4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The most disliked district of VC

Vercetti2008

Vercetti2008

Heya, I think nobody still posted such topic, that's why I want to know your views. So, which is your disliked district of VC, & why? I certainly dislike little haiti.

Flesh-n-Bone

I kind of dislike Little Haiti too, maybe because of it's unmatched dark atmosphere compared to the rest of the city. I also don't like Fort Baxter, simply because you can't even cruise by without getting attacked (I know this can be avoided but you aren't recognized by the soldiers and you can't do anything to them plus the base looks quite ugly.)

Vercetti2008

Why, Man? It's cool. Then, dress Tom into a cop & have fun. I just hate haitians. Unfortunatelly Kaufman Cabs is in Haiti. & these suckers get in damn often. & u can't get rid of them.

Flesh-n-Bone
Why, Man? It's cool. Then, dress Tom into a cop & have fun. I just hate haitians. Unfortunatelly Kaufman Cabs is in Haiti. & these suckers get in damn often. & u can't get rid of them.

I already said I know if you dress like a cop they wont attack you, but they are still intolerant and minor stuff can anger them quickly. And I agree on the Kaufman Cab thing, these bastards always spawn in groups inside the place and I can't get anywhere near without seeing them, but my gang members usually take care of them with their Uzi's.

Vercetti2008

Yeah, these suckers get on my nervs spawning there. I throw a molotov on them. U kill them, after a second they spawn on the other side of the road.

Bartleby

Downtown.

I always felt that it was poorly mapped, and just didn't explore all the places it could've. It took up a fairly large piece of the city, but there's only maybe one or two main streets and that's it. I suppose the planning for the mission "G-Spotlight" likely had something to do with it, but nevertheless, I've never been a big fan of that area.

I agree with Bart on Downtown. The way the streets and buildings are set in Downtown is very poor in my opinion. To get to some places, you gotta take a whole bunch of side streets and stuff. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

Another part of town I hate is Little Havana and Little Haiti. Having the Cubans and Haitians shooting at you whenever you go through there is rather annoying. I also hate the roads in that area. There is no main street. You gotta take so many side streets to get to any place in that area.

Dragonex100
I agree with Bart on Downtown. The way the streets and buildings are set in Downtown is very poor in my opinion. To get to some places, you gotta take a whole bunch of side streets and stuff. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

Another part of town I hate is Little Havana and Little Haiti. Having the Cubans and Haitians shooting at you whenever you go through there is rather annoying. I also hate the roads in that area. There is no main street. You gotta take so many side streets to get to any place in that area.

The Cubans never shoot at me, but the haitans do. I hate them. I like fort baxter for one reason: The Hunter spawn and the rhino spawn. Buts thats about it. The shoot at you even outside there stupid little poorly designed camp.

I kind of dislike Little Haiti too, maybe because of it's unmatched dark atmosphere compared to the rest of the city. I also don't like Fort Baxter, simply because you can't even cruise by without getting attacked (I know this can be avoided but you aren't recognized by the soldiers and you can't do anything to them plus the base looks quite ugly.)

I don't particularly dislike the areas, although in terms of annoyance, Fort Baxter and Little Haiti certainly fit the bill. Fort Baxter is a constant annoyance without the cop-uniform, and more than likely I'll never drive around that area because there's a huge chance one or more of my tyres is going to be blown out. It's also a pain in the ass trying to complete the mini-gun rampage beside the Airbase, as the soldiers spawn more when on these missions, since they are classed as an in-game gang. Now of course, I never opt to complete the rampage in the area it is located, it's just too damn risky and frustrating.

Little Haiti is a little less of a pain. The Haitians don't begin to take aim at you until you complete the Cuban missions for Umberto Robina, and when they do shoot at you, their measly Colt 45's aren't half as damaging as the soldiers heavy ammunition, and quite often when I drive by or through the area, I simply hear gunshots but don't feel the affect.

In terms of area and what it's like, I quite enjoy strolling through the ghetto-type surroundings that Little Haiti has to offer, and don't really mind strolling around Escobar Int. airport, albeit on very rare occasions. The suburbs of Little Haiti certainly give the game a different outlook, and I quite enjoy driving through the area, even though I'm exposed slightly to those blasted Haitians. Downtown's surroundings annoys me a tad, but the areas which don't offer much and are a little frustrating are the areas I don't really drive around. I do enjoy a lot of things in Downtown, so have no flaws about the area as a whole.

