[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

as i said some posts above, it will take a long time until release if nobody helps me with testing and translating.

I can help you with testing, for translating you can use translate.google.com for example.

Killatomate

Beta Test

since nobody reported to test compatibility with patch 1.030 and mods (filecheckfix 1.030) while helicopter testing is already completed, beta testing is closed.

Edited by Killatomate

1.08 definitely works in 1.0.3.0, just like it did in 1.0.2.0. No problems there. Installed all files and replaced filelist.pak. I use the mod along with the Ingame Trainer and R-A-G-D-O-L-L mod without problems.

I hope that for the next one the damage is toned down a bit. It's mostly fine for collisions, but the wheels get blown out a bit too easily when outrunning cops. Maybe take down the collision damage just a little bit and the wheel damage a bit more so you don't constantly have to switch cars because their wheels have given out. For games having totally realistic damage etc is usually nowhere near as fun as if the cars can take a bit of punishment and mistakes.

Killatomate
1.08 definitely works in 1.0.3.0, just like it did in 1.0.2.0. No problems there. Installed all files and replaced filelist.pak.

some users reported that the trucks were as fast as sports cars when using this mod with patch 1.030

can someone with 1.030 please test the trucks? (they are suppoesed to take 18-34 seconds for 0-100 kph)

for translating you can use translate.google.com

you serious about that? last time i used google was horrible. some russian guy was saying: "i agree with you, thats a terrible cool thing" and google translated that into: "no way! you are terribly wrong!"

EPIC FAIL!

Daniel_Von_Rommel

I can't beta test for you as I play with GTA 1.0.2, but I can give you the save game.

Here you go

http://download.gta-expert.com/index.php?a...ownload&id=1950

It's from some italian site, just press "Download", got it by googling.

It's after the mission "lure".

Please do tell me if it's correct, I don't have time to try it myself right now.

Feel free to name me in the "thanks to" section.

Killatomate

list of helicopter missions:

Chapter 3:

"dust off" UL Paper Mission 3: chase a helicopter and steal it (not tested yet)

"paper trail" UL Paper Mission 4: chase a helicopter and shoot it down (works fine)

Chapter 5:

"out of commission" final mission: chase a helicopter and shoot it down (works fine)

Edit: looks like helicopters in missions are not controlled by AI and therefore are not affected by the new handling.

Edited by Killatomate

Killatomate
Many people don't understand they must remove vanilla filelist.pak and replace it with your modded one. That file contains the handling within

i have a user complaining that the mod doesnt change the handling (patch 1.030). i told him to replace the filelist.pak but that didnt work. any suggestions?

maybe trying the "filecheckfix 1.030" mod?

Drunk Russian 9

Many people don't understand they must remove vanilla filelist.pak and replace it with your modded one. That file contains the handling within

i have a user complaining that the mod doesnt change the handling (patch 1.030). i told him to replace the filelist.pak but that didnt work. any suggestions?

maybe trying the "filecheckfix 1.030" mod?

It should, technically, work fine though . . . since that is where the hidden handling file was located. Maybe he just can't tell the difference.

About the handling . . . it feels very heavy, very real. Auto correction is still present however, so that the helicopter returns to hover mode as soon as you let off the keys/thumbstick. Flying upside down is impossible, as the heli can't spin the blades backward . . . sucks sad.gif Doing flips and such is awesome though. Also during landing, the heli tends to lean backward and the skids go inside the ground.

I like it, very precise once you get the hang out it.

Edited by Drunk Russian 9

Killatomate

About the handling . . . it feels very heavy, very real. Auto correction is still present however, so that the helicopter returns to hover mode as soon as you let off the keys/thumbstick.

EDIT: i think you were talking about the center force at high speeds. thats a realistic effect and caused by the wings on the tail. at high speeds helicopters fly like planes.

Also during landing, the heli tends to lean backward and the skids go inside the ground.

thats a problem of the default game. i tried to change the "suspension" of the skids but wasnt able to improve it as much as i wanted to. i spent 10 hours on the stupid skids...

