3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Dragonex100

Grand Theft Auto:Lincoln State

drscot

Dragonex, Goose, Congratulations, Lincoln State has 1,500 posts!

EDIT: soz for the double post

General Goose

Time to celebrate! cool.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifbarf8bd.gif

drscot

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gificon14.gificon14.gifcolgate.gifhappy.gifcool.gifnotify.gifnotify.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Cheers, to a good future for Goose and Dragonex

AnthMUFC-Champs

Goose have you heard anything from him as i cant wait to see this topic.

General Goose

Nope, haven't heard anything.

Dragonex100

.................And i'm back. Ok, yes me and Goose have plans for a GTA in the deep south. I'm planning on including cities resembling New Orleans, Atlanta, Tallahassee, and Montgomery, along with countrysides based off the mountains in georgia, the smokey montains and/or Appalachians, the Louisianan Bayou, the panhandle, and just anonymous redneck territory.

I was thinking about making the timeframe at around the time of Katrina, but me and Goose decided a better option was modern times, or shortly after the events of GTAIV. The storyline is very unknown to me in terms of what i want to do with it, but I am thinking of making it very involved with the countryside, as opposed to all other GTA games except for a short moment in San Andreas, which are entirely involved in the city.

I am thinking about toning down some of the outlandish aspects seen in Lincoln state, like Military equipment such as stealth bombers, highly advanced helicopters, automatic grenade launchers, ect. I am also thinking about having a more realistic tone with this one, but I know for a fact I'm not taking out the fun features we all want...flying, territory wars, drug deals, small amounts of weapon customization, ect. I just want the story to be very believable, I want it to feel like the events that take place in it can very well happen in real life.

One thing I'm going to do right now is ask you guys, what do you want to see in this new thread? Do you have any ideas for the setting, features, story, ect? If you have any ideas for the story , dont make it too detailed, I'm probably not going to use a story made by someone else, the details and characters are up to me and Goose, but I would love to see ideas for a basic plotline, or basic characteristics for the protaganist.

TommyMufc-Champs
.................And i'm back. Ok, yes me and Goose have plans for a GTA in the deep south. I'm planning on including cities resembling New Orleans, Atlanta, Tallahassee, and Montgomery, along with countrysides based off the mountains in georgia, the smokey montains and/or Appalachians, the Louisianan Bayou, the panhandle, and just anonymous redneck territory.

I was thinking about making the timeframe at around the time of Katrina, but me and Goose decided a better option was modern times, or shortly after the events of GTAIV. The storyline is very unknown to me in terms of what i want to do with it, but I am thinking of making it very involved with the countryside, as opposed to all other GTA games except for a short moment in San Andreas, which are entirely involved in the city.

I am thinking about toning down some of the outlandish aspects seen in Lincoln state, like Military equipment such as stealth bombers, highly advanced helicopters, automatic grenade launchers, ect. I am also thinking about having a more realistic tone with this one, but I know for a fact I'm not taking out the fun features we all want...flying, territory wars, drug deals, small amounts of weapon customization, ect. I just want the story to be very believable, I want it to feel like the events that take place in it can very well happen in real life.

One thing I'm going to do right now is ask you guys, what do you want to see in this new thread? Do you have any ideas for the setting, features, story, ect? If you have any ideas for the story , dont make it too detailed, I'm probably not going to use a story made by someone else, the details and characters are up to me and Goose, but I would love to see ideas for a basic plotline, or basic characteristics for the protaganist.

Cant wait for it.

AnthMUFC-Champs

Sounds good.

General Goose

Well, Dragonex, maybe, as one of the plot arcs, we could go for a family feud thing between two redneck crime families, like we were planning for the Patriot Island DLC. However, I only think that should be for one of the chapters (say, one of the protagonist's best friends who escaped the family feud gets caught up in it again and needs your help), and have no idea for what the main story should be.

BlueCheer

theres WAY too much stuff here. i mean its good but its impossible to find anything and would take like 2 hours to read it all. i would just have a brief but sweet story summary, missions, weapons, clothes, radio, vehicles, and mostly gameplay features. i mean its wasted effort making dialogue and 20 paragraphs of detailed story when this is never going to exist dontgetit.gif its a shame tho because it mustve taken forever to put all this together

drscot

brilliant idea, but your going to have to be careful with the hurricane katrina thing, like left for dead 2, who got into deep dodo for having half destroyed buildings in new orleans, set during a time when the city hadn't fully recovered(which i seem to recall it still hasnt) i love all your ideas, but be careful, you dont want to fall into the trap GTA III fell into and had to remove their parody of the twin towers because of 9/11. i will be willing to help you to the ends of the earth to get ideas for this gta.

General Goose

That's the main reason we didn't want it anywhere around the time of Katrina. While we may put references here and there, no explicit references to the impact of Hurricane Katrina or any other hurricane on the New Orleans expy will be made.

drscot

ok sounds legit, but remember, even if you want to satisfy the normal GTA forum user, build a game with YOUR OWN ideas, then say, i need help with........... you have the skill to pull this off, so go do it!

Cosmicboy37

My gosh...how long did this take you to post this? ph34r.gif

Anyways- bravo to you. This is excellent. LOVE the idea. But the map looks a lot like SA. But then again, that's only one part, of the many thousands of ideas you put into this. Great job. I give it a icon14.gificon14.gif

Dragonex100
ok sounds legit, but remember, even if you want to satisfy the normal GTA forum user, build a game with YOUR OWN ideas, then say, i need help with........... you have the skill to pull this off, so go do it!

