1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Pandemic

[Q] [GTA IV] Sitting Mod

Neon25
Are you dont listen?

You say you dont use XLiveless. That is your Problem.

Easy to Say; No Xliveless no Sitting Script.

Not true.

Just change the extension to .asi instead of .dll and put it in your main GTA IV folder.

I use Alexander Blade's ASI loader and it works perfectly.

The only problem is that if you want to use it in multi you have to be invited to the game in main menu, because the script doesn't reload itself.

I tried and it works perfectly in multi.

KingBulleT 8747

Im using YAASIL (Yet Another ASI Loader) and it works perfect to me, too.

Xliveless just delets xlive, adds gamecrash with hitting HOME and clicking 'Guide' in menu.

Xliveless adds a own asiloader too

lilmcnessy

user posted image

I thought this was funny so immediately open fraps and took a screenshot

KingBulleT 8747

Same, look at the previous page of me tounge.gif

btw. you can sit on Pigeons and doors of houses. Lol

Fischkopf

the script doesn't work i tried both versions. I have the superspawner in the same scriptfolder and it works perfectly, but not this mod.

TheRealPcGamer

meh don't you look at the prev. pages? U just need to rename the extention file .dll to .asi then put it on GTA IV dir. U need an ASI Loader.

Viscera

Dumb question to ask but i have to any way.

Will this be updated for the NEW patch?

TheRealPcGamer
Dumb question to ask but i have to any way.

Will this be updated for the NEW patch?

Well I think the mod still working even after I install the new patch.

Hergonan

When the new hook is released I can simply make a new version which will be used in 1.0.3 as well no worries

Magicdietz

Just create a new textfile in your Alice folder, copy and paste this code into the file:

----- Simply press 'J' to sit down ----------- This is based on: ----------- GTA IV Alice 0.3+ "Simple car spawn" script example ---------- ---------- © Alexander Blade 2008-2009 ----------  PLAYER_ID, PLAYER_CHAR = 0 function WaitForPlayerPoolCreation() while (IsPlayerPoolCreated() == 0) do   Wait(2000) endendfunction WaitForValidPlayer() PLAYER_CHAR = 0   repeat      PLAYER_ID = _GET_PLAYER_ID()  if (PLAYER_ID >= 0) then    while true do      if _IS_PLAYER_PLAYING(PLAYER_ID) == 0      then Wait(1000)           else break         end    end          local p = {}    _GET_PLAYER_CHAR(PLAYER_ID, p)    PLAYER_CHAR = p.a    if (PLAYER_CHAR <= 0) then      Wait(1000)    end    end    until (PLAYER_CHAR > 0)  end	function SitDownToggle()local pchar = {}GET_PLAYER_CHAR(GET_PLAYER_ID(), pchar)if IS_SITTING == false then TASK_SIT_DOWN(pchar.a, 0, 0, -2) IS_SITTING = trueelse  IS_SITTING = false CLEAR_CHAR_TASKS(pchar.a)endendfunction main()local IS_SITTING = false while true do   if (IsKeyPressed(74) == 1)then  WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()     WaitForValidPlayer()  Wait(100)      if (IsKeyPressed(74) == 1) then SitDownToggle() end 	end   Wait(1000)	 end	end-- startmain();

Save it, rename it to whateveryouwant.lua, have fun!

You wont directly sit down on Objects, you will, well, just sit down. Works with Patch 1.0.3, so i guess its worth a try smile.gif

Press 'J' to sit down, press it again to stand up!

Viscera
Just create a new textfile in your Alice folder, copy and paste this code into the file:

----- Simply press 'J' to sit down ----------- This is based on: ----------- GTA IV Alice 0.3+ "Simple car spawn" script example ---------- ---------- © Alexander Blade 2008-2009 ----------  PLAYER_ID, PLAYER_CHAR = 0 function WaitForPlayerPoolCreation() while (IsPlayerPoolCreated() == 0) do   Wait(2000) endendfunction WaitForValidPlayer() PLAYER_CHAR = 0   repeat      PLAYER_ID = _GET_PLAYER_ID()  if (PLAYER_ID >= 0) then    while true do      if _IS_PLAYER_PLAYING(PLAYER_ID) == 0      then Wait(1000)           else break         end    end          local p = {}    _GET_PLAYER_CHAR(PLAYER_ID, p)    PLAYER_CHAR = p.a    if (PLAYER_CHAR <= 0) then      Wait(1000)    end    end    until (PLAYER_CHAR > 0)  end	function SitDownToggle()local pchar = {}GET_PLAYER_CHAR(GET_PLAYER_ID(), pchar)if IS_SITTING == false then TASK_SIT_DOWN(pchar.a, 0, 0, -2) IS_SITTING = trueelse  IS_SITTING = false CLEAR_CHAR_TASKS(pchar.a)endendfunction main()local IS_SITTING = false while true do   if (IsKeyPressed(74) == 1)then  WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()     WaitForValidPlayer()  Wait(100)      if (IsKeyPressed(74) == 1) then SitDownToggle() end 	end   Wait(1000)	 end	end-- startmain();

You wont directly sit down on Objects, you will, well, just sit down. Works with Patch 1.0.3, so i guess its worth a try smile.gif

Um, What If you do not use ALICE? I am waiting for the scripthook thing and the ASI to be updated and then the mod.

