[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

zinklesmesh

Police2, Taxi2, and Merit should be front wheel drive, as they're based on the last generation Chevrolet Impala, which is front wheel drive.

user posted image

Edited by Kitteh

Drunk Russian 9

Not 2.7, but your custom handling mod . . . I love cruisin on that highway.

Small tip for next version - Make the suspension of Rancher more damped.. It bounces like a ball biggrin.gif

Killatomate

version 2.7 was uploaded 6.7 days ago and it's still not available on gtagarage... lame service! sarcasm.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
version 2.7 was uploaded 6.7 days ago and it's still not available on gtagarage... lame service! sarcasm.gif

Yeah, some of my jeans are also on there for 7 jeans! sneaky2.gif

Well, I'm still waiting for the new handling! biggrin.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
version 2.7 was uploaded 6.7 days ago and it's still not available on gtagarage... lame service!  sarcasm.gif

Yeah, some of my jeans are also on there for 7 jeans! sneaky2.gif

Well, I'm still waiting for the new handling! biggrin.gif

Why do you wait? You can download it from the GTAInside: http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?d...at=324&id=28015

Thanks man, I didn't know that yet. I'll test it out tomorrow, and tell you how it is biggrin.gif

zinklesmesh

did you see my post at the top of the page? tounge.gif

I mean, if you're going for "Realistic Driving," it helps to have the correct wheels driven smile.gif

Killatomate
Police2, Taxi2, and Merit should be front wheel drive, as they're based on the last generation Chevrolet Impala, which is front wheel drive.

i didn't change police to FWD because that might have a negative impact on police pursuits (--> stupid AI). i was about to rework merit's handling but decided to release 2.7 instead of wasting another 2 hours of my life.

RWD cars are more fun in my opinion. GTA has problems with FWD physics.

Drunk Russian 9

I've been using the handling for a couple days now, and I have to say I like it. Even the bikes (my main complaint last time) feel refined.

Thanks for the awesome mod, dude.

Killatomate

if "Episodes from Liberty City" can be modded, i might port this mod over and add the new vehicles featured in TLAD and BoGT.

GTA4 has been patched 5 times and my mouse still doesnt work. each patch made the game uglier and slower for me.

patch 4 for example removed WATER from my game as well as some other details while decreasing performance at the same time.

great job R* ! - - -**$%&%$§§§§

if my mouse still doesnt work in the piece of crap called "EfLC" then i will DEFINATELY be REALLY PISSED OFF!

bored.gif

if "Episodes from Liberty City" can be modded, i might port this mod over and add the new vehicles featured in TLAD and BoGT.

GTA4 has been patched 5 times and my mouse still doesnt work. each patch made the game uglier and slower for me.

patch 4 for example removed WATER from my game as well as some other details while decreasing performance at the same time.

great job R* ! - - -**$%&%$§§§§

if my mouse still doesnt work in the piece of crap called "EfLC" then i will DEFINATELY be REALLY PISSED OFF!

bored.gif

What mouse do you have? You have the latest drivers for that?

Brian_OConner333

Hi, like your mod but you have a lag with stratum: its VERY easy to blow up)

on a quick look, i like the improvements , specially now the cars do easyer and more controlable drifts

and the motorbikes have a "handbrake"

and the bouncing rated cars are fixed ^^

but some things i want to ask thow

did you alter the sound of the vihicles? they sound vry nice now for some reason( not thaaaat different from what i heared befor i replaced 2.6 with 2.7 , but just better)

i noticed that cars are easyer to tilt over (on there side)

and the dukes with the blower , basicly never spawns (i spawned like 30 dukes , but non of them had the blower)

another thing i'd like to ask , you gave the dukes the handling of a charger , wich is vry good and stuf.

but the version with the blower has 750bhp ,but that dousn't match the handling thought

same with the peyote wich has a V10 .

i might sound negative ( xD)) but trust me , you do an amizing job there

Killatomate
Hi, like your mod but you have a lag with stratum: its VERY easy to blow up)

i dont see your problem - the car is more durable than in the default game.

can you explain in detail whats wrong with it?

I love your mods and been using it since the first but I have a slight problem with some of parts of the modification.

With the escalade, it flips over way too easily. Even if I am going 5mph and take a turn its very unatural like the wheels have anitgravity on one side or something and its just flips over. Same thing with the Range Rover but not so much.

When ever I try to do a whillie or stoppie on a motorcyle I get the same feeling. Like one of the wheels suddenly has antigravity or something and starts lifting unaturally. Like say I am going 10mph and off the gas. then just hit the lean back key, Niko will lean back and the front tires lift in the air even though I am not giving it any throttle. Very unatural.

Due to the custom cars in that pack my old saves kept erroring so I decided to start a new game with the new cars and handling. the problem is I keep seeing the same cars over and over again. When I start out, for like 5 miles allI see is S500's maybe a few x5's. Then if I get in a taxi. Every single car on the road is a taxi. Very frustrating. I am about 3 hours into the game and just saw my first M3... that should of happened during the first 30 minutes of cruising the city.

Do you think I did something wrong when I loaded the mod. Its very hard to play because I cant use and SUV's or have fun with any bikes or custom cars.

What would you recommend I do? because it doesn't seem like other people are having this issue.

EDIT: I believe I am currently running 2.6, let me download 2.7 and over wright the files to see if there is any difference.

EDIT2:Ok I upgraded to 2.7 and its still doing the same thing... sad.gif Here is a video I recorded & uploaded with my phone:

Also notice in this short video the is 1 escalade, 1 cop charger, and 8 taxi's... Is that normal for there to be so many damn taxi's? I am not even near times square.