That was my basic idea for Lincoln State, and I think that's the reason it became so big. The main thing I really need to focus on at this point is a full-length story. General Goose, the redneck idea would be good for a side-chapter in the beginning, is that what you where intending it to be?

vans123

WoW, fking pretty imaginative, i cant seem R* doing this, they are kinda...Bad... making their games come good, even this post really amazed me, and wow i for sure will dream it forever, R* wont do it sad.gif, damn i hope for first time they listen the users and dont do what their minds say, couse always user loses xD

anyway, apart from that, Dragonex,goose and all your team have a great imagination, hope in some day this come true, i loved the idea where you can buy whatever property you like, getting alot of clothes, tuning again cars, i even loved your new car system layout

Recommendations: Most of pictures of cars are broken, as same for weapons, fix em so new users watching this post will get amazed, in 2 pieces of text you writed bad ACOG to AGOG xD

Fix em and then i think this post will become perfect, the organization makes you get the mood to read it, it looks pretty nice, even i took 1 hour 38 minutes to read it whole up, its very impressive.

Greetings, and awsome man, dont let this big imagination die

General Goose

Dragonex, that is exactly what I meant, but not at the beginning, more at the middle of the story. I have to leave for school now, but I'll explain what ideas I have when I get back.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Akavari

This is a legendary topic. I think instead of making a new one you should just renovate this and make it more organized and appealing looking.

TommyMufc-Champs
theres WAY too much stuff here. i mean its good but its impossible to find anything and would take like 2 hours to read it all. i would just have a brief but sweet story summary, missions, weapons, clothes, radio, vehicles, and mostly gameplay features. i mean its wasted effort making dialogue and 20 paragraphs of detailed story when this is never going to exist dontgetit.gif its a shame tho because it mustve taken forever to put all this together

Shut it. This is not wasted effort its called dedication, this is my favourite topic on this section.

TommyMufc-Champs

Accidental double post!

Edited by TommyMufc-Champs

AnthMUFC-Champs

True i like this as well but sometimes you have to move on although if i had to choose between and update on this or a new topic id say this now coming to think of it.

All you need to do is tone down the unreal things and make it more presentable even i would help. Add more graphics and change the font to two main colors and then you have a nice topic. biggrin.gif

General Goose

Now, while I'd love to go over this with Dragonex, reformat here blah blah blah, I've been wanting to do a new idea for a long time. While I wouldn't say good ol' Lincoln State is dead, I definitely want to work on something new. That's my position anyway.

AnthMUFC-Champs
Now, while I'd love to go over this with Dragonex, reformat here blah blah blah, I've been wanting to do a new idea for a long time. While I wouldn't say good ol' Lincoln State is dead, I definitely want to work on something new. That's my position anyway.

Thats fine mate its your ideas.

drscot

we are just humble followers, your majesty, your desision is final lol.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs

Your wright there mate although in my opinion a south setting would be amazing you should still cut down LS topic a bit and add some graphics.

Dragonex100

No matter what happens Lincoln State will still be up, just possibly with no new updates. What it all boils down to is the commenters keeping the thread alive, not the creator.

drscot

and AnthMUFC-Champs and i are willing to do that, right?

vans123

well, maybe you could take out all the improvements, couse obviously IV modding is not so far to script stuff that far(but when IV gets 6 or 5 years old, it will be the enough far to do heavy scripting on it) you can take this Dreaming Tittle and so powerful idea alive, just like gostown, is was just a concept just like this, and it ended so well, that i love it even in SA engine, really there is not dead point in this live, the dead of this kind of awsome topics is created by the own users leaving it and let it die, i would love to help once IV is enough advanced to take this to real life in IV engine wink.gif

IV is so powerful, that well even that of all kinda shop stores is possible, just making the building,adding interiors to every building and putting clothes scripts to em and ready, really is easy once it comes true, since R* wont do even 1 word of what this post says(since they are so....bad...making good 4ever games(by this i mean you will never get bored from it even if you finish the storyline)GTA has a simple concept and is that once you finish the storyline you have to go to multiplayer and get bored once you get Level 10 and wait for next title in next 5 years,and they leave all the scripting for users when they could do it so fun), they just suck, even they make GTA, and are one of my favorite games, i have the guts and the arguments to say they fking suck.

In less words, well if someone wanna let this die even the creators is ok, but well i have plans for this game, and i will take em to come true in some more years once IV is enough advanced in modding and Human being has done enough powerful PC'S to run IV in max settings, with sh*t load crazy ENB settings and with uber highpoly maps, for sure if autors let me, i will take this true, i really wanna see how this turns out(if im in GTA modding for those years).

Awsome, and if this means the "near" Dead of this awsome and creative project, well i have to say it was awsome while it last.Awsome wink.gif

and my decisition is that finally you dont delete this post and dont even make another one, i like when post conserve their views,pages,criticsm and all stuff they make em awsome to read and get fun for some moments.

Really is it that hard to press the "Last Page" button to write a new post? you dont have to go through the 77 pages and 1503 or 1505 posts(dont remember account)this topic has, so for me there isnt a excuse to do that.You deserve it Dragonex, my respect, i really would never fking imagine a so complex idea of a game, maybe you can suck in modeling or texturing or scripting(that i dont even know if you suck) but your mind do great things, I hope sometime R* starts to recruit real talent like this team for his Creativity Department, so they make the base of a real realistic and fun at the same way Game.

Greetings.

AnthMUFC-Champs

I am willing to.

drscot

kl, Then we will