Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,935 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Dutchy3010

Ideas

12jango

My idea :...............RELEASE THE VERION 5 AT THIS MONTH!!!!!!

Edited by 12jango

Ragga1

My idea :...............RELEASE THE VERION 5 AT THIS MONTH!!!!!!

My idea:.......CODE IT YOURSELF!!!!!!

Do you really think it is so easy to write over 15,000 lines of SCM code?

Edited by Ragga1

12jango

Well........Happy New Year

Edited by 12jango

12jango

How about this:

Enable to insert one or more new objective

for example :

You make some objectives : 1, 2, 3, 4. You can insert one more objectives, not after 4, but after 1 so you have your new objective in the second place!!! alien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

(I think this is usefull, cause I always feel regret when I can't do this....)

123robot

You can do that already.

If you have made 3 objectives, and you suddenly remember you you've forgotten something after Objective #1, stand near Objective #1, press Y, go on Objectives and then go on Select Objective. Then add, hide or spawn anything you wanted after it. Remember to select Objective #3 (or your newest objective,) again before continuing.

TNTX32
Getting this version out took us considerable time and effort, at the moment it consist of over 15.000 home-made lines of SCM code. (a rough estimate would be around 300 to 400 man-hours of designing/coding/testing)

After so much dedicated work, its good and needed to take a break. This doesn't mean that there won't be a next version, because we're determined, but that may take some time.

Also it's not just adding an option to a menu, that's the easy part. It's about providing means to determine a route in a simple manner, store the route in a generic way in memory and in the savefile, letting a car drive along the predetermined route, even if the player is not near it (yes, that's not trivial). And than we have to provide means to edit or remove the route, and.. and.. and.

Also you have to keep in mind that this mod is meant to be easy to use, so we will only add complex stuff if it is not too hard to understand. We try to provide a minimum set of building blocks, which still allows users to create an unlimited variety of entertaining missions.

There will always be lots of things that you can do in SCM, that won't be part of DYOM. If you really want to use all possibilities, than you should step beyond DYOM and learn to code SCM. That's also one of the reasons dutchy wrote the tutorials, to give people who have become interested in making missions the chance to learn how to code them in SCM, so that you can use the full power that SCM offers.

Oh..

Now I understand..

Thanks for the well-informations post. Good job.

12jango

This is about dyom.gtagames.nl

Why don't you make an option near the mission name: "edit" then if we click it there will be a question about the password. I ever lost my edit links, so I can't edit mission anymore.

12jango

My idea : for objectives > add an option > enable to release vehicle > yes/no

so, after you this objective you can leave an objective car. alien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

reason : I can't leave an objective car until a cutscene alien.gifalien.gif

Ruscris2

I have this problem too...I can't can't relase the car until a cutscene,pickup,car,actor.If I continue with checkpoints will continue with the car too !

Sniputer

In 4.1, you place an objective car, then a cutscene or a checkpoint. Finish the next objective and you do not have to keep going with your car anymore.

E: If you lost the edit link, change the link (dis is an example) http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=628 to http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=edit&id=628

TNTX32

When creating a car objective....

Options > MUST DESTROYED

We can also make more than 1 cars to destroy.

----------------------------

I tried a thing to get rid of the objective car, and it worked:

1. Once you park the car in the checkpoint with the objective car, make a cutscene.

2. Profit!

If you have no idea of what cutscene to put, just show up the sky or a tree.

_-=Zombie=-_

i like the 'must destoyed' one icon14.gif

Sniputer

1. Kill or Spare (GTA IV style)

2. Multiple objectives to choose, example: enter one of these cars.

3. Kill him or kill him.

smile.gif

TNTX32

3. Kill him or kill him.

smile.gif

WTF?

What does that mean?

Sniputer

3. Kill him or kill him.

smile.gif

WTF?

What does that mean?

Choose'a'Enemy, kill Ryder or kill Sweet, lol.

TNTX32

Oh ok, lol

SOME OTHER FEATURES

- We can do things like "You have 10 sec to decide if you want a Cheetah or a Tractor."

They will become objectives both. When you get in the Tractor (for example, I just want to pick my choice sly.gif ). The other one (Cheetah) become locked, and it's no longer an objective.

Same for the peds:

"You want Ryder or The Countryside Grandmother to help you during the mission?"

ROCKSTAR STYLE

It's time to change something. When you die, or get busted, we can EDIT the message that will show up.

- Example: I have 3 Friends with me: Smoke, Ryder, Sweet.

If Sweet dies:

Sweet becomes a jew.

If I killed Sweet:

You killed your own brother!

Etc...

Edited by TNTX32

gtasearcher

Definately, use permanent text boxes for writing. I don't want to hear beep everytime I write a character.

Would be cool, if, at DYOM start-up, you are prompt to register an username and password.

Then, all your missions will have that username.

And no more publishing and saving - just that DYOM will check on mission loading the username - if it's relevant, it will load the mission to edit, else it will just play and clean it.

A file "user.dat" should be created, and at the DYOM site you should be prompt to upload that file to register and upload your missions.

How about that? It can be easily done (only the site part could be hard sad.gif)

TNTX32

Definately, use permanent text boxes for writing. I don't want to hear beep everytime I write a character.

Would be cool, if, at DYOM start-up, you are prompt to register an username and password.

Then, all your missions will have that username.

And no more publishing and saving - just that DYOM will check on mission loading the username - if it's relevant, it will load the mission to edit, else it will just play and clean it.

A file "user.dat" should be created, and at the DYOM site you should be prompt to upload that file to register and upload your missions.