You know, I think I am just gonna go ahead and switch from vista to Win7 right now and reinstall all my games fresh. Hopefully I can get it all done in 2-3hours. confused.gif

Edited by RonFTL

zinklesmesh

It's because you have custom car models. They usually screw up the center of mass.

Drunk Russian 9

Oh, talking bout bugs, there's this one bug where on any bike if you nose wheelie the bike accelerates tremendously(no gas applied).

Killatomate
Oh, talking bout bugs, there's this one bug where on any bike if you nose wheelie the bike accelerates tremendously(no gas applied).

that's Rockstar's fault. when you lean forwards the center of mass remains the same in GTA 4.

R* decided to apply a "forward-force" instead. that's why bikes can accelerate even with locked wheels.

there is also a force (disabled in this mod) that accelerates helicopters PERPENDICULAR to the main rotor's thrust vector.

in the default game you can accelerate a helicopter while it's pitched backwards.

it's all Rockstar's fault.

It's because you have custom car models. They usually screw up the center of mass.

Ohh I see. Gotcha.

Well I thought I was using Killatomate's custom car model mod he included but I think I could be wrong on that.

Anyways I am now installing on it Windows7, so I'll see how it runs in a few minutes with no custom car models.

Can anyone confirm that Handling mod 2.7 works flawlessly with "Custom Car Handling Pack 3" on Killatomate's gtagarage page?

I want the custom cars but I dont want to install them if it is going to make some vehicles unusable.

Thankyou.

Killatomate
Can anyone confirm that Handling mod 2.7 works flawlessly with "Custom Car Handling Pack 3" on Killatomate's gtagarage page?

I want the custom cars but I dont want to install them if it is going to make some vehicles unusable.

you have to insert custom handling lines into handling.dat when using custom car models.

the realistic driving mod works fine with any car mod, as long as you use proper handling lines for the new cars.

you have to insert custom handling lines into handling.dat when using custom car models.

the realistic driving mod works fine with any car mod, as long as you use proper handling lines for the new cars.

okay. gotcha.

Where would I get the custom handling lines for the custom cars in the pack on your gtagarage page.

Because it seems like 2.6 or 2.7 overwrote those car lines or something.

Any tips on how to do this will be greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

Also: I love the 2.7 handling mod, but I personally want a damage % inbetween realistic and normal.

Realistic is great and everything, but when I jsut want to have fun and fly, I dont want my wheels to be jammed after every crash. And then when I play normal damage, I feel like every car is a tank.

Could you tell me how to mod the file to make the damage % between realistic and normal?

I almost have this game exactly how I want it.

Thank you so much!!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by RonFTL

Drunk Russian 9

that's Rockstar's fault. when you lean forwards the center of mass remains the same in GTA 4.

R* decided to apply a "forward-force" instead. that's why bikes can accelerate even with locked wheels.

there is also a force (disabled in this mod) that accelerates helicopters PERPENDICULAR to the main rotor's thrust vector.

in the default game you can accelerate a helicopter while it's pitched backwards.

it's all Rockstar's fault.

Yea I figured you knew already, and it's a fun bug anyway.

How come the original handling doesn't have the bug tho? With the bikes that is. Is it that your handling amplifies the effect of the bug?

offtopic: there should be a mod which makes Niko duck at high speeds on a motorcycle. Doing it manually results in above bug, lol.

Killatomate
How come the original handling doesn't have the bug tho? With the bikes that is. Is it that your handling amplifies the effect of the bug?

in the default game bikes have extreme drag. that makes the "forward force" issue less obvious.

zinklesmesh

Hey Killa, I figured out a way to make the cars have less ridiculous corner response: increase TractionCurveLateral. I doubled it for all cars and everything feels nice and weighty now. It also helps to decrease TractionCurveMin, so when cars lose grip they're less easy to flick back and forth unrealistically.

Brian_OConner333

i dont see your problem - the car is more durable than in the default game.

can you explain in detail whats wrong with it?

usualy you have 5-6 big crashes to burn the car, here it is only one. i dont think that stratum in real life is so crashable) smile.gif

Killatomate

I have released two videos showing Realistic Driving 2.7 gamplay:

If u put handling.dat file to EFLC folder and replace that handling.dat, will i get same handlings?

This mod DOES NOT work with Episodes from Liberty City!

I might port this mod over to EfLC soon.

If u put handling.dat file to EFLC folder and replace that handling.dat, will i get same handlings?

This mod DOES NOT work with Episodes from Liberty City!

I might port this mod over to EfLC soon.

My I correct you and say it works in EFLC. But it will only effect the common shared cars. Exclusive cars to one of the expansions most be edited separately in a other file.

• /common\data\handling.dat file -------------> shared handling lines (like AMBULANCE)

/TLAD\common\data handling.dat file ------> TLAD exclusive cars (like TOWTRUCK

/TBoGT\common\data handling.dat file ----> TBoGT exlusice cars (like BUZZARD)

We also proven that the EFLC PC game engine can handle / read decrypted / unscrambled files. There is at the moment no need to encode them back before being using ingame. More information on editing text based files (like handling.dat files) can be found in this topic (link)

Also:

The orginal xbox 360 handling date lines for EFLC can be found decoded hier:

• -
TLAD handling.dat (by Hellzone100)

- TBoGT handling.dat by STEVE124

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1059879064

Killatomate
it works in EFLC. [...]

/TLAD\common\data handling.dat file ------> TLAD exclusive cars (like TOWTRUCK

/TBoGT\common\data handling.dat file ----> TBoGT exlusice cars (like BUZZARD)

yeh i found that out some time ago. i have the 360 files already smile.gif

but i dont know if my mod works flawlessly with EfLC....