2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Cleo] Tire spikes.

JT_Mix

Is it possible for you to deploy tire spikes with cleo?

if so has anyone got the code?

thanks

you mean TEMP_STINGER2 of mission Puncture Wounds ?

I believe its not done as cleo. Its a bit of work.

Needs to place the object TEMP_STINGER2 on street and check if a car is at same coord

then deflate its tire

04FE: deflate_tire 1 on_car [email protected]

Some years ago I created such a mod for Vice City (Stinger Drop Mod), demonj0e converted it to San Andreas. It's not a cleo script though, and that might be a bit hard as it makes extensive use of small threads and I don't think CLEO-scripts allow that.

Edited by PatrickW
bS8xA.png

2pacproducer2

no, the script is pretty short, and using not so complicated speech. I think that could be writen as CLEO.

I'm not an expert in the limitations of CLEO-scripts, but I was under the impression that you couldn't start new threads from within them.

Not based on experience, but on this text from the sannybuiulder CLEO helppages:

One file – one thread. Each CLEO-script must be made as a single thread compiled in a single file. If you need more threads for your script, use the opcodes 004F or 0A92, depending of where is that additional thread located - in the main.scm or in a separate cs-file.

But maybe an option would be to have the small "stringer-thread" in a seperate CLEO-file, and start that from the sniffer-thread with opcode 0A92. Certainly worth a try.

bS8xA.png

Stinger Drop Mod for San Andreas (CLEO3 version)

Thanx to demonj0e for making the SA conversion of the original Stinger Drop Mod.

stinger_drop.txt

{$CLEO .cs}:stinger_sniff_thread03A4: name thread "ST_SNIF":stinger_sniff_loop0001: wait  100 ms00D6: if 00256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false @stinger_sniff_loop  00D6: if 100E1:   key pressed  0  17  00DF:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving004D: jump_if_false @stinger_sniff_loop    03C0: [email protected] = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car0407: create coordinate [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] from car [email protected] offset  0.0 -2.5  1.00174: [email protected] = car [email protected] z_angle0009: [email protected] +=  90.0;; floating-point values02CE: [email protected] = ground z [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]: [email protected] += 0.10A92: create_custom_thread "stinger.s" [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]: wait  500 ms0002: jump @stinger_sniff_loop

stinger.txt

{$CLEO .s}:Stinger_thread                              0004: [email protected] = 0  029B: [email protected] = init_object 2899 at [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]: set object [email protected] z angle to  [email protected]: remove_object_from_mission_cleanup_list  [email protected]: [email protected] = [email protected]: [email protected] -= 3.0000B: [email protected] += 3.00007: [email protected] = [email protected]: [email protected] -= 3.0000B: [email protected] += 3.0  repeat    0001: wait  250 ms 0007: [email protected] = -1 053E: [email protected] = get_random_car_with_model -1 in_rectangle_cornerA [email protected] [email protected] cornerB [email protected] [email protected] if NOT   [email protected] ==  -1;; integer values then   04FE: deflate_tire  0 on_car [email protected]   04FE: deflate_tire  1 on_car [email protected]   04FE: deflate_tire  2 on_car [email protected]   04FE: deflate_tire  3 on_car [email protected] enduntil [email protected] > 100000108: destroy object [email protected]: end_custom_thread

Compile both files in your CLEO directory.

Start a new game, and drop stingers with "FIRE" in any vehicle.

Edited by PatrickW
bS8xA.png

You can make sperate threads in cleo bc7 did it in his mod Where would I find the ID for#TEMP_STINGER2? I don't remember

The ID of the stinger can be found in the large table at the top of a standard main.scm.

I guess not, afterall smile.gif

@JT_Mix: Did you try it with a default SA main.scm or with a modded one ?

Edited by PatrickW
bS8xA.png

I stand corrected. That is indeed the correct value. Edited it in my post above..

ZAZ: cookie.gif

bS8xA.png

CLEO scripts only use global IDs of models. Use the Ctrl+Alt+H feature to convert a model name to ID and vice versa.

Like this:

user posted image

Edited by Seemann

Thanx for the tip, seeman smile.gif

Wouldn't it be possible to also support this "translation" for CLEO-scripts during compilation ?

So that you can simply use the symbolic name "#TEMP_STINGER2" in CLEO-scripts also ?

bS8xA.png

Yea, that would be useful, however I'm a supporter of that a scripter should know how the things work and why the code is compiled in a certain way. Anyway, added on the todo list. wink.gif

Yea, that would be useful, however I'm a supporter of that a scripter should know how the things work and why the code is compiled in a certain way. Anyway, added on the todo list. wink.gif

todo list. wink.gif ?? you will release a new version ?? smile.gif

and for gta4, is there anything in work or will it stay by lua? or maybe a lua editer ?

Sanny Builder and CLEO are far from completion. I still have in mind a lot of features to add for both. So, yea, new version will eventually come. As for GTA 4... let it be surprise! cool.gif

Sanny Builder and CLEO are far from completion. I still have in mind a lot of features to add for both. So, yea, new version will eventually come. As for GTA 4... let it be surprise! cool.gif

Oh.. im impatient to see teh new stuff tounge.gif

Yl8KS.jpg