Subliminal-SS

ye does anyone know of progress for scripthook on the 1.0.3 patch and will there be more patches if anyone knows of the plans. btw i know that patches are to fix problems so if theres a problem theres a patch "usually" but just if there are any released plans because of the high number of problems

TheRealPcGamer

*deleted*

Hergonan

Lol, wait a few weeks, I'm not even remotely close to my PC yet sad.gif

TheRealPcGamer

Why? Does your PC crashed or are you sick?

Hergonan

Out of the country for easter wink.gif

Laptop ftw though!

(no good for gtaiv sad.gif)

UltimateGTR

This is not work,Alice loader said native name error.

Edited by UltimateGTR

UltimateGTR

Can somebody summarize the working steps of this mod? I've tried and don't work. sad.gif

Costar

Same, look at the previous page of me tounge.gif

btw. you can sit on Pigeons and doors of houses. Lol

Can ya take a dump on the pigeons too?! dirty lil flying rats lol.gif

Hergonan, when ya comin back ? Hurry up and find all the lil eggs and put in your basket, hop around w/ the bunnies and then get back here tounge.gif I'm still waitin too on gravity gun, taxi stuff & hmm, somebody w/ lights/sirens mod, modeling .. haha, just reading my better-get-b4-Christmas list turn.gif

I must've misst it, I see Magic... put up some code, is that the only one, I was looking for a dld link of a sitting script ..

-----------

Ok, I jus tried the code Magic posted, is it specifically for 1.0.3 or is it also backward compat w/ 1.0.2 ? I have 1.0.2, I use Hazards hook for grab and other .net scripts, I use Alex's .3x asi but when I pressed "J" my game minimized, error message

appeared,

"... sitdown.lua ERR:1 Last native name"

Is this indicative of the game version incompatibility ?

Edited by Costar

Gen0cide_

That would be cool... Too bad that Rockstar always've made incomplete games.. As for me of course. When they make one good thing, they forget about another one, more important than previous ;d

Maybe because they have deadlines, and more pressing issues, like the massive errors, Driver incompatibilities, Memory related crashes and bugs, Dissappearing maps environments, hot dog stands, and buildings, as well as RESC10 EBSC10 XYGG10 LPTB10 and every other 4 letter combo ending with 10 errors.

Sometimes people on this forum can be so whiney, we get passed all the problems that stop us from playing, and all of a sudden they wanna sit there and do nothing in the game but complain, rather than the plethora of killing, driving, and questing that the game was made for.

I know that post isn't really relevant any more, but I make a point of reading the entire thread before posting and post like that get my back up.

Anyway, after that venting session, have a cookie. cookie.gifcolgate.gif

KingBulleT 8747

Lol can you do the mod in Asi? Or take the asi mod and delet this 'Sit on nearest object' i wanna sit everywhere, i wanna sit where i want, and not on pigeons, coffecups, doors and rake's !!

Hergonan

I will update this mod when I can and will include a possible "sit on the floor" feature

Edited by Hergonan

Costar

wait wait, ok, I jus tried using it Hergonan, "T" and "F12" they did odd things inside buildings. I dint know you HAD to be near say, a bench, I thought he would sit anywhere, even in the street...

Anyways, so I renamed it to .asi and put it in the game folder, so it is working for me also..

Edited by Costar

Hergonan

"Sitting anywhere" would make niko sit in the air, which didn't look that good tounge.gif

KingBulleT 8747

Comon, just do that for me, i dont like it when im pressing T and niko sits on a pigeon or on a bench where is already and you sit in him..

Hergonan

I can't, I'm out of the country!

Costar

"Sitting anywhere" would make niko sit in the air, which didn't look that good tounge.gif

k, sitting anywhere may be abit too broad, but that he'd atleast be able to sit on tables, steps, boxes, stuff like that .. I havent tried alot of places yet, but so far it seemed he has to be near a bench atleast, I mean I guess I expected him to sit just about anywhere since one of the pix you posted had Niko sitting high on a post ..

Viscera
I can't, I'm out of the country!

Just wondering when you get back in country are you planning on supporting this mod for the new patch? TIA...

Hergonan

Oh, yeah, I'm here in this country now, and since the taxi mod is in the open beta, I will have time to work on other stuff.

But first, gotta do some stuff for KITT mod.

Viscera
Oh, yeah, I'm here in this country now, and since the taxi mod is in the open beta, I will have time to work on other stuff.

But first, gotta do some stuff for KITT mod.

Cool, Thanks for the Speedy reply...