I think the area that I find myself in the least would be Prawn Island. There isn't exactly much to offer in terms of in-game entertainment after missions are complete, though I am partial to retrieving the Sea Skimmer, or performing a few stunts using the Water fountain at my exposal. Aside from that there's nothing the place has to offer, and I don't find myself there much. It isn't large enough, and doesn't offer a nice long road for me to cruise down, unlike Ocean Beaches beachfront, and the long road from Viceport to Downtown. There's a road on Washington Beaches Island that I try my best to avoid as well, the one behind Avery Carrington's construction site that takes you to the bridge leading to Ocean Beach. The road just.. annoys me, and I don't really know why.

Another area I'm not particularly fond of, but isn't really a district per se, is the Beach. Granted, it adds a different and unique terrain to the game, but it's just too damn big! tounge.gif I do have my fair share of fun on the beach though. There's nothing quite like finding yourself in a Sandking and breezing along the gritty terrain, completely crushing sunbathers who happen to be in your way. Great fun!

Dragonex100, the only time the Cubans will open fire on you is if you provoke them. Leave them be and they'll leave you alone, and not cause you to retaliate because they fired a shot at you.

Mainland Marauder
I kind of dislike Little Haiti too, maybe because of it's unmatched dark atmosphere compared to the rest of the city

But it lends a bit of authenticity to the game. There is a lot of Miami that doesn't get shown on postcards, travel brochures and movies/TV. Honestly, Little Haiti in VC is a downright flattering depiction of the slums of that city.

Not everything has to be bright and cheery.

Dragonex100
I kind of dislike Little Haiti too, maybe because of it's unmatched dark atmosphere compared to the rest of the city

But it lends a bit of authenticity to the game. There is a lot of Miami that doesn't get shown on postcards, travel brochures and movies/TV. Honestly, Little Haiti in VC is a downright flattering depiction of the slums of that city.

Not everything has to be bright and cheery.

You are 100% right. I have been to miami countless times and almost ALL of it is ridden with poverty and violence and is just so dark. I could be thinking wrong though, but sense I live in florida I know its not all "Fun n the sun" and "The perfect getaway from it all". It far from that, for the most part.

It's good to have a large slice of variety in a game, it certainly adds a substantial dose of realism into it rather than having every place the same. I think Vice City's settings and areas offer a variety for numerous types of people/races/cultures etc. You've got the slums and ghetto if you will of Little Haiti, as well as gang culture with them and Cubans from Little Havana. The executvie folk from Downtown, shoppers and what not from Vicepoint, as well as other diverse areas which suit each pedestrians' persona. Every place is unique, and definitely an indication of how life was, and still is in certain districts. As I've said, I like to venture through Little Haiti, for reasons stated above and to also have a different feeling in the game.

Vercetti2008

@flicko, man, that was a reply. Long & ....Don' know even how to explain. But interesting. I know that this section is non-modding section, but I must notice that I don't complain about haitians shooting, 'cause I have a modd "gang-fearful" from GTAGarage. And that helps me alot. That's a perfect modd. I recommend. If u don't want to be shot by haitians. That works with P.I.Gs too.

Peace. Haiti is not bad, but...

hotwheels83

for me i think little haiti because it just shivers me up

while doing the misssion trojan voodoo when i planted the first bomb the sound made me get f***ed up suicidal.gif

Mainland Marauder

Don't get me wrong, I despise Auntie Poulet's mission strand, but the question wasn't "most disliked missions." It's got nothing to do with the Little Haiti district itself.

Playstation_Loyalist

I like strolling most of the places in Vice Beach, especially when riding cars such as Stingers, Comets, Infernuses, Stretches, and Banshees. I could really feel the 80's vibe of Miami.

I hate the second main island except Downtown. I can't really find myself strolling in a pastel suit in a gang-ridden area like Little Haiti.

