3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NecroNemesis

?!Male Genital!? ( Spoilers )

gatto
To be honest I think it's great Rockstar did this. I mean video games are like movies these days and yet the people who govern over what is and isnt allowed into a game say that games shouldnt have explicit content..... why not?!

I think 18 rated games needs a bit more nudity from time to time so when stupid parents buy these types of these games for thier kids they will see this or overhear their kids talking about it. Then they can make their complaints and be told that the game is 18 rated for a reason!

There is nothing wrong with 18 rated games having people being chainsawed in half, showing full frontal nudity and generally doing the same things that movies do. The only people to blame are the parents letting their kids see these games and as a parent of a little girl I will say I do not and will not let my little girl watch anything unsuitable.

Great another one of these fake adults.

scotland4life
Wonder if they employed the use of motion-capture? Not that I took a big interest in studying the willy but it did kind of dangle there and wasn't just static as you'd expect. Some decent work went into that wang guys!

bored.gif

Slamman

To be honest I think it's great Rockstar did this. I mean video games are like movies these days and yet the people who govern over what is and isnt allowed into a game say that games shouldnt have explicit content..... why not?!

I think 18 rated games needs a bit more nudity from time to time so when stupid parents buy these types of these games for thier kids they will see this or overhear their kids talking about it. Then they can make their complaints and be told that the game is 18 rated for a reason!

There is nothing wrong with 18 rated games having people being chainsawed in half, showing full frontal nudity and generally doing the same things that movies do. The only people to blame are the parents letting their kids see these games and as a parent of a little girl I will say I do not and will not let my little girl watch anything unsuitable.

Great another one of these fake adults.

Ever recall PC favorite "Leisure Suit Larry"? There was even a R/X rated Atari 2600 cart made, I read. Of course BMXXX, which only had topless chicks as it's claim to fame. In earlier years, I really only recall strip poker games making the rounds in the computer world. Some of the earliest human scans to digital I recall in the early 1980s.

Adult games have fought an uphill battle. As most gamers starting in the 1970s are now my age, we have no qualms. The stigma really is games = kids.

No doubt some of you are rushing headlong into adulthood, there's no need for that. I've said before that my youth did not hinge upon gaming, but I certainly collected a fair amount of them and the consoles. Our neighbors had themselves a Vectrex and ColecoVision/Adam system. Friends in our family had the Atari 7800, it was a blast to play, but a rare visiting occasion over.

The future appears to bode well for adult themed games, but their more realistic nature then ever before, and certainly out in the stores...makes them prime target for moral watchdogs.

Edited by Slamman

Leo Colt

But how can someone be shocked about a penis in a video game, when you see a lot of them in TV, and movies. It's a bit annoying now. confused.gif

How can someone be shocked about a penis in a video game, when you see them in real life?

Man: "Oh my god! Someone else besides me has a penis. This simply will not do!"

Woman: "That horrible man has a penis, and I don't! I feel discriminated! *dials cellphone* Jack..? It's me, I'm so disgusted about something I need to describe it to everyone I know in excruciating detail... Ready to sue?"

People are just acting like little kids and overreacting. And it's Rockstar Games after all. This is hardly surprising...

I mean, yeesh, hasn't anybody ever heard of Custer's Revenge? And back then, the cock was the least of anyone's problems with that game...

Edited by Leo Colt

Slamman

^ yep, Custer's Revenge. I was reading about it in Playboy, of all things! I couldn't recall where they had put together a collection of nude games, but Playboy certainly makes sense.

Stevarius

I think if video games had more nudity, in moderation of course, people would be more accustomed to it occuring and maybe video games could possibly start a revolution in our culture to be more accepting of nudity. It's not like there are anything except penises and vaginas anyways. Only complaint I had was that the guy REALLY needs to trim..... weed whacker broken or something? He looks like fa freaking Wookie. lol.gif

Slamman

There will always be those who argue the cause of "De-sensitizing" to those influences. Obvious blood lust has some members getting FAR too excited... I worry about those guys (or gals) down the road. Can they maintain that this is not real life!??

e2thejdot

I really didn't see the big deal in it. When people saw The Simpsons Movie, I didn't hear anybody in the theater disgusted when they saw Bart's dick. How is this different? Its animated.. and it was done in the exact same fashion. They teased that they weren't going to the show it and waited until the end to do it, just like that cartoon. Where is the Simpsons uproar?

QwertyAAA
There will always be those who argue the cause of "De-sensitizing" to those influences. Obvious blood lust has some members getting FAR too excited... I worry about those guys (or gals) down the road. Can they maintain that this is not real life!??

Slamman, this is GTAF, don't forget that. This forum is the cream of the crop of forums. Stray from it and you're lost in a sea of morons.

Go to any other forum with a TLaD discussion topic and.. Yeah.

Nem_Wan
I really didn't see the big deal in it. When people saw The Simpsons Movie, I didn't hear anybody in the theater disgusted when they saw Bart's dick. How is this different? Its animated.. and it was done in the exact same fashion. They teased that they weren't going to the show it and waited until the end to do it, just like that cartoon. Where is the Simpsons uproar?

Bart is an abstract 2D line drawing, and they way they did the scene you never actually saw Bart and the penis in the same frame.

Stubbs is realistic 3D model animated by a human motion-capture performance. Just a bit more vivid.

e2thejdot

Bart is an abstract 2D line drawing, and they way they did the scene you never actually saw Bart and the penis in the same frame.

Stubbs is realistic 3D model animated by a human motion-capture performance. Just a bit more vivid.