I like it, very precise once you get the hang out it.

yeah i like it too. especially fun if you use a speedometer. now all i want is joystick support and an altimeter mod. i really want to know my height above sea level!!!

Edited by Killatomate

Drunk Russian 9

About the handling . . . it feels very heavy, very real. Auto correction is still present however, so that the helicopter returns to hover mode as soon as you let off the keys/thumbstick.

EDIT: i think you were talking about the center force at high speeds. thats a realistic effect and caused by the wings on the tail. at high speeds helicopters fly like planes.

Well, I played Warrock for a while and became pretty good with the helicopters. You had to fly with the mouse, and for a FPS, the handling was pretty realistic. Anyway, from my understanding, the heli should not level out when you release the keys/thumstick. I'm probably wrong, though, as a mouse is different from a thumbstick/key.

Anyway, I was thinking, can you perhaps put out a "performance" model with more thrust and less weight? And, if possible, have the blades be able to spin backwards. Like an RC helicopter.

Killatomate

from my understanding, the heli should not level out when you release the keys/thumstick.

its not a difference in flight models but a difference in control input.

in most flight simulations the "pilot stick" stays in the same pitch position when you release the key, so that the aircraft's rudders stay in the same position too. however, in GTA IV the pilot stick, rotor blades and tail rudders return to center position when the key is released. thats why i want joystick input biggrin.gif

can you perhaps put out a "performance" model with more thrust and less weight? And, if possible, have the blades be able to spin backwards. Like an RC helicopter.

i dont think reversed thrust is possible. more agile helicopters sounds like fun.

but i have to focus on other things now.

Killatomate
Hey, no problem, it was a pleasure to help.

sorry, i didnt need your savegames. i still had helicopter mission savegame backups on my HDD and then it turned out that AI helicopters in missions are not controlled by AI. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

therefore there is no need to test mission helicopters anymore, since they are not affected by handling changes.

Daniel_Von_Rommel

When you ask something, and a person delivers, it is good manners to say "thanks".

While making up excuses (them actually being real or not is irrelevant to my point) is considered bad manners.

Which is why I usually refuse to help people. because people are... I'll let you guess smile.gif

Hint - Flies like to land on it, and it's definitely not honey.

Killatomate
I don't have time to try it myself right now.

Feel free to name me in the "thanks to" section.

you posted some italian savegame without even testing it or telling me which heli mission it was about and then ask me to add you to credits section of my mod?

calm down.

Daniel_Von_Rommel

I DID test those savegames, I meant I did not have time to test if the handling ruined the choppers.

Also, I DID state which heli mission it was.

Stop twisting facts. If you want to be an ass, at least admit it when you're framed.

Killatomate maybe I can help you with testing the beta handling of the choppers, and maybe even with translating. But what do you want to translate? rolleyes.gif

Killatomate

i need someone who can translate installation instructions into russian. i lack the vocabulary for computer based things...

Killatomate

i made a video about the new helicopters. just waiting for the upload to finish.

Killatomate

Here is the video about the new helicopter handling, definitely worth watching:

it took 6 weeks for Youtube to "fix" the HQ video encoding problem.

The dropped frames problem hasn't been fixed properly though, there are still frames dropped in my latest upload.

grmbl. sneaky2.gif

I got a great idea. Have you made that, so it'll really take time to take off. Like in IV you just get in helicopter press w and you're in the air. Like it'd realistic if there'd be a warm up time before you can take off.

Killatomate
I got a great idea. Have you made that, so it'll really take time to take off. [...] there'd be a warm up time before you can take off.

i dont know how to do that and i think it would annoy most players because cops would always manage to catch you before you can take off. it would prevent you from stealing guarded helicopters like the annihilator (blackhawk).

i have patch 3 installed and would like to test the helicopter handling.

im sorry, helicopter tests are already completed. keyboard controls, gamepad controls, AI and heli chasing missions work fine.

further sharing of my handling just increases chance of somebody leaking the files.

The heli tutorial is great. Now i think i can fly better. Can you make a tutorial how to drive fast on at curves? Beacuse i just sometimes hit some objects.

wow.gif

The release date for the heli?

