1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTANET Recruiting! (recruitment is now closed)

adamcs

The GTA Network is looking for new editors to join its team. Editors are responsible for reporting the latest news on GTA4.Net, and working with the other editors to produce content for the site. Our primary focus at the moment is The Lost and Damned.

Details/requirements are listed below:

• Applicants must know how to collect news, have sources of information, and possess a good knowledge of the English language to be able to write news stories.
  • A basic, working knowledge of HTML is necessary (images, links, paragraphs, lists etc.).
  • A genuine passion and enthusiasm for the GTA series is necessary (fairly obvious).
  • Previous work or experience is a massive bonus, but not necessarily a requirement.
  • Any programming (PHP/Javascript) knowledge or graphics skills are also a bonus, but again not a requirement.
If you are seriously interested in joining, please PM me explaining why you want to join, and include any details of previous experience if applicable. Ideally, we are looking for two or three people to take this position, but that may change depending on the number of and quality of applications we receive.

Recruitment will close in about three weeks from now.

Thank you. smile.gif

[Edit] Just to clarify, this is voluntary work. Not paid. tounge.gif

[uPDATE - 1st March] Recruitment will close on Thursday 5th March.

[uPDATE - 6th March] Recruitment is now closed. We'll make an announcement within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by adamcs
i like coffee enemas

I'm interested as I have a lot of time on my hands but I don't think I'm an ideal candidate.

Meh, I'll PM you anyway, dude.

Wow, with all these people applying, I'm never going to get picked wow.gif

You'll always be a winner in my your book!

I couldn't think of anything else positive to tell you sad.gif

i like coffee enemas

Just a quick question. By "content editor" does that mean that you're looking for people to add little bits here and there to subsections like "GTA IV Characters" and stuff like that? Because that's something that I'd really love to do. I was on the character page the other day thinking "there're a good few characters missing here". Not that I'm calling you guys lazy or anything. Please don't get that impression. Just, you know, it's something I'd like to do.

Just a quick question. By "content editor" does that mean that you're looking for people to add little bits here and there to subsections like "GTA IV Characters" and stuff like that? Because that's something that I'd really love to do. I was on the character page the other day thinking "there're a good few characters missing here". Not that I'm calling you guys lazy or anything. Please don't get that impression. Just, you know, it's something I'd like to do.

Creating new content + updating existing content.

Thanks to everybody (so far) who has sent an application. There's been a lot more than I expected, so I haven't had time to respond individually. tounge.gif

Keep them coming.

i like coffee enemas

Creating new content + updating existing content.

Thanks to everybody (so far) who has sent an application. There's been a lot more than I expected, so I haven't had time to respond individually. tounge.gif

Keep them coming.

Alright, cool. Thanks for the reply dude smile.gif

Juice By Kayla Marie

Good luck to everyone who has applied! I think it would be a interesting experience but I highly doubt I'm fit for a position as of this at all. Whoever gets it though should REALLY update a lot of things example being the multilayer area. There is SO much more that could be added and a few maps that could be added, Turf war location map for online as an example.

Good luck to everyone who applied. Is this recruitment only for GTA4.net?

I'm pretty confident that they mean gta4.net, yes.

The GTA Network is looking for new editors to join its team. Editors are responsible for reporting the latest news on GTA4.Net
Mainland Marauder

I don't want to spam Adam's inbox with this considering the amount of applications he's sorting through to tell him this, so I'll just post it here. I have been writing professionally for newsgathering organizations (mainly print, dead as it is anymore, but with some online experience as well) in various capacities since 1999. My knowledge of HTML is rather rusty but I could probably use an excuse to brush up on it. Problem is, I have never even played IV yet and I feel like this would be better suited for those more familiar with the game. I won't be stuck in the last generation forever, so I feel like I could be a more viable candidate for something like this in the future.

Then again, something like this could be a way for a young, aspiring writer/journalist to get some hands-on experience, especially in the growing field of "new media" - I'm past that stage, and I don't know if it'd be right of me to take that opportunity from someone who could really use it.

I did think hard about applying for this however. Whoever ends up being selected, if they are interested in any help on writing, newsgathering etc. I'd be happy to do what I can. colgate.gif