available in stores, it isn't (yet).

No, they didn't buy it, they downloaded it. You asked if it is available in stores, it isn't (yet).

AGAIN, if there are copies in stores some stores have put them out for people to buy.

IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. There are millions of copies of the game in thousands of stores and even if 99% of them don't make it out early that 1% still does.

I'd like you to tell me how you think Rockstar could possibly put out a shipment literally comprised of millions of little boxes and actually ensure that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM isn't sold before March 17th.

That is literally impossible.

Christ, use a little common sense.

Sunrise Driver

GTA 4 PC was available in Europe on December 1st so why GTA CW couldn't be leaked?

I swore I saw the case up at GameStop as I was buying Resident Evil 5 on Friday but I didn't care enough to take a better look. It was probably just a display case/poster though confused.gif .

AGAIN, if there are copies in stores some stores have put them out for people to buy.

IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. There are millions of copies of the game in thousands of stores and even if 99% of them don't make it out early that 1% still does.

I'd like you to tell me how you think Rockstar could possibly put out a shipment literally comprised of millions of little boxes and actually ensure that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM isn't sold before March 17th.

A little bit more respect, thank you.

Of course Rockstar can't check every shop. But remember; they do sent people out to check. And the shops will get a very very high fine if they find out that it sold games before the release date. Some shops are taking that risk, but most of them don't. So I think you can't say to other people: yes, you can find it at stores. Why? Because you raise false hopes.

Of course Rockstar can't check every shop. But remember; they do sent people out to check. And the shops will get a very very high fine if they find out that it sold games before the release date. Some shops are taking that risk, but most of them don't. So I think you can't say to other people: yes, you can find it at stores. Why? Because you raise false hopes.

First of all, I can say whatever the f*ck I want to say because I'm under no obligation to avoid raising high hopes. If you're going to read a post by an anonymous internet poster and start vibrating with excitement only to suffer devastating disappointment then you deserve to have your hopes crushed.

Secondly, I've made it very clear that it's not typical. Most stores aren't selling it before street date. Those that are are a very small minority. That's not something I didn't include in my posts.

Third: YOU WERE WRONG. I POINTED THAT OUT. THAT IS WHY YOU OBJECT OT MY POSTS. You said people aren't buying copies early. That is incorrect. People ARE buying copies early. Not everyone, but a few.

It's Sunday. Go out and look for your game. Hit up a few stores. You might find it, you might not. Chances are even if you do find it the store won't ring it up (I've worked retail, some stores do this, some don't.) but chances are they might.

Most of us will have to wait for Tuesday (I will, Gamestop has the cash register lockout to prevent pre-street-date sales as far as I know and Amazon hasn't even shipped mine yet) but if you luck out then more power to you. Go waste your Sunday looking, it might actually pay off.

As for "a little bit more respect", I'll respect you when you earn it, and posting incorrect information doesn't earn my respect. The OP said he knew the release date was Tuesday but wanted to know if stores might sell it early. You didn't answer his question accurately. Done.

It's not just stores that sometimes run the risk on purpose, sometimes the employees just don't realize they can't sell it yet. Back in 2004 I had completely paid off my PSP and when I asked if I could pick it up two weeks before the actual release date, they actually let me pick it up. Usually they do, but sometimes employees at game stores just don't know that they can't sell it yet.

That's right, and some independent/mom-and-pop stores actually intentionally do it to get a head start against the big-box retailer.

As it stands they're violating agreements with game publishers (again, not laws) and I've never heard of a game publisher or a record company or a film studio doing any sort of large-scale crackdown on street date violation.

If, say, Target just started releasing something pre-street-date on a chain-wide level you better believe they would awaken the slumbering giant and the powers-that-be would enforce whatever agreement is in place but that's not how it happens.

It either happens to small independent stores who more or less operate under the company's radar or they happen in big stores due to inept employees, etc. and don't happen frequently enough to arouse suspicion.

The point is, it happens. It happens a lot with low-profile titles because people will say "hey, Howard the Duck, this is an old movie" and not realize it's a new DVD and it happens with high-profile titles. Remember when the last "Harry Potter" book leaked? How about when deepdiscount.com shipped their "Harry Potter" preorders early? That was a case of both someone (the leaker) intentionally getting his hands on it to leak it AND an ignorant online retailer who didn't do what it was supposed to do re: street dates.

So again, original poster, yes, you might find it in stores. You're fighting an uphill battle and you're likely to return home from your search empty-handed but some people are already buying it because some stores are already selling it, and that will be the case with every single book/movie/CD/video game ever released.

Someone ALWAYS gets it early. Again, it's a matter of the fundamental impossibility of manufacturing thousands and millions of small items and being able to keep them out of peoples hands on an individual basis. It simply can't be done.