Looks sick....

Now I can crash a helicopter flying it upside down through a crowd of people..

whee.

Killatomate

default weapons

it really annoyed me that you couldnt take out police helicopters with your AK47 because of the limited weapon range (60m).

i ended up tweaking the weapons...

weapon range is now realistic so that you can take down helicopters (AK47/M4 range is now 270m instead of 60m).

damage is slightly increased, killing a cop now takes 4 bullets instead of 5. (you hate when they get up after you shot them, dont you?)

M4 damage is slightly less than AK47, in return M4's rate of fire has been increased from 430 to 500 rpm.

should i add improved weapons to the mod? (as installation option)

UltimateGTR
default weapons

it really annoyed me that you couldnt take out police helicopters with your AK47 because of the limited weapon range (60m).

i ended up tweaking the weapons...

weapon range is now realistic so that you can take down helicopters (AK47/M4 range is now 270m instead of 60m).

damage is slightly increased, killing a cop now takes 4 bullets instead of 5. (you hate when they get up after you shot them, dont you?)

M4 damage is slightly less than AK47, in return M4's rate of fire has been increased from 430 to 500 rpm.

should i add improved weapons to the mod? (as installation option)

I would like to see the realistic weapons mod from you too!

When will the new version release? tounge.gif

1.08 definitely works in 1.0.3.0, just like it did in 1.0.2.0. No problems there. Installed all files and replaced filelist.pak.

some users reported that the trucks were as fast as sports cars when using this mod with patch 1.030

can someone with 1.030 please test the trucks? (they are suppoesed to take 18-34 seconds for 0-100 kph)

Trucks seem to work as they should.

I'm not sure but it seems that there may be far fewer bikes and a sh*tload more scooters going around, at least when using sportscars yourself. I always seem to stumble upon scooters parked but not any motorbikes. It's a bit annoying that GTA's car spawning is limited to certain cars appearing more depending on what you're driving.

I'm all for improved weapons. I tried to tweak the shotguns myself a bit but didn't find a nice equilibrium where they're pretty good for taking down cops but not so powerful that you'll be dead in a jiffy when cops use them.

Killatomate

when i released version 1.08 of this mod i was VERY sure i couldnt improve it any further.

now take a look at the current changelog:

Main changes:

-realistic helicopter handling and physics

-correct wheel drive for all cars

-further improved e-brakes for all cars

-improved bike handling

-improved weapons

helicopters:

-realistic engine power

-realistic rate of climb

-realistic air drag

-realistic weight

-realistic inertia

-realistic centre of mass

-realistic tail rotor

-realistic tail fin aerodynamics

-realistic landing skid physics

-ability to fly loops and rollers

-more vulnerable to gunfire (engine, tail)

cars:

-slight 0-200 kph acceleration adjustment for sports and super cars

-Ruiner: increased performance, new brakes

-SabreGT: new brakes

-Manana: brakes fixed (were weakened by 30% due to some bug)

-Stallion: brakes fixed (were weakened by 30% due to some bug)

-Schafter: new suspension (state-of-the-art)

-Infernus: slight 4WD adjustment

-Sultan: now RWD

-SultanRS: now RWD, increased performance

-Uranus: now RWD, stronger brakes

-Rebla: now 4WD

-Cabby: now FWD

-Minivan: now FWD

-Habanero: now FWD

-Ingot: now FWD

-Perennial: now FWD

-Pinnacle: now FWD

-Premier: now FWD

-Primo: now FWD

-Solair: now FWD

-Stratum: now FWD

-Vincent: now FWD

-Police: improved head-on behaviour

bikes:

-slight cornering speed adjustment for bikes

-slightly smaller turning radius for bikes

-Faggio: new engine

weapons:

-realistic range (allows you to take down helicopters)

-reasonable damage increase (AK47 slightly stronger than M4)

-higher RoF for M4 (now 500 rpm, while AK47 remained 430 rpm)

will it ever end???? suicidal.gif