4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Chinatown Wars rocks!

NTAuthority

NTAuthority

I have got it early... and played through it a bit -- it surely rocks. smile.gif The soundtrack, though instrumental, is great, there really ARE nice-ish physics, the camera angle is not as annoying as GTA2, and you don't even miss the cutscene audio.

I have got it early... and played through it a bit -- it surely rocks. smile.gif The soundtrack, though instrumental, is great, there really ARE nice-ish physics, the camera angle is not as annoying as GTA2, and you don't even miss the cutscene audio.

If you plan on anyone taking you seriously, please post at least a pic/video of it in action.

NTAuthority

user posted image

By the way, Pay 'n' Sprays work like in IV, a cop may not see you enter. And yes, this is on an emulator -- real flashcarts don't even work, and real cartridges are rare, obviously.

user posted image

By the way, Pay 'n' Sprays work like in IV, a cop may not see you enter. And yes, this is on an emulator -- real flashcarts don't even work.

That is pretty convincing, but just to prove it's real, take a blue car, crash it into the water, then take a pic to prove you didn't get that pic off a website.

NTAuthority

user posted image

A blue/white Sabre GT, in the water, as ordered. smile.gif The headlights are a emulator rendering bug, by the way.

On the EU shipping date, I will buy the game, by the way. smile.gif

Edited by NTAuthority

user posted image

A blue/white Sabre GT, in the water, as ordered. smile.gif The headlights are a emulator rendering bug, by the way.

Alright, thanks for confirming, this man's claim is legit. icon14.gif So, could you give us more details? How are the controls? Even though there's obviously no one to play with, what are the options for multiplayer, especially online?

NTAuthority

Alright, thanks for confirming, this man's claim is legit. icon14.gif So, could you give us more details? How are the controls? Even though there's obviously no one to play with, what are the options for multiplayer, especially online?

The controls are nice, somewhat like GTA2, but still better, also vehicle physics bounce away more. Multiplayer hasn't been tested, an emulator doesn't support WiFi connectivity (that's one of the reasons I'm going to buy it smile.gif ). A quote from a welcome mail from Badger:

... something about getting free advertisements ...

This service may be canceled at any time by calling our subcontinent offices on: 555-LONG-WAIT*.

... some more stuff ...

*(Calls charged at only $1/second)

There still is a percentage to complete, and the stats screen seems more organized compared to previous GTAs. If this topic doesn't get locked by tomorrow, I'll have more information then. smile.gif

The camera also moves on foot like in the 3rd person console games, and not as in 'turning while driving' like GTA2. It's absolutely less annoying, though. I don't really get the cop evasion system, but that'll come over time.

Edited by NTAuthority

WhatsPoppin

I still dont believe this might be a screen of the first mission where you have to escape the car in water

Take a picture on Happiness Island in a Comet that way we know its real because i have seen no screen of Happiness Island before

The controls are nice, somewhat like GTA2, but still better, also vehicle physics bounce away more. Multiplayer hasn't been tested, an emulator doesn't support WiFi connectivity (that's one of the reasons I'm going to buy it smile.gif ). A quote from a welcome mail from Badger:

... something about getting free advertisements ...

This service may be canceled at any time by calling our subcontinent offices on: 555-LONG-WAIT*.

... some more stuff ...

*(Calls charged at only $1/second)

There still is a percentage to complete, and the stats screen seems more organized compared to previous GTAs. If this topic doesn't get locked by tomorrow, I'll have more information then. smile.gif

The camera also moves on foot like in the 3rd person console games, and not as in 'turning while driving' like GTA2. It's absolutely less annoying, though. I don't really get the cop evasion system, but that'll come over time.

Sounds great. How does the camera handle, do you use the shoulder buttons to rotate it? How are the weapons?

I still dont believe this might be a screen of the first mission where you have to escape the car in water

Take a picture on Happiness Island in a Comet that way we know its real because i have seen no screen of Happiness Island before

For crying out loud, he did exactly what the other guy told him to do and that isn't enough for you? I seriously doubt he cares wether you believe him or not, so he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, even though he already has.

CharmingCharlie

Well this has got to be a new first for the GTA franchise, this is the first time since GTA 2 that PC gamers have got the game BEFORE console gamers. Oh and stop questioning this guy the thing is legit, don't ask me how I know .... just take it from me I know.

Edited by CharmingCharlie

WhatsPoppin

For crying out loud, he did exactly what the other guy told him to do and that isn't enough for you? I seriously doubt he cares wether you believe him or not, so he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, even though he already has.

dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

It has been leaked a few hours ago...

And he's probably playing on an emulator...

WhatsPoppin

Curiosity won me over and i downloaded a emulator and the leaked ROM the game is spectacular it is destined for "Top DS Game of 2009" the GTAIV map is recreated perfectly for the game, the cars rule, cutscenes rule, Huang Lee rules, CTW rules but i plan to delete the ROM/Emulator in a few hours because it feels REALLY wrong not just playing an illegal game but an illegal game that is not released

The Horror Is Alive

Well, I'm downloading now. I'm not gonna do the story though. Just run around a bit and have fun wink.gif

CharmingCharlie

Whilst I am not the ledby of this section could people keep the "I am downloading now" comments off this forum. I shouldn't have to remind you that GTAforums does not allow discussion of warez.

Edited by CharmingCharlie

If your far enough, How does buying cars work? Like what heppens to them if you crash and stuff?

The game isn't released yet and you're showing off your leaked, downloaded copy? How bright of you.