Now you're just trying to find excuses to make this different. lol

Oddsock

Just to add my own experience with this cutscene, it made me laugh REALLY hard.

I was expecting the whole "really-close-but-not-exactly-showing-it" angle throughout the cutscene, and maybe even a butt shot because those are more or less allowed in our general culture nowadays, but when that camera switched and put Stubbs' wedding tackle right in my face, my jaw dropped to the floor and I started laughing. Aside from just being hilarious, the fact that Rockstar actually did that blew my mind. Hey, I thought it was funny, I have nothing against it, but I don't have the majority opinion, and I knew this was a real daredevil move of theirs.

Gee whiz those guys are funny.

buffalosoulj4h20

It's not an uproar in disgust for me. Rstar put it there for it to be laughed at and talked about, so really (?)---

Dingdongs

It did make me laugh.

It's a penis- as someone said it another thread that made me sh*t myself laughing-

" Its only a penis, it will not do any harm to you, get over it "

Yankey184

user posted imageuser posted image

I Guess You Never Noticed

Edited by Yankey184

DavidGC

A little shave would do that man some good. Or just a trim. He looks like he has a hedge going on down there.

dragonrock

But oh no, if they showed pussy lips, the whole world would be up in arms.

Darkgamr
But oh no, if they showed pussy lips, the whole world would be up in arms.

Are you for real? If they showed pussy lips, there would be maybe 5 topics about people saying how hot they were with all the replies telling them to get a life. With a penis, this forum has been up in arms about it nonstop.

Also there is a technically true reason to think looking at a penis for 3 seconds is horrible - penises cause AIDS

.David

I find it rather funny that this is a game where you can splatter somebody's insides all over the floor, and yet so much controversy is being causes because of a VIDEO GAME character. 18+ is there for a reason.

DavidGC

The penis doesn't bother me half as much as how harry the damn thing is! Why isn't anybody talking about this instead?!

Stevarius
The penis doesn't bother me half as much as how harry the damn thing is! Why isn't anybody talking about this instead?!

You should read the post I made on page 2. I talked about how he lacks a weed whacker. suicidal.gif

Shaunr
user posted imageuser posted image

I Guess You Never Noticed

holy sh** that thing's tiny! all the commotion is about a tiny penis. wow.

nkjellman

People are not geting shocked because thare is a d*ck in the game. It was funny and random on how they hid it till the end of the cut sceen. But the shocking part is that rockstar got in trubble for the hot coffie in GTA SA and they would want to keep clear from nudity. By the way when you think about it do you ever wonder who modeld that thing and why they made it look like a forist with a lighthouse.

Nem_Wan
But the shocking part is that rockstar got in trubble for the hot coffie in GTA SA and they would want to keep clear from nudity.

This is Rockstar demonstrating that Hot Coffee would not have been a problem if (a) they had intended to release content like that, in which case (b) they would have worked with the ratings boards to make the content conform to an accurately described M rating.

Dingdongs

A sex mini game would never warrant an M rating no matter what.

SovietWarrior42

I'm surprised I haven't heard any negative stories from the media. I guess some old congressman's schlong isn't that much of a good story. Yet, some sideboob and rolling on the floor from Mass Effect and the whole world is in flames. Dios mio.

Nem_Wan

A sex mini game would never warrant an M rating no matter what.

There are many degrees between the extremes of an interactive sex game and not even allowing the camera inside the girlfriends' houses! With interiors and animation already built there could have been non-interactive cutscenes. I think Rockstar made an artistic decision to leave it all to the imagination because they could have positioned the camera to show more than they chose to and not threaten the commercial rating.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any negative stories from the media. I guess some old congressman's schlong isn't that much of a good story. Yet, some sideboob and rolling on the floor from Mass Effect and the whole world is in flames. Dios mio.

Yeah, so far it's pretty quiet. Maybe people really are over it, or, what I suspect, the people who would make the biggest stink are probably not plugged in enough to know about it or focus on it yet. Checking Google News, the most mainstream mention so far is a review in USA Today and that just went up tonight.

Edited by Magic_Al

GTA3Freak-2001

Its the nature of how this content is delivered, its not on the game shelves like GTA IV was its mostly confined to the online world which is why there hasn't been a fuss yet.

iceman654

Now you're just trying to find excuses to make this different. lol

He's grabbing at semantics because he's an arrogant SOB who can't handle being wrong.

That being said, it's a penis. Big deal. You all have one, do you scream in disgust every time you see yourself naked? Seriously grow up. It's threads like these that prove that GTA attracts a 10 - 15 yr old demographic. You have no problem performing all sorts of brutal violence but you see a penis and WOAAAAAH it's the end of the world!

CryptReaperDorian

How disturbing it might be for some, I got to give congrats to R* for standing up and showing they have to balls. . . . . err digitalized balls. I believe it is not only for comedy but also for standing up and "sticking it" in the face of pissed off lawyers and poloticians. Lots of people look down on nudity but then they don't give a sh*t when there is statues in big cities of nude men with their wangs. R* are actually heroes in my book. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it be a woman, but congrats again R*. I think lawyers and poloticians generally don't care as much as they used to do about sexual content or nudity in video games. I mean GTA SA's Hot Coffee had no nudity and got bombarded with insults and threats, while GTA IV (with more realistic graphics) didn't get as much controversy for showing hookers doing business (fully clothed also) and now this (so far there isn't much controversy). I wonder if pressing buttons really makes a huge difference.