How about that? It can be easily done (only the site part could be hard sad.gif)

Username...

No, that's completely the thing to make people angry.

However a lot of people don't want this in their mission sad.gif

Account System will do what? Make our E-Penises harders?

ALSO:

- Animation-Freeze (When an actor doing an animation, HE DOES NOT REACT. Tired of seeing people dancing and when you got a gun or a car they put their hands up or they crush on the wall for no reason).

- Doing More (An actor can do more animations, the hide-spawn hide-spawn hide-spawn took me 16 Cutscenes and 45 Actors for a really short discussion.

- Joke Remover (Is that the crappiest easter egg made-by DYOM creators? When in the Y Menu all the peds start to run in panic).

- No-one there please! (When in Design Mode, we can enable this option, which willl makes San Andreas entirely GHOST-TOWNed. Tired of hearing whatever, screams, cars, and fightnings while making a mission.)

And don't worry about V5.0 release, I think it will come at the end of April. DYOM staff did 4 versions in only 2 Months! It's been 1 Month we are waiting for 5.0, you guys think that the 5.0 will have a lot of good features? colgate.gif It will. turn.gif

Always Wait For Good Things

Edited by TNTX32

12jango

Hi! I realized that when you make a cutscene :

- leftclick + w,a,s,d for moving the camera to left, right, backward, and forward

- leftshift + w and s for moving the camera up and down

My idea : Why don't you make leftshift+a/d to tilt the camera, so the cutscene is not always like that, but also can be tilted (so you can make a view of person that died on the ground)

----------------------------------------I wonder when the v 5 will released-----------------------------

TNTX32

When we EDIT a CutScene, the text doesn't get removed.

It gonna be the vacations in France, hope DYOM 5 will get released in them sarcasm.gif

SilentKillaMan

Maybe the actor you choose could interact with objects from the objects menu. For Example you spawn a chair and in a cutscene an actor could kick a chair away (Dramatic effect) or what would be good (what i mean was what would be good for ME) is the guitars and drums which are in Mad Doggs studio to be objects and have actors interact with them. Would make my DYOM Rock band Series Better (Which you can download here http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=648) Plus theres three more parts. This may be asking too much though as its not a MAJOR idea

gtasearcher

Another one would be the possibility to move objects - not attaching to actors, moving.

And I don't mean to move them when creating - no, that 'feature' is already available - but to make them move DURING the mission.

And 3 options to be added "Move In A loop", "Move Once" and "Move A Number of Times".

What about that?

Jackal1337
Another one would be the possibility to move objects - not attaching to actors, moving.

And I don't mean to move them when creating - no, that 'feature' is already available - but to make them move DURING the mission.

And 3 options to be added "Move In A loop", "Move Once" and "Move A Number of Times".

What about that?

that thing has same problem as having car features

patrick said:

We have similar code already, even a bit more sophisticated, with multiple route-points.

But the problem is that in DYOM, many more factors have to be taken into consideration, for example the fact that the car may have to drive into an area that the player hasn't visited yet. This can cause serious problems, as the collision models of the roads aren't loaded than, so the vehicle will sink through the floor.

But even that will be solvable.

Furthermore it will have to be integrated in the whole DYOM environment: menu's, memory-storage, file-storage. Also editing/deleting have to be implemented.

i think if objects like crates could be moved they would probably fall through the ground

Braindawg

Interactible objects:

A menu with interior objects that you can pick up and run around with. Onse that dont dissapear if you turn around, aswell.

Color text:

The title pretty much sais it all.

Cars:

More vehicle options. like it was asked oh so many times.

Objective order menu:

move up/down objectives or change their orber by any other way.

Crashes:

Remove random crashes like when selecting a model for an actor/ adding an objective/ moving a checkpoint etc... Its frustraiting to crash when you made so much andstart ALL OVER again.

123robot

About the crashing:

It's not their fault it crashes. It's just there is alot of stuff in it. (Well, I'm not actually very sure.) You should save your mission regurlarly incase this does happen. wink.gif

Jackal1337

I think DYOM site needs register & login feature

12jango

Yeah, I agree with ya, dude. Register and Login. I think it's better to make the mission name and author's name can't be written by other people.

This is what I mean : If you have register with dyom site, when you uploaded your mission, your mission name and author's name can't be written by the other, so. None can copy your nick and your mission name~~~>>. alien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

----------------------------------Cheer up and smile! Version 5 I'm coming----------------------------

12jango

Yo, My idea is.....~~~~an objective car that needed to keep it perfect (without any scratch~~~, like in 555 We Tip)

Happy New Month~~~~~~~~

------------This is a dream?? Of course not!! The version 5 will be ready!!!-------------------------

TNTX32

Yeah, I 100% agree that the DYOM database should be upgraded.

It's currently a "random upload network", where you can upload any kind of crap with any kind of name... Registration, Moderators and Login would be good. So there wouldn't be "password for missions". And many other sh*t. wink.gif

But what's with the "the Car will fall down dozingoff.gif " ?

Seriously, if the cutscene is so close to the player with the car, the car won't fall down, because the area is ALREADY LOADED. LOL! OMG I JUST USED MY BRAIN!!!!1111

Or, maybe a script that forces GTA to load all the map.

_-=Zombie=-_

heres another idea. but its about the DYOM site.

Why dodnt you put sections for the missions? like "Driving Missions" or "Killing Missions" or "Only Cutscene missions" etc...

something like the Mod Showroom sections on gtaforums.com

this will make the downloaders understand if the missions worth or are something lame...

what do you think?