Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,841 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Dutchy3010

Ideas

Rytuklis

I would be awesome if there is a checking screen that pops up whenever you want to overwrite an already existed mission. I mean, so many designers lose their missions when they want to save a mission and unintentionally they save it over another mission. So, i hope Dutchy and Patrick would add this feature. :)

Ooooh yes! I lost so many missions due to this.

Curtis

I would be awesome if there is a checking screen that pops up whenever you want to overwrite an already existed mission. I mean, so many designers lose their missions when they want to save a mission and unintentionally they save it over another mission. So, i hope Dutchy and Patrick would add this feature. :)

Ooooh yes! I lost so many missions due to this.

Damn right! i had to remake my first mission twice!

Revolver1

rNFzx9s.jpg

Reyks

I was thinking about a possible solution for the DYOM/GTA "limits" that many people complain about. Why not include a limit adjuster like this one by ThirteenAG (with his permission of course), in the next release of DYOM?

xMatix

I was thinking about a possible solution for the DYOM/GTA "limits" that many people complain about. Why not include a limit adjuster like this one by ThirteenAG (with his permission of course), in the next release of DYOM?

Dude, It's not working that way xD

Juice the Joos

DYOM only puts together things that are already on the game.

Reyks

Well, we can dream right? :p. Who knows maybe they will figure something out, im not a coder or anything but im sure there may be some ways to increase DYOM limits.

DYOM only puts together things that are already on the game.

I know, but a limit adjuster doesn't actually add anything into the game, it's just a tool to increase it's limits.

xMatix

Well, we can dream right? :p. Who knows maybe they will figure something out, im not a coder or anything but im sure there may be some ways to increase DYOM limits.

If you would like making 200 actors, 200 objects, etc. it's probably only a matter of some numbers, the problem is that the program might be even more less stable than now.

Btw. Limit adjuster is only for objects.

Edited by xMatix

AnDReJ98

The only way to increase limit is by suppressing the codes. Some toys like these you mentioned won't work. By suppressing, i mean this: Example, in San Andreas, you can't add Vice City & III's map to be in one game (to have SA map, VC and III map), because limit of objects is there. But you could connect objects to each other (example you make two buildings be one object, not two separate) and put on the map. You always have a chance to do something, however it may cause some problems and be unstable where DYOM is already challenged enough. Creators used new, CLEO 4 which gave them more space and easier ability to suppress the codes themeself.

Reyks

I see, so a Limit Adjuster just wouldn't work in this case, i though it affected missions as well. Either way if increasing DYOM's limits somehow means that it will become more unstable then scratch that idea, the way it is now is good enough in that case.

RKalashnikova02

1. That can be so good if you can choose between two chances. Like:

- Kill the police officer.

- Leave the police officer alive.

Yea i know you can made it with an objective like: "You can choose kill him or leave him. After go back to the guys."

But the other like:

- Go left.

- Go right.

2. Another thing can be so good like to earlier. I mean good choice or bad choice. And you can made the remaining times of the mission like: A_Objective 11 Selected. If you know what i mean.

I hope these will be in the next version :)

Edited by RKalashnikova02

Revolver1

1. That can be so good if you can choose between two chances. Like:

- Kill the police officer.

- Leave the police officer alive.

Yea i know you can made it with an objective like: "You can choose kill him or leave him. After go back to the guys."

But the other like:

- Go left.

- Go right.

2. Another thing can be so good like to earlier. I mean good choice or bad choice. And you can made the remaining times of the mission like: A_Objective 11 Selected. If you know what i mean.

I hope these will be in the next version :)

Has been suggested MANY MANY times mate, no luck. If Patrick and Dutchy feel like adding it, they will, no need for constant suggesting.

Target13

Invincibility in Edit/Design mode.

Jisseikatsu

Invincibility (during designing) was added in a previous version but it was removed (I think it also was the cause of the health regeneration bug while playing missions.)

Target13

Invincibility (during designing) was added in a previous version but it was removed (I think it also was the cause of the health regeneration bug while playing missions.)

Health Regeneration was actually great!

A feature should be added that lets you enable & disable Health Regeneration in the "Settings" menu or in the "Player" menu.

This will change the difficulty of your mission.

Curtis

the health regeneration bug could work with GTA V mission remakes.

Jimmy_Leppard

Man, what the next DYOM version needs, or even the bug-fix version of the latest version, is ''Hold and Direct'' option for friend actors. I'm serious.

Rytuklis

Also, DYOM needs to implement a feature for an actor or an objective actor to execute few animations in a sequence, so we wont have to hide and re-add them all the time we want them to change animations. This could also be handy for chases, the objective actor could get in the car, drive, then get out, run away, get another car, and so on. a simple feature which would contribute a LOT to the functionality and flexibility of DYOM.

AnDReJ98

You mean the same as for Player animations plus actor can do it without cutscene. Yeah that's been suggested many times but with no result. But not near many times as moving cutscene & adding sounds were suggested, it was the most wanted feature. However, i also remember people wanted instead of route points for driving/flying/walking/running, player in designing mode for example drive, and the actor will drive completely same as you did in designing mode.

Anyway, i'm satisfied with what we have since V7. All i suggest is like a good idea, nothing crazy and that would be ability to put arrow on certain actor (like for the objective actors) that doesn't matter if he's neutral or friend (also radar on map appears).

Edited by AnDReJ98

Juice the Joos

There should be animations to speak on the phone while on foot and one on a vehicle (like the one when CJ talks in the car on one of the missions for Jizzy).

Jimmy_Leppard

I also forgot to say that it would be of a massive use to have every option we can use on objects as objectives on cars aswell. So, photograph a car, damage the car, shoot the car etc.

Juice the Joos

I also forgot to say that it would be of a massive use to have every option we can use on objects as objectives on cars aswell. So, photograph a car, damage the car, shoot the car etc.

Also photograph the actor! Would love one.

Brasil-Games
Some options would be Good News For Example:

Not be seen by the selected actor, actor Follow unseen, measuring bar equal to normal

Correction Of A Bug Of Vehicles And Pedestrians Option No Reason: It appearing when police have more than 2 stars and is appearing is appearing and trains firefighters or ambulances to save people. Fix this please!

If bars Pra When Approaching In Goal

New Accents Pras Missions

Edited by Brasil-Games

Aka Productions

This is the idea not making there will be said that they have a engine which will create in possible features.

Just to be clear and prevent disappointments:

The fact that things are suggested here will not mean that they will be present in the next release. Some ideas are just simply not possible with the engine, other things are possible but don't fit well with the current architecture of DYOM while other things would fit, but will have to wait until later because other things have more priority.

Things that are easy to implement, sound like a good idea to us and fit well, will however be in the next release off course.

Target13

Unlimited Sprinting during Edit/Design mode.

Chevy Wolfs

Maybe... a "Do you want to over write the existing mission" sign every time when we actually want to save a mission? I lost some mission's because of that. :|

George Daniel

-abilitty to set when you fail (at what distance is your enemy) (example:i set to 100m,when the enemy gets to a bigger distance you will fail)

-make a special action/animation when you press a button

-when you fail , a text message will show you why you will fail (example:mission failed Sweet is dead.)

-at storyline ability to create a special icon for a mission

Good luck.

Edited by George Daniel

Aka Productions

Unlimited Sprinting during Edit/Design mode.

That is good idea but we can do this with god mode. :/

Dude1

It would be nice if you could add the numbers of car colors like on objects so that we could easily remember a color for something.

ProdigyX34

Possibility to skip phone conservation which same as skipping cutscene, since i mostly create missions with "talking-phone" instead of "cutscene".