Vercetti2008

Oh yeah, seems like nobody really loves Little haiti. Maybe 'cause it's dull, & non-inviting area. The same is for Little Havana, but the road taking to haiti & from Vice port is not bad at all. The palms that separating the road lines aren't bad. Eh! Whatever. We were discussing the second isle, but what about Vice point? Huh? Who's for & agains that area? I certainly not fond of the shots that make the streetwannabes. But the roads are wide & cool.

I don't like Downtown, the peds are so obnoxious. I don't mind little haiti, as like someone had said earlier it adds a small bit of realism to the game.

We were discussing the second isle, but what about Vice point? Huh? Who's for & agains that area? I certainly not fond of the shots that make the streetwannabes. But the roads are wide & cool.

I like Vicepoint. The atmosphere of the place appeals to me, and the place has quite a bit to offer as well, with the dispensary stores, grocers, the mall, various task/rampages and properties to buy. It has a nice varied terrain, with the roads, beach, grass alleyways and what not. I just get a good vibe when I'm in the place. It's also very interesting and contrasting to drive straight from the slums of the city to Vicepoint, you can really see the difference of what life was and is like in terms of wealth (or lack thereof).

Algonquin Assassin

I don't really like Downtown. I think it's boring as hell. I actually like Little Haiti, and Little Havana. It adds a great bit of diversity from the glamor on the Vice Beach side.

I really like how R* made each area different. No two areas in VC feel the same. That's why it's legendary. icon14.gif

hotwheels83

the leaf links is a very good place to hang out and though it is used for only one mission it is still a good place and you can go grass humps bashing!! biggrin.gif with the caddy

Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Yeah I agree, I hate Little Haiti because of the darkness, I couldn't even get the last hidden Package, because I died when I tried to go near Fort Baxter. icon13.gif

Rhoda

Little Haiti's not very favoured by me either, mainly because of the reasons already given. Darkness is a big issue; I can't alter the display settings without making the area seem over-saturated and generally low in quality. The only appeal in that area to me is the sewer tunnel thing adjacent to Auntie Poulet's shack; it makes for some great leaps and dangerous maneuvers in the right vehicle.

Another area I tend to avoid is the airport. While a few packages are nestled in that general vicinity, I find it a baron waste of tarmac, which other than a few interesting leaps, is desolate of anything really appealing. Shame really, as I used to find it fun hitting the small ramps besides the runway with considerable speed and end up going into a flipping frenzy.

Little Haiti's not very favoured by me either, mainly because of the reasons already given. Darkness is a big issue; I can't alter the display settings without making the area seem over-saturated and generally low in quality. The only appeal in that area to me is the sewer tunnel thing adjacent to Auntie Poulet's shack; it makes for some great leaps and dangerous maneuvers in the right vehicle.

I don't know if you've already tried this, and I don't know if this will satisfy the way you feel about Little Haiti a little more. But if you pause your game, then go to the Display options, and turn the trails feature off, it will change the outlook of your game, and make it a considerably clearer atmosphere. Not too sure whether it will have an effect, though.

Rhoda

I don't know if you've already tried this, and I don't know if this will satisfy the way you feel about Little Haiti a little more. But if you pause your game, then go to the Display options, and turn the trails feature off, it will change the outlook of your game, and make it a considerably clearer atmosphere. Not too sure whether it will have an effect, though.

I've done that, I couldn't believe I left trails on for the first time playing through; things were so much more bearable and smooth after I took them off for every time I've played through. I suppose Little Haiti's made a tad better thanks to all the Voodoos driving around, I love those things.

Ultraussie

Prawn island or Little Hihitai.

Prawn island is a big waste of land, beside the skimmer spawn, and Little Hihitai just has people shooting you in hordes.

i don't like viceport. other then the boatyard 8 ball's there is nothing there. i know vice city wouldn't be complete without it, but it's so grey and every vehicle is slow.

Rhoda
Prawn island or Little Hihitai.

Prawn island is a big waste of land, beside the skimmer spawn, and Little Hihitai just has people shooting you in hordes.

For some reason I love Prawn Island. Maybe it's just small the damn thing is, I can tear up the already cracked asphalt and carry on to any island without breaking a sweat. I always take time to explore the mansion, and I have my choice of vehicle; sea plane, or Gang Burrito.